Prey (2017) Page 44

• Page

of 47 First / Last

• wuntyphyve 9 Sep 2017 22:21:02 9,487 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Lotos8ter ha yeah it's nasty. I legged it!

Just met a poltergeist. You've got to be fucking kidding me...
  • quadfather 10 Sep 2017 12:57:00 29,412 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

:D

Also, I do not remember cargo bay 1 being this terrifying in SS2. Jesus it's properly creeping me out with the sinister music and the monkeys in the background
  • HelloNo 10 Sep 2017 13:30:47 1,978 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @quadfather You're making me want to give it another, mind if I ask where you dug the SS2 mods up from?
  • wuntyphyve 10 Sep 2017 14:05:46 9,487 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather can't remember the cargo bay much. It'll all come back to me once I get back to ss2. The whole game creeps me out.

Anyway spent about two and a half hours in the crew quarters and only seem half of it. Getting the hang of getting the drop on these phantoms though. I'm trying not to kill the mind controlled crew so just making sure I avoid them. Their dialogue is properly sinister though.

Seems like I have an optional treasure hunt to do as well...
  • docrob 10 Sep 2017 18:47:18 792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Went back to this in the last week. Went back to the starting area, got the disruptor, now feeling a lot less underpowered. Have progressed through Psychotronics and about to enter the GUTS.

Unfortunately have hit a game-breaking crash to desktop bug which won't let me re-enter the starting area. I think I have found a workaround online (starting a new game and swapping in its file from the save game folder) but my question is this: should I now go back, or tackle the GUTS first?
  • docrob 10 Sep 2017 23:23:43 792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Workaround doesn't, sadly. So this game is now dead in the water for me until they fix it. 😕
  • quadfather 11 Sep 2017 12:41:18 29,412 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    HelloNo wrote:
    @quadfather You're making me want to give it another, mind if I ask where you dug the SS2 mods up from?
    I think the whole lot were from systemshock.org. there's the hires textures, the flora one, the enemy models and the improved stars one. Looks great now
  • quadfather 11 Sep 2017 12:41:52 29,412 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    @quadfather can't remember the cargo bay much. It'll all come back to me once I get back to ss2. The whole game creeps me out.

Anyway spent about two and a half hours in the crew quarters and only seem half of it. Getting the hang of getting the drop on these phantoms though. I'm trying not to kill the mind controlled crew so just making sure I avoid them. Their dialogue is properly sinister though.

Seems like I have an optional treasure hunt to do as well...
    Treasure hunt is worth doing
  • JamboWayOh 11 Sep 2017 12:54:32 3,362 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I would really love a Prey sequel or maybe Bethesda can be done with it and buy the SS licence, take over the in development SS3 and get Arkane to Arkane the shit out of it.
  • wuntyphyve 11 Sep 2017 13:32:22 9,487 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Arkane would fucking nail ss3

Edited by wuntyphyve at 13:32:42 11-09-2017
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 11 Sep 2017 13:35:43 10,980 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I feel like I've missed some weapons or something. I'm in Psychotronics and still only have the pistol and gloo gun thing. Is that normal?
  • wuntyphyve 11 Sep 2017 13:37:17 9,487 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Decks you should have the shotgun and disruptor by now too.
  • JamboWayOh 11 Sep 2017 13:37:19 3,362 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    Do you think maybe we should post a self-entitled Change.org petition to get it made?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 11 Sep 2017 13:38:17 10,980 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    @Decks you should have the shotgun and disruptor by now too.
    Fuck really? How have I missed them?
  • wuntyphyve 11 Sep 2017 13:40:00 9,487 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Think I got the shotgun in the security station in the lobby in the ground floor. Disruptor is somewhere in neuromods I think
  • Lotos8ter 11 Sep 2017 13:41:19 2,523 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Decks you can get the shotgun very early and its well worth doing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBS5_rP_5eo

The gloo gun is also a portable platform creator - so if you see a higher floor, platform etc that you want to get to, try making a path with it. Just save first, so if you make a hash of it you can go back without losing ammo etc although gloo cartridges are in plentiful supply.

