Full House Poker (XBLA) Page 2

• Page

of 14 First / Last

• AccidentProne 21 Mar 2011 16:59:50 1,163 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What happens if you get knocked out early in tournament play and you're hosting? Does it migrate over or something? I started a game on Saturday night, but thanks to overdoing the booze, have no idea how it ended up. Worried I might have drunkenly disconnected and ended the game for everyone else. The fact that I didn't receive any abusive messages afterwards suggests that this probably didn't happen though.
  • mangojoe 21 Mar 2011 17:11:43 418 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Add me' guys! Gt- mango Joe .

I have a trumpet so I will use it! Im quite good at poker so if you people want a proper game without silly idiots going all in just add me'!
  • asphaltcowboy 21 Mar 2011 18:01:06 5,143 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    AccidentProne wrote:
    What happens if you get knocked out early in tournament play and you're hosting? Does it migrate over or something? I started a game on Saturday night, but thanks to overdoing the booze, have no idea how it ended up. Worried I might have drunkenly disconnected and ended the game for everyone else. The fact that I didn't receive any abusive messages afterwards suggests that this probably didn't happen though.
    It migrates. For some reason, I tend to lose when I host... so I'm not going to do that any more ;)
  • Apollo 21 Mar 2011 21:54:22 523 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I would recommend not playing ranked matches until MS fix the 2nd place glitch which certain individuals are using to maximise xp and bankroll. However if we can get a party together of ten or so , create a ranked match , and everyone jumps in from the party, then you can have a fair game. happened to me last night, came second in a ranked tourney and got nothing for it.
  • robthehermit 21 Mar 2011 23:08:21 4,075 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just lost 100,000 trying to do the pro table takedown.

I am cry.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Deleted user 21 March 2011 23:11:43
    Rob the Hermit wrote:
    I am cry.

Never fear I'll take those horrid chips away from you soon ;o)
  • robthehermit 21 Mar 2011 23:16:38 4,075 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Snakehips76 wrote:
    Rob the Hermit wrote:
    I am cry.

Won't that just make me cry more?

Anyway, I need to take your chips. I need to accumulate another 60k so I can try the takedown again.

• Deleted user 21 March 2011 23:20:24
    Rob the Hermit wrote:
    Snakehips76 wrote:
    Rob the Hermit wrote:
    I am cry.

Won't that just make me cry more?

Anyway, I need to take your chips. I need to accumulate another 60k so I can try the takedown again.

/feels the itch
    /looks for frying pan
    /too hard to resisit
  • Deleted user 21 March 2011 23:21:12
    Ok dagnabit I've got it downloading....form a queue :)
  • Deleted user 21 March 2011 23:27:05
    Waiting on 30%.....come on.....
  • Deleted user 21 March 2011 23:31:28
    This is taking forever to download!
  • evilashchris 21 Mar 2011 23:53:49 7,005 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just tried to play it and it crashed my console, good job, devs!

Twitter: @COToole

• Deleted user 22 March 2011 00:12:50
    Might have to get this so my and my buddies can play some games. They won't set up accounts on PokerStars so we can use the Homegames thing they just started, they're not particularly skilled players compared to me (and i'm shit) so they feel they'll bust out quickly with real money. This could be the solution.
  • Deleted user 22 March 2011 07:16:21
    OK so I had a few games last night (albeit pissed outta my head) but they were decent enough - not enough checking going on - forced bets from what I could tell. I was very, very pissed though so going to have a retry now and see if it clicks.

Give me a shout any time guys. Ironlungs76. I semi-promise to be sobre ;)
  • Peew971 22 Mar 2011 08:15:09 4,778 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I bought the phone version last night and although it's single player only, the xp and cash are shared between both versions. That's pretty cool :)
  • Mayhem64 22 Mar 2011 18:21:22 668 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rob the Hermit wrote:
    You get 100k buy-in at level 40, what level are you? I'm on level 39 so I'm just about to have a shot at the all pro, and if I fail, I should get enough XP to then immediately try again...

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• Deleted user 22 March 2011 18:23:10
    Enjoying this a lot so far but I think there needs to be a patch to sort out the delay when players drop out mid-game. It can be instantaneous but on a few occassions it takes a few minutes of everyone twiddling their thumbs.

