Borderlands 2 Page 72

• Page

of 154 First / Last

• Vortex808 4 Oct 2012 09:40:07 7,155 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Caustic caverns is great fun.

I currently have masses of side quests to do in the dust and highland regions and keep getting distracted by other ones, or facets of others nearby.

:)

I love this part of loot-em-ups.

I am also finding some really interesting weapons and shields now, and I'm still only at lev 20. I'm holding on to too much stuff because of this so will have to decide what to bank and what to have on me.

You just never know what you're about to walk into though, so I feel I should be prepared with many variants/mods. 27 slots is not enough after the luxury of a maxed backpack in the first game!
  • kinky_mong 4 Oct 2012 10:02:09 10,295 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Arms Dealer side mission can fuck off, stupidly tight time limit for a solo player and it respawned loads of the enemies on my third attempt! Bastards!

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• oldschoolsoviet 4 Oct 2012 10:48:52 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    The Arms Dealer side mission can fuck off, stupidly tight time limit for a solo player and it respawned loads of the enemies on my third attempt! Bastards!
    Strange, as it seemed to relax the time added for each "collection" for me, doubled to around 40 seconds instead of 20 on the second attempt. There's a Eridian artifact from an Ellie quest reward that helps too.

Also, are you a secret boss ? King, Donkey, Kinky.....? :D
  • Vortex808 4 Oct 2012 10:51:12 7,155 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    There's a Eridian artifact from an Ellie quest reward that helps too.

Fuck. I think I know the relic you mean that would help here.

I got, and sold, it last night /o\
  • PearOfAnguish 4 Oct 2012 11:16:18 7,305 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone picked up that nagging sniper rifle? Does a good amount of damage, but every time you kill someone or reload it starts berating you.

"There are children out there who can't afford ammo you know!"
    "You've just made another orphan!"
    "If you were a better shot you wouldn't need to reload!"

I was using it until it glitched out and continued to have a go at me even after I dropped it in the storage bank.
  • kinky_mong 4 Oct 2012 11:23:24 10,295 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Strange, as it seemed to relax the time added for each "collection" for me, doubled to around 40 seconds instead of 20 on the second attempt. There's a Eridian artifact from an Ellie quest reward that helps too.

Also, are you a secret boss ? King, Donkey, Kinky.....? :D
    The boost one? I sold that ages ago as I find boosting often sends me crashing into a wall!

I wish I was a secret boss! Still on the look out for Donkey Mong so I can get that achievement and show it off with pride!

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Razer 4 Oct 2012 11:30:51 1,066 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    I did that quest last night. Failed the first time but had the bright idea of leaving my vehicle near to the 3 objectives that are closest together. Upon restarting the quest you can then teleport straight to the vehicle, thereby Saving yourself a big chunk of time.

Did it with around 30 seconds to spare.
  • Vortex808 4 Oct 2012 11:32:33 7,155 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh, good plan razer, I think I'll try that tonight to get it out of the way if it's a tough one.
  • Metalfish 4 Oct 2012 11:34:13 8,819 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @PearOfAnguish I love that the whole thing was an xkcd reference.
  • ecureuil 4 Oct 2012 11:35:14 76,827 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Did you find the Minecraft easter egg? It's great. :)
  • neilqpr 4 Oct 2012 11:35:31 2,855 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm no leet gamer but the arms dealer mission is easy enough with the default racer, just need to make sure you know the correct route an clear the enemies before you make the good run.
  • Fat_Pigeon 4 Oct 2012 11:39:54 9,813 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Protip: Leave one vehicle at outlook and teleport to it after you got the one at the Stalker Den.

Edited by Fat_Pigeon at 11:41:50 04-10-2012
  • ecureuil 4 Oct 2012 11:41:01 76,827 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you leave the vehicle near the first delivery point you can accept the quest, then go to the fast travel and "teleport to vehicle" and it'll save you 30-40 seconds, makes the quest piss-easy tbh. There's only about 4 timed quests in the game, and you can do this trick on two of them iirc.
  • christourlord 4 Oct 2012 11:50:10 2,498 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ecureuil Where is it? I thought I'd explored that area pretty comprehensively.
  • ecureuil 4 Oct 2012 12:06:20 76,827 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Spoiler tagged for people that want to find it for themselves.

There's a minecart track that runs through the level, it stands out when you view it on the map, it's in the north west, and about halfway around the level as you progress through it. Follow the track over the bridge until you can't go any further, and facing the dead end, next to the bridge, turn right and there's some rocks you can jump on to. Follow these rocks and you'll see Minecraft blocks on the wall.
  • bbvDJC 4 Oct 2012 12:19:21 1,720 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Question for any sirens out there; should I go with Chain Reaction or Cloud Kill in the Cata tree? I can't make up my mind.
  • kinky_mong 4 Oct 2012 12:26:10 10,295 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Razer wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    I did that quest last night. Failed the first time but had the bright idea of leaving my vehicle near to the 3 objectives that are closest together. Upon restarting the quest you can then teleport straight to the vehicle, thereby Saving yourself a big chunk of time.

Did it with around 30 seconds to spare.
    Genius. Shame I didn't think of that last night!

