Borderlands 2 Page 76

• Page

of 153 First / Last

• themanfromdelmonte 6 Oct 2012 22:32:21 540 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just done Bloodwing.

Having mainly played Mord in Borderlands, it's on like Donkey Kong now. Looking forward to turning Handsome Jack into a red smear.
  • dsmx 6 Oct 2012 23:06:17 7,412 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    when he's dead have a look at his face.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• King_Edward 6 Oct 2012 23:18:15 11,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Another once for the great lines. Killed one guy and another yells "YES! I owed him money!"
  • MistaGav 6 Oct 2012 23:55:13 90 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've sunk in a huuuge amount of time on this game in the past few weeks and now I'm kind of burnt out on it. Once my Siren was maxed out and raiding Terramorphous a few times, I doubt I'm gonna get any better loot for now.

Might put it on the backburner till the Mechromancer and new DLC comes out for now.
  • Jazzassin 7 Oct 2012 10:19:23 75 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    griff_dai wrote:
    Cheers, I'll go commando.....:)
    I'd recommend Gunzerker. I went Commando first, until level 13, and while it's a good class for solo play, it's quite a lot duller in my opinion.

Salvador has character, and he has class. Who doesn't want to go "BWAHAHAHABRLGBRLGBRLGBRLG!!!!" or hum "In the Halls of the Mountain King" while spewing molten metal in every direction? Axton just has these Hollywood-style one-liners when he deploys the turret.

Salvador is just much more badass.

Furthermore, once you get far enough down the Rampage tree, you can literally gunzerk forever, as long as you have enough enemies to shoot at / kill. That is badass.

And finally, gunzerking with two legendary, fully automatic Vladolf sniper rifles is definitely BADASS.

(Got them while farming Wobley and Gettle in the Dust for a nice legendary slag assault rifle, which I also did get in the end, although I also gained a full three levels while at it)
  • griff_dai 7 Oct 2012 10:21:50 400 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I went Commando and I'm loving this much more than the 1st game at the moment :)
  • King_Edward 7 Oct 2012 10:58:26 11,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have an undiscovered mission in the Fridge that's bugging me as I can't find it. Description reads "Every once in a while, a goliath gets a good idea..."
  • Jazzassin 7 Oct 2012 11:00:17 75 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    griff_dai wrote:
    I went Commando and I'm loving this much more than the 1st game at the moment :)
    Definitely. This isn't "Borderlands part two".... it's "Borderlands to the power of two". Everything is much better, or much more over the top.

It's not perfect of course, but what is?

I still recommend trying the Gunzerker. Badass!
  • -RH- 7 Oct 2012 11:00:55 6 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @King_Edward There is a Goliath around the map that you can kill and he drops an ECHO, that starts the mission. I found him near the zone entrance but also read he can be up near the Crystalisks, so maybe just have a run around the whole map and see if he pops up!
  • Jazzassin 7 Oct 2012 11:02:40 75 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    I have an undiscovered mission in the Fridge that's bugging me as I can't find it. Description reads "Every once in a while, a goliath gets a good idea..."
    The quest item drops off a Goliath. Someone somewhere suggested that you just need to kill one before it starts raging (ie, don't shoot off the mask if you can help it). Sure enough, I got one off the very next one I killed.
  • King_Edward 7 Oct 2012 11:05:09 11,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That explains the problem. I always shoot the mask off . :)
  • Pinky_Floyd 7 Oct 2012 11:58:45 6,422 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    haven't had much of a chance to play this week so only lvl 21 but have 11 golden keys saved up :)
  • bbvDJC 7 Oct 2012 14:11:02 1,637 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Put some more hours in last night and hit 23 with Zero having just finished the reserve.

Game is getting pretty easy now considering I can one hit pretty much anything with Deception and melee combined, but I'm still having a blast.

I'm probably going to lay off the side quests and just finish the story for this playthrough though and either do them all on pl2 or on another character.

Think I will try the Gunzerker next.
  • Vortex808 7 Oct 2012 14:11:22 6,564 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    That explains the problem. I always shoot the mask off . :)
    I got that mission, but I always try to shoot the mask off too. It's more fun that way.

I can't remember what happened when the goliath dropped the echo though. The mission also did lead on to find the na-na-na-na rakkman area. :)

Have you done the fridge quest for scooter yet? I think i did that one first, but I'm not sure if it's a requirement or not.
  • mcmothercruncher 7 Oct 2012 14:16:35 5,727 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bah, first golden key I use and I get a shitty launcher. Bet I get a bloody pistol next time.

They ought to be vaguely class based, no?
  • Metalfish 7 Oct 2012 14:22:28 8,689 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That goliath always(?) spawns after you do Scooter's quest and you've defeated naa-naa[snip]

He should be just where you drop down.
  • Vortex808 7 Oct 2012 14:27:11 6,564 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Metalfish wrote:
    That goliath always(?) spawns after you do Scooter's quest and you've defeated naa-naa[snip]

He should be just where you drop down.
    Definitely appeared before the latter area you mentioned for me. I finished goliath quest en route to there.

Edited by Vortex808 at 14:27:25 07-10-2012
  • bbvDJC 7 Oct 2012 14:31:56 1,637 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah I also finished it before that part.

The Goliath spawned after the mag, food and flowers quest for Scooter.
  • King_Edward 7 Oct 2012 14:38:42 11,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've for it now anyway. He might've dropped it before and I just didn't notice.

Already killed Rakkman twice looking for it. :)
  • ecureuil 7 Oct 2012 14:51:38 76,017 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just finished TVHM, I had two level 50 legendary weapons drop within two minutes.

The final boss gave me a shotgun, then I exited the area and killed a level 52 King Mong, which dropped a rocket launcher. Here's a picture of 'em.
  • Daeltaja 7 Oct 2012 15:06:21 1,006 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Up to level 37 now and loving TVHM. Very tough challenge, but it feels great. Loving how powerful I'm becoming too and the weapons that are dropping now are friggin' awesome.
  • PearOfAnguish 7 Oct 2012 16:03:05 6,989 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Holy shit, BW on TVHM is tough as hell. Can't seem to put a dent in the health before getting slaughtered by skags.
  • ecureuil 7 Oct 2012 16:58:04 76,017 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What character are you playing as? I suggest not even trying to shoot her while she's flying around, every so often she'll land, then you can unload you action skill, grenades, rockets, etc. When she's in the air, just run and avoid her attacks. She does regain a little health when she changes elements, which is annoying. Not sure if you're even able to exit the zoo without finishing this fight.
  • PearOfAnguish 7 Oct 2012 21:09:27 6,989 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gunzerker. Getting to BW is bad enough, being continually raped up the arse by robots and those fucking stalker things. But when you get there his health just keeps regenerating unless you're right down in the arena, but then you get slaughtered by skags.

Also: fuck flying enemies. Fuck any developer who thinks they are ever a good idea. Did they learn nothing from Morrowind's cliff racers?
  • ecureuil 7 Oct 2012 21:16:36 76,017 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They're a pain in the ass, but it's nice to have the variety. Wouldn't be much fun if every enemy was easy.
  • PearOfAnguish 7 Oct 2012 21:19:01 6,989 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Didn't say they had to be easy, just not incredibly annoying. You can't move through that area without being continually harassed by those flying repair cunts, and at this level the badasses can kill you with a few shots.
  • ecureuil 7 Oct 2012 21:22:17 76,017 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The buzzards are by far the most annoying enemies on TVHM. They seem to have insane amounts of health, even when you use corrosive against them. Then whey they take you out they're virtually impossible to get a second wind from. I must have died over 30 times doing the buzzards nest section on TVHM.
  • ecureuil 7 Oct 2012 21:46:22 76,017 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Was just farming Hunter Hellquist for The Bee. Got it on my third attempt. :D

It does 46000 amp damage per shot, and when combined with the shotgun I have which does 6300x18, I reckon I'm pushing close to 1 million damage per shot. Awesome.
  • dsmx 7 Oct 2012 21:58:58 7,412 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I didn't have many problems getting to BW on TVHM, although I was about 4 levels above the enemies. But with my gunzerker when I face the stalkers I dual wield an electric pistol and a fire shotgun with an amp shield for the extra push you need to get through their shields. I've got a kick ass corrosive dahl gattling gun for the robots and tend to throw a slag weapon as well if I need a bit of extra punch.

When fighting bloodwing I was dual wielding a fire shotgun/electric pistol when he was fire and a high damage jacobs pistol. I left all the skags alone until I went down then shot them and moving about the arena I was jumping everywhere since it helps dodge the skags attacks.

Buzzards if they come for you try to take cover, and if your corrosive isn't having much luck on them try to hit the pilot if that's not possible try an explosive shotgun, wait till they stop moving for a while and it should do significant damage to them since they tend to crit the buzzards quite easily.

Edited by dsmx at 22:01:41 07-10-2012

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• MatMan562 7 Oct 2012 22:02:52 1,906 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Was just farming Hunter Hellquist for The Bee. Got it on my third attempt. :D

It does 46000 amp damage per shot, and when combined with the shotgun I have which does 6300x18, I reckon I'm pushing close to 1 million damage per shot. Awesome.
    That would depend, if it added 46000 to your overall shot then it would be closer to 200k but if it added 46000 and then was multiplied by 18 then it would be almost 1 million. Is there any way of knowing how the added damage works?

On a similar note, if I have a gun that does, for example, 1000 damage with a bonus 750 fire damage, does that mean each shot does 1750, assuming the enemy isn't fire resistant? So, it would be better to keep that gun than one that does 1500 damage?

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Page

of 153 First / Last