Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    spoiler :p
  • ecu 7 Oct 2012 22:06:32 77,234 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MatMan562 wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    Was just farming Hunter Hellquist for The Bee. Got it on my third attempt. :D

It does 46000 amp damage per shot, and when combined with the shotgun I have which does 6300x18, I reckon I'm pushing close to 1 million damage per shot. Awesome.
    That would depend, if it added 46000 to your overall shot then it would be closer to 200k but if it added 46000 and then was multiplied by 18 then it would be almost 1 million. Is there any way of knowing how the added damage works?

On a similar note, if I have a gun that does, for example, 1000 damage with a bonus 750 fire damage, does that mean each shot does 1750, assuming the enemy isn't fire resistant? So, it would be better to keep that gun than one that does 1500 damage?
    The Bee adds the damage to every shot while you still have the shield up. So if you have an SMG, every bullet that comes out is amped until you take damage. With shotguns, every pellet is amped. I'm not sure how it works with elementals, but I'd assume it's the same.

Oh god it's amazing, and funny. The legendary shotgun I got, Conference Call, fires horizontally across your field of view, it creates a wall of sorts. I am now almost invincible, this is hilarious and game breaking. Randy Pitchford said they're nerfing it, but I kinda want them to keep it in, in some form. ie. the nerf would only apply if you're playing multiplayer.

Anyone who played Phantasy Star Online and experienced the overpowered beast that was the Spread Needle will have some idea of what this shield can do.

Edited by ecureuil at 22:08:37 07-10-2012
  • MadCaddy13 7 Oct 2012 23:48:44 2,039 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have the best shield! It explodes when I am downed do it makes it so much easier do get a second wind. It so pisses me off when I'm either reloading (because it seems to take years when your down) or when the enemy is almost dead but running away!!!
  • neilqpr 8 Oct 2012 00:01:27 2,863 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    First playthrough complete in 44 hours, level 32 with about 10 side quests remaining. Loved every minute of it, only dissapointment was the lack of decent drops at the end, I've still only got one orange drop and thats the shield everyone gets.

Can't wait to get started on TVHM, and level up with the other characters.
  • Deleted user 8 October 2012 00:10:31
    I'm lv33 and have just entered the Arid Nexus. The lack of orange drops is disappointing but I s'pose the golden chest is to blame for that. None of the shops are even selling purple weapons with most of the weapons being of the standard white variety. O_o

I got fed up with it to be honest so used a poke to give myself 1200 golden keys. -_-
  • neilqpr 8 Oct 2012 00:25:00 2,863 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've used two keys so far and they gave me nothing higher than purple. Hopefully the drops will become better in TVHM.

In saying that I don't think I had an orange drop in BL1 until the Zed DLC. I could be wrong but the orange crux I got in that sticks in my mind as being the first one I got.
  • ecu 8 Oct 2012 01:06:44 77,234 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The highest you can get from the golden chest is purple. Oranges are no longer random, they're assigned to specific bosses and if you want them you're going to have to farm them.

If you're going to cheat to get keys you might as well just go online and get duped items.
  • ecu 8 Oct 2012 02:35:22 77,234 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There's a pretty interesting discussion on the Gearbox forums about the weapon variety in the game. Seems Borderlands 2 has FAR less weapon variety than the first game.

I knew it felt that way but the numbers are surprising. Here's the important part.
  • buggrit 8 Oct 2012 03:36:09 5,179 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ecureuil That's as maybe, but I haven't yet found myself begging for more unique weapons than I've been finding (L31 Axton and L19 Zero) - the shield and grenade mods are more than keeping me busy, looking for the perfect shield.
  • Jazzassin 8 Oct 2012 05:47:18 75 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    There's a pretty interesting discussion on the Gearbox forums about the weapon variety in the game. Seems Borderlands 2 has FAR less weapon variety than the first game.

I knew it felt that way but the numbers are surprising. Here's the important part.
    I think that's just a case of rose-tinted glasses... I played the original literally two weeks before BL2 came out, and at least as far as SMGs went it seemed like there were all of three different skins for them.

Also it seems people are complaining that each manufacturers weapons look like each other instead of being made out of random parts... and that's just a silly, silly thing to complain about.
  • jambii267 8 Oct 2012 05:57:11 1,368 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Over two days worth of playtime and I'm still figuring out what makes I prefer for each type of guns. Anyone complaining that there isn't enough guns is expecting too much.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• Deleted user 8 October 2012 07:25:16
    I seem to recall the developer saying in a GiantBomb quick look that orange items can drop randomly but there doesn't seem to be any evidence to suggest that they do. It takes the edge of looting and as I've said previously the shops sell utter garbage rendering them pointless.

