Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 92

• Page

of 99 First / Last

• HardlyRiding 7 Aug 2014 14:45:03 15 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Orange is the ne black or OITNB or New girls on the block.

Liked the first series better, but the more I get to know the characters the more i dislike them. They acting isn't great and some of the plot is all over the place. It's got a lot of heart but sometimes it veers far to into schmaltz for my liking.

6/10
  • oceanmotion 7 Aug 2014 17:18:29 16,128 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SYS64738 wrote:
    The Killing S1 & S2 (US remake)

Great show, kept me guessing until the very end. Fantastic acting by the two leads, particularly Joel Kinnaman who previously didn't particularly impress me in the Robocop remake. It's quite a slow show but one that really makes you care for the characters, unlike most other cop series.

9/10
    S3 is much better than the first two which got a bit silly in the end.

I'm also liking S4 which I've just started.

The Wire S2

Gets better, love the characters and can't wait for S3.

9/10
  • iancognito 7 Aug 2014 17:31:52 1,715 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Penny Dreadful 6/10

More Penny Mediocre. Interesting idea - Victorian London horror bringing in characters from classic fiction, such as Dorian Gray and Frankenstein, but lacked a consistent plot, didn't really use the classic characters, and tried very hard to set itself up for another series.

Also it was very gritty, which translated as many dark scenes where you couldn't see what was happening, and lots of hushed intense whispering. Also Billie Piper does the strongest Irish accent possible, almost as if her script says "Mumbles incoherently" every line.
  • SYS64738 7 Aug 2014 21:28:10 1,714 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    SYS64738 wrote:
    The Killing S1 & S2 (US remake)

Great show, kept me guessing until the very end. Fantastic acting by the two leads, particularly Joel Kinnaman who previously didn't particularly impress me in the Robocop remake. It's quite a slow show but one that really makes you care for the characters, unlike most other cop series.

9/10
    S3 is much better than the first two which got a bit silly in the end.

I'm also liking S4 which I've just started.

The Wire S2

Gets better, love the characters and can't wait for S3.

9/10
    Good to hear. Already started binging on S3 and it's pretty good, but quite different to the first two. I'm not connecting to the characters yet as much as I did during S1.

PSN: SYS64738_UK

• CharlieStCloud 7 Aug 2014 22:14:59 5,530 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finished season one of Trailer Park Boys a moment ago, which was only six or seven 20 minute episodes long.

Bonkers, funny and ever so slightly surreal; you just know that there are some trailer parks (in America) that shares similarities to this show however, my only worry is that there seems to be seven seasons of this. Surely this kind of samey mockumentary style is going to lose its lustre after a while?

Well, anyway, I'd give the first season a 6/10 although one of the episodes had me crying with laughter so maybe I am being a bit harsh, but hey-ho.
  • MrSensible 8 Aug 2014 07:33:52 25,369 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The first season is easily my least favourite of Trailer Park Boys, so keep at it and you've got a real treat ahead!
  • Rhaegyr 8 Aug 2014 12:19:01 2,723 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @oceanmotion

S3 and S4 of The Wire are up there with some of the best television ever.

Hope you enjoy!
  • boo 8 Aug 2014 14:56:24 11,936 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally finished watching Eureka. S4 was a bit iffy, but glad to see that S5 gave the cast a good send off with some considerably better writing.
    It had definitely run its course though - only so many times you can watch :

'Oops, clumsy genius has broken / created / unleashed something.'
    Carter - investigates
    Henry - spends 5 minutes researching and come up with an almost impossible solution
    Zane - Only 'almost impossible'? I'll have that designed / built / written in 10 mins.'
    Day is saved

Have now just started Veronica Mars. A third of the way through S1 and loving it so far...

Just Another Lego Blog

• Kronos 10 Aug 2014 11:51:07 578 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Edge of Darkness. Bit of a slow burning slice of the eighties but utterly absorbing until the last episode which kinda nullifies everything thats gone before.

I was reading on wiki that in the original script the whole GAIA thing was pushed further and Craven actually becomes a tree at the end, whether symbollically or not I'm not sure.

I like that all the actors look like they stepped out of real life and Joanne Whalley is cute as a button.

I should imagine anybody who has ever lost a close relative in some violent or premature way would find this very hard to watch.
  • beastmaster 10 Aug 2014 12:22:20 11,992 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lost Girl Season 4 - 7/0

Perfectly watchable time waster. Plot something to do with something supernatural. There's a Succubus, a siren, a wolf man and a light and dark side. It's got some semi-steamy sex scenes and some gory violence.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• TechnoHippy 1 Sep 2014 19:40:18 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Babylon 5 Seasons 1- 4

I enjoyed watching through these again. It shows it age in many ways (especially the FX) but it's still a decent sci-fi tale. The story is far from perfect though. For example there's a big build up to the Shadow War and then it's over before you realise it. Still there's a good mix of characters (G'Kar is my favourite) and rarely a dull moment.

8/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• gooner77 1 Sep 2014 19:59:10 899 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Wire Seasons 1-4 9/10

Amazing show and well worth catching up with Mc Nulty Bunk and co.

Sheeeeeeiiiiiit !

Edited by gooner77 at 19:59:23 01-09-2014
  • mattk84 1 Sep 2014 20:33:45 583 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hannibal 7/10

Starts off really well but gets way too sidetracked with sub-plot and dream sequences.

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• Kronos 1 Sep 2014 20:44:00 578 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Knights of Sidonia - anime series on NetFlix. 8/10. First couple of episodes are a little confusing but steadily improves to a satisfying final episode. I believe they are working on a 2nd Series.

Contains all the usual anime things, spaceships, big blobby monsters, penis tentacles, weird out of place character, in this case a matron bear.
  • Dougs 5 Sep 2014 10:18:04 69,517 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Banshee S1 - 8/10. That was great fun. Very pulpy but I enjoyed the lead characters and thought they worked well together. Kai Procter is a great baddie too.

24 Live Another Day - 9/10. Utterly preposterous nonsense, but it's Jack Bauer and I am totally gay for him. Some things annoyed me and didn't hit the mark (Fry as PM, how they dealt with "Parliament", guns galore on the streets of London), but loved it when Jack got into his stride. MOAR JACK!
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Sep 2014 11:11:15 15,401 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Game of Thrones
    Season 1: 10/10
    Season 2: 10/10
    Season 3: 10/10
    Season 4: 10/10

Utterly, utterly brilliant. It is just so very good. If I had to pick a fav season, 4 might just nick it it is even darker if possible.
    What to do with the void, I might go for the Tudors, anyone seen/rate it ?

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Fab4 5 Sep 2014 11:13:38 6,216 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Elementary (1st Season) - 8.5/10

Wasn't sure at first, whenever I heard that Watson was to be a woman, but Jonny Lee Miller makes an excellent Holmes.
  • Mr_Sleep 5 Sep 2014 12:24:46 17,383 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 The first season of Game of Thrones is pretty rubbish, in my opinion. It has the look and feel of a program finding its feet and it has a cheap look that reminds me of a Kevin Sorbo production, at times I was expecting him to run in and provide some comic relief.

After season 1 it has improved a lot, I'm also with you that I think season 4 is the best so far.

You are a factory of sadness.

• DUFFMAN5 5 Sep 2014 12:30:35 15,401 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep
    Fair enough, I have loved all of it. The only negitive I can find is "Little finger" I think the actor is aweful, his accent is all over the place, full irish (I realise he is, not the character) in Season 4, I keep expecting him to break into River-dance!. He just looks out of place, reminds me of a cockney Spiv 1940's type.
    Luckily everything else is top class.

I have taken a gamble on "The Tudors" only 15 for complete box set off Amazon. I love reading about the period in time, so should be safe.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Latin 5 Sep 2014 12:31:53 3,826 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just watched Breaking Bad...

Thought seasons 2 & 3 were too slow paced, but then it kicked off big time!

The last 4/5 episodes in particular were brilliant though, absolutely nail biting, gripping, edge of your seat, whatever else you want to call it, stuff!

Overall 9.5/10

Not quite the 10 because maybe I just didn't believe some of the actions and decisions certain characters make.
  • mattk84 5 Sep 2014 12:35:23 583 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Took me a while to give BB a go but so glad I did.
    It builds and builds and builds getting better and better and better.

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• Mr_Sleep 5 Sep 2014 12:37:53 17,383 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Hah, I love Little Finger's accent, it's from another planet. It is very relevant to his character but it makes him sound like a pantomime villain. I would say that it has probably ruined a few scenes when my girlfriend and I spontaneously start laughing at its ridiculousness.

Don't be too harsh on Aiden Gillen, he is actually a very good actor, for instance, his turn in The Wire is brilliant.

• Mr_Sleep 5 Sep 2014 12:38:34 17,383 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Fly episode of Breaking Bad is some of the most gripping and innovative television ever made.

• Dougs 5 Sep 2014 12:50:13 69,517 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Now I have a few out of the way, what next hive mind?

Boardwalk Empire S3 (last few episodes) and S4
    Breaking bad S2 onwards
    True Detective
  • THFourteen 5 Sep 2014 13:32:53 34,471 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finish off Breaking Bad imo.

Watched true detective, it was ok but nothing amazing tbh.
  • glaeken 5 Sep 2014 14:04:18 11,266 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep I only actually noticed Aiden Gillen's accent in the last series. It seemed reasonably consistent up until then and all of a sudden in series 4 he was Orish. It was really jarring as his accent suddenly changed completely to how it had previously been.
  • Physically_Insane 5 Sep 2014 14:05:13 9,251 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, Breaking Bad.
  • Dougs 5 Sep 2014 14:55:26 69,517 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is True Detective relatively light? Missus always needs something less heavy or intense on the go as well!
  • Page

of 99 First / Last