of 154 First / Last

• King_Edward 2 Oct 2012 20:50:46 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You should start picking them up soon.
  • thenastypasty 2 Oct 2012 21:48:49 5,182 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Favourite character so far has got to be Tiny Tina, little psycho bitch has made me laugh on more than one occasion. :lol:
  • dsmx 2 Oct 2012 21:52:50 7,601 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Slag weapons are only useful really in co-op since the time something stays slagged is rather limited, unless your salvador then you can dual wield a slag weapon and do the damage with another.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Metalfish 2 Oct 2012 22:04:31 8,818 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Slag grenades are brilliant. Especially singularity ones. Even more so if you have a torgue rocket launcher to hand.
  • 1Dgaf 2 Oct 2012 22:15:53 3,829 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Singularity grenade of any type + slag weapon + turret.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• King_Edward 2 Oct 2012 22:16:26 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Slag weapons are great for the Siren too. Corrosive mist + fire phaselock + slag = Thesher got bitched.
  • 1Dgaf 2 Oct 2012 22:18:57 3,829 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh and don't forget that singularity grenades are a form of area control. Need to revive someone? Use a singularity as you run in and it'll pull enemies away, giving you a bit more time to revive without taking fire.

• ecureuil 2 Oct 2012 22:19:32 76,803 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    1Dgaf wrote:
    Singularity grenade of any type + slag weapon + turret.
    Singularity grenade + Nuke Turret. :D
  • Dr.Haggard 2 Oct 2012 22:31:21 4,201 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bugger. I'm thoroughly enjoying my Axton playthrough, having gone with Salvador for a while initially and switched, but I've just realised Axton has no passives I particularly want (yep I hoarded points for a while) because it's almost all about the turret.

My own fault for not studying the skill trees when they went up on the site, but I just don't find the turret a very fun mechanic - I completed the first game twice with Roland and never used it - I want more weapon buffs :(
  • 1Dgaf 2 Oct 2012 22:36:55 3,829 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm working towards having two turrets. I'm more interested in playing with things like line of sight and timing. What differences in coverage can I get when I put turrets on walls and ceilings? How well will I be able to manage cooldowns so there's always at least one turret firing?

(Conversely my Zer0 build is all about crit damage.)

The game needs improvement in some places, it could learn from other titles, but some of the 'meta' game aspects are, or the promise of them, are really interesting.

What I want to do is have all the characters levelled, plenty of money for re-specs and to play co-op with friends where we discuss builds and the interaction of our characters and playing styles.

Edited by 1Dgaf at 22:37:51 02-10-2012

• Flying_Pig 2 Oct 2012 22:49:51 10,985 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just done Stronghold Ramparts. Am I right in thinking that the thing holding Roland isn't beatable at this point?

Anyway, loving Zer0 as he's an ace sniper, but not finding much love in his skill tree. Only lvl 15 and focused on survivability so far...
  • ResidentKnievel 2 Oct 2012 22:52:44 6,196 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    1Dgaf wrote:
    I'm working towards having two turrets. I'm more interested in playing with things like line of sight and timing. What differences in coverage can I get when I put turrets on walls and ceilings? How well will I be able to manage cooldowns so there's always at least one turret firing?

(Conversely my Zer0 build is all about crit damage.)

The game needs improvement in some places, it could learn from other titles, but some of the 'meta' game aspects are, or the promise of them, are really interesting.

What I want to do is have all the characters levelled, plenty of money for re-specs and to play co-op with friends where we discuss builds and the interaction of our characters and playing styles.
    It's a shame that a lot of the weapons and equipment are so overpowered that any interesting high level tinkering with player set-ups will be pointless.

Unless Gearbox start toning stuff down like The Bee and some of Axton's and Salvador's skills.

Edited by ResidentKnievel at 22:56:31 02-10-2012

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• themanfromdelmonte 2 Oct 2012 23:02:23 577 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Dr.Haggard

Head down the Gunpowder tree, for Ranger "Makes you better at just about everything."
  • Tabasco 2 Oct 2012 23:05:47 5,780 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ta for the game dsmx, had to leave pretty early as I was thinking of stopping altogether when you appeared :)

As an aside, Tiny Tina is the best character in the game bar none...
  • Dr.Haggard 2 Oct 2012 23:07:43 4,201 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    themanfromdelmonte wrote:
    @Dr.Haggard

Head down the Gunpowder tree, for Ranger "Makes you better at just about everything."
    Aha, I guess I didn't pay much attention to that one as I was disillusioned by the time I reached bottom! Ta for that.

Edited by Dr.Haggard at 23:08:03 02-10-2012
  • oldschoolsoviet 2 Oct 2012 23:10:52 5,478 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Just done Stronghold Ramparts. Am I right in thinking that the thing holding Roland isn't beatable at this point?
    It is, but not essential. Just mentioned it on previous page.

ED: Or two. Ooops.

Edited by oldschoolsoviet at 23:11:46 02-10-2012
  • MatMan562 2 Oct 2012 23:48:07 2,459 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    1Dgaf wrote:
    How well will I be able to manage cooldowns so there's always at least one turret firing
    Just so you know, that's not a possibility, they share the same cooldown and if you reclaim one, you reclaim them both.

