Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 56

• Page

of 100 First / Last

• TarickStonefire 13 May 2013 15:05:28 3,468 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Series 2. Not a musical one per-say. It's the one where he smokes some dope (Brown Betty?). He then tells a Raymond Chandler type story to the young girl about a missing heart.

Watching series 3 now. It's really good.
    Oh I remember a play-acting one... Yeah we loved that show. Started so ropily, could easily have been a 'silly baddie of the week' show, but once they really got into the story proper it became our favourite show, easily. Love us a good universe-hopping sci-fi show! :D

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 13 May 2013 15:15:40 3,468 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Goodfella Then again I like Friends, Big Bang (well... mostly), Parks & Rec... all those shows have their ardent haters or at least "I don't geddit"s, everyone's different...

And yet so many people I relate to and identify with love Community too, the outpourings of hilarity online after each episode during the last season was just a total mystery to me. And some of the descriptions make it sound really very good, lots of cultural reference and pokes, good ensemble work by the cast...

Oh well.

• Dougs 13 May 2013 15:17:23 69,559 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I love it, it's ace. The characters are brilliant, and nothing is wasted imo.
  • imamazed 13 May 2013 15:19:39 5,967 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tbf, I think Community is a slow burner. I didn't love it at first; I only persevered as it was on Virgin one rainy weekend. I don't actually laugh that often, but it's the creativity I love. That, and the consistentcy and continuity which you can only appreciate if you do stick with it.
  • TarickStonefire 13 May 2013 15:20:55 3,468 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Scandal Season 1: 7/10

I recently watched all seven eps of the first series of Scandal and got surprisingly hooked, even though the formulaic tendencies of the main performance and the weekly plots were pretty obvious by episode 3. Stuck with it and it got it's hooks in me.

Ex-White-House scandal-fixer Olivia Pope goes freelance with her own motley crue of questionable assistants (all of whom she's 'rescued' from themselves over the years), taking on weekly cases of political scandal, while there's a larger issue about who the President's got pregnant that takes up the series arc (hint: it's not his wife).

Oh yeah and her and the Pres are ex-lovers too.

It's ridiculous, and ridiculously slick, and you *will* get tired of the very-fast-way-she-speaks-in-her-closeup-scenes-where-she-tells-her-client-just-how-fucked-they-are-unless-they-take-her-advice-oh-you're-not-listening-now?-well-you-go-outside-and-face-the-press-and-then-you'll-be-back-OKAY? but it's still pretty good fun :)

Edited by TarickStonefire at 15:27:54 13-05-2013

• TarickStonefire 13 May 2013 15:47:41 3,468 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    Tbf, I think Community is a slow burner. I didn't love it at first; I only persevered as it was on Virgin one rainy weekend. I don't actually laugh that often, but it's the creativity I love. That, and the consistentcy and continuity which you can only appreciate if you do stick with it.
    Yeah I've come to realise it's much more about the continuity of the characters, I just didn't like many of them. Same is true of Parks & Rec though, you have to push through the first season, although personally I found the first season quite good after the first couple of eps getting to know everyone.

• TheSaint 13 May 2013 15:52:53 14,836 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think you should give the whole first season a go before dismissing Community. Around half way through they made some major changes to the characters and the whole show stepped up a gear.

Worst case you don't like it and you've got to enjoy twenty odd episodes of Alison Brie.
  • imamazed 13 May 2013 15:54:16 5,967 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:

Worst case you don't like it and you've got to enjoy twenty odd episodes of Alison Brie.
    1,000,000 X this.
  • TarickStonefire 14 May 2013 11:58:28 3,468 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Am I supposed to find her attractive enough to put up with the lack of laughs? Didnt. :(

• Tonka 14 May 2013 12:04:21 21,369 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm not over the top about Community either. For me it's very simple why. I just don't like the "Live The Simpsons" shpeil. I find it hard to engage with characters that are completely fake.

That said. The set piece episodes can be cool and I wish I could just leave the whole feeling of being lied to behind and just enjoy the ride.

Abed is the perfect personification of the show, all references and no emotion.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Blotto 14 May 2013 12:05:08 2,777 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Am I supposed to find her attractive enough to put up with the lack of laughs? Didnt. :(
    I could put up with you saying you didn't like Community, but this is just sick.
  • beastmaster 16 May 2013 08:25:14 12,038 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fringe Season 3 - 8.5/10

Whoa! The main story arc really kicks in with this season. The final episode was fantastic and I'm ready for series 4 now.

I love the little things in it too. The colour of the title sequence depending on what universe it's in and then there's the retro and future episodes.

Walter Bishop is becoming one of my favorite TV characters of all time. Just utterly bonkers and brilliant. Likes his puddings too :-)

This time they threw in an episode which went all cartoon like. I suppose they can only really do these kind of things in genre TV series.

Initially I though it would just be some kind of cheap X-Files knock off. How wrong I was. I've never really watched the X-Files but they are all on Netflix. There's a rumor going around that Fox are working on the BR for the series but are going to make it rather special. May be a bit tough though as HD didn't exist before the series finished (which isn't as problem though) and they were all filmed in 4:3.

