Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 57

  • Page

    of 95 First / Last

  • Kostabi 27 May 2013 18:41:12 4,976 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fringe - Season 1

    I couldn't get into this first time around but it kept popping up on Netflix so I thought I'd give it another shot and it payed off.

    Even the weaker episodes are watchable thanks to Walter and his ramblings, my only real misgiving is that the overall arc or mystery (especially in the second half of the season) seems to be a bit shonky and out of place.

    7.5/10

    Now for season 2.
  • ISmoke 29 May 2013 18:25:29 595 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished season 4 of The Wire

    I first thought it was an overrated show but as each season goes by i realise how stupid I must've sounded - This show is nothing short of genius. I feel that once it is finish I feel like it would've ruined TV for me.

    Marlo is just getting more and more ruthless and I really liked the different side of the story with the kids in school.

    Is there any program that can top this series? I dare say i'm liking it more than 24, TWD, Breaking Bad and Dexter !?! Am I going mad?
  • TechnoHippy 29 May 2013 19:30:18 14,719 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think there's a few that are better - but not many :-) Have you watched West Wing?

    My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

  • SFD 29 May 2013 19:41:24 503 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ISmoke wrote:
    Just finished season 4 of The Wire

    I first thought it was an overrated show but as each season goes by i realise how stupid I must've sounded - This show is nothing short of genius. I feel that once it is finish I feel like it would've ruined TV for me.

    Marlo is just getting more and more ruthless and I really liked the different side of the story with the kids in school.

    Is there any program that can top this series? I dare say i'm liking it more than 24, TWD, Breaking Bad and Dexter !?! Am I going mad?
    Nothing comes close, imo.

    It's worth watching miniseries 'The Corner' if you enjoy The Wire. You'll see a lot of familiar faces.

    Edited by SFD at 19:41:49 29-05-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 29 May 2013 19:58:01 14,963 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Early Doors
    Series 1 and 2. I have watched and rewatched these series over and over again.
    PERFECT
    10/10

    Hunderby next, when Amazon drop the price again.All last week 9, I didn't buy...this week 20!!

    Shameless
    What happend. I have been a lover since series one and stuck through the weaker latter series, in the hope it comes good agin. On Tuesday it ended forever, the episode was shite. It deserved so much more.

    Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 20:01:08 29-05-2013

    "Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • beastmaster 29 May 2013 20:11:18 11,593 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fringe Season 4 - 8.5/10

    Great and the episode which offered a glimpse into what's going to happen in season 5 was brilliant.

    Edited by beastmaster at 20:11:32 29-05-2013

    The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

  • Deleted user 30 May 2013 08:23:23
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Shameless
    What happend. I have been a lover since series one and stuck through the weaker latter series, in the hope it comes good agin. On Tuesday it ended forever, the episode was shite. It deserved so much more.
    All the best and original characters left, they dragged it on far too long and it lost it's charm.

    They went ott with the characters in the later seasons too, it was a bag of shite.
  • Trane 30 May 2013 08:50:56 4,056 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Vikings Season 1 - 8/10

    Plenty of promise, only some of it realised I felt. Looking forward to season 2 though.
  • Tricky 30 May 2013 09:56:35 4,438 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Shameless
    What happend. I have been a lover since series one and stuck through the weaker latter series, in the hope it comes good agin. On Tuesday it ended forever, the episode was shite. It deserved so much more.
    All the best and original characters left, they dragged it on far too long and it lost it's charm.

    They went ott with the characters in the later seasons too, it was a bag of shite.
    Once Paddy left it was all downhill from there and, to be honest, his last season wasn't all that great either.
  • Ziz0u 30 May 2013 09:58:59 8,490 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Arrested Development - Season 4 - 9/10

    Better than season 3 imo. The new format is a bit hit & miss, but in the end it works beautifully.
  • wobbly_Bob 30 May 2013 10:17:56 1,823 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kostabi wrote:
    Fringe - Season 1

    I couldn't get into this first time around but it kept popping up on Netflix so I thought I'd give it another shot and it payed off.

    Even the weaker episodes are watchable thanks to Walter and his ramblings, my only real misgiving is that the overall arc or mystery (especially in the second half of the season) seems to be a bit shonky and out of place.

    7.5/10

    Now for season 2.
    I think it gets better with each season, so stick with it. Season1 was odd. It's like they had no clue how to handle a story arc. They would gave something happen and ten next week. Nothing. Season 2 is much better in having a strong story arc. Season 3 even more so and flows really well; season 3 os excellent and things really start to get going.
  • kinky_mong 30 May 2013 10:19:20 10,432 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Arrested Development - Season 4 - 9/10

    Better than season 3 imo. The new format is a bit hit & miss, but in the end it works beautifully.
    I'd agree with that. The new format does take a while to sink in but once you get a few episodes in and start seeing all the different story threads crossing over you can appreciate how well written it is, and it fits the AD style of repeated call-backs perfectly.

    It's great to have The Bluths back.

    Edited by kinky_mong at 10:21:37 30-05-2013

    All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

  • Deleted user 30 May 2013 11:35:55
    Fringe season 5 -

    A great end to the series. Really enjoyed it. I had a bit of confusion at the start as i totally forgot about a particular episode in S4 where this season springs off from. Really focused, a lot of fun, and for fans of the series loads of nods to past episodes.

    Pulls a lot of punches, and is tightly written, and well judged. I really enjoyed the way the show turned itself on its head. There as always been a hint of you can't play god through the whole show, but in series 5 that is finally realised why in a visual form. It serves as a critical assesment for walter in particular. With science you don't how far you have gone until its too late.

    9/10

    ----------

    Fringe (as a whole)

    With sci fi you are always treading fine lines with wormholes, alternative universes, even time travel. A Lot of the time Fringe almost collaspes under universe hopping maddness. But it saved - because its Fringe. Its just a lot of fun. The core of characters are simply family. They are really well written, from the core team to the characters that litter the show if it is for seasons or just 1 episodes.

    Fringe is a meaty series. It gives so much. Its very generous. At times there seem to be gaping holes in the plot or logic of the show, some that get resolved, some that don't that may make some people lose their shit. But i can see past that, at times the show is near genius. And its those characters.

    The only real issue is S4, i just totally almost forgot what happened as i started s5. I guess that series is the weakest out of the lot.

    Really enjoyed my time with the show. Will certainly miss it.

    8.5/10

    Edited by joelstinton at 11:42:49 30-05-2013
  • TarickStonefire 30 May 2013 11:36:57 3,240 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bates Motel, much better than I expected, not as good as most of you may expect (it's in modern day, for one thing). 7.5/10 on average.

    Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

  • HarryPalmer 30 May 2013 11:39:48 3,409 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Breaking Bad - Season 4 - 7/10

    Breaking Bad seems to be going downhill with every season in my opinion. It seems to lack a point. The resolution of this just sort of puts things back to square one.

    That said, it's still funny, tense, compelling and Saul is still the best thing in it. The plot reminds me of GTA.

    Edited by HarryPalmer at 11:46:17 30-05-2013
  • Trane 30 May 2013 11:46:25 4,056 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    Breaking Bad - Season 4 - 7/10

    Breaking Bad seems to be going downhill with every season in my opinion. It seems to lack a point. The resolution of this just sort of puts things back to square one.

    That said, it's still funny, tense, compelling and Saul is still the best thing in it. The plot reminds me of GTA.
    I was just completely in awe of the season 4 finale and it left me feeling like it was the best thing I had ever seen on television. After a bit of reminiscing, the amazement wore off and my thoughts became a bit more grounded. It was still an easy 9/10 for me though.
  • Ziz0u 30 May 2013 11:48:12 8,490 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looks like we need an "unpopular opinion - TV series" thread.
  • HarryPalmer 30 May 2013 11:55:15 3,409 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    Breaking Bad - Season 4 - 7/10

    Breaking Bad seems to be going downhill with every season in my opinion. It seems to lack a point. The resolution of this just sort of puts things back to square one.