Definitely get the shotty though - best gun in the game and worth upgrading
  • Duffking 11 Sep 2017 14:42:58 14,855 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Decks the shotgun is downstairs in the Lobby iirc, in the security office near the cargo bay entrance. Worth going back for.

For the Disrupter, head back to the neuromod division where you started the game and explore upstairs in the lobby, you might have to gloo gun up there.

You can get the Q-Beam at this point too, IIRC.
  • wuntyphyve 11 Sep 2017 17:36:07 9,487 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Shit. Really? Is the Q-Beam in there? I've been picking up ammo for that bloody thing for about ten hours...
  • quadfather 11 Sep 2017 19:10:47 29,412 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    Well, they've got Warren Spector and whatshisname neumath bloke on ss3 so that's a good start
  • Duffking 11 Sep 2017 19:11:52 14,855 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @wuntyphyve no, it's back in the hardware labs. You have to go outside and fix something to gain access to the area with it from inside, it's down one of the corridors from upstairs in the room with the grav shafts.

You need repair II iirc.
  • wuntyphyve 11 Sep 2017 19:15:53 9,487 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Duffking huh. thought I had rinsed there. Right then. Back I go!!!
  • wuntyphyve 11 Sep 2017 19:16:27 9,487 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather I'm confident it will be awesome regardless :D
  • quadfather 13 Sep 2017 08:44:21 29,412 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

Where are you now?

Just about to go into the Rickenbacker.
  • wuntyphyve 13 Sep 2017 08:52:48 9,487 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather I've rinsed the Crew Quarters and back in the Arboretum about to go into Deep Storage.

Recent highlights:

Figured out the cook wasn't the cook and knocked him out as he opened the freezer as I suspected it was a trap. THEN found out he killed Abby, so met Danielle and ended up going back and throwing him off a balcony before twatting him in the head with my wrench. That'll end the cunt.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. So saved it and thought I would see what happened when I went in the escape pod. Interesting. My Neuromods killed me? Alex then seemed to suggest I had failed some kind of test? Is this a fucking simulation?

Golden gun. Just call me Scaramanga!!

Glad I set up a load of fortified turrets in the Arboretum before leaving for Crew Quarters. Cam back and they were laying into phantoms,mimics and operators. Means I just had to do a spot of cleaning up.

Also, got the Q-beam. It's alright. Prefer sneaking about with my (now golden) pistol.

Shit you at the Rickenbacker already? is that the ship that everything is upside down?
  • quadfather 13 Sep 2017 09:02:46 29,412 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

It's an interesting story but I wouldn't use the word you described.

Yeah seemed to have whizzed through it. Finding the fucking code in the art pictures took me the longest as usual.

Yeah that's the fucked up ship. Then there's the many area.

I'm seriously running out of ammo though
  • wuntyphyve 13 Sep 2017 09:12:00 9,487 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather I always run out of ammo. I really cant remember much of ss2 I need to get back into it. maybe later tonight...
  • quadfather 13 Sep 2017 09:16:46 29,412 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

I tried to use the fusion cannon on the robotic enemies instead of the assault rifle to leave some ammo for later, but because it's been so long playing, I'm constantly backtracking and encountering twats again.

Tried to do a run through to get the ops override key on deck 6 and save my ammo. Yeah, that didn't work.

However, I haven't used a single grenade yet, so I have a large stockpile of them.

This is on easy too ffs, so I can whizz through it. I can't imagine dealing with it on nightmare, or whatever the hardest skill is. You'd have to be super patient and pick your fights I guess.

Stats are all over the place as usual as well :)
  • wuntyphyve 13 Sep 2017 09:27:16 9,487 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather Fuck I'd started it on hard :(
  • quadfather 13 Sep 2017 10:16:32 29,412 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

You might do better than me though - I've got it streaming through the steamlink and as such, the kB and mouse are sitting precariously on my sofa. Mouse is mental sensitive as well.

I think what I'm trying to say is I can't hit shit
  • wuntyphyve 13 Sep 2017 10:55:43 9,487 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ha ha. Aye I might then. Although I really am not used to KB and mouse. Too many years on consoles!
  • Page

of 47 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.