Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 45

• Page

of 94 First / Last

• TechnoHippy 29 Nov 2012 17:26:25 14,718 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The River

I liked this. Interesting story, well told with some creepy elements.

8/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• shooter 30 Nov 2012 00:33:30 394 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Love/Hate Seasons 1-2 - 9.5/10

Cracking stuff. The best show ever produced on Irish TV and up there with the current American tv shows like breaking bad, boardwalk, homeland and sons.

Its a show about criminals in Ireland with the head criminal being played by Aidan Gillen(mayor carceti from the wire) in a great performance. You never really know what he is gonna do in any scene, he could be nice or an absolute lunatic.

If you havent seen or heard of it then track it down. Anyone who likes good TV wont be disapointed
  • mrpon 30 Nov 2012 00:38:34 28,983 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heard about that, it's got the guy from misfits right?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• shooter 30 Nov 2012 00:50:01 394 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    it does yep, he is one of the main characters, he is one of the good guys in a show with very few

Its tough to track down online but ye can pick up the dvds for next to nothing anyway. Put it on your list to watch if ye have one
  • TechnoHippy 1 Dec 2012 11:57:04 14,718 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Continuum

Reasonably entertaining. I'd have liked to see more of the future.

7/10

• beastmaster 2 Dec 2012 23:27:25 11,442 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hunted - 6/10

Ending was a bit odd. Quite enjoyed it though. Set up for series 2 which may not ever happen. Melissa George is a bit bloody yummy in this.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• boo 3 Dec 2012 13:59:04 11,794 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chuck - Series 5

The fifth and final series of Chuck. It's had one or two dips over the 5 years - the first half of series 4 dragged a bit, but by and large, this has been one of the most consistently entertaining shows I've seen in ages. Great ensemble cast, great writing, some decent action and plenty of laughs.

Sure it got a bit cheesy now and again, but who cares? And spotting the geek references along the way was always great fun.

Fabulous end to the whole thing - the final ep could have been out and out schmaltz, but I thought they did a great job in involving so many of the cast.

One word. Jeffster.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Jono62 3 Dec 2012 22:05:04 14,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Castle S4 - 8/10

Really like this show and was hoping the big questions would be answered. Not only were they not, but extra ones have surfaced. Roll on next series.
  • Dougs 4 Dec 2012 07:05:07 68,028 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS S1 - 7.5/10

It's cheesy and a bit teeny but just about gets away with it enough for me. Strangely compulsive viewing.
  • GuiltySpark 4 Dec 2012 07:09:57 6,401 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Arrested Development S1/2 - 8/10

Watching this on Netflix after hearing good things. It's a strange show, there's so many things that can come off as way, way too wacky but they somehow manage to make it feel reigned in (which is a good thing). Gob is by far by favourite character (like he was in 30 Rock).

Get bent.

• TechnoHippy 4 Dec 2012 21:32:09 14,718 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    True Blood - Season 5

Entertaining, but not as good as the previous series. The story lines felt a little flat. Still, I'll still watch the next series.

6/10

• DFawkes 5 Dec 2012 15:16:50 23,029 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Battlestar Galatica Season 3 (I've tried to keep this low spoilers, just in case)

I'm still absolutely loving this series. The cast perform admirably in every episode and the writing is still generally fantastic, though I could see some people enjoy it less as there does feel like a little less focus. That bit about the Cylons having this grand plan feels a bit worthless now - not that it hurts my enjoyment of the show :) That said, I still don't like the spoiler titles showing you shots of the episode you're about to watch, even if they do cycle fast.

I really enjoyed the beginning of the season, with the fight for New Caprica and people having different roles, given a year had passed. I also liked seeing bits we missed in flashback, and how the relationships between characters changed. The characters are really at the heart of the show, so as long as they're still getting that kind of thing right I'll enjoy it until the end.

There were a couple I didn't enjoy as much as others, like Hero and The Passage. They both focused on different characters that I cared less about, though I did warm to Kat in the end. I wasn't a massive fan of The Woman King either, especially given Dirty Hands dealt with the more interesting issues from it just 2 episodes later.

Then there's the finale. I was expecting a Galactica take on a courtroom drama, which of course it was. Then, in the last 15 minutes, it all went full on WTF! I can see many people hating that, and with good reason - the events at the end come out of nowhere, with little signposting. Yet I loved it :D I can't wait to see how those characters deal with revelations about the Final Five.

As for what is probably my last round of Guess the Cylon ?(I'll tag this bit) , by my count there's only 1 left that's unknown, which I've been unfairly accusing at least 1 person! It's a difficult call too - I still reckon either Ellen Tigh or Felix Gaeta. Yet I'm only sticking with Ellen because she was my first instinct, what with her manipulative ways and magically appearing on the fleet. Yet I'd have thought if she was, she'd have respawned and appeared by now.

There is a new prospect in Starbuck given we saw her die and she's back, but the nature of her visions in Maelstrom makes me suspect the Leoben might have been more like Head Six. The others in the Five had no idea they were Cylons so weirdly I think that, because there is that reason to think she is, she definitely isn't :p

Gaeta said something about his life starting on Galactica, plus purging himself in court to try and take down Baltar does still have him in the running. Crucially though, it's almost guaranteed that whoever it is doesn't know they are a Cylon, and Gaeta didn't hear the music like the others, so it HAS to be someone off ship.

So, for the last time, I shall pick on Ellen Tigh as she'd be respawned elsewhere (assuming the Five can do that).

Overall, the slight lack of focus and some episodes I didn't enjoy as much as otheres drag it down a little, but I still thoroughly enjoy it.