Either way, going to try out this tournament thing tonight and see how that goes :)
  • Peew971 22 Mar 2011 18:24:04 4,778 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How did you guys get that much xp so fast?! The game hasn't been out a week yet!
  • Apollo 22 Mar 2011 19:21:24 523 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just took down Marshall Starr (Pro) with the first hand! I had K9 and flopped 444 went all in, he called with AQ so I was quailing until the river and I pulled another 9 Heh!
  • metallicol 22 Mar 2011 23:19:19 7 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nicely done Apollo. btw, played texas heat again tonight 8-10pm. More problems of dealers pausing for minutes on end before dealing next hand and also tables getting filled with bots, although there were a few humans in there too. I played terribly as well.
  • silversun 22 Mar 2011 23:31:57 149 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Had my first go on this tonight , in texas heat im a low level player lv 7 now, but was on the top table for 3 rounds. the final game i totally lost badly but made it to end of that game at least on the table, came second once or twice on it as well , is fun game.

Now i know what poker games must be like in real life and how i would never bet money in reallife on them : )
  • Peew971 22 Mar 2011 23:40:52 4,778 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I spent 15 minutes on a Triple Diamond table with 9 bots, that's just ridiculous. Worst bit is when some busted out they were replaced by other bots! I hope they do something about that next season.
  • Deleted user 22 March 2011 23:51:45
    Peew971 wrote:
    I spent 15 minutes on a Triple Diamond table with 9 bots, that's just ridiculous. Worst bit is when some busted out they were replaced by other bots! I hope they do something about that next season.

Yeah, same here. Managed to join in a party with Lexx and Rob the Hermit but if one of us was busted out it resorted back to full out bots tables.

The last game in the 8pm one froze on us too - over 8 mins of sitting there doing bubkis before we bailed out :(

When it works it's really good fun, but it's a tad buggy and the proliferation of bots in the Heat tournament was very odd.
  • robthehermit 23 Mar 2011 08:24:01 4,075 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Had a great game with Snake and Lexx. I took all their monies.

Texas Heat was good fun. Snake just pipped me to first place in one of the games.

I can sort of see why they would have a lot of bots. Texas Heat is supposed to be fast and dangerous. An all human table would be too reserved and a lot slower. Nobody would make that first move to raise and start the inevitable chain that leaves me going 1.9 million all in on a pair of threes.

An all human table would just be normal poker with higher stakes. I would like to see a proper tournament at some stage though.

• robthehermit 23 Mar 2011 08:30:58 4,075 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mayhem64 wrote:
    Rob the Hermit wrote:
    You get 100k buy-in at level 40, what level are you? I'm on level 39 so I'm just about to have a shot at the all pro, and if I fail, I should get enough XP to then immediately try again...

35 or 36 I think. I guess I'll wait a few levels then, although a 100k buy in would take away some of the risk and reward though. It was exciting because I knew that if I failed it would be a while before I'd have enough chips to try again.

• robthehermit 23 Mar 2011 08:33:57 4,075 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Peew971 wrote:
    How did you guys get that much xp so fast?! The game hasn't been out a week yet!

Lots and lots of playing. The Pro Takedowns and winning single player tournaments can really help rack up the points as well.

• Mayhem64 23 Mar 2011 17:48:54 668 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Indeed, though some of us were playing before the game came out (review codes ftw). It's also how I'm one of the minuscule number of people with the gold medal cheevo in Texas Heat... the rankings were working before the game released!

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• metallicol 23 Mar 2011 18:14:20 7 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mayhem64 wrote:
    ...the rankings were working before the game released!

OK. Well, it's kinda comforting news that the Texas Heat side of things was working at some point. MS has gotta be aware of all the problems now it's properly live (and I'm assuming they have folk reading and reporting on all the comments on forums around the world) so I kind of have a little bit of faith that the probs can/will get fixed (soon?). Would be nice to get some kind of official word from MS on what's going on with fixes etc and if there's really meant to be lots of bots at play during texas heat. The only offical FHP MS site i've found is a facebook one but has no comments about problems - only glorious promotional blurb, news etc.

Were there lots of bots playing when you were using your review codes?
  • localnotail 26 Mar 2011 04:30:00 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I am a big dog.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Deleted user 26 March 2011 14:40:18
    after trying a few demos, i bought this. i hope there are some EG tournaments on the cards! /stamps foot
  • Page

of 14 First / Last