Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars Page 2

• Page

of 3 First / Last

• mal 29 Mar 2011 13:27:36 22,336 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shush, I'm waiting for this game to drop in price before I can afford to get it. A- ratings aren't helping ;)

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• mal 29 Mar 2011 13:39:01 22,336 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've not paid more than 25 quid for a game since mid PS2/xbox/gamecube gen. Don't forget it's a ubisoft game, and ubisoft games always drop like a stone at retail after a month or two.

• matt6666 29 Mar 2011 20:44:57 2,620 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So.. Like... Crash bugs and no patch mechanism?

nice!!
  • redcrayon 2 Apr 2011 10:50:21 4,544 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Getting some really heavy battles on this now- there's one later on in a trainyard, with an allied group of partisans that took me about 4 trys to beat.

Great stuff. Got my own drone now too.

What do people think about the equipment choices- do you go for lighter armour and higher movement, or heavy armour? Without knowing the objectives before choosing your kit, it makes it a bit tougher.
  • redcrayon 2 Apr 2011 10:50:25 4,544 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • redcrayon 3 Apr 2011 22:41:07 4,544 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished at last! A shade over 27 hours to beat the campaign all in all.

I stand by my intial impressions really- graphics aren't great, and the plot is generic US military bobbins, but the gameplay is brilliant. You get a good mix of offensive and defensive scenarios, which makes a change from SRPGs where your 6 guys always have to rush a more numerous, entrenched enemy force.

There's a couple of cool missions later on where they drop in two friendly Ghost drones for you as allied units that your engineer can repair, they were my favourite battles. Most of the time I split into two teams- Banshee running around on her own, with her knife and the optical camo, and everyone else. She's death on legs once you get the upgrade for extra power points per knife kill, at one point she was killing 2 guys a turn with a fruitknife!
  • Blakester 4 Apr 2011 09:26:25 3,573 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I got this on Saturday.

Stood at the Gamestation counter with my voucher deliberating for ages between this Ridge Racer and SFIV (the bell-end behind the counter was desperate for me to buy Lego Star Wars).

Anyway, it's great isn't it.

I really can't understand why anyone would say the graphics aren't good. I think they're superb, and combined with the 3D it's like you're peering through a piece of glass at a miniature world.

Also wanted to give a shout out to the general front-end presentation which looks great and makes nice use of the 3D. There is something so satisfying about seeing seeing text on a different plane from the background.

That's my commute sorted for the next few weeks at least.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• CosmicFuzz 4 Apr 2011 09:31:05 23,192 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yup totally agree with all the points there Blakester. The 3D effect really is like looking though glass, and the text effect is ace. Loving the game.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• RyanDS 4 Apr 2011 09:40:04 9,061 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anybody who has finished this fancy doing a loan swap for Ridge Racer for a few weeks?
  • riz23 8 Apr 2011 11:45:53 1,150 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    BeheretiK wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Also, has anyone else experienced this crashing and losing all your level progress? It's happened to me twice. That'll teach me not to save mid-level.

Just happened to me twice in a row at the mission where you have to destroy the SAM missile launchers. :-(

!

I just got this too, a black screen (well two actually) forcing a power down and restart. On the same level as well. Not good! Shame that one got through..
  • roz123 8 Apr 2011 11:49:55 7,112 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Turn your wifi off!!!!
  • riz23 8 Apr 2011 11:53:13 1,150 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, just had a read on nintendo forums where this was advised. Still I shouldn't have to do that.
  • CosmicFuzz 8 Apr 2011 12:05:21 23,192 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Riz and Roz?

• riz23 8 Apr 2011 13:10:15 1,150 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Indeed. We could be the Jedward of videogaming.
  • PazJohnMitch 6 Jun 2011 10:45:03 7,795 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just picked up a 3DS. This is the only game I have and I am very impressed. Although after a week the 3D already seems gimmicky and pointless.
  • INSOMANiAC 3 Jul 2011 22:26:14 3,829 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not much interest in this game it seems, I got it the other day (bee.com were selling it for 8.99 so it was rude not to).

Seems to cynical old me like a DS game that been ported to the 3DS, using the Dpad on the 3DS is a pain in the arse, its in a real shitty place. That being said the game seems ok so far.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• mal 3 Jul 2011 22:42:29 22,336 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I can't argue with the stupid placing of the d-pad, but I do find myself using it automatically in DoAD and this. It's not unusable.

• INSOMANiAC 3 Jul 2011 22:47:27 3,829 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It is if you want to use it to play a DS game that requires the L button as well, and your hand doesnt sit comfortably on the machine while playing, its awkward

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Midgar777 6 Aug 2011 14:18:09 472 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just picked this up for cheap....so far I'm very impressed! Loving it in fact :D Reminds me a lot of advanced wars with a different graphical style. Looking forward to tearing through it!
  • StixxUK 6 Aug 2011 14:29:02 7,231 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's good, seems like there are a lot of missions to keep you going although I think I'll play the odd mission now and again rather than cracking all the way through it as it's pretty samey.

The character progression is a nice touch.
  • Midgar777 6 Aug 2011 20:49:25 472 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I wasn't expecting the character progression but it's cool to have that added in there. I know what you mean, I played through a few of the missions this morning and was absolutely loving it but I'm still going to take my time with it. Brilliant game so far though :)
  • Lukree 8 Aug 2011 18:31:31 158 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Character progression is a bit too straightforward to my tastes, but better than nothing. The missions are really nice and varied, imo.
  • CosmicFuzz 8 Aug 2011 18:45:12 23,192 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really great little game.

• Midgar777 17 Aug 2011 01:23:22 472 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Still playing through it... man, banshee is cooler than fuck! Such a sneaky ninja bitch haha stabby stabby! :D
  • DFawkes 17 Aug 2011 02:13:36 22,593 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really want this. I hope HMV still have it on sale, I might get it tomorrow. I've went twice with the intention of buying it but came back with other games instead.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• DFawkes 23 Aug 2011 21:11:13 22,593 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I forgot I posted that! Thankfully it was still on sale :)

I wasn't sure at first, but now I'm getting my head around things this is very enjoyable indeed.

Just bought the Knife for Banshee, and Midgar is so right. She's awesome! Moves like a shadow, stabs like an assassin then slinks off again. She can take down armies if you treat her right.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• redcrayon 23 Aug 2011 21:31:38 4,544 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Banshee is easily the most dangerous of the ghosts- the enemy need one unit to end their move next to her to reveal her, so they always need to outnumber her 2-1 to hurt her. Once she gets the upgrade that refills half of her special move gauge with each knife kill, combined with careful use of 'additional turn' powers, she can take out whole bases of people on her own.

Just don't forget the EMP grenades as a secondary weapon when playing a mission for the first time, then leave them behind for the submachine gun once you know a mission has no drones/vehicles.
  • PrivateFloyd 1 Sep 2011 11:12:33 4,103 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    got this for 15 notes the other day.

Loving it.

Goat is hungry.....

• wizbob 1 Sep 2011 13:54:51 768 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I finished the campaign and started the unlocked maps. The zombie one was a bit bland but I'm still enjoying it. Hope the sequel gets some kind of multiplayer!
  • Page

of 3 First / Last