Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 42

• Page

of 96 First / Last

• Jono62 2 Nov 2012 22:13:59 14,204 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Archer: S1 and S2 - 9.8/10

Awesome show. Can't believe its taken me this long to watch it. So funny. It's on UK Netflix so catch it while you can!
  • MrSensible 3 Nov 2012 10:10:27 25,262 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does Archer get better after the start? I'm not trying to be annoying but I watched the first three episodes and didn't like it at all. Everyone keeps bloody going on about it though so I'm tempted to try again!
  • Jono62 3 Nov 2012 10:16:35 14,204 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It stays in the vein in all episodes so if you didn't enjoy the first 3 episodes, then you won't enjoy the rest.
  • MrSensible 3 Nov 2012 10:24:50 25,262 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Alas :(

Ah well, we can't all like everything I suppose - my loss!
  • TechnoHippy 3 Nov 2012 10:42:33 14,719 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    EatMyCow wrote:
    Not a review about a series, but I think I read craigy said American horror Story season 2 episode one was rubbish. It's not, it's great! Jumpy camera syndrome aside, which is part of the style, it's got some of the same great actors, great scenes. It's not gonna be winning any oscars obviously, but it's still good entertainment.
    I agree with this, watched the first episode last night and I loved it. There's some reasonable horror on TV at the moment with this and The River. And Haven.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Deleted user 4 November 2012 21:11:25
    24 s1- 7/10

I like the premise of it and think Keifer Sutherland was brilliant. Good if predictable ending too.

Dennis Hopper was laughable though and nearly ruined the whole thing.
  • Gambit1977 4 Nov 2012 21:56:46 10,329 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mockingbird Lane (chance is it won't get a series)

Actually quite funny in parts. Eddie Izzards steals every scene he's in. Worth a pop as long as you have the patience to watch the lingering sfx shots early on.
  • Dougs 4 Nov 2012 22:59:04 68,545 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Downton Abbey s3 - 8/10. An unashamed guilty pleasure, after being talked into watching it after missing the first series. It's great and worth it for every single throw away line from Maggie Smith. Roll on the Christmas special.
  • TechnoHippy 5 Nov 2012 17:07:16 14,719 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Strike Back: Vengeance

Better than I expected, the fire fights are pretty good and it flows well.

7/10

• TechnoHippy 10 Nov 2012 11:59:38 14,719 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deadwood - Season 1

It's probably the fifth time I've watched this through and it's an amazing watch every time.It has a theatrical feel that I love, and the characters are always interesting. It's also a fine place to start if learning how to swear.

10 cocksuckers out of 10

• Madder-Max 10 Nov 2012 12:36:58 11,660 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vampire Diaries s 3. It gets a bit farcical in this series with there being a spell for like, everything and it waffles on a bit. Takes forever to get to the inevitable conclusion.

7/10

99 problems and being ginger is one

• BinaryBob101 10 Nov 2012 16:37:57 23,698 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Definitely does not read like a 7.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Trafford 10 Nov 2012 17:26:35 5,892 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dallas (2012)

Anyone who has slightly fond memories of the original would enjoy this soap.
    Original cast lynchpins return as elder generation, while young folks look hot and proceed to fuck each other over.

Decent twisty plot about getting the family business back running, dealing with nefarious South Americans.
    No one is a bigger cunt than JR though.

Lots of hints about the missing years and an awesome cliffhanger that had me laughing out loud.

A guilty midweek pleasure to watch with the Mrs.
    Hope Larry Hagman stays with us a while longer to deliver more of his electric performance.

8/10
  • sirtacos 11 Nov 2012 05:17:34 7,337 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Firefly

Witty writing, a great sense of humour, characters with depth, a Western-themed swashbuckling space setting full of grit, character and charm.
    It reminds me of Cowboy Bebop and the Star Wars OT in its prime.

But then it was cancelled. Apparently Fox didn't bother to air the entire season, or even show the episodes in order, before it gave Firefly the axe.

Jumping on the "revive Firefly!" bandwagon seems absurd now that it's 2012 and everyone has moved on. :(

9/10

Edited by sirtacos at 06:23:08 11-11-2012
  • Tonka 11 Nov 2012 08:21:41 20,888 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MOVED ON!?
    No one has moved on! We just cry in silence...

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• sirtacos 11 Nov 2012 09:31:42 7,337 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In space, no one can hear you cry
    :'(
  • Madder-Max 11 Nov 2012 10:21:38 11,660 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Definitely does not read like a 7.
    All the birds are proper fit in it. Boosts the score

• OnlyMe 11 Nov 2012 18:42:13 3,104 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just got netflix (Norway) which permits me to catch up on TV series. Finished two so far:

Sherlock

Wasn't entirely impressed by the first episode, but interesting enough to watch the second. I haven't read any of the Sherlock Holmes books, and always thought of him as a likeable "hero" character. After I realized that my impression was wrong (at least for this series), and got used to him being a cynical arrogant prick, it became much better. The first season (three movie-length episodes, I never knew tv-series could be so lengthy) was the only one available on Netflix here in Norway, but I loved it so much by the end that I had to download and watch the second season. Also, I'm a big pussy, and I have to admit I was close to crying at the end of the last episode in season two. Why did they have to end a season like that? So cruel! Anyway, loved the series so much that I can't wait for season three, which apparently starts production in early 2013.

9/10

Firefly

Very Star Wars-y and brilliant characters. I only know Nathan Fillion from Castle, which I've only watched the occasionl episode of, and feels like a somewhat generic police series. However, I loved Firefly, and I hate a series like this could get cancelled after only one season! While CSI and Glamour can live on forever! Mankind is stupid. At least they made a movie, which I watched straigth after finishing the last episode of Firefly. It was nice to have at least some kind of conclusion to the story though. And you can't critisize it for overstaying its welcome.

9/10

Also started watching Doctor Who for the first time, since it seems to be so popular. It's the new series though, which seems a bit like a reboot? The doctor is a pretty fun character, but I can't really say the series has overly impressed so far. I hate how they build to be something serious, then they pull in stupid stuff like the "last human alive" after five billion years being just a flattened skin with a mouth and eyes. It's a very strange combination of family drama, sci fi and silly humour. I know that the bad special effects and idiotic aliens and sci-fi parody elements are somewhat the point of the series, but it seems it tries to take itself too seriously, while pulling silly stuff like that. I just get disconnected from the story. Maybe the original series is better, but I doubt it since these things are probably crucial to the Doctor Who series.

Red Dwarf - so far watched two episodes from season 1. I don't find people pretending to be cats to be funny. Lister is decent character, but the cat? Huh. Maybe I just don't get british humour from the 80's, but so far, Red Dwarf is embaressing. When does it start to become actually good?

Neither Doctor Who or Red Dwarf gets a score from me yet, since I'm only about halfway into the latest season of the former, and two episodes of the first season in the latter. Too little to give an deserving review, but at least those are my first impressions. If anything, I'm much more likely to continue watching Doctor Who than Red Dwarf, but so far I've no idea what other series to watch.

Watched one full episode of the first season of Dexter, which is also a popular series. Didn't like the main character at all, but maybe that'll change as well.

Any tips of series I might enjoy? The best series I've seen ever so far is Sherlock, Firefly and Spartacus (which I saw when they came out).
  • BinaryBob101 11 Nov 2012 19:25:56 23,698 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Breaking Bad.

There's just no competition from anything else. Ever.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• monkehhh 11 Nov 2012 19:48:46 3,437 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't think you're meant to instantly like Dexter, he is a serial killer :)

HBO does lots of good stuff - Sopranos, Deadwood, etc.

Breaking Bad is also awesome.

I'm currently watching The Shield, which is great.
  • fletch7100 11 Nov 2012 20:04:45 7,382 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Archer: S1 and S2 - 9.8/10

Awesome show. Can't believe its taken me this long to watch it. So funny. It's on UK Netflix so catch it while you can!
    Rip Riley: I'm setting the autopilot, but this better not be a ruse.
    Sterling Archer: A ruse? Brrring, brrring. Hello. Hi, it's the 1930's. Can we have our words and clothes and shitty airplane back?

Krieger: Like my women like I like my coffee,black , bitter and preferably free trade

You shot a black astronaut Cyril, that's like shooting an unicorn.

Pam Poovey: Oh, please. You're so hot for him I could reheat this chili in your cooch.

Love the show
  • fletch7100 13 Nov 2012 09:08:49 7,382 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Late to the party and halfway through season 1 of Mad Men.

Solid 9/10 so far. Enjoying the whole era feel to it. Didn't know at first that the main character is such a cad.

Saw season 1-4 Blu ray box set in CEX for £25. Went to buy it and they are missing one disc. Bastards
  • Madder-Max 13 Nov 2012 11:26:51 11,660 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Alcatraz season 1 is on catch up and I really wanted to watch the whole thing, but don't think I can watch a formulaic by the numbers - emotionally disconnected cop due to losing partner- cop thing with such a blatant story padding device with a lil sci thrown in. Fringe and continuum do this far better. They might as well have called it Lost Continufringeataraz on The River.

Am I missing out by not watching it?

• Gambit1977 13 Nov 2012 11:29:36 10,329 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    Alcatraz season 1 is on catch up and I really wanted to watch the whole thing, but don't think I can watch a formulaic by the numbers - emotionally disconnected cop due to losing partner- cop thing with such a blatant story padding device with a lil sci thrown in. Fringe and continuum do this far better. They might as well have called it Lost Continufringeataraz on The River.

Am I missing out by not watching it?
    No mate. Your description is spot on, it's shit.
  • TechnoHippy 13 Nov 2012 12:04:11 14,719 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deadwood - Season 2

As good as the first season. The ending gets me every time :-(

10/10

• freddymercurystwin 13 Nov 2012 13:20:11 486 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hit and Miss, 8/10 very original, a little clichéd but well worth watching as it was so different.
  • Gunzberg 13 Nov 2012 13:42:54 1,742 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Deadwood - Season 1

It's probably the fifth time I've watched this through and it's an amazing watch every time.It has a theatrical feel that I love, and the characters are always interesting. It's also a fine place to start if learning how to swear.

10 cocksuckers out of 10
    Deadwood is awesome. Great acting and one of the few series I actually kept for my collection.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Baleoce 13 Nov 2012 14:57:49 1,185 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Curb your enthusiasm Season 3. I don't think I'll ever forget the tourrettes chef scene. 10/10

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• fletch7100 15 Nov 2012 07:54:45 7,382 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just finished Mad Men Season 1. Solid 9/10. Loved the show, enjoyed the era and the different social attitudes. Was good to watch a slower paced show for a change

" Don when God closes a door he opens a dress"

Roger Sterling: I bet there were people in the Bible walking around, complaining about "kids today."

Don Draper: Kids today, they have no one to look up to. 'Cause they're looking up to us.

Can't wait for season 2 now

Christina Hendricks in that figure hugging dress in the season finale :)

Off topic just started on Justified season 1. Just watch first episode and enjoyed it. Looks like another show to add to my expanding watch list.
  • Page

of 96 First / Last