of 4 First / Last

Previous
  • Rauha 15 Mar 2011 18:49:57 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Searched. Didn't find anything.

BETHESDA SOFTWORKS ANNOUNCES PREY 2

Sequel to Award-Winning Prey to be Available in 2012

March 14, 2011 (Rockville, MD) — Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced that Prey® 2, the sequel to the popular 2006 game, is scheduled for release in 2012 and will be available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Games for Windows. Further details on the game will be revealed in the May issues of Official Xbox Magazine and PlayStation: The Official Magazine, as well as in magazines throughout Europe.

Prey 2 is being developed by Human Head Studios, the studio that created Prey, the original, award-winning game. Prey 2 is being built on the cutting edge id tech engine from id Software.

“We are thrilled to be working with Bethesda on Prey 2,” said Chris Rhinehart, project lead. “Prey 2 will provide gamers the opportunity to explore a new facet of the Prey universe, one that offers fast-paced action in an open, alien world. We’re excited to show gamers the title we have been working on and hope they will be as excited by this title as we are.”

Continue to check http://facebook.com/prey2 for additional information on Prey 2 in the coming days.
  • Rauha 15 Mar 2011 18:52:23 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Main character: http://www.gamereactor.se/media/94/gamereactor83_239491.jpg
  • Deckard1 15 Mar 2011 18:54:00 29,220 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There's already a thread for it here

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• Rauha 15 Mar 2011 18:54:33 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Edit: -_-
  • Dirtbox 15 Mar 2011 19:00:02 78,897 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I liked the first one, I shall play this one too.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Dirtbox 15 Mar 2011 19:02:12 78,897 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Screenshot

• TechnoHippy 15 Mar 2011 19:04:35 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I quite enjoyed the first one too, I shall keep my eye on this.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Rauha 15 Mar 2011 19:08:59 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Screenshot

lol
  • Deckard1 15 Mar 2011 19:09:29 29,220 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah the first one was strange and enjoyable. Plus as dirtbox already pointed out, some of the doors were big moist vaginas which is always a bonus.

• coda 15 Mar 2011 19:16:58 1,868 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rauha wrote:
    Main character: http://www.gamereactor.se/media/94/gamereactor83_239491.jpg

Generic. One thing I really liked about the first game was that you played a character who wasn't just your average muscly brain-dead FPS stereotype, he was interesting and actually had a personality.
  • convercide 15 Mar 2011 19:27:09 6,163 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I liked the original too. It was an old school shooter without recharging health and massive guns that felt useful. Even though I always ended up using the sniper function on one of the earlier guns.

I thought Tommy was supposed to be back in this though? Doesn't look like him as the lead. :/

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Vortex808 15 Mar 2011 19:34:18 7,480 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The first was quite fun, I enjoyed it quite a bit from what I remember. Really surprised it's taken this long to make a sequel.
  • Deckard1 15 Mar 2011 19:40:14 29,220 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Didn't the first one take like 20 years to make or something?

• coda 15 Mar 2011 19:43:38 1,868 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Didn't the first one take like 20 years to make or something?

Well it was produced by 3D Realms, by their standards it was finished early!
  • Deleted user 15 March 2011 19:46:51
    So even this has a marine type in it now? What was wrong wive the indy dude?
  • Dirtbox 15 Mar 2011 19:47:24 78,897 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, the first one started development in 1995. 3D Realms are just completely fucking useless.

• Deleted user 15 March 2011 19:48:30
    That's pretty impressive, I'm assuming we'll see wang again in 10 years time?
  • Dirtbox 15 Mar 2011 19:53:17 78,897 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:
    So even this has a marine type in it now? What was wrong wive the indy dude?
    It was the boring, spiritual bollocks.

• DFawkes 15 Mar 2011 20:04:47 23,835 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    But it was different! I actually quite liked Tommy. I wasn't as much of a fan of his walking stereotype grandfather.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• warlockuk 15 Mar 2011 20:10:27 19,216 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The flipping between woo spiritual mode and normal wasn't too bad; the long, slow unskippable "training" sections with slow-arse grandpa sucked dolphin minge though. I enjoyed it a fair bit those bits aside so a sequel sounds grand.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Rauha 15 Mar 2011 22:49:41 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kotaku -

Prey 2 Drops You In the Shoes of a Human Bounty Hunter

Prey 2 will be a very different sort of game than the original first-person shooter, which starred Cherokee Domasi "Tommy" Tawodi and explored some of the mythos of native american spirituality.

