Dragon's Dogma Page 2

• Page

of 132 First / Last

• NOSAVIOUR 13 Feb 2012 08:05:16 2,802 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This looks great and enemy game with a lion/goat/cobra hybrid enemy has to be bought.

Especially loved the look of the combat, and platform abilities similar to Assassins.
  • Oceanstar 11 Mar 2012 04:15:05 94 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So the not only will the xbox version be getting the Resident Evil 6 demo first apparently it will also get timed-exclusive DLCs.

I was planning on getting the PS3 version but with this information I'm not sure. Is there a comparison video somewhere?

NNID: Oceanstar

• Lawrens 14 Mar 2012 17:28:31 398 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Oceanstar no idea about a comparison, since it's not out yet, but they've demo'ed both version in a few different videos, so you could probably see if they look/run good enough, at least it's a good sign that they're openly showing the ps3 version.

The live stream with itsuno is based on the ps3 version:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOgchg-az9k
  • YenooR 16 Mar 2012 08:07:50 526 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is there a release date for this?
  • fletch7100 16 Mar 2012 08:19:45 6,174 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    25th may says Amazon

Edited by fletch7100 at 08:20:05 16-03-2012
  • UncleLou Moderator 16 Mar 2012 08:21:18 35,172 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    May 25.

May is the new October. Diablo 3, Max Payne 3, Dragon's Dogma,...
  • Lawrens 23 Mar 2012 02:46:48 398 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yea May is packed.
    There's a new preview from OXM with light hearted commentary:

and a dungeon trailer:

Surprise me that this game isn't getting more talk, seems to be the best effort recently from Capcom, the Dragon's dogma threads on gaf are like ghost towns, same as here.

Edited by Lawrens at 02:47:09 23-03-2012
  • StackMonkey 23 Mar 2012 13:27:47 129 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    After seeing the new trailer on live I'm sold:-)

Complete sucker for J-Rock and JPRG's

Also loving the whole day/night thing that's also present in the Witcher Series.

Edited by StackMonkey at 13:35:31 23-03-2012

Stackmonkey

• RedSparrows 23 Mar 2012 14:12:19 20,756 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Like that gameplay preview - I hope there's more visual variety than what we see there, but it looks good.

Be very interesting to see reviews.
  • MrWonderstuff 23 Mar 2012 14:50:26 1,855 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks fab. Day 1 for me. Shame it's not coming out on the PC (as of yet).
  • RedSparrows 23 Mar 2012 15:02:02 20,756 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I like that you can grab on to stuff.
  • Rodriguez 23 Mar 2012 20:47:38 1,080 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Lawrens

Thanks for posting those vids, this has been off my radar for a while but it's looking like it's shaping up very nicely, and is perhaps the most interesting thing that Capcom have done in a while! It really does seem to have a Dark Souls vibe mixed with open world Elder Scrolls exploration, as mentioned in the OXM vid, whilst mainitaning some really interesting and unique features of its own.

Dragon's Dogma, Witcher 2 and possibly Risen 2, within a month of each other, it's a good time to be an RPG fan! Can't say it's great for my wallet though :-P
  • FanBoysSuck 23 Mar 2012 21:45:52 1,385 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I honestly can't wait for this, a game with dark souls gameplay but in an open world and with an actual story.

For the emperor!

• King_Edward 23 Mar 2012 21:49:08 11,454 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Looking forward to the story? You've played a Capcom game before right?
  • Dizzy 23 Mar 2012 22:23:45 2,443 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    LOoks totally ace tbh. Ordered.
  • Elathron 23 Mar 2012 22:30:06 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @NOSAVIOUR
    This looks great and enemy game with a lion/goat/cobra hybrid enemy has to be bought
    It's called a Chimera in Greek mythology.
    This game does look good but I think I'll wait to see the metascore before I purchase... It's onto a winner if it does turn out to be the hybrid of DaS/Skyrim that it looks like from the videos...

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• RedSparrows 23 Mar 2012 22:57:45 20,756 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I doubt it's going to get the same scores as either.

But that doesn't mean it won't be good.
  • Elathron 23 Mar 2012 23:04:43 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Indeedly doodly... The other reason for waiting is - bugs, I hate bugs. Bought so many games on day 1 only to find my char stuck in a. a wall; b. a dark void; c. behind a random piece of furniture; d. under the map.
    Also, with the tendency towards autosaving, these glitches can get pretty annoying when you can't undo your progress...

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Lawrens 23 Mar 2012 23:39:00 398 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only thing I'm scared of is the DLCs, I... never buy them so it kind of doesn't affect me in a way, but if there will be some kind of "ultimate edition" down the line and if I think the main game is lacking, I will be incredibly butt hurt about it.

