The Killing (Forbrydelsen)

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 2 April 2011 13:08:55
    no thread on this absolutely brilliant danish crime drama? first series finished recently on BBC 4 and the DVDs should be out soon

just up to episode 11 myself where troels was just taken away by the rousers for questioning.

no one else watching?
  • phAge 2 Apr 2011 13:11:48 24,372 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    OLD!

(Sorry. Didn't watch it when it ran here, but I've heard good stuff).
  • LFMartins 2 Apr 2011 13:12:54 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Funny timing, the US remake starts on AMC tomorrow and it´s getting excellent reviews.
  • Deleted user 2 April 2011 13:16:28
    DVDs out soon, AMCmake airing tomoz, ideal time for a (albeit admittedly belated) thread...

is it on series 3 in denmark? and are there english subbed rips of series 2 around?

WHO DID IT
  • phAge 2 Apr 2011 13:18:39 24,372 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    cozeny wrote:

is it on series 3 in denmark? and are there english subbed rips of series 2 around?
    Only 2 seasons made so far, AFAIK.
  • steellam 2 Apr 2011 14:23:28 1,045 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I acquired the full series after watching the first 2 on bbc4 - fantastic series.
  • President_Weasel 2 Apr 2011 15:12:02 9,376 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I ran out of attention span after 6 or 7 episodes: STOP TALKING LIKE YOU HAVE A HOT POTATO IN YOUR MOUTH AND JUST TELL ME WHO DID IT!
  • freedumb 2 Apr 2011 20:21:14 1,110 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    To quote myself from yesterday's Iplayer thread:

[Quote]Just caught up and finished The Killing on Iplayer, after I stumbled upon episode 12 a few weeks back on BBC4. Definitely one of the top police dramas I've seen.[/Quote]

It's up there with the best US shows IMO, for character development and storytelling.
  • morriss 2 Apr 2011 20:25:00 71,034 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Saw it over here when it was first shown. It's brilliant.

/knows who done it
  • morriss 2 Apr 2011 20:26:08 71,034 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    phAge wrote:
    cozeny wrote:

Only 2 seasons made so far, AFAIK.
    3 is being filmed ATM.
  • Deleted user 2 April 2011 20:28:44
    awesome

I think I know who did it but it's always switching up on you
  • urban 6 Apr 2011 10:17:34 10,945 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's Danish? I've just finished watching the Première of the AMC remake, now I'm torn about which one to watch!

AMC seem to have done a good job with it. American's can't help but rehash shit though huh?

Girl with the dragon tattoo Director has a point
  • President_Weasel 6 Apr 2011 10:22:14 9,376 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fincher is a decent director though, so assuming someone with half a clue is in charge of casting, and they don't give the script to a succession of coke-addled idiots who decide to take the dark stuff out and, hey why don't we set it in a zoo and make it a comedy?, it might end up being just about as good as the original version.

• yupyup 6 Apr 2011 10:22:20 3,682 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Watched episodes 1 & 2 of the American one, really enjoyed it.

Hands Off Our Penises

• TheSaint 6 Apr 2011 10:23:09 14,477 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I missed the original but thought the first couple of episodes of the AMC remake was pretty good. Is the first series of the original available from the usual places?
  • BinaryBob101 22 Apr 2011 00:10:17 23,144 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Killing from AMC is utterly compelling, I haven't seen the original, but this demands attention. Brilliant acting and very absorbing, the pacing is almost glacial, but the characters draw you in so far you'll either be hooked after the the first two episodes, or your fucking dumb.

It's bleak and oppressive stuff, it rains constantly and it won't leave you feeling good, but it's the ultimate antidote to bullshit fodder such as CSI and the rest of the sci-fi crime shows that infest TV with utter tripe.