8/10

Edited by DFawkes at 15:17:22 05-12-2012

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• andywilkie35 5 Dec 2012 15:17:39 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Smashed through the first three seasons of Breaking Bad.

Incredible stuff, can't believe I've waited until now to watch it.

10/10

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• AcidSnake 5 Dec 2012 15:25:53 7,282 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DFawkes:
    I liked the ending to the third season, but it was indeed quite WTF...

As for the fourth season you'll hit one of the peaks of awesomeness in episodes 13 & 14 (IMO)...
    Prepare to watch them back to back!

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• fletch7100 5 Dec 2012 15:35:19 7,331 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Near the end of justified season 2 solid 9/10 so far. Loving the Bennett clan, good to see a strong female character as the clan leader.
  • Fab4 5 Dec 2012 15:38:45 6,091 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Third Watch - 10/10

Emergency services series from about 2000, set in a fictitious NYC borough, on the 3rd watch (3-11) of the fire, police and EMS crews.

Started the 6th and final series on Foxlife over here in Holland, and its pissing me off that they cancelled it so soon. Brilliant series and their 9/11 episodes were beautifully made.
  • Trane 5 Dec 2012 15:42:49 4,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Boardawlk Empire S3

9.5/10

I love the setting, I love the costumes, I love the music and everything that goes with recreating 1920's Atlantic City (and beyond). This of course hasn't really changed massively since S1, but this season has had the first real 'villain' and the main story arc has been much meatier as a result. Margaret has had less screen time and that can only be a good thing, I hate her just as much as Carmela Soprano or Skyler White.

Overall a fantastic season and I anticipate season 4.
  • TechnoHippy 5 Dec 2012 20:53:19 14,718 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mad men - Season 2

Some fine TV. I watch it more to see the characters in action than for the story.

9/10

• TechnoHippy 5 Dec 2012 20:53:38 14,718 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted

• Dougs 5 Dec 2012 21:02:57 68,028 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    True Blood - Season 5

Entertaining, but not as good as the previous series. The story lines felt a little flat. Still, I'll still watch the next series.

6/10
    I dunno, I really enjoyed the first half, more than the previous 2. Liked the focus on the vamps more and less nonsense with other supes. But then the whole Lillith thing kicked in and it went downhill badly. Didn't like the fire monster stuff either. Still, as you say, enjoyable stuff with enough to keep me watching.

6.5/10 for me.
  • GuiltySpark 6 Dec 2012 04:55:01 6,401 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What I like about True Blood (and what I absolutely hate about people who plonk it right next to Twilight) is that it is very self referential and self aware, it knows that the stuff happening is pretty batshit mental and the characters say so.

It doesn't make up for all its misgivings but it helps the ride. Plus, some of the lines are funny as hell, especially Pam, who is also pretty fucking hot in a weird sort of way.

Get bent.

• TechnoHippy 6 Dec 2012 07:28:16 14,718 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've not watched Twilight, so I can't compare it. I think True Blood is entertaining, although it's Sookie was taken care of :-)

• GuiltySpark 6 Dec 2012 07:47:58 6,401 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Twilight is serious as hell. There's no humour, they play it completely straight all the way through. Gotta give those tweens hope of actually finding a vampire boyfriend innit.

Then again maybe it isn't, and the fact that Kristen Stewart only has a one acting face that threw me off.

Edited by GuiltySpark at 07:50:41 06-12-2012

Get bent.

• Dougs 6 Dec 2012 08:30:49 68,028 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, it doesn't take itself at all seriously and has some great characters and lines. Love Pam and Edgington, and there's eye candy for all. Silly but fun.
  • localnotail 8 Dec 2012 01:28:24 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Fear (Channel 4 this week, 4 episodes) - 9/10

Peter Mullan (Tyrannosaur) does a brilliant job as the outwardly respectable head of a criminal family in Brighton whose cosy world is threatened by the arrival of an Albanian gang intent on annexing his turf. Everything slowly unravels in more ways than one.

Really worth a watch IMO, well written, acted & directed. At times brutal and surreal, I was gripped throughout. Brighton filmed with great style. Last episode is a real cracker.

The only reason I gave it 9/10 not 10/10 is that I wanted more.

Edited by localnotail at 17:25:10 09-12-2012

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• TechnoHippy 9 Dec 2012 11:56:10 14,718 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Battlestar Galactica - Season 3

I enjoyed this more than I remembered from my previous viewing. Baltar remains the best character for me.

8/10

• monkehhh 9 Dec 2012 20:24:29 3,357 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Shield (seasons 1 - 4)
    Got in to this backwards, through Sons of Anarchy / Justified / etc. Absolutely loving it so far. Decent weekly procedural stuff coupled with all sorts of on-going madness. David and his fetishes, Dutch trying murder on a cat, Julian's cured gayness, etc. Also, more of these criminals need to have a lawyer present during questioning.

Somewhere around 9/10.

Currently watching season 5, FOREST WHITAKER \o/

Edited by monkehhh at 20:24:45 09-12-2012
  • Madder-Max 9 Dec 2012 22:36:09 11,656 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Continuum

7/10
    Conitinuum is great. 8/10 for me with Fringe at 9/10.

Series 2 has been green lighted. Production starts in vancouver in 2013 so hopefully mire budget means more future.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Trane 10 Dec 2012 12:03:32 4,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    Currently watching season 5, FOREST WHITAKER \o/
    I take it you like your ham to be especially hammy.
  • TechnoHippy 10 Dec 2012 13:02:23 14,718 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Continuum

7/10
    Conitinuum is great. 8/10 for me with Fringe at 9/10.

Series 2 has been green lighted. Production starts in vancouver in 2013 so hopefully mire budget means more future.
    Good news :-)

• Page

of 94 First / Last