Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 62

• Page

of 81 First / Last

• Phattso Moderator 1 Aug 2013 08:41:33 12,722 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Broadchurch (Series the First)

OK, so it's shonky UK TV but after a year and a half overseas I needed to hear strange British accents and storylines involving pedophiles, scumbag paparazzi and suchlike. Ah how I miss thee, UK.

Quite enjoyed it. Maybe a bit much how each and every person had a tragic back story that was played for maximum emotional hand-wringing on the way to a predictable end, but still pretty good.

6/10

House of Cards (Season 1)

Too slow for its own good in places, but some really interesting and strange characters. It's only a shame they're placed into such typical circumstances that have been played out many times before in other shows and movies. Nice touch that the main protagonists are prone to making utter dicks of themselves from time to time.

Looking forward to another season.

7/10
  • Ashleyfiddes 1 Aug 2013 08:44:39 980 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Broadchurch (Series the First)

OK, so it's shonky UK TV but after a year and a half overseas I needed to hear strange British accents and storylines involving pedophiles, scumbag paparazzi and suchlike. Ah how I miss thee, UK.

Quite enjoyed it. Maybe a bit much how each and every person had a tragic back story that was played for maximum emotional hand-wringing on the way to a predictable end, but still pretty good.

6/10
    See, i liked broadchruch up until the end i'm fine, i'm fine, i'm fine oh i'm a peadophile - it just seemed forced
  • Phattso Moderator 1 Aug 2013 09:08:00 12,722 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I enjoyed it too, but it was too pat, too manipulative. Cop with a past. Health problems. Everyone's a suspect. And, as you say, the actual whodunit was a bit o_O.
  • Humperfunk 1 Aug 2013 10:41:49 1,604 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Homeland Season 1

Fucking hell this programme is incredible. Genuinely up there with the best I've seen.

Big 10/10

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• TechnoHippy 1 Aug 2013 20:14:53 14,636 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hannibal

I'll admit I wasn't greatly impressed with this to start with, it was interesting but nothing more. However after a couple episodes it started to grow on me. There was an interesting blend of shock and sinister.

It also developed some subtlety (or I missed it in the early episodes). The dynamic between the main characters worked well, I really liked Hannibal's manipulation of those around me.

In part it reminded me of Millennium, although iut lacked the supernatural component. Overall I enjoyed it, very dark, but not in a crass way.

8/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• TechnoHippy 2 Aug 2013 21:33:13 14,636 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Justified - Season 4

Like the previous seasons this was good fun to watch. It did however lack some of the quality of the earlier season, mostly because the new bad guys weren't as entertaining. Still, the main characters played their parts nicely and it ends with some interesting possibilities for the next season.

7/10

• TechnoHippy 3 Aug 2013 11:43:30 14,636 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Shield - Season 1

I really enjoyed watching through this again, it's one of my favourite cop shows. I like the variety of the characters in the show. Vic Macky presents an interesting contrast, he's a dirty cop, but he also has principals.

Although he's the main character if it was just him it would get old quickly, but thankfully that isn't the case.His team have a nice blend of personalities and the wider station mixes political intruigue with police work. And the police work is varied from a serial killer, to gangs, to every day 911 calls.

Overall an excellent show and even though I know what's coming up, I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the seasons.

9/10

• killersrquiet 3 Aug 2013 12:56:10 1,386 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Alcatraz

Very enjoyable series and a real shame it wasnt renewed for a second season, not least because no one knows what it was all about:)

A shame considering some of the rubbish that gets a second series. On the whole a good and under rated programme
  • glaeken 3 Aug 2013 15:22:55 10,976 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hannibal - 9/10 - Great stuff. It really builds well over the run. Nice and dark. I like that they don't spell out exactly what Hannibal is about. Certain things you work out or realize for yourself without it being explained for simpletons. The final scene was a great reversal of when you first meet Hannibal in Silence.

The returned - 9/10 - Nice spooky twisty atmospheric tale. I would have maybe liked a little more explanation in the final if I could fault it anywhere but I guess they are leaving that for S2. I really wanted to know how Victor was in front of the coach when it crashed given that was so long before any of the other dead appeared.
  • fletch7100 4 Aug 2013 19:35:59 6,158 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    While chapel (Netflix) 8.5/10

Cop show set in London. First season deals with Jack the Ripper copycat killer

Highly enjoyable show and characters, bonus points for the Det Sgt reminding me of a british Gary Busey

Onto 2nd season which is about the Krays
  • fletch7100 4 Aug 2013 19:38:14 6,158 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @TechnoHippy

Think the shield had one of the best pilot episodes on TV. Had no idea about the show and it sets up the show perfectly for me
  • TechnoHippy 4 Aug 2013 20:35:02 14,636 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @fletch7100

Agreed and speaking of which...

The Shield - Season 2

It continues smartly from the first season and proves that the first season wasn't a fluke. It remains solid with the same cast, with a couple of additions to add new interest. I like the fact that all of the different threads are interesting, whether it be Asevada's political ambitions, Julian's denial of his homosexuality, or Vic's constant ducking and diving.

Great stuff and I'm straight into the third series.

