The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

• Page

of 59 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 15 March 2011 16:13:28
    OoT 3D is arguably the most sought after title on the 3DS, so one would think it deserves its own thread.

edit: also want to get this forum up and running :)
  • Captain_Peach 15 Mar 2011 16:14:53 2,852 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FUCK YOOOOOUUUUU

:'(
  • Deleted user 15 March 2011 16:15:31
    :D
  • Razz 15 Mar 2011 16:16:22 61,391 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh Jaysus, what's with the 3DS category spamming :/

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Captain_Peach 15 Mar 2011 16:16:34 2,852 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Knew I shouldn't have spent so long wondering whether to add the "Legend of Zelda" prefix.

/sulks
  • Dolly 15 Mar 2011 16:17:02 3,236 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    As long as I can still molest chickens, I'll be happy.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 15 Mar 2011 16:17:33 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What are the extra bits and bobs that have been rumoured? GIVE ME THIS INFORMATION
  • Lexx87 15 Mar 2011 16:19:04 20,863 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Oh Jaysus, what's with the 3DS category spamming :/

In the other forum view it's an empty forum so everyone is making threads to put in it.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Dolly 15 Mar 2011 16:19:30 3,236 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Master Quest confirmed but the other 'teased' stuff is still all secret like.

They can fuck off shoving Mii's into this though. Leave well alone.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2011 16:31:48
    So what do you guys think will be added? New areas, characters, side missions etc?

Ive been hearing a lot of speculation about the non-released Ura Zelda being implemented. I remain doubtful though.
  • Dolly 15 Mar 2011 16:37:27 3,236 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm gonna shake this thread up a bit with a very important question;

Do you name your character 'Link' or use your own name?
  • neilka 15 Mar 2011 16:39:42 16,247 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dolly wrote:
    As long as I can still molest chickens, I'll be happy.
    Buying a 3DS doesn't mean you have to give up your other hobbies.
  • roz123 15 Mar 2011 16:40:21 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I use "Twat" its immature but it cracks me up everytime
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 15 Mar 2011 16:40:34 10,861 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It will be more tricks/gimmicks to take advantage of the control method, similar to the deku shot.

I seriously doubt there will be new areas or characters. Side quests would be nice but, given the previous history of Zelda side quests, would no doubt turn out to be a borefest...

I'm just giddy at the thought of replaying what is quite rightly a heralded game again after not touching it for years. The time and effort that has been spent at improving the visuals is commendable.

Now, hopefully Star Fox 64 3DS has had a similar coat of paint, as it was looking more of a half-way house last time I looked...
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 15 Mar 2011 16:41:29 10,861 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dolly wrote:
    Do you name your character 'Link' or use your own name?
    Link, in every Zelda game I've played without exception.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2011 16:43:51
    Me too, I'm that lazy.
  • Fake_Blood 15 Mar 2011 16:45:18 4,287 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm gonna buy this.
    I never finished oot first time around.
    You see, I was in this competition with my brother about who would finish it first.
    I lost and consequently stopped playing.

I also always use Link btw.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2011 16:49:45
    Same here!

Apart from LTTP, where i strangely called him 'Blanka' :/

.......I was young, and i think the green tunic maybe influenced my decision. And at that time, I was a big Street Fighter fan.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 15 Mar 2011 16:52:15 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Barry or Wayne.

Clive on handhelds
  • jablonski 15 Mar 2011 16:55:06 4,371 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    I'm gonna buy this.
    I never finished oot first time around.
    You see, I was in this competition with my brother about who would finish it first.
    I lost and consequently stopped playing.

I also always use Link btw.

(Repeat chorus)
  • Kay 15 Mar 2011 16:55:25 17,921 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't think they'll add anything significant to the main game - which is a good thing, as it's perfect the way it is and I'd rather they didn't pad it out by, say, adding an extra dungeon that most likely won't live up to the high standards of the rest of the game.

However, I'm sure there'll be plenty of cool new additions - side quests perhaps, new caves, a few new characters dotted around the landscape. No doubt there will be things that utilise/show-off the 3D, maybe a few unlockable minigames, a gallery. etc.

Having a portable OoT in 3D, and with performance improvements, would have been enough for me, but the new additions should make the playthrough that little bit more interesting. Shame it's still a good three or so months away.

Edit: Or what I_C said. That's what happens when I get busy whilst in the middle of writing a post.
  • Dolly 15 Mar 2011 16:56:01 3,236 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The reason why I jokingly asked about the character name, was that I remember seeing a preview of 'A Link to the Past' in Mean Machines or some other mag as a kid, and the text in the screenshot was a guy saying something in-game like "You must go to the the castle Andy".

I couldn't believe that they'd changed the main characters name to Andy... :p

btw I'm also a Link man, it's just wrong any other way.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 15 Mar 2011 17:00:14 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I hope they have changed the models of the general townsfolk. They look absolutely shit in the original.
  • Dolly 15 Mar 2011 17:05:48 3,236 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    I hope they have changed the models of the general townsfolk. They look absolutely shit in the original.

Saw a recent screenshot showing a few of them and they looked mint, you'll be glad to hear :) The strange thing with this game is that 'in my head' the N64 version still looks just as good as the 3DS shots. It's only when you see the old screenshots that you realise how minimalist/blocky it all looks.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2011 17:07:03
    btw, does the 3DS have a blow mic like its predecessor?

Im just speculating on how the Ocarina will function.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 15 Mar 2011 17:07:47 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    AWESOME! it really bothered me when I was playing it on the wii.

Not that I have any plans to purchase a 3DS...yet.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 15 Mar 2011 17:08:30 10,861 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just in case anyone missed the post in the 3DS thread, here's an excellent set of comparison screenshots.

I'm with you, Jazzy, but am relatively confident that all models have been improved. Not in a Perfect Dark XBLA way either!
  • Deleted user 15 March 2011 17:09:14
    Blowing into the DS or other games that used the mic to do things was one of the stupidest things imaginable and just a horrible horrible gimmick that was mildly entertaining the first time and then just annoying all other times after that. Especially games that forced it onto you.

"On the crowded train, playing a game to pass the time. Oh look, the game is forcing me to whistle to continue. I won't look like a complete tit at all."
  • Dolly 15 Mar 2011 17:15:53 3,236 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    As beautiful as those screenshots are (My god they are), the audio is what I get all warm and fuzzy about nostalgia-wise. I can vividly hear in my head the way your little fairy shouts 'Hey!' etc, and hum all the great tunes, along with all the other sound effects. Hopefully they've not arsed around too much with these.

• DFawkes 15 Mar 2011 17:15:59 23,335 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TearYouAsunder wrote:
    btw, does the 3DS have a blow mic like its predecessor?

I'm just speculating on how the Ocarina will function.

Interesting point - it does still have a mic, though I'm fairly sure it's now on the lower half of the console, just below the screen. That could work quite well. Though I also agree with meme that it makes you look rather crazy on a bus and it's an irritating gimmick if forced, some games made it optional (Nintendogs had you either whislting for your dog, or just tapping a button).

Also, it is beyond my comprehension why you'd not call him Link. I honestly didn't even remember getting the option at all, to the point I was so convinced you couldn't I had to watch some stuff on Youtube to jog my memory. He is Link. That's his name. If you put another name, you did it wrong. WRONG!

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Page

of 59 First / Last

Previous