of 132 First / Last

• Rodriguez 3 May 2013 14:06:35 1,080 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    :)

Thanks for putting that so succinctly.

Main game first it is then!
    Haha! Yeah, what OSS said pretty much! Plus the main game is really good anyway, loads of locations that you haven't visited yet Vortex!

I'd recommend if you want a bit of a challenge and haven't done so yet, go and clear out the Ancient Quarry that will then provide a link between Southern & Central Gransys and give you access to a new merchant!

I'll warn you though, there's some... surprises in there ;).
  • oldschoolsoviet 3 May 2013 14:40:52 5,415 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Now that's just cruel.......

:D

.....especially when you emerge on the other side, taking a wee stroll through the woodland, enjoying the sunshine.......

And a note for everybody.

Check your install data for the original DD isn't still installed. Certainly for the PS3 version, where DA will dump a huge 5GB install, rendering the original's 4.5GB redundant. You only need the save data from DD to obtain the bonuses. How it works on 360 considering disc installing and that I don't know, but someone could check the file sizes.
    Seems the whispers are that it's one explanation for the corruption occurring.
  • Rodriguez 3 May 2013 14:59:04 1,080 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Now that's just cruel.......

:D

.....especially when you emerge on the other side, taking a wee stroll through the woodland, enjoying the sunshine.......

Heh! A lovely stroll through scenic, tranquil Devilfire Grove the other side of the quarry, what could possibly go wrong :p?

RE: Game install - I made sure I deleted my full game install of the original DD (not my save data though obviously!) on my Xbox before I fully installed DD-DA and haven't had trouble thus far thankfully! I still made a backup to a USB drive the other day though, just to be sure!

Edited by Rodriguez at 14:59:49 03-05-2013
  • L_Franko Moderator 3 May 2013 15:02:38 9,689 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So trolls are giant horny sex pests? I'm sure I read on one of the little notes that pop up every now and then that they got nuts if a woman is in your party.
    I also notice that you can dress a man up in womans clothes.

I may be doing a little experimenting this weekend.
  • Shikasama 3 May 2013 15:09:37 6,277 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    A sentence that invokes much dread
  • Rodriguez 3 May 2013 15:18:38 1,080 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    So trolls are giant horny sex pests? I'm sure I read on one of the little notes that pop up every now and then that they got nuts if a woman is in your party. I also notice that you can dress a man up in womans clothes.

That's actually true! I've had my female pawn carried off by one of those things a few times earlier in my game and had to leg it to save her, the great dirty pervs :D!

The female clothes come in handy for a certain area in the game, just as long as all the males in your party are wearing them....
  • YenRug 3 May 2013 15:40:26 1,753 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rodriguez wrote:
    L_Franko wrote:
    So trolls are giant horny sex pests? I'm sure I read on one of the little notes that pop up every now and then that they got nuts if a woman is in your party. I also notice that you can dress a man up in womans clothes.

That's actually true! I've had my female pawn carried off by one of those things a few times earlier in my game and had to leg it to save her, the great dirty pervs :D!

The female clothes come in handy for a certain area in the game, just as long as all the males in your party are wearing them....
    Though be aware, any other armour worn by Pawns will be returned to their owners, as I recall, meaning you'll have to either re-equip them or drop and resummon them, afterwards.
  • fletch7100 3 May 2013 15:53:00 6,174 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ok laid the bait in Bitterblack Isle, killed the cursed dragon that turned up, went upto Rotunda of the Dead, killed the Wyrn that was there easy enough kept upstairs and shot downwards. Left the room and entered it again. Another Dragon with 2 Wights, massive lightining storm and 3 of my pawns killed in first few seconds, managed to revive them. Got the dragon done to about 1cm of health left and he regens health back upto 2 health bars. That broke me and couldn't deal him enough damage as he kept healing himself, had no silence potions left. Had to retreat as that battle may have gone on all night :)
  • TenderChicken 3 May 2013 15:53:05 686 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I found - and destroyed - a chimera in the wild last night. Quite the battle; the combat in this game is fantastic! Getting some real Dark Souls vibes from it.

Currently around level 25 and a magick archer - really enjoying the mix of raining death from long ranges then getting up close and personal when the need arises.

PSN: TenderChicken
    Xbox Live: TenderChicken1

• RedSparrows 3 May 2013 15:55:58 20,756 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think I prefer DD to DS - not that I want to start a big flamewar. I know DS is probably cleverer, and a 'better' game overall, but I much prefer DD's approach.

Anyway.
  • Kanjin 3 May 2013 17:34:09 961 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Okay got to the bit where a massive hole appears in the middle of Gran Soren (or however it spelt), taking the tavern with it

Is there anywhere nearby I can rest?

Edit: typo + added a bit.

Edited by Kanjin at 17:34:42 03-05-2013
  • Rodriguez 3 May 2013 19:08:23 1,080 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Kanjin

You've probably found your answer by now but just in case, the inn keeper has moved to the pawn guild! There's also a small camp across the field near an exit from the city that can be used too if I remember correctly.
  • SparkyMarky81 3 May 2013 20:45:16 528 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I love this game, I really do, but I can't agree that the combat is in the same league as Dark Souls. It doesn't have the same physicality or precision.

