Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 73

• Page

of 81 First / Last

• Baihu1983 13 Jan 2014 12:01:00 2,837 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mad Dogs. Bit of a flat ending to the show IMO.

Show the ending rather than try to be cleaver.
  • TechnoHippy 16 Jan 2014 09:43:04 14,637 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Game of Thrones - Season 3

Ten episodes is not enough! Joffrey is growing up to be a fine king :-) It continues the fine tradition of mixing political intrigue with nakedness (and some fine nakedness at that). The mix of characters is excellent and I'm even enjoying the dragon queen's story line.

An excellent watch.

8/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• beastmaster 16 Jan 2014 10:27:26 10,176 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone watched Veronica Mars? Is it worth a punt?

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Mr_Sleep 16 Jan 2014 12:19:05 16,247 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    I think it is worth a punt, yes. It does end rather abruptly because the show was canned but it doesn't go out on some horrible cliff hanger either so if you don't mind that sort of thing then give it a go.

It's basically a private detective drama set in high school followed by college. It has a similarity in tone to Buffy with the lovely Kristen Bell investigating crimes with her dad who is a former police chief. It has some pretty serious themes mixed in with some light weight stuff and the tone generally works well.

You are a factory of sadness.

• RyanDS 16 Jan 2014 12:50:24 8,699 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    It's a sassy blonde schoolgirl who solves crime!

And yet somehow is brilliant and is one of my top 5 tv series. No idea why or how, as it should be terrible.
  • faux_carnation 16 Jan 2014 22:24:24 8,484 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Parks and Recreation Seasons 1-5 - 8/10

Just watched all this in about 2 weeks. The first series really didn't do it for me but when they started to flesh out the characters a bit (and the in-jokes started to build) I really warmed to it. Goes up another level when the Rob Lowe and Adam Scott characters are added to the cast. Very few actual belly laughs but an overriding sense of cosy wellbeing that leaves me in a good mood every time.

Bearing the above in mind, and that I've already seen and love Community, any recommendations for another light but good sitcom to watch next?
  • captainrentboy 16 Jan 2014 22:40:18 840 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @faux_carnation
    Modern Family.
    Considerably better than I thought it would be.
    And I too am a big fan of P&R.
  • glaeken 20 Jan 2014 14:08:06 10,976 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fringe series 5 - 7/10 - Finally caught up with this. I enjoyed it but it did feel weird that they essentially invented an entire new story just for the last series. It just seemed odd they did this when they wrapped things up so thoroughly at the end of series 4. Still I enjoyed it though the final episode got on my tits a little as there were far to many emotional good bye scenes. Also I don't see how going forward into the future from a time where the observers had already invaded would solve anything. That seemed a rather big plot hole
  • localnotail 20 Jan 2014 14:34:36 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I haven't quite finished series 2 but I just want to say how much I am enjoying The League so far, it just keeps getting funnier. They are so rude to each other, all of them. It's just like having friends again. That's real friends, not Chandler & Monica et all.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• magicpanda 20 Jan 2014 14:49:03 13,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sons of Anarchy Season 6 - Slitmyownwrists/10

Just completely and utterly depressing throughout.

Only Walter Goggins wearing a massive pair of quite convincing tits raised a smile, albeit temporarily because that was a depressing storyline as well.
  • TechnoHippy 20 Jan 2014 20:20:25 14,637 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    24 - Season 1

I'd forgotten how good the first season was after the sillier later ones, not that this doesn't have its silly moments. The format works well and it doesn't rely on action or Jack torturing people quite as much as the later seasons. It's also fun to rewatch knowing who is betraying who and looking for the little tells.

As for characters is had a fair mix, Jack is all kinds of awesome although his daughter is a liability and being skinned alive would be too good for her.

And now onto season 2 and her mystic journey with the cougar...

8/10

• glaeken 27 Jan 2014 10:02:01 10,976 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    True Blood series 6 - 6/10 - Watchable enough but I think they need to kill it off as it's just not what it was. They seem to be making another series though.

Moonfleet -4/10 - Sky one off series which really was rubbish overall. There are only two episodes and while the first episode was not too bad the second episode seemed to try and cover far too much story. It felt that it should have been story told over maybe 5 or 6 episodes not all rushed into 2.

Edited by glaeken at 10:06:06 27-01-2014
  • TechnoHippy 28 Jan 2014 12:24:15 14,637 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    24 - Season 2

More of the same as season 1, but just a bit sillier (a trend that continues). I have no problem with that as it remains entertaining, although I did prefer the President's intrigue to Jack's more torture led action.

Kim's adventures provide a pointless waste of time, she's definitely a bit of a Jonah and I can't help but wonder if the problems that her father keeps encountering are because he is her father.