Something else Borderlands 2 doesn't do now is drop weapons that are a much higher level than the player is currently at. It used to be fun seeing what kind of power was in store when you got to higher levels.
  • mikeck 8 Oct 2012 08:33:27 1,936 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @oi I got three lvl 13 shotguns when I was at lvl 9, but that's happened just once. As you say, it's nice to see what lies in wait, but it seems to be a very rare occurrence.

I only use shops to sell my trash loot, don't even bother looking at the stock anymore.
  • AaronTurner 8 Oct 2012 08:37:16 7,857 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I played it quite thoroughly for a couple of days but then quickly stopped. I found that I never really seemed to get exciting Weapons which is part of the major attraction of this game.
  • Razz 8 Oct 2012 08:57:21 61,616 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @oi I'm kind of glad they stopped doing that, to extent, it's happened one time in BL2 (grenade mod). In BL1 I had about as many hoarded higher level weapons as current weapons clogging up my inventory!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Metalfish 8 Oct 2012 09:06:26 8,865 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you're not getting weapons higher level than you it's 'cause you're overlevelling / doing all the side quests. Badass enemies are "supposed to be" 2 or 3 levels higher than you and typically drop levelled equipment.
  • bbvDJC 8 Oct 2012 10:14:43 1,762 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Why are people saying oranges don't drop, or only drop off bosses?

I've had two oranges off random mobs so far.
  • PearOfAnguish 8 Oct 2012 10:16:59 7,464 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I finally got past BW.

And by 'I', I mean the level 45-ish group I joined who killed him short order while I hid at the top of the elevator shooting skags.

Does anyone want a level 26 Bee? The amp damage is fun but now I'm above 40 it offers absolutely no protection.

Edited by PearOfAnguish at 10:17:22 08-10-2012
  • kinky_mong 8 Oct 2012 10:22:54 10,745 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've got a couple of oranges from random chests as well, got a great Orange class mod last night that adds +2 to 6 skills of my character.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• LeoliansBro 8 Oct 2012 10:30:04 44,750 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Found me a sweet corrosive pistol last night - it doesn't really hurt but if the corrosion takes hold it just melts armour. Buzzards are proper fucked.

Also just dealt with Saturn outside the info building, struggling on with no ammo left and a sodding Badass Constructor lands in front of me. What am I supposed to do, tickle it to death?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• PearOfAnguish 8 Oct 2012 11:51:10 7,464 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Do any other classes ever get ammo regen? Never run out with a Gunzerker but running short frequently using Axton.
  • Mola_Ram 8 Oct 2012 12:33:36 8,006 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I don't believe so, but I suppose ideally they would be using less ammo than a Gunzerker, who is best played going in there with twin guns blazing. You'd get ammo regen if you played with a zerker with the appropriate mod, though.
  • MadCaddy13 8 Oct 2012 12:35:58 2,039 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yep the only orange I've had is the one everyone gets and I check almost everywhere :/ I've had a pink once. Is that the 3rd rarest?
  • MadCaddy13 8 Oct 2012 12:37:51 2,039 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Metalfish wrote:
    If you're not getting weapons higher level than you it's 'cause you're overlevelling / doing all the side quests. Badass enemies are "supposed to be" 2 or 3 levels higher than you and typically drop levelled equipment.
    Good point I usually do levels that are a couple of levels below me. Maybe it's not a good thing to do everything?
  • Mola_Ram 8 Oct 2012 12:43:38 8,006 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, maybe it isn't a good idea, but I do everything anyway, because that's how I play RPGs. So I was usually pretty over-leveled in this, at least in the first playthrough.

That being said, there are usually places you can go where the enemies are tougher and drops better. Lynchwood, for example.
  • Fat_Pigeon 8 Oct 2012 12:55:18 9,842 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    the bee shield is fucking insane, combined it with my 8000x18 shotgun. a crit hits for just under 2 million. then I wield a slagged shotgun in my off had which alone hits for around a million. and doubles the damage of the other.
  • dsmx 8 Oct 2012 13:12:58 7,692 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Every amp sheild is stupidly powerful with shotguns.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• ecu 8 Oct 2012 13:28:56 77,234 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Bee is different though because there's no drain, meaning every single shot is amped. It'll be interesting to see how they nerf it, though I'm not sure what they can do without making it totally useless. It's capacity is pretty poor for end game, but that's offset by the god-like power it gives you. I think one solution would be to give it drain like a normal amp shield, but buff the recharge delay. They could also make it so it doesn't apply to every shotgun pellet, but it'd still be hugely overpowered on weapons with a high rate of fire.
  • Tryhard 8 Oct 2012 13:34:44 4,222 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They should leave them alone,it gives the player the chance to feel Godlike.If you get bored with one shot kills put it in the bank.And run with a more normal shield.

These sort of items create buzz and talking points in a loot game.It is up to the player if they want to put the game on easy mode.
  • Page

of 155 First / Last