Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only)

• Page

of 91 First / Last

Previous
  • Tonka 15 Apr 2011 08:27:44 20,010 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Right, since I've gotten loads of good tips from the film thread I thought this might be a good idea.
    Some rules
    FULL SEASONS ONLY this isn't for discussing single episodes etc
    NO SPOILERS UNLESS SPOILER TAGGED pretty obvious

I've seen quite a few now that I'm on parental leave so I'll get going

Sons of Anarchy S01
    Great series about a thinly veiled Hells Angels. A nice buddy feel to it. Good actors and nice plot. I was a bit sceptical thinking "What is there to say about a biker gang". Well, quiet a lot as it turned out.

Sons of Anarchy S02
    At first I didn't like how this season started out. The buddy feel of S01 is gone and there's power struggles and dark grittyness in its place. Then they chuck in some stellar episodes and well, it becomes really good. Still dark and moody. By the end thay fuck it all up so badly that I decided to skip S03.

Justified S01
    Light hearted new western. A US Marshal (I really need to look into the US law enforcement system as it's a mystery to me) is forced back to his home town in the boon-docks. It's a bit uneven with some really fun smart episodes and others that drag a bit. I think there's a bit too much focus on the romance bit. Looking forward to S02

Boardwalk Empire S01
    Absolutely brilliant. Some of the best TV I've ever seen. It's still early days but this could become a new "The Wire". Well, it might struggle with that since there is no modern day commentary. Still, fantastic. My only gripe is the obvious studio shots...

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Dougs 15 Apr 2011 08:38:51 66,648 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought the end of S2 of SoA was fantastic. S3 is a bit so-so though, they make a bit of a pigs ear of it when they take it to Ireland. To the point that I have 2 episodes to watch and have done for months and months. Normally would have rifled through it is no time.
  • Tonka 15 Apr 2011 08:51:41 20,010 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, that was what I feared. It all went out of the realm of the plausible for me. They just took it too far. I liked the small town feel.

Still two great seasons isn't too bad. And hopefully they'll rein it in for S04.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Dougs 15 Apr 2011 08:54:08 66,648 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It was more that it was badly done than the premise. And it's still a great show, better than most out there.
  • richarddavies 15 Apr 2011 15:21:42 2,581 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Boardwalk empire aswell. I like it but it is a bit too mellow for it's own good. Not alot happens. Is saved alot by a good budget and some cracking actors in it (Michael "flagulation" Shannon im looking at you). The last episode was a bit pants though. You kind of expect an explosive finale or cliff hanger on a show these days to make you come back come back next season but fuck all happens on it.
  • Scurrminator 15 Apr 2011 15:24:08 8,378 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Justified S2 is out and nearly finished - and is great!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• andywilkie35 15 Apr 2011 15:27:00 5,338 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    24 S1 - Fucking phenomenal television. Loses a point for the whole Teri Bauer amnesia plot though - 9/10

The Shield S7 - Fucking phenomenal television. Loses no points for being incredible. - 10/10

edit: spelling

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• figgis 15 Apr 2011 15:27:57 7,383 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Justified s01 - 7/10 OK and occasionally great. Looking forward to the next series.
    Civilisation - 9/10 Textbook style documentary series restored in HD from film, heavy going but very interesting.
    Bored to Death s01 and s02 - 8/10 quirky buddy comedy-drama, elevates Ted Danson into one of my favourite comedy actors.
  • DUFFMAN5 15 Apr 2011 16:15:13 14,393 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Peep Show series 7.
    Viewed over the last two evenings. I love all things PS but thought 7 was maybe the weakest overall, however upon re-watching I love just as much as the previous 6 series.

Not enough Johnson or Hans or Jeff though.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• BinaryBob101 15 Apr 2011 16:20:10 22,283 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Weeds Seasons 1-5

I just started watching this a couple of weeks back and absolutely love it. MrsBob does too so we've raced through five seasons and as yet haven't become bored. It's quite a nice companion piece to Breaking Bad - but much lighter in tone.

So, all in all Weeds comes highly recommended.

9/10

Beautiful tender beings.

• janos 15 Apr 2011 16:22:55 190 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mad Men S04. Not as fantastic as it used to be but still very, very good. Think the last season of Big Love shall be next.
  • fatboy996 15 Apr 2011 16:27:52 237 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Misfits S01 S02

Brilliant take on normal British geezers/gals getting super powers. I can't wait for S03.

S01 - 8/10
    S02 - 9/10
  • Deleted user 15 April 2011 16:31:52
    Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 1 to 7
    10/10
    Fantastic television.

• BinaryBob101 15 Apr 2011 16:33:11 22,283 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's a big shame that Nathan has left Misfits to go onto bigger and better things. It was always going to happen though, I suppose as he's a pretty talented actor.

Also, no way is season two better than one. No way.

Beautiful tender beings.

• Max_Powers 15 Apr 2011 16:59:32 1,083 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bored to Death Seaons 1 and 2 Both really great comedy series, looking forward to seeing Season 3. One of the biggest suprises for me lately
  • richarddavies 15 Apr 2011 17:06:05 2,581 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nathan's left the Misfit's? I didn't know that........Fuck.
  • Gambit1977 15 Apr 2011 17:14:59 9,583 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Livetext_beta_tester wrote:
    10/10
    Fantastic television.
    Loses it a bit in the 5th...but some of the funniest and most real tv ever. The restaurant opening is one of my favourite scenes I've ever seen.
  • BinaryBob101 15 Apr 2011 17:24:24 22,283 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    Nathan's left the Misfit's? I didn't know that........Fuck.