Mountain Lion/10

• glaeken 30 Jan 2014 10:22:00 10,976 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Mad Dogs. Bit of a flat ending to the show IMO.

Show the ending rather than try to be cleaver.
    Just seen the last one last night and I am not even sure what the ending was meant to be. It almost seemed to hint they were all in purgatory but they pulled that one out of their arse if that is the real explanation. John Simm being in the bad guys car as well as with the rest of them made no real sense
  • Dougs 30 Jan 2014 10:38:53 64,902 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @techno Ha, the cougar scene is hands down one of my favourites in the whole series.

Edited by Dougs at 10:39:15 30-01-2014
  • BinaryBob101 30 Jan 2014 17:23:59 21,966 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    True Blood series 6 - 6/10 - Watchable enough but I think they need to kill it off as it's just not what it was. They seem to be making another series though.
    Thankfully, season 7 is the last. I only watch it 'cause of the wife, honest.

Goose fat is sponsored by:

Lens Flare

• oceanmotion 30 Jan 2014 17:33:38 15,243 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Twin Peaks - Season 1

Copying Alan Wake eh! Enjoyable enough, so cheesy and weird at times. also very amusing. Just when you think it's all normal they throw something in that changes everything. Audrey is nice.

8/10
  • Rhaegyr 30 Jan 2014 17:38:15 1,110 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Twin Peaks - Season 1

Copying Alan Wake eh! Enjoyable enough, so cheesy and weird at times. also very amusing. Just when you think it's all normal they throw something in that changes everything. Audrey is nice.

8/10
    Sacrilege.

If S1 of Twin Peaks doesn't get a 10 what does?

/TP fanboy
  • fletch7100 30 Jan 2014 17:47:13 6,167 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @TechnoHippy

Did a marathon session of 24 the other week. Just couldn't watch the final season, was too burnt out by that stage. Season 5 with President "don't call me Nixon" Logan was probably my favourite.

First couple of seasons was mainly how many times can Jacks daughter be kidnapped in 24hours.
  • TechnoHippy 1 Feb 2014 21:37:49 14,637 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @fletch7100

I can't believe they give that woman a job in season 3 :-)

• Dairyfree 6 Feb 2014 08:59:23 416 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Breaking Bad s1 - 9/10

Nice set up for s2 where things look like it will really get into it's stride. Glad I waited until it was all finished to watch it.

Can't believe it's the same guy who did Malcolm in the middles dad.
  • CosmicFuzz 6 Feb 2014 10:48:59 21,241 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Peaky Blinders - 9/10

The Bridge II - 8/10

The Newsroom season 2 - 10/10

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• Madder-Max 6 Feb 2014 16:47:57 11,566 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dexter S1 - netflix

Wow. I mean just wow. How the fuck did I miss this when it first aired? Brilliant stuff. Halfway through series 2 already.

There are a few 'plot conveniences'. Which loses the series a point but they can be forgiven by the narrative structure and forensic study of emotional disconnection and coping mechanisms.

9/10

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Rhaegyr 6 Feb 2014 16:55:56 1,110 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Madder-Max

It's all downhill from there I'm afraid :(
  • CosmicFuzz 6 Feb 2014 16:59:35 21,241 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nah season 4 is the peak surely!

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• Dougs 6 Feb 2014 18:36:41 64,902 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Indeed.
  • TechnoHippy 6 Feb 2014 21:29:13 14,637 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    American Horror Story: Coven

My least favourite of the show so far (Asylum was my favourite), but still an entertaining watch. It took a few episodes to get going and it lacked the horror aspect, although it did have its moments.

As before though Jessica Lang steals the show.

7/10

• Madder-Max 7 Feb 2014 00:32:43 11,566 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    @Madder-Max

It's all downhill from there I'm afraid :(
    Hmmm. The one thing that hs bothered me about series 2 is Angel saying "well he's doing us a favour actually". When faced witha pile of chopped up body parts of a victim killed outside of the code. It was like watching a sheet of ice slowly crack and start drifting off from the brilliance of season 1.

Without spoiling anything, is this a sign of things to come? Just so I can adjust my expectations.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Rodney 7 Feb 2014 05:18:34 1,682 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Madder-Max

series 3,4 and 5 are all worth watching because they have some great characters but by the fifth the wheels are definitely starting to come off. It all goes to shit after that.
  • Rodney 7 Feb 2014 06:28:51 1,682 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Trip

naturalistic style comedy where Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon play fictionalized versions of themselves touring restaurants in the North of England. Coogan plays someone trying to come to terms with middle age, a failed acting and movie career and his insecurity about being famous only for playing Alan Partridge.

Very funny but felt like they out of material by the fifth episode with lots of jokes (and impressions) being repeated.
  • Page

of 81 First / Last