• Carlo 31 Mar 2011 17:03:22 17,994 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Where did you get trial codes from?

PSN ID: Djini

• heavy_salad 31 Mar 2011 18:30:15 720 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I got free trials codes in an e-mail this afternoon. I assume everyone gets one.
  • Fillem 31 Mar 2011 19:11:45 123 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Indeed.
  • johnlenham 31 Mar 2011 21:27:58 4,000 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    johnlenham wrote:
    Anyone want my account for like a tenner?
    my gaming pc hs crapped out and I cant afford to have it fixed for a LONG time.
    Still got 23 odd days of free time aswell!
    Put it in swapsies, some'll have that i'm sure

Good shout! sodl it on, enjoy the game folks shame my pc crapped out on me :(
  • Sharzam 31 Mar 2011 23:46:15 2,832 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tried the shaman/justicar till lvl10, i dont think melee is for me. So Rolled a mage will take Archon/Warlock/Cholormancer so i can do the heal and dps thing i like.

Name is Tyros on icewatch with you lot :)

Really like the Chloromancer tree, just thought sod it ill just fill it out get that lovley top skill who needs death magic anyway when got oodles of life magic.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Carlo 1 Apr 2011 20:49:54 17,994 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll add you on Sharzam.

• Shikasama 3 Apr 2011 11:49:18 6,744 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just started playing this and I'm really impressed with the presentation. They seem to have hit the UI on the head which isd something that DCUO and CO got horribly wrong.

I think my main criticism so far is that all the quests are the same and it is very grindy. That seems to be the biggest thing that newer MMOs can't seem to get a handle on which is a shame.
  • Fillem 3 Apr 2011 16:24:48 123 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I agree with you somewhat, but I also felt (but this is maybe seeing it though rose-tinted glasses :)) that I at least had a somewhat more believable reason for the "get 10 of x, rinse/repeat" quests.

What I do hate is going through an area, finishing quests, handing in quests and then having to go back to the same area again for 'kill x' quests or 'find y' quests.
  • Shikasama 3 Apr 2011 19:49:35 6,744 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nah I'd probably agree with that to a certain extent Fillem. I think it's that age old gaming cliche of you apparantly being some god amongst men (or smurf like Avatar things) then being sent to fetch and carry. It just strikes me as weird that the MMOs that have come out sicne say....The Burning Crusade haven't implemented their own style of a phasing system.

Even then, just some quests that break up the pace a little bit every now and then. Rift might have em cos I;ve not really got into the good stuff yet. I realise that as I'm saying that though, they are few and far between amongst the hundreds of fetch and carry quests in WoW anyway. Confirmation bias goes a long way to forgetting how horrific certain quest sequences are in that game.
  • caligari 5 Apr 2011 16:27:02 17,022 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Are there any other trial codes floating around for this game, or were they all 'weekend only'?
  • heavy_salad 5 Apr 2011 22:11:38 720 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Think they ones they sent out were all weekend only. I haven't received any other codes personally.
  • Orange 9 Apr 2011 20:16:54 4,740 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Any trial codes for this weekend?
  • urban 9 Apr 2011 20:57:10 10,940 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It seems like a very good solid MMO but I think just me personally cannot stand the kill/loot/collect/return quest repetition any more. That said I never got further than level 50 on WoW before getting bored too.
  • Tubes 9 Apr 2011 21:17:17 47 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I got a ally code for this weekend from Zavvi but I already have the game so if anyone else wants to use it here it is : TW9D-GKNM-HG3E-T77Q-67H2

Not sure if it is a one time use only but if you use it please post so someone else does not waste their time.
  • M83J01P97 10 Apr 2011 13:26:31 6,595 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Been playing this for about 6 or 7 hours now over the weekend, and I've hit that point where I just don't feel like pushing on anymore.

It's definitely a very polished MMO, but it just doesn't seem to have the charm of WoW or even Guild Wars for me. I just feels too: "Been there, done that 100 times before", which I guess isn't there fault... but they forgot to remove the tedious grind that even WoW has managed to eliminate with Cataclysm.

I'd like to same the game has potential, but I don't think it does. I can see it staying the same from now on with only a few performance tweaks and what not being added alongside new content that does exactly the same sort of thing, all over again.

Nice effort, but needed some more originality to raise it above everything else.
  • Zozzilla 11 Apr 2011 12:32:18 7 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've been playing this since Beta 5 I think. I'm really enjoying it, it's a lot more fun than WoW was. I particularly love how exploration is a big part of it, thanks to the Artifact "quests". The World Event that's on at the moment gives you even more to do and some awesome, limited edition items while it's on. It runs well and the developers are really quick to fix any bugs in it. They also listen to the community.

The class system outshines everything else though. Anyone can tank, it's hilarious.

I play on Overlook (PvE), Guardian side. My character is a High Elf Cleric called Geraias. :D
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 14 Apr 2011 10:50:02 4,624 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Allies of the Ascended runs again this weekend. Keys are now up - http://gamers.eurogamer.net/giveaways.php?id=87082

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• Dave_McCoy 14 Apr 2011 19:13:22 2,774 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bah, totally missed this. Looks quite interesting. Never mind, I'll wait on a trial or something.
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 15 Apr 2011 09:19:37 4,624 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Missed it? It doesn't start until 6pm tonight. You still have time, Dave!

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• Dave_McCoy 15 Apr 2011 16:02:07 2,774 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Venatio wrote:
    Missed it? It doesn't start until 6pm tonight. You still have time, Dave!

I totally misread the front page thing Ven, cheers for the heads up. Got my key so I've give it a try this weekend.
  • Gustave 15 Apr 2011 16:20:59 91 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I played the Trail Weekend last week and enjoyed it. So now am a full time play.

Character is Gustave level 10 Warrior on Icewatch.
  • Carlo 19 Apr 2011 22:53:39 17,994 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Good session tonight, clocked up 2 levels in 1 sitting

• Immaterial 25 Apr 2011 18:58:30 1,332 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, this thread's gone all quiet- nobody playing any more after the River of Souls shenanigans? Hope not- just levelled my first char all the way to 14 on Firesand - the 'RP' bit of 'RP-PvP' (as well as the (PvP bit) seems to keep the tard population down- unfortunately, it seems to keep the rest of the population down too.

Think I'll just switch everything off.

• heavy_salad 25 Apr 2011 20:00:35 720 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not played this in about a week now. Dunno why really.
  • ripsa 30 Apr 2011 18:58:01 288 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just subbed. This is actually my first sub MMO. I've only played Guild Wars and a little WoW before this. I was looking for a meaty fantasy MMO RPG which isn't WoW so hoping this meets expectations.
  • twoism 10 May 2011 16:57:12 181 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Friend codes are available now, giving 7 day trials. If anyone wants one here is my link.
  • InfiniteFury 10 May 2011 19:25:02 864 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How many people are playing now, is there enough interest for a guild on Icewatch?

I'm in one at the moment but only as a result of some merge that happened while I was away for a week.

Just for chatting, 5 mans, nothing grand or raidy. But equally, don't want to log-in and be the only person ever on.
  • heavy_salad 10 May 2011 22:35:32 720 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd could be tempted back into it with people to play with, but I'd have to star a new character on Icewatch I guess.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last