of 91 First / Last

• Deleted user 8 April 2013 00:21:23
    Game Of Thrones s2 - 10/10

Perfect tv.
  • beastmaster 9 Apr 2013 20:41:14 11,190 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Justified - 10/10

Loved this. Caught season 1 on Netflix. Terrific episodes, great cast and acting and very funny in places. Walton Goggins is always superb.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• elephantjuice 9 Apr 2013 21:03:35 625 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can anyone recommend something decent to watch? Personal recent highlights include:
    Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    Game of Thrones
    The Walking Dead
    Always Sunny

Not been so keen on:
    Prison Break
    Mad Men

Sci-fi is a no go but anything else goes. I've had Suits recommended to me and I quite like the sound of Spartacus but not sure the gf would be too keen.
  • richardiox 9 Apr 2013 21:13:05 5,547 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Trailer park boys if you liked Always Sunny and want a new comedy series to get stuck into.

Also, Arrested Development and Eastbound and Down. Assuming that you've already seen every episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, if not get that on the list too.
  • oceanmotion 9 Apr 2013 21:14:48 15,662 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Justified Season 3 - 9\10

Hasn't got old yet. Chat is just great. Next up Season 4.

Elephantjuice, Justified. Was recommended on here and hasn't disappointed. Funny and serious with some great characters.

Edited by oceanmotion at 21:16:43 09-04-2013
  • beastmaster 9 Apr 2013 21:18:47 11,190 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    elephantjuice wrote:
    Can anyone recommend something decent to watch? Personal recent highlights include:
    Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    Game of Thrones
    The Walking Dead
    Always Sunny

Not been so keen on:
    Prison Break
    Mad Men

Sci-fi is a no go but anything else goes. I've had Suits recommended to me and I quite like the sound of Spartacus but not sure the gf would be too keen.
    The Shield.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• elephantjuice 9 Apr 2013 21:20:11 625 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've watched Arrested Development (which is decent although i thought it trailed off toward the end) and some Trailer Park Boys but not the others. Not even heard of Curb Your Enthusiasm, I'll check it out.
  • boo 9 Apr 2013 23:10:24 11,706 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    On the sad demise of Gerry Anderson, I treated myself to the boxed sets of Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Captain Scarlet & Stingray.

Just finished watching Joe 90. Having gone though it, I'm fairly sure I'd only seen about a dozen of the episodes, so most of it was new.

A few duffers, and yes, I probably had rose tinted glasses on, but I really enjoyed it.

FAB/10*

*Yes, I know FAB was a Thunderbirds thing, but Joe 90 didn't have an equivalent.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Dougs 10 Apr 2013 07:38:04 66,713 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sons of Anarchy, Rescue Me.
  • localnotail 10 Apr 2013 08:52:25 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I did really like Hell on Wheels but it seems to have passed many by. Post civil war era, about the people working on one of the two attempts racing to build a coast-to-coast railway line.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Trowel 10 Apr 2013 09:01:54 17,447 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    elephantjuice wrote:
    Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    Game of Thrones
    The Walking Dead
    Always Sunny

Not been so keen on:
    Prison Break
    Mad Men

From what you've enjoyed, if you've not seen it try Six Feet Under. If you have seen it, watch it again.
  • Dougs 10 Apr 2013 09:39:00 66,713 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    I did really like Hell on Wheels but it seems to have passed many by. Post civil war era, about the people working on one of the two attempts racing to build a coast-to-coast railway line.
    Keeps cropping up on Netflix, will def check it out at some point
  • graysonavich 10 Apr 2013 09:40:10 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Does anyone watch British telly anymore? :)
  • Dougs 10 Apr 2013 10:50:35 66,713 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not really! Downton Abbey aside! Though I did enjoy Luther and apparently Broadchurch is quite good. We rarely have good production values or scripts etc though.
  • elephantjuice 10 Apr 2013 10:52:54 625 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Trowel

No, I've not seen that. I'll take a look, thanks.
  • Dougs 10 Apr 2013 10:58:55 66,713 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SFU is awesome telly. Loved it from start to finish.
  • shooter 11 Apr 2013 01:27:59 394 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Firefly - 8.5/10

As a big buffy/angel fan this has been on the list for awhile. Thought it was great and so much potential for more. Stick me right in the bring back Firefly camp.

