Rugby World Cup 11

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • seasidebaz 5 Apr 2011 22:08:13 6,126 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sorry if this has already been posted but I'm so excited! 505 Studios are basically in with the developers of EA Rugby to make the official World Cup game.

The old Rugby games on Xbox and PC were awesome, hopefully this one will live up to expectations!
  • Zizoo 5 Apr 2011 22:30:17 8,232 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Great stuff.

Bokke!
  • Merlinho 5 Apr 2011 23:00:31 5,909 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmm interesting, I never got on that well with the EA rugby games, Lomu was better. The one thing any rugby game has failed to capture so far is the breakdown, which tended to form into inpromptu scrums on a lot of the old games, and tended to be unwinnable against "more superior teams".

I'll certainly have a good look at this.
  • RyanDS 6 Apr 2011 09:19:49 9,154 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finally!
  • Load_2.0 6 Apr 2011 09:38:04 19,092 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jonah Lomu Rugby and Sharne Warne Cricket were fiercly contested in my old student flats, all dirty tactics and exploits were employed constantly.

Now for a decent cricket game!
  • Jazzy_Geoff 6 Apr 2011 09:54:53 7,767 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    "hope not bill, that's the maternity ward"

LOLOLOLOL
  • StarchildHypocrethes 6 Apr 2011 09:59:52 25,497 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It was all about World Class Rugby on the Amstrad for me. I spent hours on that game and haven't played a rugby game since.

Will keep an eye on this.
  • Ultrasoundwave 6 Apr 2011 14:51:27 3,276 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Got any links to any information on this game?

Ive been screaming for a rugby game this generation for ages, very happy that there is now going to be one.

Just hope it doesnt suck.......

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• KD 6 Apr 2011 22:05:58 642 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I might be able to uninstall Rugby 08 soon then, still play it against my brother every now and then, top game once you work out the sidestepping and hand offs. Shame if they take out the club teams tho, got a great ospreys team built on 08
  • seasidebaz 7 Apr 2011 06:58:17 6,126 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    [link url=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-06-rugby-world-cup-2011-announced
    ]Front page[/link]

The main thing that concerns me is that they only won the licence on the 5th and so have around 4 months to make it. Not long at all...
  • Ultrasoundwave 7 Apr 2011 07:20:00 3,276 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    KD wrote:
    Got a great ospreys team built on 08

Im an Ospreys man myself, very surprised to find another fan here on EG

:o

Very unlikely you'll get club teams in this game. However, if 505 do a good enough job, maybe they'll get offered a contract to do a club version.

• y2rich 7 Apr 2011 10:56:22 1,390 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Didn't 505 make Backbreaker? Love that game
  • Res 7 Apr 2011 11:08:10 1,814 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    seasidebaz wrote:
    The main thing that concerns me is that they only won the licence on the 5th and so have around 4 months to make it. Not long at all...

I'd imagine (or hope) that they were already working on an unlicensed rugby game before buying it, rather than picking it up then desperately searching around for someone to develop the game.
  • Ultrasoundwave 8 Apr 2011 09:30:36 3,276 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So whats everyones hopes and dreams for this game then?

To be honest, the only thing i want is an accurate, realistic game of rugby. Nice graphics are important, but as long as this game nails the gameplay i'll be happy.

Id also like to see some innovation in certain areas - i dont like button mashing on scrums for example. These days, the main reason a scrum seems to collapse is due to the inability to bind properly, hopefully this can be incorperated into the gameplay.

Really not sure what to expect from 505. Their an italian company (so their love for Rugby should be sky high after the france win!) who have an office in Milton Keynes. Hopefully they've got the minerals to make a game us rugby fans deserve!

• StringBeanJean 8 Apr 2011 12:24:23 1,777 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't think rugby union works as a videogame. I'm a rugby player myself so not trolling here but the game is based so much on set pieces that are hard to replicate... the lineout, scrum, ruck, maul, the kicking game... it doesn't make for a fun experience. Rugby league on the other hand, could work as it's just about running angles, exploiting gaps and passing.
  • andytheadequate 8 Apr 2011 12:44:33 8,108 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    StringBeanJean wrote:
    I don't think rugby union works as a videogame. I'm a rugby player myself so not trolling here but the game is based so much on set pieces that are hard to replicate... the lineout, scrum, ruck, maul, the kicking game... it doesn't make for a fun experience. Rugby league on the other hand, could work as it's just about running angles, exploiting gaps and passing.

You could argue that rugby league works better as a sport in general for the reasons you mentioned...

/trolls
  • TOOTR 8 Apr 2011 12:47:30 9,513 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Another Ospreys fan here. \o/

I'm excited about a new rugby game too but I do agree set pieces are extremely difficult to represent in gameplay.

Button mashing not the way to go... Nor QTE for that matter. What do people think would be a good method?

And no, not kinect voice measuring the loudest swearing after ref says 'touch pause engage' ... ;)

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Roland_on_the_Ropes 8 Apr 2011 16:11:55 16 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @the ospreys fans

Hopefully they'll have Thomond Park in the new game so ye can finally experience what it's like to win there!

Sorry...;)
  • Jazzy_Geoff 8 Apr 2011 16:20:31 7,767 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
  • Jazzy_Geoff 8 Apr 2011 16:20:43 7,767 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
  • Jazzy_Geoff 8 Apr 2011 16:20:53 7,767 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gers
  • Ultrasoundwave 9 Apr 2011 07:22:17 3,276 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Roland_on_the_Ropes wrote:
    @the ospreys fans

Hopefully they'll have Thomond Park in the new game so ye can finally experience what it's like to win there!

Sorry...;)

Damn you!! ;)

Keep your dirty mits off our Tommy Bowe too!, i'll think you'll find hes got a solid Welsh accent now, so hes not going anywhere.

(also, his missiz is quite possibly the hottest woman ive seen in my life)

• Merlinho 9 Apr 2011 07:52:08 5,909 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm a sort of Ospreys fan...I was a Bridgend, then Celtic Warriors fan but since their demise, I find myself supporting the Ospreys as the only true region (and technically I'm part of their region). Doesn't quite feel the same though.
  • KD 9 Apr 2011 13:26:37 642 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tbh they could wrap up the rugby 08 game in pretty new graphics with the same gameplay and i'd be happy, its just been so long since I've had a console rugby game.

As for the ospreys they are my local team and a couple of players from my area play for them like hook and hibbard in paticular who I know.
  • Ultrasoundwave 2 Aug 2011 23:07:22 3,276 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, ive downloaded the demo off xbox live and im not impressed - shabby visuals, poor animations and dull presentation. Thank god Rugby Challenge is also coming out, it looks 100 times better than this pap!

• dnbuk 2 Aug 2011 23:08:01 4,943 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Demo is on the 360 marketplace. I had a little go earlier and it's not too bad.
  • Zizoo 3 Aug 2011 09:34:31 8,232 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Damn. Will try the demo anyway.
  • Ultrasoundwave 3 Aug 2011 09:46:29 3,276 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, still got the same feelings after sleeping on it :

Its not terrible (or unplayable) but it leaves a lot to be desired. It may be my own fault because my expectations were to have the Rugby equivalent of FIFA, which it sadly isnt anywhere close to.

Its lacking quality and polish, but no doubt it will be a good option to stick on at half-time when a few of the lads come around to watch the World Cup.

Like i said before though, luckily Rugby Challenge is coming out soon. Judging by the gameplay trailers, it looks vastly superior to this game.

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous