Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 47

• Page

of 92 First / Last

• ISmoke 6 Jan 2013 00:03:38 545 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think I'm in the minority but I thought season 2 of Walking Dead was really good. I watched it in quick succession though so watching an episode a week may have been underwhelming!

Anyway...

The Wire Season 1

So with loads of friends constantly saying how great this show is I decided to start watching it earlier in the year and I just couldn't get in to it (I was in Breaking Bad heaven at the time) so I gave up.

As Dexter, Sons of Anarchy and Walking Dead are all now over I decided to give The Wire another shot.

I can't believe I wasn't hooked last time. I took the time out to really pay attention to the show and as soon as I did that I was hooked. The lines of dialogue between most if not all of the characters is nothing short of amazing. There are a few scenes when they are talking about everyday mundane things (Chess and Chicken nuggets) and even still make it interesting enough that it had stuck in my mind!

Really looking forward to start (and getting it out of the way as I heard its weak) season 2. After 1 season I can already see how this show is so highly regarded.
  • Jono62 6 Jan 2013 00:29:16 14,054 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Weak for The Wire, but still very good.
  • Deleted user 6 January 2013 13:58:19
    Dexter 5 heard bad things but we really enjoyed it. Nice twist on the usual dynamic.

Just started season 6 and I don't think I'm going to like where it is going to go. Religion is bad/stupid is a fucking dull and lazy theme for Dexter.
  • beastmaster 6 Jan 2013 18:34:39 11,322 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lost Girl series 1 -8/10

Very enjoyable fluff with a smokin' hot lead actress.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Wacko_AK 7 Jan 2013 13:29:50 183 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Sopranos Seasons 1&2 - 8/10

Not quite what I was expecting, slower paced than I imagined but all the better for it.

A lot of (black) humour in it.

Got the 6 season box set for Xmas, the Mrs has watched them with me but I think she's going to give up on it.
  • HoboMario 7 Jan 2013 13:36:59 28 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nighty Night - 10/10

Absolutely fearless writing and performance from Julia Davis. Fucking brilliant and hilarious.

Edited by HoboMario at 13:37:13 07-01-2013
  • kinky_mong 7 Jan 2013 14:50:19 10,133 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ISmoke wrote:

Really looking forward to start (and getting it out of the way as I heard its weak) season 2.
    I thought the second series was the best one (closely followed by the fourth)!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Jono62 8 Jan 2013 22:51:16 14,054 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Frasier:

S1 - 8/10
    S2 - 8/10
    S3 - 9/10
    S4 - 8.5/10
    S5 - 10/10

Six more series to go!
  • Tom_Servo 10 Jan 2013 21:26:14 17,538 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Stop watching it after Niles and Daphne get together. It's like a different show, and it's completely terrible. Niles is more like a normal person and Martin is an old fool.

Anyway, I finished the first season of Homeland I say it's a 7/10! It's total bollocks, but enjoyable. It's got one up on something like 24 straight away because there aren't really goodies and baddies (at least nearer the end of the series anyway).

Damien Lewis and Clare Danes are both good value, and Saul's awesome. Straight away I thought the finale could've been improved if Brody had actually done it, and the second season focused on Nazir and his people in the aftermath. As it was, it lacked in tension because obviously Damien Lewis wasn't going to die. Would've been awesome if they'd done it though.

Looking forward to season two.
  • Deleted user 11 January 2013 15:43:21
    RyanDS wrote:
    Star Trek DS9: Season 4.

Fantastic, some awesome highs, The Visitor is one of the best episodes of Trek ever, not to mention a great episode for any show. And the lows are nowhere near as low as is usual for Trek, with no episode being genuinely bad.

8/10

And 6 episodes into season 5 the series is just getting better every episode.
    I really want to re-watch the whole thing, its the only star trek not on tv atm :(

Anyway

Breaking bad S3

Really really good, def another level above the last two seasons, particulary the first half of the season. Really well written, and extremely dark humoured in places. Saul williams is fucking amazing. Infact its got that GTA writing panche about the show in this seasons. The twins and hank are amazing.

But for the love of god, will some one please fucking kill marie. Never despised a character as much as her.

10/10
  • monkman76 11 Jan 2013 15:51:43 4,169 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Tom_Servo Don't look forward too much if you only thought season one was a 7/10, and total bollocks...
  • spindle9988 11 Jan 2013 15:57:23 3,528 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dexter season 5

Not as good as the others 6/10
  • spindle9988 11 Jan 2013 15:57:23 3,528 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dexter season 5

Not as good as the others 6/10
  • TOOTR 13 Jan 2013 03:34:44 9,522 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 2

Really enjoyed this. It has come on leaps and bounds since Season 1.

