PS3 Error Code 8001000A

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Jmek 24 Mar 2011 19:25:55 1,327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Come gather ye round and listen to my tale of woe & mystery.....

I've had a PS3 now since 2008 a nice fat 60GB version. Last year around October I started to have problems with connecting to my wireless router until the PS3 would not connect at all. Not only would it not connect it wouldn't scan for networks coming up with the message "cannot find access point" "connection error 800100A".

The upshot is that I had the unit replaced for a reconditioned one as I have continuous play. That one YLOD on me within two months, so I had it replaced again. Two months later that one ended up with the wireless 800100A again so I had that replaced and now 20 days later yesterday I had the dreaded 800100A again!

The thing is that 800100A apparently has nothing to do with with the router. The definition on Sony's web site is to quote "Summary Failed when transferring data. Description The PlayStation 3 fails to completely transfer data to an external storage drive (i.e., external USB hard drive, media card, etc).
    Solution
    - Make sure the external storage drive is plugged in properly or was not removed too soon. Repeat the transfer again."

I have no external drives etc. connected to my PS3!

I changed my router last night to a brand new BT Home Hub 2.0. The Xbox works fine, as does the lap top and Mac book. The PS3 won't even scan to be able to pick it up! I called Sony support and they don't have a clue. I explained that i really don't want to send it back again so they're going to get a technician to call me at some point over the next couple of days. But the upshot is they're foxed.

Has anyone got any Idea what the problem could be, because I've read of several on the net and none of them work? Sony themselves don't seem to know what the problem or the solution is but there must be a reason why this keeps happening?

• OmniaVincitAmor 24 Mar 2011 19:27:22 1,518 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    is it switched on?

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• Jmek 24 Mar 2011 19:36:50 1,327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OmniaVincitAmor wrote:
    is it switched on?

Cunny funt!
  • OmniaVincitAmor 24 Mar 2011 19:39:33 1,518 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Jmek wrote:
    OmniaVincitAmor wrote:
    is it switched on?

Cunny funt!

just teasing :) mine did this too but it was only for a short period of time. when it happened to me i just started up the internet connection process from scratch and then it seemed to connect.

feel bad for you though - not a good sign when Sony doesn't even know what the problem is :(

• Jmek 24 Mar 2011 19:51:03 1,327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OmniaVincitAmor wrote:
    Jmek wrote:
    OmniaVincitAmor wrote:
    is it switched on?

Cunny funt!

just teasing :) mine did this too but it was only for a short period of time. when it happened to me i just started up the internet connection process from scratch and then it seemed to connect.

feel bad for you though - not a good sign when Sony doesn't even know what the problem is :(

No probs bud, taken in jest. It's just bizarre that it's happened to me four times now. It can't be the router, but the chances of four PS3's developing the same fault must be astronomical. I've gone beyond getting stressed and angry. I'm more resigned and intrigued now.
  • Dougs 24 Mar 2011 19:51:48 67,630 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Does it work wired?
  • OmniaVincitAmor 24 Mar 2011 19:54:25 1,518 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    you havent got extra security set up on your wireless router have you? or reset it to factory settings since before the problems?

• Jmek 24 Mar 2011 19:57:13 1,327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Does it work wired?

Nope. You get the same error code.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 24 Mar 2011 19:58:41 1,518 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    the only way to find out which end is the problem is take it to a friends house. if it connects its modem. if not PS3.

• Jmek 24 Mar 2011 19:58:51 1,327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OmniaVincitAmor wrote:
    you havent got extra security set up on your wireless router have you? or reset it to factory settings since before the problems?

Nope, as I said I actually changed the router for a brand new one I had spare. So it can't be a problem with the router, as far as I can tell?
  • myiagros 24 Mar 2011 20:08:40 1,346 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I used to get this error intermitently but found giving my PS3 a static IP address rather than letting the router allocate one through DHCP helped greatly.
  • Jmek 24 Mar 2011 21:03:48 1,327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    myiagros wrote:
    I used to get this error intermitently but found giving my PS3 a static IP address rather than letting the router allocate one through DHCP helped greatly.

Errm, how do you mean? I've tried setting the wireless up manually, but no dice it still won't connect. Do you mean setting up the PS3's IP address to the router itself manually?
  • Dougs 24 Mar 2011 21:44:35 67,630 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Assign the PS3 a static IP through your router. Make sure the right ports are forwarded too.
  • karl_uk 24 Mar 2011 23:25:52 60 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago

If you do NOT have a DMZ Mode on your router look into getting a different Router that has one

• Kill_Crazy 25 Mar 2011 07:57:31 2,308 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jmek, in your router settings there will be a section that's called something like "LAN IP SETUP". Look in here and it should show a list of connected devices. Look for your ps3's MAC address and assign an IP address to it (i.e. if your router is 192.169.0.1 then assign 192.168.0.2/3/4 etc to the ps3).
    Now find the DMZ option (sometimes under advanced settings) and enter the IP you gave to the PS3. Save options/ restart router and give it a try.

P.S. Due to your initial problem you may not even be able to see the PS3 within the router settings, in this case, sorry, i can't help :(

Let us know how you get on.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next