Yeah, they're introducing a new character in some webisodes later in the year.

For me, Nathan was pretty much the reason to watch Misfits, I probably won't bother with season 3.

Beautiful tender beings.

• alexc7496 15 Apr 2011 17:37:42 1,777 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Broadwalk Empire - Series 1

9/10 - For me the best show on TV for a while now. Great scene play and stories and happy there is going to be a series 2.
  • Tom_Servo 15 Apr 2011 17:42:35 17,299 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dexter - Season 1
    Amazingly good, I have no idea why I stopped watching it after the first few episodes. It had me gripped all the way through, and the final twist was great. Didn't see it coming at all.

I'm a bit into Season 2 now, and it isn't good. I like the main plot of Dexter's killings being investigated, but the introduction of the English woman at the Narcotics Anonymous meetings, and the storyline with Esme and her fiancee woes are rubbish. Thankfully, the latter seems to be over now.

30 Rock - Season 3
    Very, very funny. The first two seasons had a lovely atmosphere, but were rarely laugh-out-loud funny IMO. Season 3 regularly had me in stitches though. "Devil's avocado, Larry..." Even the episode with Steve Martin was ace! What next, a funny episode with Robin Williams?

King of the Hill - Season 1
    I adore this show. The jokes are clever, and the characters are more developed than most other animated comedies. Every character is likeable in their own little way. "Propane and propane accessories"
  • Deleted user 15 April 2011 17:45:17
    alexc7496 wrote:
    Broadwalk Empire - Series 1

9/10 - For me the best show on TV for a while now. Great scene play and stories and happy there is going to be a series 2.

This ^
  • Deleted user 15 April 2011 17:53:52
    The Shield complete series.

10/10 amazing in every aspect, the characters, the twists. You can tell the creators had the whole thing mapped out from the start. Very very tragic in places as well.
  • Deleted user 15 April 2011 20:58:09
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Livetext_beta_tester wrote:
    10/10
    Fantastic television.

Loses it a bit in the 5th...but some of the funniest and most real tv ever. The restaurant opening is one of my favourite scenes I've ever seen.

True perhaps, the seventh season was pure class though, as a Seinfeld fan. Larry trying to play George is perhaps the funniest thing ever shown on television.
  • Fletche 16 Apr 2011 10:11:55 3,418 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dexter series 2 Not quite as good as series 1 but not far off, great pacing and the Dexter character just gets better and better 8.5/10

Boardwalk Empire Very good, couple of episodes were a little slow but on the whole I enjoyed this and I'm really looking forward to the next series 7/10
  • Gambit1977 16 Apr 2011 10:20:46 9,583 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fletche wrote:
    Dexter series 2 Not quite as good as series 1 but not far off, great pacing and the Dexter character just gets better and better 8.5/10

Boardwalk Empire Very good, couple of episodes were a little slow but on the whole I enjoyed this and I'm really looking forward to the next series 7/10
    Dexter was let down by 'scuse my tits' bird...although she's hot in Spartacus! Third season is good but the fourth is great! (if I've got them in the right order haha!)
  • LionheartDJH 16 Apr 2011 10:24:47 19,359 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The X Files - 10/10

Shamelessly c & p'd from the X Files thread:

Season 1 - 9/10
    Fantastic opening with some very memorable episodes, definitely among my favourites.

Season 2 - 8/10
    Not quite as good as the first IMO, but still had some very good episodes.

Season 3 - 7/10
    Some good episodes, but some pretty weak ones too. Still enjoyed it, but not as good as most of the others, the bad episodes really drag it down.

Season 4 - 10/10
    Didn't realise at the time but looking through the episode guide there's so many I enjoyed in this season, just fantastic.

Season 5 - 8/10
    Generally good, though not up to the excellence of 4, some weak episodes bring it down.

Season 6 - 9/10
    Very well balanced season with some fantastic episodes, enjoyed almost every single one.

Season 7 - 8/10
    Mostly great with a few weak episodes in there, didn't appreciate the somewhat abrupt ending.

Season 8 - 10/10
    Just loved this one, Doggett's introduction freshened things up and changed the dynamic, the brief period he and Mulder worked together is some of the series' finest stuff.

Season 9 - 8/10
    Seems to get a lot of hate but I enjoyed it on the whole, some fantastic episodes alongside some admittedly weaker efforts.

Don't watch a lot of TV shows I have to say, but I absolutely love this one. Great characters, mostly interesting stories and a great structure with episodes divided between two different types (ones that deal with the main series plot and others with stand-alone investigations) keeps things fresh for the most part and you constantly wanting more. Definitely some weaker episodes/seasons in there as you might expect, but I'd still recommend it to anyone who has even a passing interest in what they may have seen of it.

She dives for cheese pasties

• RMXtreme 16 Apr 2011 16:22:26 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    An Idiot Abroad Season 1
    I rarely watch travel shows, but I liked Karl Pilkington on the Ricky Gervais show so I gave it a go and I ended up really liking the series. I found myself agreeing with Karl a worrying amount of the time though, as in almost all the time.
    8.5/10
  • Page

of 91 First / Last

Previous