Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 37

• Page

of 98 First / Last

• Derblington 14 Jul 2012 10:58:58 22,099 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Happy Endings Season 1:

Very watchable sitcom, amusing and a nice cast. Good for filling the time between activities.
  • TechnoHippy 15 Jul 2012 11:46:04 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Prisoners of War

Much better than the American remake. It's more understated and does a better job of presenting the aftermath. An excellent series.

9/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• GrandpaUlrira 15 Jul 2012 12:14:06 3,752 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Enterprise S1

Quite dull at times, with some characters that they really seem to know how to use after the pilot. The time travel arc is disappointing. The Andorian episodes are the obvious standouts.

5/10

Enterprise S2

A definite improvement, as if the writers finally realised all the possibilities that a pre-Federation Star Trek series gave them. The characters act more like real people, with Trip almost like a surrogate for our 21st Century mindset, they find somewhere interesting to take both T'Pol's characters. It harks back to the original series as much as the Next Gen era, and even the Borg episode isn't as gimmicky as it sounds, and in context makes quite a lot of sense. Still not perfect, and the quality is patchy, but definitely not bad.

7/10
  • localnotail 15 Jul 2012 21:13:00 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I watched the whole series of Campus on 4OD last night. Much better than I had expected, reminded me in structure of Green Wing, same surreal performance element but dialed up higher. Engaging characters, nice script. Felt a bit like the ending was a "what the hell, let's have some fun" thing, as if they knew they weren't getting another series. Fun though, glad I've seen it. 8/10

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• MightyMetalMonkey 16 Jul 2012 14:55:34 600 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Eureka S2

Interesting. Still suffering from a 'disaster of the week' syndrome despite having an overall plot-arc this season. Get the feeling that the writers are scared to have any of their main cast do anything truly nasty.

Enjoyable, but light 7/10
  • beastmaster 16 Jul 2012 19:20:10 11,796 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The A-Team series 1 - 8/10

Yeah, nobody dies and all of Hannibal's disguises look the same but it's a LOT of fun. Murdoch is just fucking hilarious and this series includes the class episode where he dresses up as a bride.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• fletch7100 17 Jul 2012 20:25:20 7,435 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just started watching firefly on Netflix. 3 episodes in and enjoying it so far. Good interaction between the characters. No idea why this got cancelled. Just one thing has completely thrown me, the Alliance soldiers body armour and helmet is the same as starship troopers or it looks very similar.

Could have been a good cross over
  • Trowel 17 Jul 2012 20:43:08 18,016 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Sopranos S1 + S2 - 8/10 + 9/10

For whatever reasons, aside from the odd episode here and there I never followed The Sopranos when it was on, so enjoying a lot of stories I missed. Works far better for me as a box set where there's a better run at the character arcs.

"You know who had an arc? Noah."
  • overcorpse 18 Jul 2012 00:09:12 298 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Community S1 9/10
    Community S2 10/10
    Community S3 10/10

Some of the best comedy i have watched in years.If you haven't had the chance to watch it i highly recommend you do.

6 seasons and a movie!!

Nerf paper,scissors are fine as they are. - Rock.

• RMXtreme 18 Jul 2012 00:26:25 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Legend of Korra

That was excellent. Unfortunately it was only 12 episodes.

9/10
  • MightyMouse 18 Jul 2012 02:01:42 1,135 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Avatar: The Last Airbender - 10/10

I'd always assumed that it was a generic cartoon, but it's genuinely brilliant.
  • MightyMouse 18 Jul 2012 02:04:55 1,135 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RMXtreme wrote:
    Legend of Korra

9/10
    Though they're doing that dodge thing of saying it's one series in 2 parts, the second of which will air in 2013. Then season 2 will be another 26 episodes long.
  • Blakester 18 Jul 2012 17:22:19 3,651 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chuck Season 1

It's very entertaining in parts and the interplay between the three leads is well realized. There's an Alias vibe going on, but thankfully it doesn't revert to having every episode set in a bland warehouse.

I personally felt that the season reached a peak with the kiss between Sarah and Chuck. Everything after that was a bit of an anti-cimax and therefore the show fizzled out.

Can't say I'm overly excited at the prospect of season 2, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

7.5/10

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• BinaryBob101 18 Jul 2012 17:32:06 24,048 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MightyMouse wrote:
    RMXtreme wrote:
    Legend of Korra

9/10
    Though they're doing that dodge thing of saying it's one series in 2 parts, the second of which will air in 2013. Then season 2 will be another 26 episodes long.
    No, that's not right. Book 2 and 3 have just been given the go ahead for 20 episodes each.

Edited by BinaryBob101 at 18:10:06 18-07-2012

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• RMXtreme 18 Jul 2012 18:45:05 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nice, I rather liked the pace of the plot with just 12 episodes, but it didn't give the characters enough time to breathe.
  • TechnoHippy 22 Jul 2012 10:55:05 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mrs Browns Boys

Silly but quite amusing.

