Full House Poker (XBLA)

• Page

of 14 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 20 March 2011 11:32:58
    Here you go, a thread to talk about FHP rather than cluttering up the XBLA thread (is it 7 or 8 pages now I've lost count).

You're welcome :)
  • famous_roy 20 Mar 2011 11:48:56 4,098 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thank christ!

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• Deleted user 20 March 2011 11:53:17
    Never understood poker without real money. Even worse when it is on a computer and you can't even play with the poker chips. IF they don't want to allow you to use real money they should allow you to stake gamer points. People are actually losing/winning something there and it is something you can easily go and make again.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2011 12:42:31
    There's gambling laws mowgli which I assume MS won't be able to secure (can they gaurantee that those playing are over 18 for example?).

I think it's a bloody good concept and I'm looking forward to trying it. The poker in RDR was good but sadly let down by a huge core of all-inners - hopefully this will pick up a rather more mature audience. I doubt it but you never know ;)
  • Lexx87 20 Mar 2011 12:45:31 20,869 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That is my worry it'll just have people not really serious playing rubbishly. Snake we should get some guys together and do a PokerMeet :p

Speak the truth hussy!

• AaronTurner 20 Mar 2011 12:49:00 7,591 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't get it either, if you go on to something like PKR.com you can play games for money even if you don't have any money. Poker without money seems a little daft really.
  • AaronTurner 20 Mar 2011 12:49:59 7,591 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Snakehips76 wrote:
    There's gambling laws mowgli which I assume MS won't be able to secure (can they gaurantee that those playing are over 18 for example?).

I think it's a bloody good concept and I'm looking forward to trying it. The poker in RDR was good but sadly let down by a huge core of all-inners - hopefully this will pick up a rather more mature audience. I doubt it but you never know ;)

Don't see how it's any different to online poker really. You have a credit/debit card and you go.
  • BaggyAnt 20 Mar 2011 13:00:13 199 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Technically under UIGEA online gambling for money is banned in the USA that is the big issue for them.
  • Mayhem64 20 Mar 2011 16:59:00 662 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah... which is why many of the online gambling places there "relocated" and don't operate in the country. But considering M$ wouldn't be offering money, it would be points instead, and I suppose any sort of prize is off limits. The "live" Texas Heat sessions are only going on in a handful of countries to boot, so many players won't be able to get past 200G for the game either.

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• Deleted user 20 March 2011 17:32:29
    Well I switched today to Full Tilt Poker to play for real money, and that's pretty boring too.
  • dutchspeededup 20 Mar 2011 17:42:48 4,376 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Greggywocky... wrote:
    Well I switched today to Full Tilt Poker to play for real money, and that's pretty boring too.

I rarely play online anymore. You can't beat a good home game with your pals.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2011 17:58:28
    Post deleted
  • Dave_McCoy 20 Mar 2011 19:45:38 2,771 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    People are desperate to give their chips away on this.

Some very bad poker players. I was a bit dubious about this semi drunken purchase last night but the interface is quite nice actually. It's not a bad little poker game at all.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2011 19:50:42
    The buy in tables are a bit better, but it still easy to get in the top 3 every time if you play properly. I played around 30 matches and only missed out on the top 3 twice.
  • metallicol 21 Mar 2011 09:09:52 7 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    it's a fun game. i'm no massive poker player (got into playing with real cards a few years ago, but yet to have a proper poker night with friends) but as others have said, the presentation's good. i love the idea of the live events (tuned into saturdays 8pm and also 12am) - shame the game seemed so broken during the live events (game hanged, rarely got a game with real players etc). the regular multiplayer games are also experiencing problms too (choosing a game from a list when searching for games only to be told that the game has kicked you from it before even getting in the lobby). But - I have managed to have loads of multiplayer games which have been fun (seems more fun than the other poker game on xbla), but this sort of game shouldn't have the problems I mentioned as it was REALLY dissapointing on saturday night for the live event. Also, would have been nice to see loads more stats - if BLOPS can have all those mad stats then surely this little poker game can have a few more stats that just six.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 21 Mar 2011 09:17:09 10,852 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hey metallicol!

A few of us were in the same game as you on Saturday night. We were collectively swearing at the guy in the hoodie who kept raising on every ante.

Didn't realise you were an EGer :o)
  • AccidentProne 21 Mar 2011 09:24:13 1,153 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Enjoyed Saturday's live event despite the game freezing a few times, I'm sure they'll sort that out. Seems a bit lame to pad the tables with AI players though, hope that's just a temporary thing as well.

Worked my way up to the triple diamond table but didn't really do that well up there, unlike Apollo who was kicking arse at the end. Anyone else notice the game seems to automatically match you up with folks on your friends list?
  • robthehermit 21 Mar 2011 09:33:24 3,969 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm loving it, the offline side is ok, I've done all the pro takedowns with the exception of the last one. The 100k buy in is a bit scary.

