Prey (2017) Page 2

• Page

of 46 First / Last

• richarddavies 16 Mar 2011 11:45:51 5,983 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll keep an eye on this. Bit twatty there using a different character. They was a cutscene at the end of the first one setting up a sequel with Tommy in. Seems odd they'd ignore it.
  • Rauha 19 Mar 2011 22:03:55 4,271 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    - Main character is Killian Samuels, sheriff and prison guard.
    - Been in development for 3 years
    - X360 main platform, PC and PS3 versions in development (as announced)
    - Pretty nice graphics overall (not jaw-dropping but good), graphics style a mix of Bioshock and Mass Effect
    - "Heavily inspired by Mirror's Edge, but also Mass Effect, Riddick and Blade Runner" - Producer
    - Use the surroundings, big areas where you can sneak up on enemies using the shadows
    - No multiplayer, 3D, Kinect or Move
    - As said in the PR, 2012 release date

Screenshot 1: Gameplay capture, showing gun (no HUD), and some kind of human gekko alien.
    Screenshot 2: Some Krugan Mass Effect alien in some Halo Reach esque bubble shield.
    Screenshot 3: More aliens beating another alien in a back alley
    Screenshot 4: Mass Effect esque bars confirmed
    Screenshot 5: Weird 8-eyed looking aliens confirmed
    Screenshot 6: Hot alien chick confirmed

I'll read through the text and update the OP in 15 minutes or so.

Update:
    - Tommy/Intro spoiler:First level is basically the beginning of Prey, but instead of controlling Tommy you control Killian.
    - Human head: "If the first Prey was the Luke Sywalker version of the story, Prey 2 is Bobba Fett's story".
    - The project has been restarted several times
    - Open game structure. "Go wherever you want, talk to whoever you want, do the missions you want".
    - GR: "Killian as flexible and limber as Faith of ME, leaping over hights, hanging by arms from pipes, balancing on thin boards and jumping like a cat upwards structures"
    - GR: "An enhanced Killzone esque cover system, battles looks so flexible, brings your thoughts back to Vanquish"
    - Parkour moments when being chased by enemies
    - Money can be used to upgrade your armor, weapons, but also abilities, example to make enemies hover in the air
    - Human Head: "Every area is comparable to Assassin's Creed 2", whatever that means. Planet is Exodus. Desert levels, big cities, "in the wilds", cave areas
    - GR: "It has the moving scheme from Mirror's Edge, the freedom of Mass Effect and the fire fights of Killzone 2" (writer loved Prey 1)
    - Different kinds of ammo, weapons can be customized/rebuilt
    - Producer: "Who would pick the MP mode of Prey 2 ahead of the one in for example Halo Reach? We'd rather to a really good SP adventure"
    - There will be DLC
    - There will be vag portals, but fewer of them and "with different looks"
    - GR: Loot system "similar to the one of Boarderlands"
    - All the aliens look very human like, except for some of their limbs and obviously faces. Very similar to the Mass Effect aliens in both looks and armor/clothes, nothing like the Prey aliens.
    - Epic steelage from Neogaf (thank you).

I like what I've read.
  • L0cky 19 Mar 2011 22:39:50 1,989 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    vag portals? oO
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 19 Mar 2011 23:12:12 31,395 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Great news on the no multiplayer, it felt horribly tacked onto the original Prey, despite some potentially interesting weapons. I'll forever have 750 G on it because I'll never touch the multiplayer again after those first few laggy, non-fun games.

I started playing Prey on PC again, it's still quite a good game. I even like the visuals, even if they suffer from the old clayface look. Looking quite forward to this now.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 19 Mar 2011 23:12:17 14,556 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That all sounds good in theory but also very much like they've simply gone and ticked off everyones complaints about the last whilst riffing on every other popular game out there. Again, kind of disappointed we won't get to see a continuation of Tommy's story, and also very skeptical of all these new elements. Free running, loot hoarding, open world, sounds very ambitious.
  • RichDC 19 Mar 2011 23:25:33 7,511 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sounds like they've decided to copy all the mechanics of the top sellers of recent years whilst forgetting that Prey was good because it was an uncomplicated well designed no nonsense corridor shooter. I'm worried.

I'll still buy it.

