Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 61

• Page

of 95 First / Last

• THFourteen 26 Jul 2013 08:11:39 33,843 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    NCIS Season 10 - 6.5/10

Its getting a bit old now, and the characters aren't really interesting anymore. Each episode gets a bit more like i've seen it before

NCIS LA Season 4 - 8/10

Prefer this one now, enjoy the dynamics between the main characters, and cracking ending this time round. Also the storylines seem more interesting than the main series.
  • Dougs 26 Jul 2013 08:35:08 68,411 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Luther S2 - 8/10. Didn't quite enjoy it as much as the first, found the sub-plot a little tiring. Still excellent though and my man love for Idris Elba doesn't look like diminishing any time soon! Now onto S3 (1st episode watched, great stuff again)

Edited by Dougs at 10:56:11 26-07-2013
  • wobbly_Bob 26 Jul 2013 10:24:45 1,823 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob I reckon you'll like Psych. It'll be on US Netflix.
    Yep, I did, cheers!

Psych ( season 1)

Very funny! I laughed a lot. The main guy reminds me a bit of Ben Stiller with his physical movements and delivery.

9/10
  • vijay_UK 26 Jul 2013 10:47:57 2,267 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Nah Dexter Season 6 is pish. As is 7. I'm quite enjoying 8 so far though.
    Which season stood out for you? For me, the best so far was the season with Jimmy Smits. Terrific performance from him.
  • glaeken 26 Jul 2013 10:53:15 11,221 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Luther S3 - 7/10 - For me it started really well but I really did not like how it ended. The last episode in particular had some very weak writing. If I had to score just the last episode it would be maybe a 5/10. The first two episodes were probably an 8 or 9 though. It would be a real shame if this is the last series as it would be sad to see it go out on such a weak note.

Defiance - 5/10 - It had a few good moments and the last episode in particular was fairly good but it was just very average taken as a whole.

Edited by glaeken at 10:56:00 26-07-2013
  • altitude2k 27 Jul 2013 11:30:22 4,569 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Revolution S1 - 7/10

Would have been a solid 8/10 had the first half of the season been as good as the second. Enjoyed how raw the violence was, rather than being as blatantly censored as you get in some shows like this.
  • TechnoHippy 28 Jul 2013 16:03:01 14,719 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Unit - Season 4

It's the shame that this was the end, while the finale was suitably climatic it had more to tell I think. That being said this was probably the weakest of the four series, mainly because they mingled the home and mission life too much, which eroded its credibility a bit too much for me. Still it was a fun watch while it lasted.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• damagedinc 28 Jul 2013 16:24:55 886 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Breaking Bad season 4. Without doubt the most amazing piece of television ever created.

A* writing and the acting outstanding. Enjoyed the seasons prior this but four knocks it out the park.

"I am the danger"
  • vijay_UK 28 Jul 2013 17:27:38 2,267 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can anyone say in a few sentences why Breaking Bad is so good? I don't want to google and read what a critic thinks.

For me, the best have been Babylon 5, The Wire and Dexter and I'd maybe like to see if BB can be up there.
  • Kostabi 28 Jul 2013 17:39:53 4,976 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    Defiance - 5/10 - It had a few good moments and the last episode in particular was fairly good but it was just very average taken as a whole.
    Ditto.

It's a bit soapy in places as well. The show was defiantly at its best when Nolan was putting his boot to someone and not concentrating on teenage angst or the woman from Hustle.
  • Frogofdoom 28 Jul 2013 18:39:10 967 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @vijay_UK just watch it, it really is one of those series that only comes along every few years.
  • killersrquiet 28 Jul 2013 18:40:30 2,048 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Breaking bad is a must watch for anyone. Its a rare gem these days considering most programmes are shallow rubbish and continue years after they should have ended.

Breaking bad on the other hand has improved with every series. A true masterpiece
  • killersrquiet 28 Jul 2013 18:44:07 2,048 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Defiance.

Doesn't realise its potential. Plenty of good characters and an interesting premise yet most of the series has been a dull hippy fest with bugger all happening.

The last 3 episodes finally picked up the pace and were genuinely worth watching.

Gets a few brownie points for the last few episodes.

6 / 10
  • Blotto 29 Jul 2013 01:48:34 2,776 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    Breaking bad is a must watch for anyone. Its a rare gem these days considering most programmes are shallow rubbish and continue years after they should have ended.