What was that? Yes...even having a child Boba Fett trundling around has not ruined it for me.

May the force be with you.

8.5/10

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Deleted user 13 January 2013 12:13:41
    Dexter s6- 9/10

The Religion aspect was a bit heavy handed throughout and Colin Hanks is a terrible actor, but despite these I still enjoyed it. I'm interested where they will take it after the what happens at the end.
  • Jono62 13 Jan 2013 12:24:44 14,054 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @iHAZaCHEEZ3burger Sadly, imo, S7 is very, very poor and I really enjoyed S6.
  • Deleted user 13 January 2013 12:30:59
    On 7 at the moment and not sure about it. Still flying on the assumption that what he is doing is ultimate ly ok because of the same excuses from the beginning. When it isn't necessarily.
  • L0cky 13 Jan 2013 13:05:32 1,519 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Southland S1

Very good. Thought I'd find it weak sauce after The Wire but it's actually quite compelling.

Somewhere between The Shield and The Wire but closer to The Shield/10.
  • bad09 13 Jan 2013 13:40:51 5,783 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Caught up with South Park thanks to Neflix (Season 15).

I love South Park and can watch it again and again but they really need to just call it a day. Personally I feel it's been running on empty for a good few seasons now but damn they got nothing these days it's just not funny in anyway now.

2/10
  • Deleted user 13 January 2013 15:59:21
    Jono62 wrote:
    @iHAZaCHEEZ3burger Sadly, imo, S7 is very, very poor and I really enjoyed S6.
    I've heard this from a few people so I'm not expecting much. Although a lot of people didn't like the 5th and I thought it was great.
  • RyanDS 13 Jan 2013 16:17:29 9,230 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Community Season 1: How have I missed this for so long? Fantastic and unusually it is a comedy series that actually starts off great rather than building up.

8/10
  • Tom_Servo 13 Jan 2013 16:19:49 17,538 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I actually thought it took a while to get into top gear, although it was still decent at the start.

Season 2 is completely brilliant.
  • Deleted user 13 January 2013 16:37:28
    L0cky wrote:
    Southland S1

Very good. Thought I'd find it weak sauce after The Wire but it's actually quite compelling.

I recently smashed through every series of Southland. It's excellent.

The thing that annoys me, however, is that everyone is saying how great End of Watch is (which it is) but it's basically Southland the movie. And Southland is better because the characters are much more fleshed out by virtue of it being a series rather than a one-off.
  • Gruff 13 Jan 2013 17:45:07 2,854 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Community Season 1: How have I missed this for so long? Fantastic and unusually it is a comedy series that actually starts off great rather than building up.
    8/10
    Series 2..... not as good so far, but the first was such a high standard it's not suprising. Hoping it finds its groove.

Edited by Gruff at 17:46:41 13-01-2013

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• L0cky 13 Jan 2013 23:24:36 1,519 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    L0cky wrote:
    Southland S1

I recently smashed through every series of Southland. It's excellent.

The thing that annoys me, however, is that everyone is saying how great End of Watch is (which it is) but it's basically Southland the movie. And Southland is better because the characters are much more fleshed out by virtue of it being a series rather than a one-off.
    Just watched that, thanks for the tip; excellent movie.

It is a bit like Southland "The Movie"; would have to watch more to decide if it's as good though.
  • TechnoHippy 19 Jan 2013 16:58:53 14,707 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stargate SG1 - Season 5

More of the same, but there's nothing wrong with that. I like watching the team in action.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• RyanDS 19 Jan 2013 17:22:16 9,230 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:

8/10
    Season 2 & 3 both 8/10 as well.

Still funny, but the lack of long term character development drags.

On the other hand though, Annie doing her christmas song in the Glee episode is one of the best things I have ever seen. In fact, I have to watch it again...
    http://vimeo.com/33451025
  • TarickStonefire 19 Jan 2013 17:58:08 3,039 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fringe: 9/10. Nothing's perfect, after all.

Will be sorely missed, until the next fantastic multi-dimensional time-travel sci fi, anyway. Whenever that is. :(

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• glaeken 21 Jan 2013 09:49:19 11,142 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Breaking bad series 4 - 9/10 - Great stuff overall. The only thing I was not too keen on was the scene of Gus with half his face missing. It seemed a little fantastical for the program.

Justified series 2 - 8/10 - Good fun and very watchable.
  • GuiltySpark 21 Jan 2013 09:55:15 6,357 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:

Breaking bad S3
    Saul williams is fucking amazing.

10/10
    You mean Saul Goodman. Though Saul Williams is equally as good.

Get bent.

• Page

of 92 First / Last