Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 65

• Page

of 91 First / Last

• wobbly_Bob 25 Aug 2013 23:13:55 1,626 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    boo wrote:
    Psych rules!

It gets decidedly weird in the 'An Evening With Mr Yang' episode though...
    I think I am not far off getting to that one :-) About half way through season 3 now, I think. Might be my imagination but I remember seeing it in the episode listings.
  • bad09 26 Aug 2013 15:02:17 5,642 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Walking Dead

10/10

Missed this when it first aired but finally caught the first season on US Netflix and finished it last night, utterly brilliant TV I've been so hooked I stayed up most of the night eating into season 2 (which is just as good). I just can't fault it, good Zombies, characters, plots everything is just superb.

My only issue with the show is only a mental one and that is I'm finding it bloody hard to take good old Egg seriously as a yank deputy, I keep waiting for him to tell Shane how great Sparky was :) Don't get me wrong Lincoln is a great actor and plays Rick brilliantly....but..it's Egg!

Edited by bad09 at 15:10:44 26-08-2013
  • glaeken 2 Sep 2013 10:59:50 11,098 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Americans - 7/10 - Pretty enjoyable overall. It did suffer from clever plots that require people to do exactly what you need them to do to work but it was still a fun watch.
  • Chopsen 2 Sep 2013 11:17:35 15,724 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    The most recent season went a bit unrealistic and over-the-top, which was a shame. I still enjoyed it, but it pushed the concept a little far.

Now that the creator has returned, I think he'll pull it back a tad.

The paintball episodes are sheer genius!
    I did not know that. Accounts on the interwebs give the impression that he did not leave under good terms, so it's both great and a little suprising he's back. That and stories of cast members leaving made give up on it a bit tbh.

I'm still only up to season 3(?) I think.
  • TechnoHippy 5 Sep 2013 21:13:17 14,698 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Shield - Season 7

And so it comes to an end and it was great to watch them again. It's full of twists and turns and I think the end is both satisfying and downbeat and a lovely twist.

Probably one of my favourite cop shows.

9/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• joesploggs 5 Sep 2013 22:32:23 36 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Banshee Season 1

Incredibly graphic and violent (like a Tarantino flick) with some great characters and stories. Best new series I have seen in years. Hurry up season 2.
    9/10
  • Trowel 5 Sep 2013 22:51:23 17,440 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The White Queen - 4/10

What a waste of time and effort.
  • sirtacos 7 Sep 2013 00:52:01 7,268 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    joesploggs wrote:
    Banshee Season 1

Incredibly graphic and violent (like a Tarantino flick) with some great characters and stories. Best new series I have seen in years. Hurry up season 2.
    9/10
    Perhaps I should give it another chance... I watched 10 minutes of the pilot before turning it off and doing something else. Aside from seeming absolutely, over-the-top, balls-to-the-wall stupid, it also features a psychotic character with all the charm of a brick to the face.
    Out of curiosity, I looked up the fight scenes on youtube and was highly entertained by the hilarious levels of violence on display. (The brawl against the MMA champ was highly entertaining.)
    At least it has that going for it.

Speaking of psychotic characters...

House of Cards

Kevin Spacey plays a deeply corrupt and disturbingly psychopathic congressman whose ambitions stretch to the White House and beyond.
    The fourth-wall-breaking, carried over from the original BBC series, is an effective device that makes our favourite scumbag Congressman more sympathetic - or less despicable, depending on your leanings.
    Despite the good cast, it's all about Kevin Spacey and his delightfully amoral shenanigans.
    He could be playing the Devil himself - which, in a way, he is - and I'd like him all the more.

7/10
  • Deleted user 10 September 2013 01:05:56
    Friday Night Lights Season 5

Bugger. That its. No more. I really enjoyed my time spent with show. A decent, strong season to finish off on.

Just have to say, the collective group of characters are fantastic, and so well drawn. You really do route for them, or despise them, some going to and fro between the two.

I don't think there has been a show that has left me emotional drained on so many occassions. The damn thing is manipulative down to a tee. I admit it, i shed a tear, quite a lot in this show. but its done so well i don;t care.

For those yet to watch, it just a fantastic portrait of a town obsessed by (american) football, don't let that put you off, its a generally well judged show with a lot to say, with often surprising answers. Seasons are often underlined by certain themes ala the wire, which saves it from being the OC. Its one of those shows you just have to watch.

It also treads some predictable steps, but it didn't detract from the show, because the characters are so good. It does have a lot of faith in humanity, its one of those shows. So whether you fall on the side of cynicism of that or not probably effect your view on the show, if you are not drawn in it by it.

Going to miss the show. One of my favourites for sure.

Season: 9
    Show : 10

Edited by joelstinton at 01:13:22 10-09-2013
  • Tonka 10 Sep 2013 07:56:57 20,019 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is it like One Tree Hill?

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• wobbly_Bob 10 Sep 2013 08:09:43 1,626 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Red dwarf marathon. Feeling lazy Sunday so just chilled watching red dwarf on Netflix.

Season 1 - 7/0
    Season 2 - 9/10
    Season 3 - 9/10
  • beastmaster 10 Sep 2013 08:58:22 11,180 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    The Shield - Season 7

And so it comes to an end and it was great to watch them again. It's full of twists and turns and I think the end is both satisfying and downbeat and a lovely twist.

Probably one of my favourite cop shows.

9/10
    Me too. Probably my favourite show of all time. The build up to his confession where he just sits there in silence and is building up to it, is just outstanding.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Stranded87 10 Sep 2013 09:05:45 858 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Breaking Bad - Season 1

7/10

Fun show, but I don't quite get the hype. I plan to keep watching it but out of curiosity to those who like it a lot would you say you loved it after the first season or did it take longer to get under your skin?

Edited by Stranded87 at 09:06:02 10-09-2013
  • Deleted user 10 September 2013 09:40:31
    Tonka wrote:
    Is it like One Tree Hill?
    Its one of those shows, if you catch it in passing, you probably think it was, but actually watch it, and you realise it isn't :)
  • GuiltySpark 10 Sep 2013 09:46:41 6,322 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stranded87 wrote:
    Breaking Bad - Season 1

7/10

Fun show, but I don't quite get the hype. I plan to keep watching it but out of curiosity to those who like it a lot would you say you loved it after the first season or did it take longer to get under your skin?
    Keep watching, I can remember it being a bit of an unknown quantity in the first season, if it hasn't grabbed you by the end of the second then I'd say leave it, despite the fact that it does get increasingly better.

Get bent.

• vijay_UK 10 Sep 2013 12:08:10 2,079 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dexter - Season 7.

Although not quite up there with some of the earlier seasons, it's still a good watch. Feels right that it's coming to an end soon.

7.5/10
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Sep 2013 22:04:11 14,419 posts
    Seen 24 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Top Boyseries 2
    Excellent and tense ending. I enjoyed as much as the first series, maybe more. I wounder if we will get a third and even if we do it will be a couple of years away.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Bananazniper 10 Sep 2013 22:47:54 584 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Stranded87 wrote:
    Breaking Bad - Season 1

7/10

First season for me was like a voyeur type experience, but had enough in it to keep me wanting more. Second season was outstanding. Third season was outstanding. Fourth season blew my mind. Keep watching.
  • glaeken 12 Sep 2013 15:24:29 11,098 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Borgias series 3 - 7/10 - Good fun but felt very rushed towards the end of the series. I wonder if they found out it was getting cancelled and and did some rewrites to cover stuff they were not going to get too. There certainly seemed to be a hell of a lot happening in the last two episodes with some things feeling very rushed. Anyway it's still worth a watch and looks fantastic in HD.
  • oceanmotion 13 Sep 2013 16:11:22 15,662 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Orphan Black

Once you get past the accents it is really good. The lead actress does a terrific job. Very loosely Sci fi in current settings. BBC America. Moves at a decent pace and enjoyed the short season.

8/10

Firefly

Fuck, why did they cancel this. It just got better with each episode. The characters are excellent and so well written, first time I actually think Whedon deserves praise. River was annoying to begin with but fine later on. The teases to the bigger picture, god damn it. Great series.

10/10

Edited by oceanmotion at 16:13:41 13-09-2013
  • TechnoHippy 18 Sep 2013 10:55:51 14,698 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rome - Season 1

Fantastic TV from start to finish. It tells the story of Julius Ceaser from his conquest in Gaul to his rise as the dictator of Rome. More than that it involves the people around them whose story is just as interesting.

It has a strong blend of action and politics. For fans of Game of Thrones that haven't watched this then you really should, it is a similar premise, although more historical than fantasy. A great watch, I just wish there were more than two seasons.

10/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• glaeken 18 Sep 2013 11:29:37 11,098 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @TechnoHippy Yep such a shame they only made two series. There was just some much potential if they had continued it. They could have gone for a good 400 or so series.
  • Trane 19 Sep 2013 09:43:03 4,050 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    i_hadacheeseburger wrote:
    Homeland s2- 9/10

Exciting and tense and sets it up nicely for the next one. Much better than the first season.
    You are first person I've seen/spoke to that thinks S2 > S1.

I'd give S1 9/10 and S2 7/10. Too much silliness in S2 for my liking, still enjoyable though.
  • Tonka 19 Sep 2013 12:33:11 20,019 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Under the Dome
    A small town in america finds itself trapped under a massive invisible dome and shenanigans ensue. The acting is truly horrible at times. Some of the plots are cringeworthy, yet I kept on watching and enjoyed myself.

It's definitely not one of the great ones but there's something about small towns in chaos that I like (Jericho is a favorite). The biggest let down for me was that I went in expecting a single season and it turned out it's getting at least two. So a lot of things are left hanging waiting for S02.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• CosmicFuzz 19 Sep 2013 13:07:31 23,241 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @oceanmotion take it you're about to watch serenity next? It's the film that does give closure to Firefly. Great stuff!

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• Darren 19 Sep 2013 16:23:08 8,699 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Under the Dome Season 1 - 7/10

It's gets an extra mark for the gorgeous actor who plays Barbie... otherwise it's utterly disaposable with passable acting. The premise is intriguing and it's enjoyable enough to keep me watching each week. You can pretty much miss a few episodes and not lose track of the plot, much like...

Revolution Season 1 - 6/10

Ditto more or less what I said for Under the Dome but with less attractive actors! :p

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• BinaryBob101 19 Sep 2013 16:53:15 22,298 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No way is Under The Dome a 7/10, I know opinions and stuff, but come on it's trashy crap. Somehow it's been entertaining crap, but in reality:

4/10

I will be watching next year.

Beautiful tender beings.

• Gunzberg 19 Sep 2013 17:20:52 1,730 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Under the Dome Season 1

5/10

Watchable even though you know you are watching sub-par acting and script in action

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Page

of 91 First / Last