Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 40

• Page

of 100 First / Last

• TechnoHippy 7 Sep 2012 15:54:55 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mad Men - Season 1

Superb TV. The story line doesn't matter as just watching the characters is reward enough.

10/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• polaris70 7 Sep 2012 17:01:38 290 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @TechnoHippy
    Yeah I love Mad Men too. The show just gets better and better with the whole 60's vibe going on and great characters. There is a couple of characters who I disliked in the first season, but are now my favourites. A sign of good writing.

Also, Boardwalk Empire starts its season three next week I think. Well worth a look if you haven't already seen it.
  • President_Weasel 7 Sep 2012 17:22:12 9,668 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Man, I loved Ultraviolet. Had no idea it was on 4OD. Goes on the list immediately!

I quite liked the premise of it. Shame they never made more at the time.
    Come on, it had six whole episodes! Seventh-longest-running British show of all time.
  • TechnoHippy 8 Sep 2012 19:47:22 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Supernatural - Season 6

After the end of the last season I was curious where they would go next and they didn't disappoint. The season finale sets up the next season nicely.

8/10

• Deleted user 8 September 2012 22:56:18
    Twin Peaks - Season 1

Still a work of art. I had forgotten how damn creepy Coop is too. Looking forward to the (IIRC) patchy but often freakier second season and Foxy Lady Mulder. David Duchovny, your career has been somewhat odd.

10/10
  • Deleted user 8 September 2012 23:25:15
    Dexter s5- 10/10

I thought it would suffer from the shocking season 4 finale, but I don't think it did. Lumen was a brilliant character and there was more great tension throughout.
  • Deleted user 9 September 2012 19:21:17
    Battlestar Galactica s4- 9/10

Fast becoming one of my favourite ever tv series, I'm really looking forward to the final season now.
  • Jono62 9 Sep 2012 19:27:31 14,364 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Dexter s5- 10/10

I thought it would suffer from the shocking season 4 finale, but I don't think it did. Lumen was a brilliant character and there was more great tension throughout.
    The ending totally ruined the series for me.
  • MrSensible 10 Sep 2012 07:50:14 25,382 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Dexter s5- 10/10

I really couldn't get into Lumen at all. Every time she was on screen she annoyed me no end... for me it was definitely the weakest season of the show (haven't seen the latest one yet). That isn't to say it was bad, it was still great for the other stuff, but I'd give it a 7/10.

Not that you care like!
  • Deleted user 16 September 2012 19:52:41
    Battlestar Galactica Final Season- 9/10

Loved it. Great television series and I'm sad it's ended. Haven't been this gutted about a series ending since Lost
  • Jono62 16 Sep 2012 20:31:18 14,364 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Psych: Series 5 - 95%

Really love this program. The interplay between everyone is great. The comedy is top notch. I recommend watching every series.
  • TechnoHippy 16 Sep 2012 21:14:30 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cheers - Season 1

Excellent nostalgic comedy.

8/10

• Garlvinlandblueblood 16 Sep 2012 22:04:53 471 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LOST Season 1 - 9/10

Watching this back, the one disappointment left for meis the lack of any resolution for Locke. I can take the fact any further answers about the island, monster etc. would have inevitably been disappointing, but to see the most interesting character ruined and miserable, then for his arc to just end, is crushing./spoiler> Otherwise, I can remember why the show was so gripping for so long. Any disappointment was only because the show was 4/6 of one of the greats (in my opinion of course).
  • Trowel 16 Sep 2012 22:18:31 18,072 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Sopranos season 3 - 7/10

Bit of a dip in form, seems to have lost the overall thread of the show. A couple of brilliant episodes though, not least the one with Paulie and Chris stuck in the woods :D
  • Blakester 17 Sep 2012 11:45:19 3,671 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Downton Abbey Season 2 + Xmas Special

OK I am officially converted. I've gone from having a passing interest to eagerly awaiting the next episode. Season two was a little frothier than the first, but for me had much bigger laughs (most of which come from the fantastic Maggy Smith)and a few compelling narrative strands. I found the Bates storyline a little tedious if I'm honest but really enjoyed the WWI elements.

The Xmas special was excellent with a fitting ending to set up season 3 perfectly.

8/10

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Trane 17 Sep 2012 13:43:36 4,059 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    The Sopranos season 3 - 7/10

Bit of a dip in form, seems to have lost the overall thread of the show. A couple of brilliant episodes though, not least the one with Paulie and Chris stuck in the woods :D
    Pine Barrens <3

Awesome.
  • Deleted user 17 September 2012 13:47:55
    Tony Soprano: [over the phone] It's a bad connection so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed!
    Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: Get the fuck outta here.
    Tony Soprano: Yeah. Nice, huh? He was with the Interior Ministry. Guy's like a Russian green beret. He can not come back and tell this story. You understand?
    Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: I hear you.
    [hangs up]
    Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator.
    Christopher Moltisanti: His house looked like shit.
    Best episode ever.
  • Steve_Perry 17 Sep 2012 13:52:33 5,201 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The dialogue was one of the great strengths of the sopranos. Consistently hilarious all the way through the series.
  • polaris70 17 Sep 2012 14:04:35 290 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago

My favourite scene from The Soprano's. Christopher's character just gets better and better as the show goes on.

Edited by polaris70 at 14:06:11 17-09-2012
  • Blakester 18 Sep 2012 14:28:48 3,671 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Newsroom Season 1

Started brightly but by the end of the run I felt it was a let-down for two reasons:

1/ Too much emphasis on US political issues and debate. I understand it's based on an American news team, but much of the finer details were lost on me which blunted the impact of many of the episodes.

2/ Far, far too many irritating characters, chiefly Mackenzie MacHale played by Emily Mortimer. Also has one of the most tedious love triangles I've seen on TV.

Jeff Daniels is very good, but I don't care enough about the group to invest in another season.

5/10

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• mal 20 Sep 2012 18:51:09 22,842 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bad Education

Sit-com scripted by and starring Jack Whitehall. Now I've never enjoyed anything he's been in before, but this has been one of my favourite comedies of the last couple of months. All episodes should still be on iPlayer for a few more days I think. 9/10

Edited by mal at 18:51:25 20-09-2012

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Mr_Sleep 20 Sep 2012 19:01:24 17,387 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Battlestar Galactica s4- 9/10

Fast becoming one of my favourite ever tv series, I'm really looking forward to the final season now.
    Ummmm....

Edit: Ah, I didn't read the rest. It's rare to find someone who actively liked the last season, it's vilified a great deal.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 19:04:24 20-09-2012

You are a factory of sadness.

• Deleted user 20 September 2012 19:09:01
    I really enjoyed the season the whole way through. There were some lulls but they didn't detract from it at all for me. Some of my favourite episodes were in the the final season, and I thought the ending was great. I especially enjoyed the scenes between Adama and the president.
  • Mr_Sleep 20 Sep 2012 19:14:19 17,387 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fair play, I thought as a whole series it kind of lost its way after the third when "the plan" just kind of got forgotten about and then they moved on to some kind of messianic allegory.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very good set of series, it has a lot going for it but its has quite a few dips during every series and it ends on a bit of a whimper for me.

I would agree that the scenes between Adama and the president are pretty good, even if they're on the cheesetastic side :-)

You are a factory of sadness.

• Deleted user 20 September 2012 19:25:59
    I can see where you're coming from. I just got caught up in the whole thing(especially the characters) and loved it.

Even the cheese!

Edited by iHAZaCHEEZ3burger at 19:26:20 20-09-2012
  • TechnoHippy 22 Sep 2012 09:39:31 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mrs Browns Boys - Series 2

Quite amusing. I find it a good way to start a Saturday. Looking forward to more.

7/10

• TechnoHippy 22 Sep 2012 14:26:56 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Fades

Not a bad spooky TV show. It starts well and ends well. It dips a little in the middle, but not enough to stop me watching.

7/10

• TechnoHippy 22 Sep 2012 21:39:29 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Battleships

An interesting series about Battleships. There's something quite majestic about watching a broadside.

7/10

• polaris70 23 Sep 2012 01:06:48 290 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Newsroom 5/10

I really tried to like this and gave it every chance because I loved The West Wing from the same creator. But it was just flat. Jeff Daniels seemed to be going through the motions by the end of the series. The characters were cliched and more than that they were annoying. And some of the "save the day" episodes were cringeworthy and totally unbelievable. A shame as I was looking forward to it, but wont be watching again.
  • TechnoHippy 23 Sep 2012 13:16:15 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fawlty Towers - Series 1

Comedy genius.

10/10

• Page

of 100 First / Last