In Prey 2, a source close to the game tells Kotaku, players will take on the role of a federal air marshal who is aboard the commercial airliner seen crashing in the spaceship early on in the original game. Prey 2 takes place during the same time frame as the original, but with this different perspective, we're told.

In Prey, Tommy sees a commercial airliner crashing onto the surface of the space ship he is on and hears a pilot calling in a mayday for "Seajay Air 6401." Later in the game Tommy comes across a human survivor of the crash in a holding cell.

'We were flying over Topeka and then the lights, the lights, the lights everywhere. They took us off the plane... They.. .there's a big one.. It eats... it eats," the survivor tells Tommy before losing it and telling him to shut the cell door.

Prey 2 follows the air marshal as he makes his way through the same ship, fighting off different warring alien factions with his pistol until an alien captures him. After that opening, used to tie the two games together, the game jumps forward, we're told, to a seedy alien planet that sounds a bit like the future Earth of Blade Runner. This is where the game really opens up, revealing the marshal as the only human on an alien planet working as a bounty hunter.

The game is meant to be an open world title with multiple ways to complete objectives, but at its heart it is still a first-person shooter, we're told.

Players will get clients via a communicator and gather information from the environment and the inhabitants by scanning non-player characters. These scans, we're told, reveal a character's intentions and identity.

We don't know much more about the game, but we were told that one twist to the first-person shooter mechanic is the ability to grip ledges for cover and a heavy emphasis on platforming.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 15 Mar 2011 23:14:02 14,559 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That airliner crash was one of the most memorable moments of the game, for sure.

Prey was fantastic, along with Oblivion it's one of the reasons I actually bought a 360. Loved the atmosphere and environments, the whole spaceship was so surreal.

Despite being glad they've linked in the sequel with a set piece (really only a 'blink and you'll miss it' scene) from the first game I'm disappointed not to be stepping back into Tommy's shoes. He was kind of an interesting character, leaving behind the weird Cherokee stuff I just thought he was (mostly) fairly relatable and a bit deeper than most FPS 'avatars'.
  • Rauha 16 Mar 2011 00:18:14 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Trailer: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51782/Prey-2-Debut-Trailer---Exclusive-Premiere/
  • Deckard1 16 Mar 2011 10:11:24 29,220 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That sounds pretty interesting actually. Fuck all to do with the original really, but interesting non the less.

• RedSparrows 16 Mar 2011 10:19:53 23,926 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Prey did fucked-up-alien-huge-ship-crazy-world really quite well.
  • Dirtbox 16 Mar 2011 10:23:36 78,897 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/59517/The-New-Prey-2-Reveal-Trailer-Is-Unbelievably-Realistic

Why do they think it's all CGI?

• DFawkes 16 Mar 2011 10:39:48 23,835 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/59517/The-New-Prey-2-Reveal-Trailer-Is-Unbelievably-Realistic

Why do they think it's all CGI?

I'm hoping it's either sarcasm, or it's just IGN being IGN.

Can't really judge well from that what the game will be like, but I'd happily take "more of the same".

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Buztafen 16 Mar 2011 10:53:56 16,493 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tommy was great in the first game. He acted more like a normal human would react in a similar situation...swearing at the freaky shit going on around him, almost throwing up and twatting anything that looked bad on the head with a wrench. He wasnt some silent dude who's a super assassin by night, he was believeable.
  • SomaticSense 16 Mar 2011 11:01:05 8,989 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Prey did fucked-up-alien-huge-ship-crazy-world really quite well.

The level design was absolutely amazing for what was essentially a corridor shooter.

I'm not sure any of the similar FPSs released since have surpassed it in that respect. There are plenty of much better games, but none have had better or more awe-inspiring level design to my mind.

edit: If I'm remembering the time scale correctly, it also did the whole 'mini-planetoid gravity mindfuck' thing way before Mario Galaxy too.
  • Deleted user 16 March 2011 11:02:05
    It had level design? I might have to play it then!
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous