of 132 First / Last

• Notallowedhere 21 Sep 2012 14:10:01 94 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nice to see it's still being supported
  • Rodriguez 21 Sep 2012 17:19:31 1,083 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hellooooo... new expansion for this next year, nice! Think I'll be dusting off Orenda, Bunny and Bokur for some new adventures when it lands, to add to the 200+ hours I've put in already ;)
  • RinseWashRepeat 23 Sep 2012 12:13:49 38 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Am I missing something with this game?

I don't know where to get better armor or weapons. I managed to get one pawn at lvl 36 whereas all the new ones I bump into are level 11 at most.

I was wandering around, killing wolves, doing my thing, then invisible lizards turn up and destroy me.

Then there's the bit where I lose health, but then can't get healed back to full health. What's up with that?

I don't know. Best do some research and persevere I guess.

RinseWashRepeat.co.uk

• Persona 24 Sep 2012 00:00:57 85 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It depends on your lvl and on your team. You have to learn the best way to defeat the monsters and have a good team, can be very helpful.

About the armours, there's a few places you can go to buy better equipment, like Greatwall Encampment, but they are expensive and if you die on the Saurions, I doubt that you can go there.

If you have PS3 version and want help, add me. My pawn is a lvl 200 Archer with Bezel Crown. Every monster that she kill, you receive 5x exp. And I can give you some good equipment.

PSN ID: RS_Daimon

Edited by Persona at 00:02:04 24-09-2012
  • quadfather 24 Sep 2012 10:04:16 11,827 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RinseWashRepeat wrote:
    Then there's the bit where I lose health, but then can't get healed back to full health. What's up with that?
    This got me too.

Healing spells will only heal up to the end of the light grey part of your health bar.

To make the light grey part of the bar replenish to the full amount, you need to consume a curative.

If you find that your party aren't eating their herbs (make sure they have some in their inventory), do the "Help" command on the d-pad, which normally forces them to have a chomp

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• RinseWashRepeat 24 Sep 2012 22:54:21 38 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks for the tips. I've read up on it a little more and am willing to give it another couple of hours. I really WANT to like it, but with the huge backlog of games I've got, I can see myself moving on before it gets its hooks into me.

Shame.

RinseWashRepeat.co.uk

• Persona 25 Sep 2012 01:11:04 85 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The game is not difficult...really (except fighting dragons at low level). Try different vocations.

And don't forget, you can hire my pawn.
  • quadfather 25 Sep 2012 08:37:25 11,827 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @RinseWashRepeat - get yourself a decent party of 4 that complement each other, take on some quests and go for it. Once it clicks, say goodbye to daylight :)

• YenRug 29 Sep 2012 23:39:43 2,014 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Screengrab from Dark Arisen, posted by Capcom on FB:

• oldschoolsoviet 29 Sep 2012 23:42:13 5,457 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So.....4 Ur-dragons at once ? Or just undead ones ?

Either way, gulp !
  • Kew1Melon 8 Oct 2012 12:11:16 226 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Started Dogma on Saturday, got to around level 15 and I'm considering starting again now iv got the gist. Any tips on classes etc?

You have an imagination barrier.

• RinseWashRepeat 13 Oct 2012 11:40:03 38 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Have a healer. Always. Other than that, having a good range of classes can help, because you never know what you'll run into.

RinseWashRepeat.co.uk

• PenguinJim 18 Oct 2012 06:43:10 5,754 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Has everyone stopped playing this now? Barely a post since September! I've finally got my copy on the way, too (ordered due to this thread, mostly). :p

Anyway, those three "pre-order" DLC bonuses (armor, weapons, and 2,000 rift crystals) - should I redeem them? Do they harm the game by being overpowered? Or just make the first five-ten levels much easier before becoming useless?
  • DUFFMAN5 18 Oct 2012 07:09:27 14,393 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Has everyone stopped playing this now? Barely a post since September! I've finally got my copy on the way, too (ordered due to this thread, mostly). :p

Anyway, those three "pre-order" DLC bonuses (armor, weapons, and 2,000 rift crystals) - should I redeem them? Do they harm the game by being overpowered? Or just make the first five-ten levels much easier before becoming useless?
    I'm going to start again/carry on. I have not played for months. Redeem them

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• quadfather 18 Oct 2012 08:51:03 11,827 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @PenguinJim - haven't played for a while but its still on my radar. Dark souls pdt has got me at the moment. But I'll be back

• chrisno21 18 Oct 2012 10:25:50 1,463 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:

They barely help so it really shouldn't overpower you. Though in the begining the small help they give is more useful than not.