9/10

• DUFFMAN5 4 Aug 2013 21:25:31 13,798 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sopranos Season 3
    Yet again must see tv. Tony was a lot darker the last half of the season. Just how good are the "bad guys" Richie in 2 and now Ralphie in 3 and beyond I assume.
    10/10

Season 4 starts tomorrow after the kids are in bed. This box set is playing havoc with my Gaming nights ;)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• RichieTenenbaum 7 Aug 2013 00:50:04 2,155 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Wire - Season 4

So, I went through S2 and S3 in a few days, I just finished S4 and HAD to talk about it.

I think it's the best 13 hours of television ever. It's the bleakest, most heartbreaking, fantastic series of the wire, which is saying a lot.

Really gut punchingly amazing.
  • superdelphinus 7 Aug 2013 00:54:43 7,263 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Revolution 7/10

Plainly shit, but also quite entertaining
  • reddevil93 7 Aug 2013 02:09:55 11,247 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:
    The Wire - Season 4

So, I went through S2 and S3 in a few days, I just finished S4 and HAD to talk about it.

I think it's the best 13 hours of television ever. It's the bleakest, most heartbreaking, fantastic series of the wire, which is saying a lot.

Really gut punchingly amazing.
    I think the 2nd last episode of S4 is one of the grimmest episodes of anything I've watched.

Has Bubbles accidentally killing Sherrord and Ms. Anna getting burned in the fire. Tough viewing.

Also has the absolutely brilliant heist of the shipment by Omar too.

• RichieTenenbaum 7 Aug 2013 03:11:13 2,155 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    spoiler

God, imagine if they'd just left it as Bubs hanging himself.
  • captainrentboy 7 Aug 2013 12:22:42 838 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Southland Season 5- 9/10
    A fantastic show, but sadly one that never really found a large enough fan base in the US. So when this one finished I went on to IMDb to see how the next season is coming along, annnnd it's been fucking cancelled :(
    It just kept getting better and better too, and was easily one of the most gritty, exciting, occasionally hard to watch, shows I've seen. (It pisses all over stuff like Dexter from a great height)
    It didn't help that this season ended on something of a massive cliffhanger too. So now that's it's done I've just had to come up with my own conclusions to how it all ended.
    And yet tripe like HIMYM is on like it's 42nd season now. Bloody America.
  • SFD 7 Aug 2013 12:36:03 465 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Season 4 of The Wire is absolutely exceptional TV.
  • oceanmotion 7 Aug 2013 12:39:57 15,243 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Orange is the New Black 8/10

Thought this was a great new show. Some good humour and goes from fun to dark all the way through. Good characters and ever changing throughout. Looking forward to series 2.

Alias - Final Season 5/10

Kinda falls flat and jumps around with stories starting, ending and coming out of nowhere. Imagine the writers strike had something to do with that and what they did to a main character along with the lead being pregnant. Nice end to the big bad and others but a weak series. Enjoyed the show overall.
  • feeg86 7 Aug 2013 14:51:50 565 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Also just finished Breaking Bad S4. Utterly enthralling. Don't know how it gets better by each series. Managed to download the soundtrack for all 5 series, which is also brilliant.

Starting S5 tonight, will be so gutted when its over.
  • IJ 7 Aug 2013 15:51:35 741 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SFD wrote:
    Season 4 of The Wire is absolutely exceptional TV.
    Probably the best series of any TV show I've seen. Series 5 is still excellent but not quite up to 4. Seriously incredible.
  • oceanmotion 8 Aug 2013 15:26:10 15,243 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Killing (US) Series 3

So much better than the first two series. Glad I checked it out again. Felt like a fresh start with a bit of history here and there that matters. Wasn't disappointed. Can't wait for another series now.

8/10
  • Deleted user 8 August 2013 18:16:45
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Homeland Season 1

Fucking hell this programme is incredible. Genuinely up there with the best I've seen.

Big 10/10
    Don't watch the second season. Predictable shite.
  • Deleted user 10 August 2013 16:46:46
    Breaking Bad Season 4.

Funking Superb. Really enjoyed the entire season. The first half, was great, i can't put my finger on it, but it was so confident in the direction, it felt slightly different than previous seasons. Second half just developed into sublime tv.

Has some of the best characters ever. I call them GTA characters, they off the hinge, but in a good way. Wonder what gags GTA will have of this programme.

10/10

Edited by joelstinton at 16:48:14 10-08-2013
  • Deleted user 10 August 2013 16:52:27
    Just had a look at season 5 on amazon, didn't realise it was half a season. For soem reason i though they were in season 6. So is the second half on british tv at all? Not sure whether to catch up now and watch the rest on a weekly basis, or just wait for a complete season boxset.
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Aug 2013 16:53:29 13,798 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Sopranos Season 3
    Yet again must see tv. Tony was a lot darker the last half of the season. Just how good are the "bad guys" Richie in 2 and now Ralphie in 3 and beyond I assume.
    10/10

Season 4 starts tomorrow after the kids are in bed. This box set is playing havoc with my Gaming nights ;)
    Sopranos season 4
    Please see above :)

Season 5 starts tonight.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Bananazniper 10 Aug 2013 16:53:41 440 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @RichieTenenbaum
    For me season 4 of The Wire stands head and shoulders above any other season of TV yet produced.
  • Mola_Ram 10 Aug 2013 16:54:12 6,207 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The second half will be on in around a day or two.

Of Breaking Bad season 5, that is.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 16:54:52 10-08-2013
  • Page

of 81 First / Last