Prey (2017) Page 46

• Page

of 46 First / Last

Next
  • FatsoJetson 19 Sep 2017 07:03:04 347 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Zippity-zap Stun gun becomes very useful in the end part of the game against a specific enemy type.
  • wuntyphyve 19 Sep 2017 08:59:08 9,475 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FatsoJetson Cool well the speed I play that probably means at least another 10 hours!

Still don't feel as though I've done any proper exploring yet. Well, no that's stupid I have a bit, but have the irge to have a wander around again but everything is in lock down. Still to visit the Bridge, Power Plant and the Shuttle Bay as well. Feels like I have tons left. Still loving it though. Just did the bit where you open the cargo bay doors. Had a tone of guys standing there with guns and set up 6 turrets. I opened the doors, chucked a lure and the typhon got utterly annihilated. Felt good!
  • wuntyphyve 19 Sep 2017 08:59:40 9,475 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I will say hard feels well judged. Never felt too low on resources and always feels surmountable. Glad I didn't do it on anything less.
  • Zippity-zap 19 Sep 2017 11:05:50 201 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FatsoJetson Yes,I just completed it. That stun gun is essential for the operator spam.

It's such a tough game for me to judge. On one hand, the environmental design and exploration is just fantastic, as are the game mechanics. But...I never want to face such dull enemies again, even with the other endings and neuromod builds I didn't explore. So, zero replay value for me.

On PS4, there is also really annoying pop-in that becomes more pronounced the further into the game that you progress. The loading times are also terrible, which is greatly exacerbated by having to race around different locations in the endgame.

I still had a good time for the most part, and would rate it a solid 7.5/10.
  • Lotos8ter 19 Sep 2017 13:46:54 2,514 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    I will say hard feels well judged. Never felt too low on resources and always feels surmountable. Glad I didn't do it on anything less.
    Resources are fine but Normal is hard enough for me. I've been one-twatted a few times and the way that previously cleared areas are re-populated with higher level enemies on revisits is getting a bit tedious, although good for the atmosphere of the game and its true to the theme.

I've also unlocked a few Typhon abilities, like Machine Mind which means I can recruit the flying toasters to fight for me for 60 seconds and Kinetic Blast. Anyone who's completed the game will also know that these come at a price though....

/what's that coming over the hill....
  • docrob 21 Sep 2017 19:21:50 784 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So I'm making some progress. Got through the Arboretum, including a visit to Alex's office thanks to the Gloo Gun. What to do now? The story wants me to press on to Deep Storage, but I've also killed the Technopath who was stopping the lift from working (damn, I hate those bastards) and I could head back to the Lobby with Hendrik De Vries' keycard?
  • Duffking 21 Sep 2017 21:24:47 14,700 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nothing to stop you doing the latter if there's something down there you want or side quests you want to fill in.
  • damagedinc 21 Sep 2017 22:24:50 2,589 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So just started playing this. Bloody loving it so far, game has completely sucked me in.

Any tips for what mods I should be aiming for? So far one in

Health
    Carry
    Repair
  • Duffking 21 Sep 2017 22:29:13 14,700 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Your immediate priority should be stuff that gets you increased dismantling/crafting yield.

After that weapon upgrades are important, definitely upgrade the thing that lets you apply more upgrades once you start finding a lot of them, as are low level hacking and repair. If you like to explore thoroughly, you'll want repair at level 2 moderately early and can then leave it for a while, that'll help you get most good stuff. Leverage is OK but not that necessary if you keep a few recycler charges handy instead.

I wouldn't worry too much about it personally, if you're thorough exploring you should have a very good source of Neuromods and materials going before the halfway point.
  • mudskipp 28 Sep 2017 20:49:17 19 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Started playing this recently, really enjoying it so far. Was looking forward to a leisurely stroll in the arboretum before I caught sight of something on the other side of the door..

Are there any cut offs for the side quests? Some of them sound like the could be important for the story
  • wuntyphyve 29 Sep 2017 09:07:04 9,475 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Went back to this last night after a bloodborne break and love it as much as ever. Nearly maxed out all my mods (not touching typhon ones) and I'm pretty lethal now. Just made to to the power plant before calling it a night. Forgot how much I loved just climbing about the pipes and finding little secret routes etc.

Finally manage to take out a technopath without breaking a sweat. A lure, followed by an EMP grenade, sneak attack with my pistol then finished it off with the Q-Beam. Take that.

Edited by wuntyphyve at 09:08:09 29-09-2017
  • wuntyphyve 5 Oct 2017 08:39:12 9,475 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Right. Dahl is on the scene now. Surely one of the most awesome voices in video games. His military operators can do one though.

Completed the traesure hunt quest finally and found Grant Lockwood. I deactivated my tracking bracelet and have to go get Dahl but still need to meet Ihlyushin (sp?) and Igwe in my office to complete two quests. Hope it will still let me.

Must be nearing the end but it's too good.

Have no fucking idea what's going on though.
  • quadfather 5 Oct 2017 08:56:30 28,824 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

:D
  • ModoX 5 Oct 2017 09:05:03 2,811 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, it's about to go down.
  • wuntyphyve 5 Oct 2017 09:06:56 9,475 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tell you what though. I pretty much use nothing except the pistol. Fully upgraded, coupled with 250% damage bonus for sneak attacks and extra damage against marked enemies. It's a beast.

The only toruble with these types of games (and SS2 was the same if I remember) is that cautious fear gives way to gung-ho superiority eventually. It's good in a way as you overcome seemingly insurmountable odds, but at the same way the lack of tension as the game progresses is lamentable.

Thief. Now Thief did it right. You never became OP.
  • ModoX 5 Oct 2017 10:55:17 2,811 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I quite liked the progression, for the length of it (40ish hours for me) maintaining that level of tension would be bloody hard work. I probably wouldn't have finished it. You'd have to keep the game to 10-12 hours I reckon to do that, for me anyway.
  • wuntyphyve 6 Oct 2017 08:24:28 9,475 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So close now. Thought I would have finished it last night. Just got to decide now... blow the station or use the null wave jobbie.

Those respawning military operators were a problem til I realised I could just stack stuff in front of the machines making them! Although after I destroyed kaspar did it occur to me I could have just used gloo to block them...
  • ModoX 6 Oct 2017 08:41:37 2,811 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There are many boxes in front of machines in my game too :)
  • wuntyphyve 6 Oct 2017 17:10:40 9,475 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What an ending. Quite pleased with the path I took and I presume that is one of the more positive resolutions. I didnít expect it to be that at all.

Absolutely sterling game and one of my games of all time I reckon.
  • quadfather 6 Oct 2017 17:53:05 28,824 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

Great game isn't it. Glad you enjoyed it as much too
  • HelloNo 6 Oct 2017 18:18:17 1,965 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There seem to be two reaction to this game. Either "Eh, it was OK, limited enemy types." and "I've seen Jesus and he gave me a high five."

@docrob never thought of using the Gloo for that, nice thinking.
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Oct 2017 18:23:05 21,783 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    What an ending. Quite pleased with the path I took and I presume that is one of the more positive resolutions. I didnít expect it to be that at all.

Absolutely sterling game and one of my games of all time I reckon.
    You and a few others are swaying me, if it would just drop in price a few more pennies. I know it is cheap enough but not for me ;)
  • wuntyphyve 7 Oct 2017 01:07:11 9,475 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Itís amazing. But it depends on what you like I suppose. For me it ticked every possible box and even drew some of its own.

Duff, if ever a dev deserved your money for a game, itís arkane.

Still canít stop thinking about what I did to that shuttle ☹️ In fact Iím thinking a lot about my choices. This is soma levels of post-game analysis in my head right now.
  • Page

of 46 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.