StreetPass Meets Page 2

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• mal 12 Apr 2011 10:05:09 22,334 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The streetpass ads show it working between pedesrians and cyclists, though I've never had a hit when I'm cycling. Although that probably doesn't mean anything as I've never even got a hit sitting at the lights.

Hmm, on second thoughts I did get a hit on my bike when I was in Brighton. It probably helps that the cycle path goes through the middle of the pavement where the promenade is there.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Blakester 12 Apr 2011 12:11:49 3,573 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just spent a long weekend in sleepy Suffolk which seriously stunted my quest progression. I guess pensioners just aren't into the 3DS.

Back in the smoke today and hits ahoy. Completed the Kirby puzzle and not on the first floor of the tower.

Really hope future firmware updates add more RPG-style games to streetpass.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Midgar777 12 Apr 2011 18:57:19 472 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Managed to get 2 at University today! haha Well exciting!
  • rickimalone 12 Apr 2011 21:21:16 15 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    7 so far on my commute to and from London each day.
  • chrisduffer 13 Apr 2011 14:23:17 51 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    22 hits and 18 in the plaza from wandering down Oxford Street a few times. I like how they level up when you get the same 3DS more than once.

There must be some lulz to be had from the greeting messages. Dunno what though.
  • lexxx 13 Apr 2011 15:37:09 164 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    hmm i live and work in central london and i have had a massive 6 hits!
  • lexxx 13 Apr 2011 15:45:13 164 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mal wrote:
    The streetpass ads show it working between pedesrians and cyclists, though I've never had a hit when I'm cycling. Although that probably doesn't mean anything as I've never even got a hit sitting at the lights.

i was hoping that would be the case cos i cycled down oxford street, past hmv & game, etc, and not a sniff!
  • mrpon 14 Apr 2011 13:26:05 28,437 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    As I'm sure has been mentioned, this StreetPass chuff is ingenious. Gets kids active (pedometer) and entices you to take the 3DS everywhere (StreetPass). My only issue is I'm following kids around thinking is that bulge a 3DS?

No change there then ;)

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• acousticwilliam 14 Apr 2011 15:00:59 778 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Say, you guys haven't met 'Willum' yet have you? (me).
    Passing through Farringdon each day and occasionally central I've met 9 people so far.

I didn't think much of Streetpass to begin with but have changed my mind. I also think it's an ingenious feature - let's hope they do something really epic with it so it doesn't fizzle.

NNID: Willum

• mrpon 14 Apr 2011 15:28:55 28,437 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Think the SP Quest is fairly simplistic? Think again, nice article on pocketgamer with spoilers ahoy, but shows how indepth the questing is.

Talks about the differing magic attacks and the hats.

• jonsaan 17 Apr 2011 13:12:07 25,326 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    erm. So I got a green light after going into a game store. So then I went to Street pass quest and it said I've met nobody? Now the light is gone. What did I do?

Don't want to read the fecking manual frankly.

FCUTA!

• CosmicFuzz 17 Apr 2011 13:14:03 23,189 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Didn't realise you had to activate streetpass in the menu! Maybe now I'll get some hits...

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• jonsaan 17 Apr 2011 13:15:40 25,326 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh wait. looked in my notifications and it said RRacer, do you want to deactivate street pass for this title? WTF?

FCUTA!

• riz23 17 Apr 2011 13:29:00 1,150 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So you now have a ghost time to race against in RR jonsaan. Not sure why the mii is not in your street pass plaza though?
  • jonsaan 17 Apr 2011 21:22:37 25,326 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ahaa. Cool(ish) I suppose. I wanted a mii!

/sulks

FCUTA!

• DFawkes 17 Apr 2011 21:39:11 22,592 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mii Plaza and Ridge Racer are separate games, so you can activate them separately - why would someone just switch on Ridge Racer but not Mii Plaza though? I'm guessing it has to be someone that just got it and doesn't even know it exists. Otherwise they're a big meanie for not helping you with your current jigsaw and questing efforts.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• jonsaan 17 Apr 2011 21:42:19 25,326 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jigsaw is pissing me off. Duplicate pieces is a really shitty idea..

FCUTA!

• Pirotic Moderator 17 Apr 2011 21:46:08 20,646 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    lexxx wrote:
    mal wrote:

i was hoping that would be the case cos i cycled down oxford street, past hmv & game, etc, and not a sniff!