Nathan Fillon is awesome as the captain and steals the show but Jayne must have been my favourite character. River was a fuckn head wrecker though

Cant wait to watch the film now

Edited by shooter at 01:28:25 11-04-2013
  • SFD 11 Apr 2013 04:29:40 481 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    elephantjuice wrote:
    Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    Game of Thrones
    The Walking Dead
    Always Sunny

Not been so keen on:
    Prison Break
    Mad Men

The Wire.
  • Scurrminator 11 Apr 2013 08:22:32 8,386 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    elephantjuice wrote:
    Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    Game of Thrones
    The Walking Dead
    Always Sunny

Not been so keen on:
    Prison Break
    Mad Men

Justified...

JUSTIFIED!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• captbirdseye 11 Apr 2013 08:41:36 4,786 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know you said no sci-fi but everyone should sample Battlestar Galactica even if they hate sci-fi. It's Simply the greatest TV show ever made, and quite a few sci-fi hating friends loved it.
  • RyanDS 13 Apr 2013 21:24:07 9,062 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Star Trek: Deep Space 9

My Star Trek super marathon continues, with TOS, TNG and now DS9 under my belt. Just had a 6 episode marathon to finish it off.

DS9 was always my favourite, though I haven't seen it for around 10 years. Suffice to say I fucking loved it. It started good, and just ramped up to get better every season, until the final 9 episode arc was one of my favourite bits of TV ever. The characters are awesome, I love the Miles / O'Brien friendship, the way it grows through the series it just so realistic an great. Sisko is awesome throughout and even the comic relief in the form of the Ferengi is only marginally annoying as opposed to shit. In fact, unlike TNG I actually enjoyed the comic relief bits.

I am hesitant to rate this my favourite TV series ever, as it sits with Babylon 5 as just amazing storylines, with great arcs and characters, but some days I feel it is. However Babylon 5 is just tighter, but then DS9 has the productions and the longer run and just feels more polished, I really can't decide.

As regards star Trek I usually enjoy is as a guilty pleasure, and am aware of it's flaws and silliness. I love TNG and TOS kitsch and all. DS9 is different in that it is not good Star Trek, it is genuienly good TV.

Anyway, to rate the series:

DS9 Series 7: 10/10

The series as a whole, 9/10. Which is pretty much as good as any series ever gets.

Next up is Voyager, which I hated when it first showed, but fuck it, I've watched 57 hours of TOS, 128 of Next Gen, and now 126 of DS9. I can handle another 203 for Voyager and Enterprise, and the box set can't just sit there on my shelf.
  • Deleted user 13 April 2013 23:52:01
    Weeds Season 1 8/10

Funny sexy and a bit weird, about an all American mum who becomes a pot dealer.

Its got 8 seasons!!!

Is in love with Mary Louise Parker
  • Deleted user 13 April 2013 23:52:30
    captbirdseye wrote:
    I know you said no sci-fi but everyone should sample Battlestar Galactica even if they hate sci-fi. It's Simply the greatest TV show ever made, and quite a few sci-fi hating friends loved it.
    this^^^^^^^^ even my sci-fi nerd hating mrs became an addict

best modern day TV series ever made

Edited by espibara at 23:53:11 13-04-2013
  • Deleted user 13 April 2013 23:55:15
    Is also a big fan of (outside of the biggies)

Sons of Anarchy
    Southland
    Haven
    Warehouse 13
    Justified
  • tincanrocket 14 Apr 2013 07:14:20 2,905 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Does anyone watch British telly anymore? :)
    Not really. Not much to miss as it mostly seems to be cheap reality shows and celebrity rubbish. Even the most average US shows seem to be miles ahead of our output these days.
  • TechnoHippy 14 Apr 2013 14:25:39 14,698 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Walking Dead - Season 3

An improvement on season 2, although I did wonder about some of the decisions the group made. Still, it remains a fun watch.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• TechnoHippy 16 Apr 2013 20:29:15 14,698 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'll try posting this in the correct thread this time :-)

Spartacus War of the Damned

A fine end to the story. The main Romans made excellent opponents.

9/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• ronuds 16 Apr 2013 20:42:50 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    elephantjuice wrote:
    Not even heard of Curb Your Enthusiasm, I'll check it out.
    Holy shit! You're in for a real treat then.

Also, Oz (HBO drama about prison). Although the latter seasons were unfortunately more comedy than drama.
  • Page

of 91 First / Last