Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 51

• Page

of 91 First / Last

• Deleted user 18 February 2013 09:11:05
    Spartacus: Vengeance - 9/10

Still fucking awesome, only slightly let down because of the new weaker lead. That's not really his fault as he would always struggle to replace the original.

Walking Dead - 9/10

Started off slowly but really picks up towards the end. I think it benefits from having more episodes compared to the previous 6.
  • riceNpea 18 Feb 2013 09:33:44 592 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fringe Series 1-5

loved it, loved it, loved it.

had to suspend my disbelief at times and series 5 tested me fully with it's time travel plot line but it was the cast and characterisation that sucked my in. Walter was the most wonderful protagonist in any t.v. show, let alone a sci fi one, that i can remember in a long time. also the show had very few 'monster of the week' episodes, which i despise as i like to see the story line progress in every episode.

9/10
  • glaeken 18 Feb 2013 09:54:09 11,108 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Goodfella Carnivàle is well worth a watch. It's a very unique setting and a good mix up of mystery story with a touch of horror. The ending does leave things a little unresolved though.
  • Scurrminator 22 Feb 2013 15:37:56 8,387 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Adventure Time Season 1
    Amazing out of 10.
    Really enjoyable and bite sized to boot.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• glaeken 26 Feb 2013 10:16:08 11,108 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ripper Street - 7/10 - Not to bad for a BBC series. Evidence of dumbing down was fairly slim and the cast was all good.
  • Mr_Sleep 26 Feb 2013 11:11:02 16,856 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tremé - Series 2. I think it says a lot about the series that I instantly want to carry on to the next one and yet it doesn't seem to have a release date just yet.

It also makes me want to be a better musician and seems to have inspired my girlfriend to learn more about piano improvisation. I can't think of many TV shows that can claim such a thing.

It's such a strong series, the principle of David Simon's productions remains strong in this as New Orleans is the living breathing city that Baltimore is in the The Wire. So much happens in the series with so many different characters but it all knits together really well and the trademark final montage is really quite affecting.

You are a factory of sadness.

• TechnoHippy 26 Feb 2013 11:25:06 14,698 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stargate SG-1 - Season 10

It's a shame it's over, although it's probably a good point to do so. The team isn't the same without O'Neil, although the Ori do make a good enemy, but after season 9 they didn't do enough with them.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• timetraveler 26 Feb 2013 11:26:38 61 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I just finished Haven series (it's really great if you like fantasy)
  • TechnoHippy 26 Feb 2013 12:34:26 14,698 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I liked Haven as well, nice weird town :-)

• Dougs 26 Feb 2013 12:40:57 66,754 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Tremé - Series 2. I think it says a lot about the series that I instantly want to carry on to the next one and yet it doesn't seem to have a release date just yet.

It also makes me want to be a better musician and seems to have inspired my girlfriend to learn more about piano improvisation. I can't think of many TV shows that can claim such a thing.

It's such a strong series, the principle of David Simon's productions remains strong in this as New Orleans is the living breathing city that Baltimore is in the The Wire. So much happens in the series with so many different characters but it all knits together really well and the trademark final montage is really quite affecting.
    /Sigh. I still have S2 all to watch, bar the first one. As it's slow moving, my wife is rarely in the mood for watching it. Frustrating, as it's a cracking series.

Edited by Dougs at 12:41:22 26-02-2013
  • Mr_Sleep 26 Feb 2013 12:54:34 16,856 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I feel for you buddy, my missus is thankfully open to slower paced things so I get to watch this sort of thing, she actively loves this show. Although being a musician herself probably helps.

• Trane 26 Feb 2013 15:09:41 4,050 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    I feel for you buddy, my missus is thankfully open to slower paced things
    I wonder why eh? He's like a snail in bed.

I'm here all week, try the veal.
  • Dougs 26 Feb 2013 15:29:40 66,754 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    I feel for you buddy, my missus is thankfully open to slower paced things so I get to watch this sort of thing, she actively loves this show. Although being a musician herself probably helps.
    It's the same with Boardwalk. She loves it, but come 8pm and the kids are in bed, it's all a bit too much! Low brow is where it's at for the time being.
  • Dougs 28 Feb 2013 07:42:19 66,754 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Luther S1 - 8/10. Glad I stuck with it, really excellent stuff. Still a bit frustrated at the lack of budget but Elba was great and it was nice to see a BBC show that really went for it on the story line and didn't play it safe. Only downside for me was the final episode where what seemed like a gigantic plot hole in that no one seemed to acknowledge what happened at the hotel or try and put 2 and 2 together. He saved a maid from being shot, surely that might have given them a hint that it wasn't just him!