Breaking bad on the other hand has improved with every series. A true masterpiece
    Don't think Breaking Bad is really a rare gem, TV is absolutely ram packed with quality nowadays, certainly the best it's ever been.
  • stryker1121 29 Jul 2013 03:02:02 714 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just caught up with the first season of Hannibal. Really quite excellent, and very dark and disturbing for network TV. It does get caught up a little in the procedural side of "monster of the week" killings, but that's just the framework for cat-and-mouse game being played by Hannibal against the mentally unsound protagonist. (FYI-the series takes place before the events of Red Dragon, SotL, etc)

Knowing what Hannibal will become makes things all the more interesting, and there's some great performances to enjoy.
  • vijay_UK 29 Jul 2013 07:34:16 2,267 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Goodfella

Thx for that all, will check it out asap.

Edited by vijay_UK at 07:35:02 29-07-2013
  • CosmicFuzz 29 Jul 2013 07:49:06 24,870 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    vijay_UK wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Nah Dexter Season 6 is pish. As is 7. I'm quite enjoying 8 so far though.
    Which season stood out for you? For me, the best so far was the season with Jimmy Smits. Terrific performance from him.
    Yeah I really enjoyed season 3 (Jimmy Smits) too, although folk seem to hate it. But season 4 with trinity is easily the best season, it's fantastic.

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• glaeken 29 Jul 2013 09:21:38 11,221 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Revolution S1 - 6/10 - As others have said it improves a lot in the second half once the quest to rescue the idiot boy is resolved. The last couple of episodes in particular were pretty good. They have certainly set things up for the next series to really change things up.

The missed opportunity in this though is it would have been so much better if they had set it a few weeks into the black out as society was still in the process of breaking down. You see some of that in flash backs but not enough.
  • TechnoHippy 29 Jul 2013 12:50:02 14,719 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Revolution

Following the theme so far, it did improve near the end. Still not great, but watchable.

6/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• captainrentboy 31 Jul 2013 16:59:50 1,023 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Arrow Season One - 85%
    Really enjoyed it, I was worried it would be another Smallville (A show I gave up on three seasons in due to its overall cheesiness) which is why I've left it so long to give it a go, but it's considerably grittier/more action packed than that.
    It also helps that I'm not remotely familiar with Green Arrow's origin story, so couldn't question the accuracy of the show.
    It's got a good amount of action/fight scenes, which are surprisingly well shot for a TV show and Oliver Queen makes an interesting 'hero', due to the fact he has no problem killing the bad guys.
    It can occasionally fall into the cliché 'love triangle' storyline, but it doesn't outstay its welcome. The overarching storyline throughout the 20 odd episodes was pretty compelling, helped by the frequent flashbacks to Queen's time spent stranded on an island for 5 years.
    Looking forward to the second season now.
  • Ashleyfiddes 31 Jul 2013 20:57:38 980 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hannibal 10/10 such a dark series, the actors who play will graham and Hannibal and even Lawrence fishbourne as jack Crawford play their roles so well.

The mark of a good series is one that makes you wish for more this does that more then most
  • RichieTenenbaum 31 Jul 2013 21:36:12 2,223 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Wire Season 1

Rewatching it for the third time. I think I could watch this on loop forever.

11/10
  • CharlieStCloud 31 Jul 2013 21:45:10 5,285 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @vijay_UK

I was one of those people who stopped watching anything after The Wire finished.

I mean, what the hell can you watch after that? It is still the best thing to happen to television in the last decade or so. I tried and tried to get into a couple of highly praised shows, especially Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire yet they left me cold.

... along comes Breaking Bad and four and a half-of-series-five later, I finally have something to watch that, at times, reaches the highs of what The Wire effortlessly achieved in almost every episode.

You are in for a real treat.

The character, Walt, is a small revelation.
  • Dougs 31 Jul 2013 22:22:14 68,411 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Returned S1. 8.5/10. Chuffing ace. Suspenseful, really well written, just lets you know enough at the right time. Awesome score by Mogwai too.
  • DUFFMAN5 31 Jul 2013 22:25:30 14,971 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sopranos season 2
    Totally and utterly must see tv. Maybe better than s1, if that were possible.
    10/10
    ...onto season 3, I love box sets :-)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Tonka 1 Aug 2013 08:13:10 20,793 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Breaking Bad S01
    Yeah, it took me this long to get on the bandwagon. I can see why everyone is raving about it but personally I find the non "criminal" bits boring. Yes, I'm sure that's intentional but I find my self on the verge of fast forwarding which is a bad thing.

Hoping the pace picks up for season two.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Ashleyfiddes 1 Aug 2013 08:16:29 980 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Castke season 1 - 10/10
    Castle Season 2 - 9/10
    Castle season 3 - 8/10
    Castle season 4 - 9/10

Bloody love this show, been watching one or two episodes a night almost every night for the last month or so.
  • Trafford 1 Aug 2013 08:26:44 5,879 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished up season 5 of The Wire the other night. Totally compelling throughout. I've spun the entire series out over 6 months, and it's been a very moving experience.
    10/10
    Think I'll start at the beginning again soon.
  • Page

of 95 First / Last