As an aside in case people don't know, the headwriter of BL2 (Anthony Birch) and the voice of Tiny Tina (Ashley Birch) have an online show on Gametrailers called 'Hey Ash, whatcha playing?'. Sometimes it's pretty funny, sometimes it's a little funny and sometimes it's not so funny but... y'know.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• 1Dgaf 3 Oct 2012 00:10:40 3,829 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh, that's a shame. I just watched a video and it looks like they share the same active timer too, so you can't deploy a second just as the first one runs out, which would reset the timer.

• FuzzyDuck 3 Oct 2012 00:22:23 4,126 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Flying_Pig

Wait until you unlock Zero's ability to shoot through enemies. I had a combat engineer lined up for a headshot earlier only for one of those robo walker thingies get in the way as i fired (i had already weakened it a bit). The shot blazed through the robot and killing it, but it still nailed the engineer in the head, scoring an instant kill. Was grinning like an idiot after that! :)
  • Deleted user 3 October 2012 03:24:46
    I haz talking shield. \o/

"I'm back, baby"

^_^
  • MadCaddy13 3 Oct 2012 07:52:53 1,921 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oi wrote:
    I haz talking shield. \o/

"I'm back, baby"

^_^
    That may get annoying - I know my talking gun is!
  • dudewheresmybrain 3 Oct 2012 08:32:28 668 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got a gun on the lost treasure quest last night that works like the needler from halo - 800x2 damage + 200 corrode... V nice
  • StarchildHypocrethes 3 Oct 2012 08:37:12 25,825 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hah, stumbled on the Rakk Cave last night and had to fight a costumed, boomerang-wielding Rakkman :)
  • ResidentKnievel 3 Oct 2012 08:45:29 6,196 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Hah, stumbled on the Rakk Cave last night and had to fight a costumed, boomerang-wielding Rakkman :)
    I was in stitches at that

• LeoliansBro 3 Oct 2012 08:52:12 44,194 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:

Anyway, loving Zer0 as he's an ace sniper, but not finding much love in his skill tree. Only lvl 15 and focused on survivability so far...
    Tactic: scott round behind the constructor, there's a little pit with a ladder out of it which you can drop into. Staying in there gives you a fine view of the constructor's arse up close and protects you from pretty much all of the incoming fire.

Course, you have to get there first...

I fucking love this game. Gone for a bloodshed build on Kif, my green Zer0 character. I find sniper rifles are plenty nasty enough without needing to buff them through the skill trees, and putting points into the melee stuff (especially the massive damage attack halfway down) means you can also deal with anything if they get too close.

Two other things I'd note - this is the first game I've genuinely enjoyed farming, and I love that I develop an attachment to certain weapons, such that I'm mawkish and sentimental enough to keep them in the bank as souvenirs :)

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• ResidentKnievel 3 Oct 2012 09:02:54 6,196 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Indeed, I don't think I'll ever sell my Electric E-tech Rocket Launcher which holds 7 Rockets per clip and fires purple orbs of doom.

• LeoliansBro 3 Oct 2012 09:15:10 44,194 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have a beautiful purple sniper rifle, +180% crit and flame damage, beautiful looking gun and steady as arseholes. I know I should be using my corrosive sniper (nastier general damage) or my antique sniper (nastier crit) but I keep coming back to it.

I also have a legendary shield with a 33% absorb chance and immunity to fire. Come at me bro.

• pinebear 3 Oct 2012 09:39:47 8,565 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nerds.

• LeoliansBro 3 Oct 2012 09:58:34 44,194 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You should try it pinebear. For want of a better description, this game has the most personality of anything I've seen this gen. For example:

The 'That was easy' achievement: guy screaming at you to shoot him in the head. Shoot him in the head: 10G.

Butt stallion, and pretty much everything Handsome Jack says.

Claptrap's dubstep song.

So many of the throwaway lines. For instance from Tallis: 'Well done Vault Hunter, there is a huge pile of blood money with your name on it waiting for you back here. You would assume this to be a metaphor. You would be wrong.' Or Zed: 'Turns out when you shoot people with this gun, what happens is that they die! Did I mention I don't have a medical licence?' Or Ellie: 'These hood ornaments [statues of her] are beautiful, like a soaring eagle. If the eagle weighed like 300 pounds and had a kick-ass rack...'

The suicidal psychopath quoting Hamlet's soliloquies at you as he charges.

The song titles when characters die, eg: 'Don't ... leave me this way ... /dies'

The intro animations for the characters.

Hyperion's reanimation snideness.

• fletch7100 3 Oct 2012 10:13:21 7,312 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also other great lines from this game

Death messages like I'm almost completed my comic collection, my guts feel like Swiss cheese

Dr zed. Who needs a medical licence when you have style

Handsome jack. Sorry I couldn't hear you over the motor of my blow job machine

Tannis line about bacon and incest

Edited by fletch7100 at 10:14:24 03-10-2012
  • Page

of 154 First / Last