Looked forward to S2 now.
  • CharlieStCloud 28 Feb 2013 14:32:05 5,128 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - series one to five.

Think the likes of Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm are more laugh out loud and relatable however, IASiP is just so consistently funny ... am amazed they haven't run out of ideas yet and still feels quite fresh five seasons on.

I love Charlie's stupidity; 'I turn the Coors light on every morning you guys', 'Oh God! It's the 'closed' sign man', ' ... really? It looks like 'Coors' from the inside though!'

: )

Danny DeVito is wonderful too.
  • kalel 28 Feb 2013 14:36:19 86,437 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Love sSnny. Just started on Season 8 and the second episode is an absolute cracker.
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Feb 2013 15:09:07 16,856 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    I feel for you buddy, my missus is thankfully open to slower paced things
    I wonder why eh? He's like a snail in bed.

I'm here all week, try the veal.
    I'm also all slimy and leave a trail in my wake.

• shooter 1 Mar 2013 00:45:38 394 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bit of advice folks, want to start watching a new show and have narrowed it down to the west wing and six feet under, anyone seen both and can say which is a better watch ?
  • shooter 1 Mar 2013 00:46:40 394 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also need a new comedy after finishing louie....community or parks and recreation ?
  • Nanocrystal 1 Mar 2013 01:24:50 995 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Community starts strong and goes downhill. Parks starts weak and gets much, much better. Both are very much worth watching.

Just finished Always Sunny season 8, superb stuff and I agree it's amazing how they've sustained the quality and not run out of ideas.
  • Dougs 1 Mar 2013 06:58:11 66,754 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    shooter wrote:
    Bit of advice folks, want to start watching a new show and have narrowed it down to the west wing and six feet under, anyone seen both and can say which is a better watch ?
    Both excellent, but different. I'd watch both. SFU is an easier watch so it might depend on your mood!
  • thefilthandthefury 1 Mar 2013 07:41:59 24,952 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Parks and Rec. is one of the best programmes going, comedy-wise. Ron Swanson is basically god.

I've only just started Community but the first few episodes are a bit dull. It has picked up a LOT from the fourth or fifth episode however - I'm enjoying it now.

And I'll agree with the comment about Sunny - how does it not get worse? It's as fresh as ever!

Edited by thefilthandthefury at 07:42:28 01-03-2013
  • Zizoo 1 Mar 2013 07:49:36 8,127 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - series one to five.

Think the likes of Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm are more laugh out loud and relatable however, IASiP is just so consistently funny ... am amazed they haven't run out of ideas yet and still feels quite fresh five seasons on.

I love Charlie's stupidity; 'I turn the Coors light on every morning you guys', 'Oh God! It's the 'closed' sign man', ' ... really? It looks like 'Coors' from the inside though!'

: )

Danny DeVito is wonderful too.
    I was about to ask if there was any love here for It's always sunny in Philadelphia. I'm on season 3 now. Really funny stuff.

And the reason they haven't run out of ideas is because there's nothing they won't do for fear of being risqué.

Edited by ZizouFC at 07:57:18 01-03-2013
  • Deleted user 5 March 2013 13:55:18
    Friday Night Lights Season 3

Brilliant. I love this show. I think i pathetically sobbed at least once an episode during the last 6 or so episode of the season.

10/10
  • TechnoHippy 6 Mar 2013 16:53:06 14,698 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mad Men - Season 3

More great viewing, and a an excellent end to the season.

9/10

• monkman76 6 Mar 2013 16:54:27 4,005 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh we've just finished season 3 of Mad Men. Yeah the finale was utterly superb - come on season 4 DVD from Amazon, get here already!
  • kalel 6 Mar 2013 16:55:38 86,437 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yes, that was a really exciting part of the series. Happy times.
  • imamazed 6 Mar 2013 16:56:02 5,524 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Series 3 ending is arguably the best ending to any Mad Men series.

It's series 3 or 1 anyway.
  • Blotto 6 Mar 2013 17:57:47 2,729 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Community's great, it's just gotten a bit too universally acclaimed so public opinion has turned on it a bit.

Vastly different show after the first 5 episodes but the first 5 episodes are still pretty great. Season 4's a bit shit so far, simply because it sort of feels like the story's done.

Season 1-3 are amazing and include the best episodes of anything ever.
  • Page

of 91 First / Last