It depends how fast you are going, we put a system in debug mode at work and had a nosey at how it worked and it listens constantly but only broadcasts very sporadically, sometimes it goes 20 seconds without broadcasting. I guess the theory is you only need one of the two to broadcast for the sync to take place, but in practice you can be right next to someone for 20 seconds and not get a hit if your unlucky with the timings.

If you go out of range before the sync is completed it's null and void, and a system can only sync with one other system at a time. The firmware seems to limit it to 10 syncs per sleep cycle, not too sure why - it doesn't seem to process the data until it's pulled out of sleep so I guess it's to stop it becoming too unresponsive.

The broadcast range of the system also seems to be reduced from normal WiFi mode, I guess they put the chip on a low-power mode or something, the limit dropped from like 20 feet to a few feet once it was in a hardcase and a coat pocket.

It's a great concept, but it seems the concern for battery life has somewhat crippled it for now.

It seems you can only have 5 games set up for street-pass at a time too, not that it's too much of an issue at the moment but once I get a larger collection it will kind of suck to have to disable the earlier titles.
  • DFawkes 17 Apr 2011 22:05:29 22,592 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well that was sneaky, suggesting you could have 12 titles at once and giving space to save 12, but only supporting 5. I know they never actually said those 12 could be simultaneously, and I only have the 3 games, but still.

EDIT: Actually they did say that in press releases, like this one.

I suppose parts of that can be updated though as time goes by.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Pirotic Moderator 17 Apr 2011 22:51:04 20,646 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tons is missing from the current firmware, will probably all get patched back in before anybody notices.
  • mrpon 17 Apr 2011 22:56:42 28,437 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How long do you have to be in range for a StreetPass Piro?

• CosmicFuzz 18 Apr 2011 07:06:07 23,189 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just to be clear, do you need wifi on in sleep mode for streetpass to work?

• jonsaan 18 Apr 2011 12:29:47 25,326 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes. You must do surely. Unless it uses some kind of unheard of tech. It has an infrared port but that needs line of sight.

FCUTA!

• CosmicFuzz 18 Apr 2011 12:45:04 23,189 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aye you're right, just doesn't seem to say it anywhere. Would also help to explain my (still) zero streetpasses :(

Am just a bit scared I'll either run out of battery or cause the glitch in Ghost Recon, not had any problems yet and just hit 18 hours.

• mal 18 Apr 2011 13:03:40 22,334 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Jigsaw is pissing me off. Duplicate pieces is a really shitty idea..
    This. Whose idea was that?

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Kay 18 Apr 2011 13:40:45 17,761 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pirotic's post probably explains why I haven't had a single hit so far in two days of carrying the 3DS on my commute, despite walking past hundreds of people. Maybe I'm just walking too fast? Anyway, the service definitely has potential, hopefully it'll pick up as more people get 3DSes. In the meantime I'll have to make do with all the play coins I've been racking up.
  • riz23 18 Apr 2011 14:12:18 1,150 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have completed the Legend of Zelda puzzle and the 3D on it is awesome. Swords & sparks coming out of the screen! I also have pikmin, Kirby, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario & Bowser and Super Mario Bros Wii to complete. Can't wait!
  • Blakester 18 Apr 2011 15:06:55 3,573 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    riz23 wrote:
    I have completed the Legend of Zelda puzzle and the 3D on it is awesome. Swords & sparks coming out of the screen! I also have pikmin, Kirby, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario & Bowser and Super Mario Bros Wii to complete. Can't wait!

You're not wrong, the zelda animated pic is the one I use to show off the 3D effect to friends. I can watch it for ages!

Unfortunately the Kirby picture is really poor when completed, a waste of puzzle pieces.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• CosmicFuzz 18 Apr 2011 16:36:19 23,189 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    YES! Met 3 people today at the shops :D

Think it was most likely when browsing in Game. So very cool! Loved the puzzle bits and the RPG game. Really didn't expect to get into it so much, is a great little fun addition.

• GreyScale 19 Apr 2011 11:08:36 392 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've encountered the same guy 3 times on streetpass now. On the last time he sent me a message saying 'I can see you'.

/turns streetpass off
  • Page

of 6 First / Last