    That said, it's still funny, tense, compelling and Saul is still the best thing in it. The plot reminds me of GTA.
    I was just completely in awe of the season 4 finale and it left me feeling like it was the best thing I had ever seen on television. After a bit of reminiscing, the amazement wore off and my thoughts became a bit more grounded. It was still an easy 9/10 for me though.
    It felt a bit 'made up on the spot' to me, the decisions didn't make a lot of sense, and it was all a bit of a stretch. It was better than the season 2 finale, which was a piss take.

    Deadwood is still the best thing I've seen on TV (haven't seen The Wire or The Sopranos).
  • Trane 30 May 2013 12:19:16 4,056 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I loved Deadwood too, I'm a big fan of Timmy Elephant (check out Justified if you haven't already).

    The Wire & Sopranos are both must sees too IMO.
  • gooner77 30 May 2013 15:11:49 802 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Tudors

    Season 1 7/10
    Season 2 8/10

    Quite enjoying this on Netflix while on paternity leave. I have a vague recollection of the subject matter from school but this is like the worlds best history lesson only with attractive naked ladies. It has gone a bit downhill since Anne Boleyn died ( aka Margaery Tyrell). The change of actress for Jane Seymour in S3 confused me for a bit !!
  • sirtacos 30 May 2013 15:41:18 7,316 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Breaking Bad season 4

    Unlike Hairy Palms up there, I think it gets better with every season. I think Mike is tremendous. Saul too.
    Season 5 > 1 > 4 > 3 > 2, IMO.
  • gooner77 30 May 2013 16:01:28 802 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sirtacos wrote:
    Breaking Bad season 4

    Unlike Hairy Palms up there, I think it gets better with every season. I think Mike is tremendous. Saul too.
    Season 5 > 1 > 4 > 3 > 2, IMO.
    For all you Breaking Bad fans on here, Empireonline has a Bb Podcast with Bryan Cranston and their magazine has a BB special feature
  • Bananazniper 30 May 2013 16:25:48 657 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Deadwood is still the best thing I've seen on TV (haven't seen The Wire or The Sopranos).
    I loved Deadwood too. But what did you think about the third season? I thought the show lost its way a bit in that season and didn't really know where it was going.

    If you haven't watched The Wire or The Sopranos they should be next on your list. Both are fantastic and Season 4 of The Wire is the best television I've ever watched.
  • MightyMouse 3 Jun 2013 18:48:08 1,133 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Orphan Black - Season 1 - 9/10

    The amazingly good performance of the main actress is the obvious point to mention, but the other cast, the writing and the direction are all very, very good.
  • Trafford 4 Jun 2013 11:42:26 5,875 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Wire, Season 3
    10/10 and the best one yet I'm thinking
  • Trane 4 Jun 2013 12:25:02 4,056 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    3 was my personal favourite, for sure.
  • Nexus_6 4 Jun 2013 13:17:22 3,888 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sopranos Series 1-3

    Box set for Christmas and finally getting through it at a decent rate. Love it, especially as I missed it first time round. There is the odd episode I remember watching late night but now I have the context of the episodes it is just amazing.

    Raring to go on S4, but also a bit wary that once its gone, its gone and I will never be in the position to be watching it for the first time again.

    10/10 - He was an interior decorator? His house looked like shit...
  • Trane 4 Jun 2013 13:53:39 4,056 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pine barrens :) Brilliant.
  • Nexus_6 4 Jun 2013 14:38:30 3,888 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ha Ha! Everyone remembers the Pine Barrens!
  • Page

    of 95 First / Last

Log in or register to reply