Online is fantastic. It's the first time I've played online (sad I know). At first it was all a bit quiet, nobody was talking, but then a couple of lads came in to the game, we had some good banter going and suddenly it was 6 hours later. Talking made all the difference to the game. Excellent fun.

If any people out there in eurogamer land fancy a game or 2, add me (robthehermit) and send a request over next time you see me online.

Perhaps we should have an EG poker night.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• robthehermit 21 Mar 2011 09:36:15 3,969 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Texas Heat was great fun. How the hell do you get 20+k experience though. I'm struggling to get to about 12k.

• Deleted user 21 March 2011 09:41:13
    Rob the Hermit wrote:

Perhaps we should have an EG poker night.

I'd be up for this mate, once I've bought it that is :)

I'm sure Lexx can be pestered into it too, as will steve1979 ;o)

Come on Zavvi points hurry up!
  • metallicol 21 Mar 2011 09:44:01 7 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    hey Ignatius_Cheese - thanks for saying hi!

Mad. I've been an EG reader (and comments lurker) for about 8 months - this was my first forum post today. I always read the comments at foot of articles and seen you posting loads. couldn't believe it when I was at the same poker table as you on saturday. was gonna msg you but got all shy and that. really want tuesday's live games to go well, as on saturday midnight I got into a live 'Texas Heat' game lobby with about 17 other real folk, game started OK and then a few hands in the dealer just decided to not deal anymore cards. so we all left. major dissapointment. BTW - I know nothing about the intricacies of poker, but like playing it nonetheless. I've managed to win a few online tourneys (oohh, lingo!) with games lasting an hour or so. good feeling.
  • Apollo 21 Mar 2011 09:53:41 523 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I find the game very sociable on a general scale, and there are some really good players out there. Would be up for an EG tourney with some sensible players. Iron Raver is my tag, if anyone needs some "schooling" ; )
    The ranked matches seem to have all the hard core players. Apparently you can join from a party situation and have the whole party in if there's room. Did that a few times last night and it was fun.
    Bit unsure of how the scoring is done in Texas Heat. I was ranked as -1 on the Triple diamond table despite as Accidentprone said, kicking arse, and coming first in both events.
    Table hung during first event so that slowed us down a bit in terms of XP.
    A manic half hour tho' !
  • asphaltcowboy 21 Mar 2011 12:03:09 5,138 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Really enjoying this so far - Met very few "all-inners" and only the occasional pointless raise before the flop (that guy Cheese mentioned was REALLY annoying - he'd raise before the flop EVERY TIME without question, even when he had fuck all). Those having trouble getting into ranked games - persistence! Also, I tend to use "Search for games" rather than the quick match option... seems to work better!

Great fun with friends as marco, cheese and mccoy can hopefully attest!

Texas Heat thing is cool - nice that its based on XP rather than funds - so canny folding and the like become all the more important.

Apollo/Iron Raver - Did I play you in MvC3 the other day? Maybe it was FHP actually.. (more likely I suppose)
  • Apollo 21 Mar 2011 12:54:22 523 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FHP likely as I don't have the other
  • MrBeens 21 Mar 2011 14:47:13 1 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What are the certificate things that you unlock when you level? I can't find anywhere in the menus to view them
  • Deleted user 21 March 2011 15:02:28
    Greggywocky... wrote:
    The buy in tables are a bit better, but it still easy to get in the top 3 every time if you play properly. I played around 30 matches and only missed out on the top 3 twice.
    Isn't that supposed to be you're aim? ;)
  • robthehermit 21 Mar 2011 15:17:23 3,969 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrBeens wrote:
    What are the certificate things that you unlock when you level? I can't find anywhere in the menus to view them

The certificates are titles. If you haven't yet changed it, your title is currently 'The Noob', whereas I, quite pretentiously am 'Dragon Slayer'. I might change it later though, as I've earned some new ones since then - and quite like dragons and have no desire to slay them.

• Deleted user 21 March 2011 15:28:23
    beIIy wrote:
    Greggywocky... wrote:

Isn't that supposed to be you're aim? ;)

Yeh, my point is it's pretty much guaranteed you can do it on here - I went up nearly a level a game.
  • Deleted user 21 March 2011 15:30:37
    To those with connection issues the solution is simple (or was for me):

Create your own game. They fill up within minutes.

• Apollo 21 Mar 2011 15:56:57 523 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Greggywocky... wrote:
    To those with connection issues the solution is simple (or was for me):

Create your own game. They fill up within minutes.

And you get a nice cheevo!
  • Page

of 14 First / Last

Previous