I assume the end to this will tie into where the first one left off and set up part three.
  • Deleted user 19 March 2011 23:57:44

- Producer: "Who would pick the MP mode of Prey 2 ahead of the one in for example Halo Reach? We'd rather to a really good SP adventure"

I wish more developers thought like that.
  • Dirtbox 20 Mar 2011 17:37:31 89,196 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Fake_Blood 20 Mar 2011 17:40:50 7,660 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wait, was Prey the one with the indian dude fighting aliens?
    Coz I played that and it was not bad I think?
  • Dirtbox 20 Mar 2011 18:17:59 89,196 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Dirtbox 20 Mar 2011 18:22:48 89,196 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Inquisitor Moderator 20 Mar 2011 18:27:35 14,556 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Already? You're steaming through. I love Prey though, it's such a great game. Strangely though, I think it's something that's aged better in my memory. I look back on it really fondly (and I did complete it at least twice) but checking out the official thread for the first one I'd actually left a 'review' in there in which I gave it a 7 (revised to an 8 later on in the thread).

There are a fair few tedious bits memory has erased I fear, with my rose tinted specs on I can only remember the truly astonishing moments (like the plane).
  • Deleted user 20 March 2011 20:37:18
    Definitely a very imaginative game. I did enjoy it.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 9 Apr 2011 21:57:34 14,556 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just picked the first one up again (for Ł2.50!). If anyone fancies a go on the multiplayer give me a shout, never got a chance to play it first time around and it's dead dead dead now (obviously).
  • spamdangled 9 Apr 2011 22:03:32 30,814 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I might take you up on that. I'm on an achievement spree atm.
  • El_MUERkO 23 Mar 2012 22:03:40 18,243 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-23-prey-2-cancelled-report

Shitsocks :(
  • Deleted user 23 March 2012 22:22:58
    Gay. I loved the first one.

A non HOORAH-marine shooter with lovely level design. Guess there's no market for that kind of thing anymore.
  • Dirtbox 23 Mar 2012 23:25:06 89,196 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • neilka 23 Mar 2012 23:34:34 20,455 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It was shown at E3:

Edited by neilka at 23:34:47 23-03-2012
  • Dirtbox 23 Mar 2012 23:35:38 89,196 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Tomo 23 Mar 2012 23:45:33 15,542 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm pretty sure I read a preview on RPS about it a while back. I sounded really promising.
  • Deleted user 23 March 2012 23:51:19
    That video has a snap-to cover system and pseudo-RPG stuff.

Jesus fucking wept.
  • Dirtbox 24 Mar 2012 00:54:29 89,196 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Whizzo 24 Mar 2012 01:00:30 44,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The developer session at the EG Expo was one of the best there, the game was looking very special indeed, I'll be very pissed off if it doesn't come out.
  • Deleted user 24 March 2012 09:54:31
    It wouldn't suprise me if it was cancelled. The project was way too ambitious, to build a whole game around an Open world, parkour based shooter with gadgets and rpg elements would have cost tens of millions to make. Rage bombing probably didn't help either.

Edited by Hindle at 10:37:04 24-03-2012
  • psychokitten Moderator 24 Mar 2012 10:33:47 7,795 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    The developer session at the EG Expo was one of the best there, the game was looking very special indeed, I'll be very pissed off if it doesn't come out.
    This. The dev session was great and I'll definitely be disappointed if it is indeed cancelled :(
  • Vortex808 24 Mar 2012 10:38:20 11,617 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was quite looking forward to it. One of the first games I played on 360, and I remembered it quite positively.
  • SomaticSense 24 Mar 2012 17:35:52 15,049 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hindle wrote:
    It wouldn't suprise me if it was cancelled. The project was way too ambitious, to build a whole game around an Open world, parkour based shooter with gadgets and rpg elements would have cost tens of millions to make. Rage bombing probably didn't help either.
    Rage would have sold crap tons more had they not released it when they did. A May/June 2012 date would've been perfect, especially for those after something shooty from being burnt out on all the RPGs.

Bethesda cancelling a promising looking game just because their marketing strategies were complete shit just doesn't make sense.
  • richarddavies 24 Mar 2012 18:17:42 5,983 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Real shame this. Hopefully it'll just get taken over by another developer, or if they get there shitr together maybe they could start a kickstarter type thing. Get some donations going to get the ball rolling again. I'd bung 50,60 maybe even a whole pound there way if it helped.
  • Page

of 46 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.