Button bashing can yield positive results in DD, whereas trying that approach in Dark Souls would have you dead in seconds against even the most pathetic enemy.
  • RedSparrows 3 May 2013 22:20:37 20,756 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I button bash on DS to kill the weak enemies. Just sayin'
  • Restart 3 May 2013 22:28:18 4,678 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had an interesting room full to bursting with skeletal makes, giant skeletons, banshees, and fat bloated poison zombies. As I was getting stuck in on them all, the game obviously thought it wasn't enough of a challenge, so spawned a cursed dragon directly on top of me which instantly killed me. :-[

I did actually manage to kill them all in the end though, so it was a happy ending after all!
  • Kanjin 3 May 2013 22:46:51 961 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rodriguez wrote:
    @Kanjin

You've probably found your answer by now but just in case, the inn keeper has moved to the pawn guild! There's also a small camp across the field near an exit from the city that can be used too if I remember correctly.
    Whoops I hadn't, oh god how did I survive in this game : D Cheers!

Cursed dragon, that sounds worse than a normal dragon. I ran afoul of a chimera, a gorechimera and assorted hell-hounds. I died, I died hard but I took a few of them with me. Then I tried again and got a dragon? It was fun, then next big room was a archhydra. I love the bosses in this game.
  • fletch7100 3 May 2013 22:59:18 6,174 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Level 90 and finally playing as a melee character. So used to sitting back and shooting spells everywhere so this will be very different :)
  • Rodriguez 3 May 2013 23:09:09 1,080 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got a room full of Eliminators and Banshees, this'll be fun :D
  • sirtacos 4 May 2013 00:35:29 7,205 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago

Edited by sirtacos at 01:02:21 04-05-2013
  • Restart 4 May 2013 00:53:59 4,678 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This week on "Pawns Do the Funniest Things" :

We watch in horror as pawns decide to randomly attack two chained up Gore Cyclops, freeing them both from their shackles whilst their master attempts to single handedly fend off two Eliminators!
  • JinTypeNoir 4 May 2013 06:22:31 4,365 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I went to see Iron Man 3 last night and my friends told me that if you wait after the credits there's usually some good stuff. While waiting, I noticed one name in particular in the credits.

Simon Parkin.

I know it isn't the same person, but it almost ruined my good mood right there.

In more positive news I just got to Bitterblack Isle. This whole new area reminds more of a rogue-like mixed with Dragon's Dogma rules, somewhat akin to The Nightmare of Druaga, if anyone's ever played that.

Edited by JinTypeNoir at 06:22:58 04-05-2013
  • Shikasama 4 May 2013 12:11:24 6,277 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Considering sping ut int Mysti Knight as a change of pace. What do yu tink Rd?

Of course I'm going to be mondo gimped because f my ranger/strider histry.
  • Shikasama 4 May 2013 12:13:40 6,277 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fuck. This. Keyboard.
  • Rodriguez 4 May 2013 13:34:30 1,080 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Shikasama

:confused:

If I've deciphered that post correctly Shika [;)] then I guess you could give it a go, possibly depending on any available equipment in storage? I managed to upgrade my Ur-Dragon Holy Mace to Silver level rarefy last night and it's hitting harder than ever!

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm in two minds about doing the opposite to you and trying Ranger, though again as mentioned above I'm not sure what equipment I've got available as I sell a lot of stuff that hasn't previously related to the occupation I've played as! The only other thing that worries me is whether an occupation change will have an affect on the weapon drops I might find in BI (I don't know if occupation dictates possible drops?), as I'd quite like a new BI mace and shield for Kyrk!

I managed to get a Barbarian Helm the other day and that just looks damn funky on him, even if it was high-level gear from the original DD. I've also got some immortal bracers yesterday like Bokur has got, so now have one part of some health regen armour which is mighty useful too!

I lost all my pawn team to a fight against Death last night, but managed to chunk away at him and got one bar of life off him at last, before he scampered off again! I'm really tempted by the max level Assassin augment called Autonomy which, as the name suggests, activates if you're alone without your pawns. Like Bloodlust, it grants a 70% increase to strength and magic and a 30 point increase to Defence & Magic Defence - not bad if you suddenly end up alone!

Edited by Rodriguez at 13:34:48 04-05-2013
  • fletch7100 4 May 2013 14:26:10 6,174 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    PT2 done of the main game

MASTER :)

Do like the Bioshock Infinte ending vibe to it
  • StarchildHypocrethes 4 May 2013 14:35:40 24,564 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just grabbed Dark Arisen.

Pfft. The new theme tune sucks :(
  • fletch7100 4 May 2013 14:43:52 6,174 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @StarchildHypocrethes

Just for you

• fletch7100 4 May 2013 14:57:44 6,174 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    New character for this playthrough:short,fat, strider in the Dukes clothes, can hardly see above the counter in the first tavern and has a voice like a chipmunk.
  • Rodriguez 4 May 2013 16:00:04 1,080 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Uh oh...:cry:

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s510/Chaos3ngine/CurseDragon01.jpg" />]
  • Restart 4 May 2013 17:27:49 4,678 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My pawn seems to be getting hired by every Tom, Dick and Harry since I gave him a set of rings which give him Grand Bolide, Grand Levin, & Grand Brontide. I've also just given him a new staff which puts his magic up to 2200+, as well as a robe which constantly regenerates your parties health.

Up to over 300,000 RC now because of it. Got 150,000 from one guy alone!
  • Page

of 132 First / Last