Enjoy the game, it's my fav so far this year. Am tempted to get it again just to try the DLC out.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• PenguinJim 26 Oct 2012 13:40:53 5,754 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks DUFF and chris! Redeemed and loading now. The main menu title music is... surprising. :D

Ah, crap, it's the demo again. :mad:
  • YenRug 26 Oct 2012 13:50:36 2,014 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Thanks DUFF and chris! Redeemed and loading now. The main menu title music is... surprising. :D

Ah, crap, it's the demo again. :mad:
    Yeah, unfortunately the control introduction part of the demo is in there at the start of the game.
  • drhcnip 26 Oct 2012 15:06:33 2,435 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    might pick this up again at some point...can't actually remember for the life of me why i stopped and sold it on in the first place, though....
  • Kanjin 28 Oct 2012 19:43:17 1,052 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just picked this up the other day! Currently lvl 12 and making my way towards ...Witchwood (sp?). Retreated once before because the bandits handed my ass to me.

Really enjoying it though. Excellent combat for an RPG. Can't quite decide if I like the speech style or not. Incredibly daft either way.
  • PenguinJim 29 Oct 2012 04:41:41 5,754 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm finding it surprisingly easy. My fighter was doing fine for a few levels, and then I switched to ranger and I'm having quite a lot more fun. I need to switch to strider as I notice my strider pawn got a stamina-boosting skill quite quickly, and my stamina bar is my bottleneck at the moment, but I don't really want to change at the moment. :p

Bandits, goblins, ogres, cylopses, chimeras... easy! Until last night I found a drake (proper dragon? After it eventually landed it looked slightly familiar). Apparently I'd exposed its heart, but even so, a full minute of thwacky action hadn't seemed to make much of a dent in its giant throbbing purple health bar, so I just ran away. He can wait. :)

I'm not sure what level I am.... maybe late 20s? I'm writ large. ^^
  • Shikasama 29 Oct 2012 08:29:26 6,605 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Kanjin wrote:
    Can't quite decide if I like the speech style or not. Incredibly daft either way.
    AUGHT AUGHT AUGHT AUGHT AUGHT AUGHT
  • RedSparrows 29 Oct 2012 11:36:24 22,030 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TIS A TROUBLING FOE
    no, it's a goblin
  • Restart 3 Dec 2012 15:08:17 4,704 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice. Downloaded the patch for this today, and after downloading it the game has yet again corrupted my character for the second time.

I really liked this game, but I'll be damned if I'm going to start all over again for a third time.
  • Shikasama 3 Dec 2012 17:15:06 6,605 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How is the hard mode people?

Am I going to be playing this again?

I'm not unemployed anymore so I won't be able to be your speed leveling source of inspiration :(

Although if Hard Mode is genuinely Hard I may be unemployed again shortly.

AUGHT
  • EMarkM 3 Dec 2012 17:33:07 3,173 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm still playing. My original character, now an assassin, level 24-ish. Not had any problems from the updates myself.

It'll keep me good until Xmas day when I get Dark Souls. Not going back to Skyrim (PS3) ever!
  • SilentTristero 3 Dec 2012 23:39:41 291 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just been handed a copy through Lovefilm, but really debating over whether I should start it or not...

Vaguely intimidated by the potential size and complexity, and I don't particularly want another game on my profile with 3 unlocked achievements and no hope of it seeing the disc drive again.

How rough is it, and is the degree of challenge pretty easy to manage? Is it the kind of game where a lot of the stuff is optional, and I can soldier on to the end in a week of evenings or so, or am I looking at a 50+ Hour commitment minimum?

Edited by SilentTristero at 23:42:15 03-12-2012
  • Kanjin 3 Dec 2012 23:54:36 1,052 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I can only answer the challenge question, and I've found it rather hard. I've only managed to get a few hours in mind. Other people on this thread say they've found it easy so, eh.
  • oldschoolsoviet 4 Dec 2012 00:06:36 5,457 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's difficult to begin with, easier through the mid-part, and by the end it'll be a cakewalk. As for time, think it verges on the 50+ I'm afraid. Might be do-able in 35ish, but you'd miss out on a lot of content. Much like Dark Souls, the story isn't deliberately laid out, and side-stories fill in a lot of gaps.

Actually, it'd be quite interesting to start now with some knowledgeable pawns, as they'd effectively lead you through the quests, with all the helpful pointers. You may end up with a different experience, but one I'd still recommend.
  • Shikasama 4 Dec 2012 20:17:06 6,605 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can't seem to find the hard mode/speed run mode update anywhere
  • Page

of 132 First / Last