Even before I consider that on Netflix though, I've got season 4 of Fringe and season 2 and 3 of Justified to get through.

Edited by beastmaster at 08:26:20 16-05-2013

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• BeautyNaughty 16 May 2013 10:05:55 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @richarddavies Please feel free to ask any questions here.

----------------------------------------
    cheap animal costumes
    fancy dress cat costume

Edited by BeautyNaughty at 03:59:57 17-05-2013

Edited by BeautyNaughty at 04:09:34 17-05-2013
  • Trane 16 May 2013 10:51:10 4,059 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    House of Cards (US) - 8/10

Enjoyed it, looking forward to the next season.
  • Deleted user 16 May 2013 11:13:29
    @beastmaster i got season 5 ready to drop through my post box today, can't wait!

I love the three main characters, hell astrid too!. its alot of fun, and nice to kick back too, and watch 3-4 episodes at a time.
  • nickthegun 16 May 2013 11:19:06 61,364 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    person of interest - season 2: This show gives me a boner 9/10

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• StixxUK 16 May 2013 14:11:58 7,293 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What's the best order in which to watch Battle star Galactica? I've heard it's good but not sure where to start as there's a mini series and some odd specials by the looks of it.
  • nickthegun 16 May 2013 14:16:00 61,364 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Reverse order. Start with the last episode and work your way back to the bombing of caprica.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• glaeken 16 May 2013 14:25:37 11,266 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    An alternative way would be to start with the original mini series and then watch the series in order. Forget any of the specials as none of them are that great in my view. You have to watch the original mini series though as series one follows on directly from it and I think you would be a bit lost if you had not seen it.
  • Dougs 16 May 2013 14:34:20 69,559 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I've watched The League Of Gentleman series 1-3 again recently on netflix. Still amazing.
    Have you heard the radio show? It's fantastic, and some of the characters make a bit more sense. Just a bit mind you
  • TechnoHippy 16 May 2013 19:45:55 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dexter - Season 7

It started better than it finished, I enjoyed the conflict with the gangster, but that fell flat. I still enjoyed watching him in action, but he certainly knows how to pick 'em. And the ending was a bit silly.

6/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• sirtacos 18 May 2013 22:44:53 7,378 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Community season 4

I mainly like Community because I saw most of the first & second seasons whilst high as tits. As a result, I thought it was brilliant, inventive and funny, with incredible writing and a superb cast.

When season 3 rolled around, I started having doubts.

I was sober for season 4, and didn't laugh once. This seemed strange, so I went back to season 1. Suddenly, my favourite characters were obnoxious, the clever writing fell flat, etc.
    It was obvious to me that, while there is a noticeable drop in quality after season 2, Community was never that good in the first place.

The series I loved never existed. :(

My favourite aspect of the show during this season has been Chevy Chase. I suppose it's a case of rooting for the underdog (supposedly everyone hates him in real life too, so the delineation between reality and fiction is blurred, as far as his character is concerned). There's more to it than that, however - one episode in particular makes him seem like a decent guy (the one in which he tells Jeff to go easy on Britta). I've always found him oddly likeable - more than other viewers give him credit for, and moreso now that I dislike everyone else.

Anyway, I found S4 to be watchable (except for Felt Surrogacy, which was horrible) and not without a certain charm. I also found it interesting to see how they worked around Chevy Chase's departure. Overall,

5/10

Edited by sirtacos at 22:55:59 18-05-2013
  • gooner77 19 May 2013 09:56:38 902 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sons of Anarchy Season 4. 8/10

This keeps getting better and better . Unfortunately I've exhausted the Netflix supply of SOA so will need to seek alternative means for S5.
  • Mola_Ram 19 May 2013 10:00:19 8,355 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sons of Anarchy S5 is one of its best, imo.
  • TarickStonefire 19 May 2013 12:31:49 3,468 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    StixxUK wrote:
    What's the best order in which to watch Battle star Galactica? I've heard it's good but not sure where to start as there's a mini series and some odd specials by the looks of it.
    Mini-series comes first, it's really the pilot episodes if you like. Sets up the story. Then watch the series in order like normal people do ;)

Never watched any of the specials. Doubt they make any difference to the story. The one about Razor (I think) just fills in interesting flavour about some characters that cross the BSG storyline.

No advantage to watching them in a funny order as far as I can tell. Just devour the lot :)

• YenooR 19 May 2013 14:04:48 533 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Walking Dead season 3.
    Just love this show nothing more to say.
    9/10
  • TechnoHippy 21 May 2013 11:58:05 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Millennium - Season 1

No matter how many times I watch this it remains some of the best TV ever made. It ends on a hell of a cliff hanger as well.

10/10

• TechnoHippy 27 May 2013 18:29:33 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Millennium - Season 2

More great TV, this series isn't quite as dark as the first as it offers some glimpses of hope along the way. It then kicks you in the balls and makes you weep like a little girl with the last episode.

10/10

• Page

of 100 First / Last