Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 60

• Page

of 100 First / Last

• Deleted user 18 July 2013 21:15:37
    @Jono62 Yeah, managed to get a deal on the boxset. After how good it's been I definitely got a bargain.
  • wobbly_Bob 19 Jul 2013 10:25:50 1,898 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finder

Really enjoyed this. It's about a guy that can find anything or anyone. It's really light hearted and fun. The chemistry between the characters are great. It reminds me of an old 80's show like Magnum in its tone/feel. Shame it got cancelled. Typically Fox messed the show around switching it's days and times.

8/10 - it's on U.S Netflix.
  • glaeken 19 Jul 2013 10:45:00 11,266 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Michael Clarke Duncan having died probably did not help the chances for renewal.
  • Jono62 19 Jul 2013 12:09:14 14,367 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob I reckon you'll like Psych. It'll be on US Netflix.
  • wobbly_Bob 19 Jul 2013 13:01:59 1,898 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    Michael Clarke Duncan having died probably did not help the chances for renewal.
    I believe it was already canceled, but you're right. He was brilliant in it; the show wouldn't be the same without him. RIP Mr Duncan.
  • wobbly_Bob 19 Jul 2013 13:02:21 1,898 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob I reckon you'll like Psych. It'll be on US Netflix.
    Cheers, I'll check it out :)
  • RyanDS 21 Jul 2013 20:37:41 9,860 posts
    Seen 12 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And my Star Trek marathon slowly moves on. I am losing impetus now, but soldiering on.

Voyager Series 3

Surprisingly I am actually enjoying Voyager, it's not up to the level of DS9 but it is a lot better than I remember. Some of the stories are actually rather good, but unfortunately there are no characters I love. DS9 I loved Bashir and O'Brien with their bromance, grumpy Odo, awesome Sisko etc. TNG had classy Picard, cheesy Riker, pinochio Data and so on. ToS had the holy trinity.

But 3 seasons in and I just don't care about anyone on Voyager.

Saying that there were some great stories here, and it really ended on a high note with Distant Origin being up there with the best of trek, abd the finale Scorpion rather good.

I had a guilty pleasure in False Profits which I know is shit, but I enjoyed it.

On the other hand it had Sacred Ground with religious Janeway which I found rather offensive.

All in all not bad. Good stories, just boring characters.

7/10

371 hours down...
  • TarickStonefire 21 Jul 2013 21:42:45 3,451 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Always Sunny In Philadelphia: 9/10. Loses a mark for not having Danny Devito in the first series, he brings balance to the force.

Or rather, more craziness to the crazy.

FLIP, FLIP, FLIPADELPHIA! etc.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 21 Jul 2013 21:45:22 3,451 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Portlandia Season 1: 5/10, very hit and miss, but there's something I love about them so I tried some of...

... Portlandia Season 2: 7/10, where they hit their flow much more often than not. Amusing stuff.

(it's a sketch show mocking hipster types)

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Deleted user 21 July 2013 23:13:09
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Always Sunny In Philadelphia: 9/10. Loses a mark for not having Danny Devito in the first series, he brings balance to the force.

I'M SHOUTING IN A FUNNY VOICE.

lololol
  • MrSensible 21 Jul 2013 23:27:22 25,384 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:

It's one of my favourite programmes... but I wasn't that into the first season. It's not even the lack of Danny, as such. I mean, when he comes into it DOES coincide with the show becoming genius, but it's not really his character specifically that does it.

Edited by thefilthandthefury at 23:27:37 21-07-2013
  • Gunzberg 21 Jul 2013 23:34:35 1,754 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    House of Cards Season 1 (US Version)

7/10

Not a patch on the British original.

Kevin Spacey keeps this thing alive with his superior acting.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Gunzberg 21 Jul 2013 23:35:19 1,754 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    On a side note I watched the first 2 episodes of Bored to Death which was mentioned here on the forum and it was fairly mediocre.

No incentive to watch any further

• killersrquiet 21 Jul 2013 23:40:49 2,194 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Banshee.

Very enjoyable series. Plenty of violent action.
  • Globalmeltdown 21 Jul 2013 23:42:19 136 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Falling Skies Season 2

Really enjoyed this a lot, can't wait for Season 3

9/10

Battlestar Galatica Final Season

Masterpiece

10/10
  • b0rk 21 Jul 2013 23:47:57 2,943 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    And my Star Trek marathon slowly moves on. I am losing impetus now, but soldiering on.

Voyager Series 3

Surprisingly I am actually enjoying Voyager, it's not up to the level of DS9 but it is a lot better than I remember. Some of the stories are actually rather good, but unfortunately there are no characters I love. DS9 I loved Bashir and O'Brien with their bromance, grumpy Odo, awesome Sisko etc. TNG had classy Picard, cheesy Riker, pinochio Data and so on. ToS had the holy trinity.

But 3 seasons in and I just don't care about anyone on Voyager.

Saying that there were some great stories here, and it really ended on a high note with Distant Origin being up there with the best of trek, abd the finale Scorpion rather good.

I had a guilty pleasure in False Profits which I know is shit, but I enjoyed it.

On the other hand it had Sacred Ground with religious Janeway which I found rather offensive.

All in all not bad. Good stories, just boring characters.

7/10

371 hours down...
    Tuvok and the Doctor are good characters. DS9 is much better than Voyager but the problem I always have with rewatching DS9 is that at some point I know Ezri is going to happen and I can't deal with her annoying cute as a button face. She even has a highly punchable voice.
  • b0rk 21 Jul 2013 23:57:33 2,943 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    American Gothic

American Gothic ranks in my top 5 favourite TV shows (along with Millennium, Twin Peaks, Firefly and West Wing), sadly like some great shows it only had a single series. For me one of the marks of a truly great show is that whenever I watch it I enjoy it a little bit more.

American Gothic is set in a traditional southern small town in the US, the town is run by the Sheriff, Lucas Buck, but he is more than he seems. The show starts with him murdering a young woman as part of his bid to gain custody of his illegitimate so Caleb. At first it appears that the sheriff is just a corrupt cop with his fingers in all the pies, but you soon learn that he is so much more than that, he's the devil himself (or something pretty close).

Despite being an evil character (or maybe because of it) Lucas is an excellent character to watch in action. He oozes good old southern boy charm and he knows how to manipulate a situation. His son is also an excellent character, impressively so considering his age.

The series follow's Lucas' efforts to get Caleb to accept him as his father, while the ghost of Caleb's sister (the girl Lucas killed at the beginning) tries to stop it. There's a host of other fun characters in there, Caleb's cousin, the reporter, Doctor Matt, a good variety of support that provide interest as well as their own stories.

This is horror TV at its best, it doesn't rely on shock or gore, but good old fashioned charm and creepiness.

10/10
    It's great to see another fan of this show. Gary Cole is utterly brilliant as Lucas 'that's Buck with a B' Buck. It's without a doubt one of my most favourite shows of all time. I was going to link to a clip of "half Ted" but I think the clip has vanished from YT. :(

"half is nowhere. half is...half"

:D

Edited by B0rked_Gamer at 23:57:49 21-07-2013
  • IJ 22 Jul 2013 13:14:31 850 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Killing Series 1, Danish version

Finished this last night. On the whole a really excellent series. Don't let the subtitles put you off, once I'd watched a few minutes I didn't even notice I was reading subtitles for the next twenty hours. It does suffer from that classic problem of hinting it's character X....but because it's 20 episodes long you know that they won't find the guy in episode 10. It does drag a little in the middle as well and is a bit hammy and old fashioned in the first 4-5 episodes but it picks up and the final 4 episodes are brilliant. The characters are all excellent and very well acted, the setting was great and the mix of politics/crime was well done. There were a LOT of plot holes once it had finished which even with dubious explanations didn't really hold together. But high highly recommended. The next series is only 10 episodes...which seems a better length for this to me.

9/10
  • Ashleyfiddes 22 Jul 2013 13:16:10 980 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    finally watched firefly 10/10

such a travesty that this was canned before it even began when nowadays you have revolution receiving second series and being utterly shite
  • Deleted user 23 July 2013 08:31:11
    The Wire S3 - 9/10

My favourite season so far. I'm not sure where they will take it in S4/5 now that Avon is in prison and Stringer Bell is dead.
  • imamazed 23 Jul 2013 09:16:20 5,964 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Community Season 3

Some excellent episodes but, for the first time, some truly average ones as well. The characterisation seems way off at times, and at other times fully realised. Still full of wit and invention though.

7/10

Just started season 4 though. Oh dear...
  • Kostabi 24 Jul 2013 22:00:27 5,097 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fringe - S3 - 9/10

mrpon wrote:
    Trust me, it hasn't even touched full batshit.
    You weren't kidding!
  • DUFFMAN5 25 Jul 2013 10:48:12 15,419 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Sopranos
    Season 1. Stunning tv apart from the last episode that I thought started great but then tailed off a tad.
    So glad I bought the full box set, me and the wifey are watching 2 eps a night (if the kids settle ;) )
    Already seen ep 1+2 of series 2.

I love Tony and (Paulie)Clarence, always had a soft (!) spot for Lorraine Bracco as well. Can't take junior too seriously, his glasses don't even fit!

The best thing about watching these for the first time is I know nothing of the lore. The NJ drawl is sometime a bit hard to understand at times

Cunnilingus...who knew ;)
    ...no jokes about Airlines please...

99.99999%

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• IJ 25 Jul 2013 11:14:44 850 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ashleyfiddes wrote:
    finally watched firefly 10/10

such a travesty that this was canned before it even began when nowadays you have revolution receiving second series and being utterly shite
    Does it get better? I watched the feature-length first episode yesterday and I thought it was pretty average, not bad but the script was a bit embarrassing at times and the acting was meh. I enjoyed Farscape all those years ago so the B-movie effects aren't putting me off, it just didn't strike me as anything special at this stage.
  • Gunzberg 25 Jul 2013 12:12:09 1,754 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Thick of It, Season 1 and 2 10/10

This is brilliant.

I absolutely love this.

• DUFFMAN5 25 Jul 2013 12:15:35 15,419 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    The Thick of It, Season 1 and 2 10/10

This is brilliant.

I absolutely love this.
    Indeed, Glen is awesome, great name as well ;)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Ashleyfiddes 25 Jul 2013 12:52:55 980 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @IJ much much better, once you get a feel for the characters it opens up into such a strong series. It just makes you feel for the characters and you care about their journey.

Even my missus (who pretty much hates all things sci fi) loves the show.

This and Castle really has shown Nathan Fillion in a new light. After two guys & a girl i thought he was a bit sappy as an actor but he has really closed in as one of my favorite actors (though one of his strong points is his ability to do cheesy)
  • Zomeguy 25 Jul 2013 14:58:31 88 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @TechnoHippy I have been trying to finish S1, because I loved X-Files in the 90s, but it is so dark and depressing and I am such a softy...
  • vijay_UK 26 Jul 2013 08:03:52 2,376 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dexter, Season 6.

This show still delivers, and a quite stunning final scene to boot. I don't want Dexter to end, but all good things..

10/10
  • CosmicFuzz 26 Jul 2013 08:08:52 25,656 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nah Dexter Season 6 is pish. As is 7. I'm quite enjoying 8 so far though.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• Page

of 100 First / Last