7/10

• DUFFMAN5 22 Jul 2012 11:15:05 15,217 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    life on mars series 1&2
    Excellent. I watched all of ashes to ashes first, and think it has the edge,because of the 80's setting and Alex of course.
    Gene is brilliant in all series but i have to say he is best in LOM. I also loved Ray.
    10/10

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• TechnoHippy 22 Jul 2012 15:07:08 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Firefly

No matter how many times I watch it, Firefly remains a great watch. Along with Millennium and Twin Peaks probably my favourite TV shows ever.The characters are well balanced and provide good dialogue and entertainment, the secondary characters as well, especially the bounty hunter in the final episode.It has good humour as well. Throw in some pretty ladies and the show has everything :-)

10/10

• TechnoHippy 22 Jul 2012 19:30:05 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Battlestar Galactica - Mini series

I've only watched Battlestar once, so I thought I would make my way through them all again. The mini series does a great job of setting it all up. The end battle is pretty cool as well.

9/10

• boo 26 Jul 2012 23:07:54 11,897 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finished two series today.

How I Met Your Mother 6

One of the most consistently funny series I've watched in ages. A couple of shaky eps along the way, but as ensemble casts go, the five are up there with the best.

Psych 4

Ok, so some of the storylines are a bit weak, but the gags come thick and fast, it's not afraid to send itself (and anything else) up, and while Roday might be chewing up scenery like it's going out of fashion, the rest of the cast don't get overshadowed.
    And when they do the odd 'serious' ep, like the series finale (Mr Yin Presents...), they make a decent job of it.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Tom_Servo 27 Jul 2012 01:08:01 18,083 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bored to Death Season 1 - 8/10

This is such good fun. If you don't know the premise this is it: Jason Schwartzman plays Jonathan, a writer who lives in New York City who, after being left by his girlfriend, becomes an 'unlicensed private detective' on the side. Zach Galifnananaikis (him out of The Hangover) plays his friend Ray, who is a comic illustrator struggling to make ends meet. Ted Danson is George, Jonathan's editor at the fictitious Edition magazine (kinda like a GQ sort of thing, which is Edition's rival in the show) and general ladies man.

It takes a couple of episodes to warm up, and I don't think it's quite as funny as it could or should be (there were times I was raising my eyebrow at good joke opportunities missed), but when it lands it really lands. The scene where Ray and George are in the car 'looking out' for Jonathan in the blackmailer episode had me in bits, for example.

It's generally very charming and enjoyable. It can be a bit smug and hipster-y sometimes (although some of it feels like it's making fun of typical New York hipsters, there's not really much doubting who a fair bit of the audience will be for this show. It's set in NYC, has Jason Schwartzman in it, and a large dashing of noir novels for goodness sake!), but it comes through it okay in the end.

Wasn't really a big fan of the season finale, TBH. No case for Jonathan to solve (well, there is a bit but not really)? Hmm.

Pick it up if you haven't seen it though. Going for a very reasonable rate on Amazon the last time I looked. Really looking forward to watching the second season.
  • Blakester 27 Jul 2012 09:46:56 3,651 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Entourage season 1

LoveFilm still helping me catch up on US series I missed first time around.

I must admit I didn't have high hopes for this. Having caught glimpses of it over the years it just seemed shallow and irritating.

Now I've seen it through, I think it actually has great characters all of whom have interesting arcs. Matt Dillon and Jeremy Piven in particular are fantastic! I also like the way each episode is wrapped up nicely, often with a laugh or feel-good moment. More than happy to go on to season 2.

8/10

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• TechnoHippy 29 Jul 2012 10:38:24 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Frozen Planet

The BBC do good nature programmes and this is no exception. Interesting to watch, with some stunning images. Excellently narrated as always.

8/10

• Deleted user 30 July 2012 12:07:28
    Battlestar Galactica s2- 9/10

The characters really standout this season with some great drama. I'm interested to see where s3 goes after the final episode but also slightly worried. The last 20mins seemed very rushed.
  • Kosmoz 30 Jul 2012 12:12:47 7,734 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Community - s1 - 9/10

Not a bad episode. Apparently the next two seasons are better. Can't wait! Watch it.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• Dougs 30 Jul 2012 12:19:22 69,034 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Smash - 7/10. Watchable drama about the staging of a musical about Marilyn Monroe. It's pappy, but appeals to the closet musical theatre fan in me. Already been renewed for a second season. Not for everyone, but happy to give in and watch this with the missus, one of the few that she really likes that I can watch.
  • TechnoHippy 30 Jul 2012 14:31:31 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Battlestar Galactica - Season 1

An excellent series, it has some great moments and interesting characters. A few good battles as well.

8/10

• TheSaint 30 Jul 2012 15:03:42 14,704 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Happy Endings Season 1:

Very watchable sitcom, amusing and a nice cast. Good for filling the time between activities.
    Finally a fellow viewer. Season 2 is even better.
  • TechnoHippy 4 Aug 2012 17:35:45 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Earth Flight

Interesting and has some wonderful photography, unfortunately the narration is a bit bland. Well worth watching though.

7/10

• Page

of 98 First / Last