• mikew1985 4 Oct 2012 12:29:06 12,756 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've gone with motion so can help you there, some nifty skills now.
  • Vortex808 4 Oct 2012 12:36:06 7,155 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Did you find the Minecraft easter egg? It's great. :)
    No I missed that. Annoyingly, I was right in the area you described later whilst doing the mine cart side quest last night, so could have found it no problem.

I guess I'll have to pop back, is there any decent loot to make it even more worthwhile?
  • Tryhard 4 Oct 2012 12:36:28 3,976 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My melee based Assassin got crunched in the zoo and against BW boss on 2nd playthrough. I got BW down to 1/4 health a few times but in downed state my health seemed to drop twice as quickly at that stage.

It is times like that you wish you had a turret or two hitting that bitch.

And once you are in the zoo there is no way out without killing BW,unless you join someone elses co-op game.
  • Shikasama 4 Oct 2012 12:38:31 6,843 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Arms Dealer quest is definitley the tightest one. It's weird because there's one later that gives you a huge bonus to time when you ick up each objective. I had 5 minutes left on the clock.

The one in: Eridium Blight
  • oldschoolsoviet 4 Oct 2012 12:48:34 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    My melee based Assassin got crunched in the zoo and against BW boss on 2nd playthrough. I got BW down to 1/4 health a few times but in downed state my health seemed to drop twice as quickly at that stage.

It is times like that you wish you had a turret or two hitting that bitch.

And once you are in the zoo there is no way out without killing BW,unless you join someone elses co-op game.
    Don't ask why, but there are some crates halfway up, to the right as you enter. Crouched on top of them, you seem to avoid a lot of attacks. Might be bullshit, but it's worked on two characters.
  • PearOfAnguish 4 Oct 2012 13:02:36 7,305 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I soloed Bloodwing by crouching behind a box. Don't think I took a single point of damage. Getting to that boss was the hardest part.

Edited by PearOfAnguish at 13:02:53 04-10-2012
  • FogHeart 4 Oct 2012 13:04:05 946 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did Arms Dealer on Tuesday. My advice:-

Go near the first mailbox to trigger the locations of the rest but don't collect the arm from it.

If you're concerned about enemies slowing you down, clear out the areas first and when you return on the collection run they won't be there to bother you.

There are three close together, house on the hill, stalker cave, and robot outpost (don't know the names). Leave the vehicle close to stalker cave.

Start at house on the hill, fall down to stalker cave, drive to robot outpost (you may want to plan the route there first), then drive to water's edge (you will drive across a pond to get there), then back to the first mailbox. This way when they're all collected you have time to run for the depository.

Edited by FogHeart at 13:04:50 04-10-2012
  • ModishNouns 4 Oct 2012 13:12:15 4,655 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I got my first orange weapon "in the wild" (already had an orange shield from a quest reward) the other night. A level 18 Torgue shotty with high dmg and a tight firing cone. Working well for my lvl 23 Commando.

It was from a quest but dropped by the boss, not an explicit reward. If you don't want to know which, don't hover. Slap Happy - Kill the thresher that took Hammerlock's arm.

It's not mentioned in the wiki, though, so probably random and I have the rare items artifact equipped.
  • neilqpr 4 Oct 2012 13:14:51 2,855 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I killed him and didn't get any orange goodies. In fact the only orange one I have is that firey shield that everyone gets.
  • ModishNouns 4 Oct 2012 13:17:43 4,655 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    Anyone picked up that nagging sniper rifle? Does a good amount of damage, but every time you kill someone or reload it starts berating you.

"There are children out there who can't afford ammo you know!"
    "You've just made another orphan!"
    "If you were a better shot you wouldn't need to reload!"

I was using it until it glitched out and continued to have a go at me even after I dropped it in the storage bank.
    There's a similar glitch on the talking shotgun that continues a-whoopin' and a-hollaring' when you've switched to another weapon.
  • rtk79 4 Oct 2012 13:47:42 493 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    bbvDJC wrote:
    Question for any sirens out there; should I go with Chain Reaction or Cloud Kill in the Cata tree? I can't make up my mind.
    I've never noticed Chain Reaction doing much use (and I have it maxied-out) but Cloud Kill is very handy ! Bear in mind it only takes a single point, it doesn't level up, meaning you'll have to put points into Chain Reaction or Backdraft to reach the upper tiers.

Edited by rtk79 at 13:54:08 04-10-2012

Edited by rtk79 at 13:58:59 04-10-2012
  • ecureuil 4 Oct 2012 14:07:07 76,827 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    The Arms Dealer quest is definitley the tightest one. It's weird because there's one later that gives you a huge bonus to time when you ick up each objective. I had 5 minutes left on the clock.

The one in: Eridium Blight
    I finished that one with 8 minutes left. :D Hardest one is in the Highlands if you try to do it properly, but it's still very easy if you use the teleport to vehicle trick.
  • ecureuil 4 Oct 2012 14:08:41 76,827 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    rtk79 wrote:
    bbvDJC wrote:
    I've never noticed Chain Reaction doing much use (and I have it maxied-out) but Cloud Kill is very handy ! Bear in mind it only takes a single point, it doesn't level up, meaning you'll have to put points into Chain Reaction or Backdraft to reach the upper tiers.

Edited by rtk79 at 13:54:08 04-10-2012
    You don't need to use points from the same level, you just need one. ie. You can have one point in Cloud Kill and the rest in Flicker or Foresight.
  • Page

of 154 First / Last