Brilliantly horrific.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Khanivor 22 Apr 2011 00:14:26 40,847 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, been enjoying this so far. Forgot to watch it on Sunday as some total bastard suggested the pub instead :)
  • BinaryBob101 22 Apr 2011 00:21:15 23,144 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What an utter cunt. ;)

I have the first four episodes, but MrsBob and I could only go as far as the pilot as I felt a bit mentally wrecked! Having kids makes you think too much with stuff as powerful as this, and one episode a week is about right I reckon.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• BinaryBob101 9 May 2011 16:19:38 23,144 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So, is nobody watching the US version of this apart from Khani and I?

It really does deserve a bigger audience.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• LFMartins 9 May 2011 16:53:10 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It´s quite good, it actually makes me like Mondays now because I know that when I get home from work I´ll have a new episode to watch. Can´t wait to watch last night´s episode, the ending of the last episode was extremely tense.
  • yupyup 9 May 2011 16:53:44 3,682 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The fact the thread is for the original and not the US remake probably isn't helping it. I've not watched the latest episode, but enjoying it otherwise.

Hands Off Our Penises

• LFMartins 14 Jun 2011 00:41:15 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Good news for anyone watching the US remake, it has been renewed for a second season.
  • Deleted user 14 June 2011 00:44:45
    Thank god, I thought they'd remade the Kubrick film there for a second. With Jason Statham.

/pats brow
  • Orange 14 Jun 2011 00:44:53 4,822 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Think with the next season I'm going to save the episodes, then watch it all in bursts. Not sure I could handle one a week :p
  • TheSaint 14 Jun 2011 12:23:42 14,477 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't believe the AMC version got renewed for a second season, I'm only watching now to find out who did it. It started so well but seems to be getting worse every week.
  • BinaryBob101 14 Jun 2011 14:00:52 23,144 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rubbish. Apart from the missing kid episode, which was strangely self-contained and a bit crap as the whole show was put on pause so close to the end, it's been an excellent show.

Also, I'm pretty pleased I nailed it as soon as Orpheus was mentioned in the last episode.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• TheSaint 14 Jun 2011 14:29:38 14,477 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Each to their own I suppose.

The political sub plot is totally pointless and the whole show relies on a twist at the end of each episode that is usually undone within the first ten minutes of the next.

Leads are introduced and then totally ignored (what happened to the murdered girl's friend who was in the first couple of episodes or the fact that Rosie was found with her dads bank card?). The main detectives son leaks crime scene photos to the press with no come back?

Even Holder who appeared to be the most interesting character in the first couple of episodes has descended into clichés.

Most of my frustration comes from wasting over half the series on the teacher and everything relying on totally unrealistic coincidences.

Not seen this weeks yet so I guess some of the points I mentioned could have been answered.
  • Khanivor 14 Jun 2011 14:38:08 40,847 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Watch this week's episode then.
  • BinaryBob101 14 Jun 2011 14:44:23 23,144 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, what Khani said. Riveting, tense stuff. The final couple of minutes were on a par with the final denouement in this week's Game of Thrones. There's some proper good telly about at the moment, we're lucky, as these shows finish Breaking Bad is back soon to step in.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• TheSaint 16 Jun 2011 11:33:46 14,477 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well finally watched this weeks and it was much better than the week before but still pretty poor.

Ignoring the stupidity of her emailing the address and police techs being confused by websites 'forwarding', are we really meant to believe that this guy would close his account on the site yet leave it set up in his outlook along with overly loud new email notification sounds?

AMC are raving about how not even the actors knew who the killer was but that seems to be the main problem, we haven't even seen a hint of a dark side to Richmond's character and now we are suddenly meant to believe he has a drowning fetish? I'm sure he didn't actually do it though as murdering a girl and then leaving the body in a campaign car would possible be the most stupid plot hole yet.

Jamie or Drexler would have to be the current favourites but part of me thinks they will have a last episode twist and go down the Norman Bates / Belko route.

Apparently this stage in the Danish version was only about half way through the story so I'm really worried we aren't even going to find out who did it next week.

Also how cool was the swimming pool in the celling? Apparently that was filmed in the penthouse of one of the waterfront hotels in Vancouver.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous