Rift! Page 3

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• johnlenham 24 Mar 2011 17:49:03 4,000 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh I hate you all! So close to pulling the trigger on 20 at D2D..
  • Carlo 24 Mar 2011 18:42:22 17,913 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    See you on there John!

PSN ID: Djini

• heavy_salad 24 Mar 2011 19:23:48 674 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hmm might make myself a character on Icewatch tonight if I get a chance.
  • Carlo 24 Mar 2011 19:56:25 17,913 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    skullstorm wrote:
    I've rolled a Defiant on Icewatch.
    Me too, some kind of Rogue-type I think. Used to be all about the Healing in WoW, be nice to do some DPS for a change.

I'll start adding friends when I work out how, in the meantime, I'm on as Carlo

• johnlenham 25 Mar 2011 08:57:49 4,000 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Didnt download fast enough last night so If all my plans fail for this evenign ill be on at somepoint I hope. Kind of intrested in how Beastmaster works but maybe ill research today!
  • skullstorm 25 Mar 2011 16:13:34 140 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm really enjoying playing Rift, I'm quite surprised at how polished it is. Levelling feels quite fun to me rather than a chore.

So what builds does everyone have? I noticed a few of you are also rogues so I wanna know if we all clash haha.

I'm currently a Bard/Ranger/Riftstalker. Most of my points are in Bard with the rest in Ranger, 0pts in Riftstalker atm. It's an amazing combination, I pretty much can't die. Buff with motifs, send pet in, open with a bleed, use cadence (fast combo points + heals for 100% of damage done), use a finisher. Rinse and repeat. Throw HoT on the pet if needed. With three sources of healing it's very hard for him or me to die.

I am getting a bit itchy to try other classes and builds though but having a tough time deciding which!
  • heavy_salad 25 Mar 2011 18:46:37 674 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm a warrior, because I thought it'd be the 'easiest' to play, but know I have some idea of what I'm doing I'll probably try something different when I make my new character (possibly tonight) on the server a few guys are on.
  • johnlenham 27 Mar 2011 21:46:21 4,000 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I do like this game but to get it to run im on the lowest settings and it looks like ass, cant really afford to drop 600 on an all singing all dancing pc right now :(
  • Carlo 28 Mar 2011 12:55:33 17,913 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    skullstorm wrote:
    So what builds does everyone have? I noticed a few of you are also rogues so I wanna know if we all clash haha.!
    I'm flying along with this build:

http://www.riftjunkies.com/forums/showthread.php?1031-Solo-Questing-Rogue-Assassin-Riftstalker-Nightblade

I mean FLYING! Put maybe 6 ish hours in, I'm on lvl 11 already and I'm such a meanderer so it's not like I'm rushing through it.

16 more levels and I'm going to hit my first dungeon!

And don't worry about clashing, respecc'ing (and having multiple specs for the same char) are both pretty painless and nothing to worry about too much until you hit the end-game.

• johnlenham 28 Mar 2011 12:58:06 4,000 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    First dungeon is 17-22 if I recall, I have a few quests for one and im 18! Bought a moutn last night and now im broke as fuck! did also save enough pvp coins to buy the pvp soul aswell though.
  • Carlo 28 Mar 2011 13:01:12 17,913 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry, meant 6 more :S

You on Icewatch/Defiant?

• johnlenham 28 Mar 2011 13:52:36 4,000 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Belmont/ Defiant i think it may be a US server though!
  • skullstorm 28 Mar 2011 13:54:09 140 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have a riftstalker tank-y off spec build. I really like that they threw tank souls in the rogue and cleric callings too. I have my ranger/bard build for soloing goodness, riftstalker/bladedancer for tanking if I get the urge and a main bard/nightblade for group support. I love the variety of the builds and it really does cut down on 'rolling regret' as theres a bit of everything.

I just hit 21 I think, I should probably start running that first dungeon. If there's a few of us around the same level and on at the same time we should get a group going in there.
  • heavy_salad 28 Mar 2011 14:14:10 674 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Keep meaning to make my new char on Icewatch, but everytime I go on I end up carrying on with my current char. Dunno if I can be arsed to start over from scratch (I don't play all that often/for very long so it'll take me a while to get to the same level). However I do eventually want to play with other people. Might just have to bite the bullet and do it.
  • Carlo 28 Mar 2011 17:10:32 17,913 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So, it doesn;t look like there is enough EG interest in this game to be honest. Those of us that are playing this all seem to be on different servers as a bit too casual to form up a guild.

I might just have a look at who's doing what on my local server and join one of them... Although Icewatch is (maybe complete rubbish here) the unofficial russian server of choice.

There are plenty of English speaking people on there, and lots of English guilds...

• grouch666 28 Mar 2011 17:36:16 30 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Playing on quicksilver a little dwarf rogue , using assassination for solo and dps in instances and bard for support healing on bosses , cleared the first instance realm of fae , bit annoyed about how you get the other specs killing the rifts to get the shards
  • Machetazo 28 Mar 2011 22:32:38 6,372 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    the unofficial russian server of choice.

There are plenty of English speaking people on there, and lots of English guilds...
    They've announced a Russian publishing/localisation deal for this, recently, so maybe that community will not be as dispersed after that is released, and more Russian players check the game out.
  • Sharzam 28 Mar 2011 23:21:13 2,118 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just ordered Rift from play.com as looks fun (just hope get in time for the cheaper sub) any tips or suggestion?

I like the sound of the class/soul system, as i love to heal with a bit of dps. In wow i played many classes but had most fun with elemental shaman (in classic wow liked the feral druid funnily enourgh) and in lotro i played mostly as a runekeeper.

Also what server is best for UK players and the Eurogamer community?

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• graysonavich 29 Mar 2011 01:17:56 6,802 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sounds like you want a Cleric -> Druid/Justicar/whatever. I hated it but each to their own:)

Rerolled a Warrior, whatever the 2h tree is called, with Beastmaster. Enjoying it a lot more, but I'm so sick of this starter forest. I'm assuming the next zone is level 20?
  • heavy_salad 29 Mar 2011 09:29:14 674 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sharzam wrote:
    Just ordered Rift from play.com as looks fun (just hope get in time for the cheaper sub) any tips or suggestion?

I like the sound of the class/soul system, as i love to heal with a bit of dps. In wow i played many classes but had most fun with elemental shaman (in classic wow liked the feral druid funnily enourgh) and in lotro i played mostly as a runekeeper.

Also what server is best for UK players and the Eurogamer community?

I'm sure you could buy a sub before you get the game couldn't you?

I think a few Eurogamers have gone on Icewatch now.
  • Carlo 30 Mar 2011 13:05:26 17,913 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Great day to be on Rift guys.

Not satisfied with simple rifts opening all throughout the game world of Telara, Trion Worlds has announced patch 1.1, a new content patch for the game, called "River of Souls."

Not simply a single download patch as other MMO's frequently see, River of Souls will take place over 30 days. Beginning on March 30th, players will see Rifts to the Plane of Death open all across the world of Telara as Alsbeth the Discordant leads Death Invasions to conquer the world on behalf of Regulos.

This massive invasion will involve almost every player as Rifts open in zones of all experience levels. Throughout quests within the game, players have so far seen Alsbeth play a large part in the story and now her actions are leading up to a massive assault from the Plane of Death.

• heavy_salad 30 Mar 2011 14:12:04 674 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Looks interesting. Hopefully ill be able to get on for a bit tonight after being pretty busy last couple of nights.

Actually, also do you reckon we could try and compile some sort of list (everyone loves lists) of people that play this and on what server? And maybe their level and how often they play?
  • Carlo 30 Mar 2011 14:40:56 17,913 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh and I had my first large-scale rift last night.

It was bonkers!

• skullstorm 30 Mar 2011 15:07:44 140 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm still playing, I think I'm just on at odd times to you lot. Think we should all be a similar level though so some groupage is in order if we can manage it at some point.

I'm gonna check the event out (well I say check it out, it's more likely it'll check me out) this eve. When I popped online earlier it was nice (?) to see so many death rifts haha.

Been doing some warfronts. I don't mind them it's just defiant are either on a roll or on a losing streak. There are some really childish players it seems (especially because you can talk to the other side :p) so a kick from WF option would come in handy. I've seen a few AFK'ers and they even smack talk whilst AFK. Seems damn pointless to me, do you even get much for a loss anyway?
  • skullstorm 30 Mar 2011 15:17:39 140 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'll try a list for Defiant/Icewatch. I think we are all around 20ish or so.

Arithon (me) - Level 23
    Carlo (Carlo) - Level ?
    Roxaz (Razzajazz) - Level ?
    Sylverclaw (SClaw) - Level ?
    Stormweasel (InfiniteFury) - Level 46

I'll edit if/when others let me know.
  • InfiniteFury 30 Mar 2011 15:18:45 864 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Add me - Stormweasel (InfiniteFury) - Level 46
  • Sharzam 31 Mar 2011 12:05:05 2,118 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yay it arrived just in time. The founders rate ends today and iam installing at the moment.

I have had a little read and i am leaning on the cleric with Shaman/Justicar, with Sentinel or Warden as my 0 tree. Also Defiant on icewatch seams to be the good thing to do if i want a PVE server for EG peeps, but what about a PVP server is there any preference for that one ?

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• johnlenham 31 Mar 2011 14:36:07 4,000 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone want my account for like a tenner?
    my gaming pc hs crapped out and I cant afford to have it fixed for a LONG time.
    Still got 23 odd days of free time aswell!
  • Carlo 31 Mar 2011 15:40:38 17,913 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    johnlenham wrote:
    Anyone want my account for like a tenner?
    my gaming pc hs crapped out and I cant afford to have it fixed for a LONG time.
    Still got 23 odd days of free time aswell!
    Put it in swapsies, some'll have that i'm sure

• Fillem 31 Mar 2011 17:00:56 123 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If someone wants a friend-trial code that's valid until the 4th let me know.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last