As for bugs, I'm really interested in seeing whether or not it's going to be buggy, it might not have the same scope interms of quests and scripting as the Bethesda games, but it would be really interesting to find out how it compares, since people usually believe an open world RPG will "have to" have bugs due to its size.
  • Elathron 23 Mar 2012 23:45:39 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Games can have bugs - sure, I kinda expect them. But gamekilling bugs really get on my AA cup tits... And sadly not all dev's have the same attention to the little details. I work as a Quality Assurance exec and we have to be 99.8% accurate - let's face it, if games follow the same suit, that still leaves a 0.2% margin of error. And we're all very good at finding that 0.2%...

• FanBoysSuck 24 Mar 2012 08:35:15 1,385 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    yep, and I enjoy the super cheesy b movie style stories they always cook up. Life's too short for minimalist purposefully obscure arty fatty stuff ;)

For the emperor!

• King_Edward 24 Mar 2012 09:11:19 11,454 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FanBoysSuck wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    yep, and I enjoy the super cheesy b movie style stories they always cook up. Life's too short for minimalist purposefully obscure arty fatty stuff ;)
    As long as you're aware that ott self aware is the best you can hope for then you should be safe.
  • StackMonkey 26 Mar 2012 11:29:54 129 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Day 1 for me too.

Love how the party shout Cyclops as that beast approaches, the world just seems alive for want of a better word.

It looks like it has the same visceral combat and complete lack of hand holding that Demon Souls has, but within a huge sandbox world.
    Also thinking it has a Monster Hunter/Witcher type job system for hunting beasts.

Stackmonkey

• fletch7100 26 Mar 2012 11:33:51 6,174 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That video when it is nighttime and you can't see anything is going to make for some great gaming moments

Preorder with shopto with Risen2 and Witcher 2. Think bioware should look at Witcher 2 for Story telling
  • StackMonkey 26 Mar 2012 11:48:30 129 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @fletch7100 Agreed:-)

Yep, it actually looks really scary:-) Witcher 2 and Demon Souls did it perfectly, some areas are just no go until you think your good enough or not:-)

That trailer looks great, love the music and the CGI, it's just done so nicely. That song has me hooked.

Who said RPG's were dead, Witcher 2, Demon Souls, Xenosaga.
    Not actually tried Risen, but will remedy that.

Yeah I have Witcher 2 on PC, but got it ordered on 360 too, the combat is actually better on the gamepad as well.

Edited by StackMonkey at 11:55:55 26-03-2012

Stackmonkey

• RedSparrows 26 Mar 2012 17:24:11 20,756 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just wish at least one of your pawns could be a human co-op player :(
  • Oceanstar 26 Mar 2012 17:35:10 94 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    StackMonkey wrote:
    @fletch7100 Agreed:-)

Yep, it actually looks really scary:-) Witcher 2 and Demon Souls did it perfectly, some areas are just no go until you think your good enough or not:-)

That trailer looks great, love the music and the CGI, it's just done so nicely. That song has me hooked.

Who said RPG's were dead, Witcher 2, Demon Souls, Xenosaga.
    Not actually tried Risen, but will remedy that.

Yeah I have Witcher 2 on PC, but got it ordered on 360 too, the combat is actually better on the gamepad as well.
    Xenosaga:redface:

NNID: Oceanstar

• Rajin 26 Mar 2012 17:38:48 580 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That video almost sold me, wha'ts holding me back is the known issues of the ps3 with open worlds, potentional game breaking bugs, capcom dlc policy.

And there's no online co-op? Not even split-screen?

@Ocean

Xenogears probally:p Xenosaga, which i played in retrorespect and almost completed, is a bad game. Not sure about part 2 and 3 though.

Edited by Rajin at 19:00:28 26-03-2012
  • MatMan562 26 Mar 2012 18:10:05 1,909 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm really looking forward to this game. When I played it at Gamefest (or whatever it was called) the combat felt great, the 'pawns' were really helpful and the big battles felt truly "epic" (fighting the griffin seemed to take a good 20 minutes or so). So long as Capcom manage to make a decent open world and ensure the quests aren't too repetetive I can't see how this can go wrong, though I do agree with these:

RedSparrows wrote:
    I just wish at least one of your pawns could be a human co-op player :(
    Rajin wrote:And there's no online co-op? Not even split-screen?
    Has anyone heard an official reason as to why they're not implementing any form of co-op?

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Lawrens 26 Mar 2012 22:28:21 398 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MatMan562 wrote:
    Has anyone heard an official reason as to why they're not implementing any form of co-op?
    I think it was just the direction with the game they're going for, it was meant to be just oblivion inspired game with a mix of dragon age (without the micromanaging) with their own combat system, it's heavily based on responses like dodge and blocking since it's made by the dmc3/4 director, so he probably just wanted to make a SP action game without having to deal with the lags but in an open world.

I think their official word is that they just wanted to make a SP game with companions without all the hassles of people looking online for people with a specific class or skills, since you will be switching a lot due to the enemy weakness system, but they still wanted to add in some kind of social feature like demon's souls.

Anyway, there are 2 more videos from oxm, detailing Classes/Skills, and the Pawns system.

Edited by Lawrens at 22:33:06 26-03-2012
  • Page

of 132 First / Last