Tribes Ascend Page 3

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• urban 17 Apr 2012 13:37:01 10,923 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well you have A tribes Ascend link in your sig. Either you're a big big fan or you work for a company involved...
  • Grom 17 Apr 2012 17:04:57 14 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you look at the link it has a referral id in it, so he probably gets some Tribes Gold or something if you sign up via his link.

I'm liking Ascend a lot - it's lost a bit of the charm of Tribes 1 but makes up for that with sheer fun and mayhem IMO. The playerbase does need to learn how to play though, as a team game it can be frustrating at times. When you get two good balanced teams though, it's superb.
  • Hexagon 17 Apr 2012 18:57:59 352 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    urban wrote:
    Well you have A tribes Ascend link in your sig. Either you're a big big fan or you work for a company involved...
    By that logic I work for GOG, Mozilla, and a few others out there as well. :)

GOG for Linux!

• dsmx 17 Apr 2012 19:02:46 7,555 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    and I work for zapp brannigan/fox/comedy central/.... well you get the idea.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Hexagon 17 Apr 2012 19:14:43 352 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Grom wrote:
    I'm liking Ascend a lot - it's lost a bit of the charm of Tribes 1 but makes up for that with sheer fun and mayhem IMO. The playerbase does need to learn how to play though, as a team game it can be frustrating at times. When you get two good balanced teams though, it's superb.
    Tribes: Ascend is my first game in the Tribes franchise and I am digging it too. I have to agree, though, when not even spamming commands helps and your team still doesn't do anything to edge the game into your favour, it becomes a pain to play. I have had a number of those. Still, I have also had a few gems here and there!

GOG for Linux!

• urban 17 Apr 2012 19:34:07 10,923 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I forgot how annoying people that spam 'I am the greatest' were.

Also. Female characters? where?
  • Tomo 17 Apr 2012 19:34:30 13,878 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Downloading now... this could be amazing. I really hope it is :x
  • DUFFKING 17 Apr 2012 19:42:40 7,085 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    urban wrote:
    I forgot how annoying people that spam 'I am the greatest' were.
    VGTA
  • Tomo 17 Apr 2012 20:15:24 13,878 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Also, does anyone want to 'refer' me as a friend to get themselves some XP?
  • Tomo 17 Apr 2012 21:25:08 13,878 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Played a bit of TDM... it's fucking ace :DDD

Can't believe I've never played a Tribes game considering how great this is. It feels properly old school too, which greatly appeals. None of this M16/AK27 nonsense.
  • Hexagon 17 Apr 2012 21:41:22 352 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    Sure. :redface:

GOG for Linux!

• urban 17 Apr 2012 21:45:41 10,923 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The spinfusor is probably my favourite game weapon of all time.

It's just pure skill. I forgot how much I loved grabbing flags at 200mph navigating the map + skiing while facing the other way trying to kill my assailants. By jeez. Welcome back Tribes 2!

urban wrote:
    Tribes 2 was and still is one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had, alongside the likes of battlefield 1942. It still confuses me how we managed to take steps away from that sort of game play and ended up with small map heavily close combat affairs.

I was 15 when Tribes 2 came out, I had just gotten my first PC and convinced my mum to get 'internet'. We I got hooked up with the fastest connection possible a whopping 56k, I joined a server in Germany and managed to get a 250ms ping! This became my home of online gaming for the next year and a half.

I mastered skiing, tracking the trajectory of flag runners and annihilating them in a cloud of blue plasma emitted from my disc launcher. Piloting the two? types of aircraft scout, transport/bomber. Infiltrating and sabotaging my enemies base, becoming an engineer and building both offensive and defensive emplacements to help tip the tide of the battle in my teams favour.

I was 15 years old and already playing a game which few games would ever come close to matching. No wonder I'm disappointed with Multiplayer games now, I was spoiled the moment I got online.

Hi Res are not the studio for the job though =[
    RETRACTED!
    Edited by urban at 21:47:33 17-04-2012
  • Tomo 17 Apr 2012 22:12:48 13,878 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hexagon wrote:
    Tomo wrote:
    I already signed up now... is it still possible?
  • Hexagon 17 Apr 2012 22:34:47 352 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    Hexagon wrote:
    Tomo wrote:
    I already signed up now... is it still possible?
    It appears not. You could sign up again...but I won't ask you to. ;)

GOG for Linux!

• graysonavich 18 Apr 2012 00:18:04 7,309 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Infiltrator's are a little too overpowered in a public CTF game :| They require a bit of brains to be dealt with until the player gets bored and switches to a heavy.
  • Tomo 18 Apr 2012 00:21:56 13,878 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I sunk a good 3 hours or more into this tonight. It's absolutely brilliant. I'm gradually getting the hang of building speed effectively. Gunna take a while to tease out the subtleties between classes though.
  • Hexagon 18 Apr 2012 01:24:56 352 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Infiltrator's are a little too overpowered in a public CTF game :| They require a bit of brains to be dealt with until the player gets bored and switches to a heavy.
    Technicians and Raiders take Infiltrators on just fine. Any class of the heavy kind will do fine too.

GOG for Linux!

• graysonavich 18 Apr 2012 01:57:27 7,309 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah I understand the rock paper scissors, but I'm talking about public CTF games here. A fairly decent Infiltrator can make my life hell (as Tech) just by relaying on teh fact that no one else in my team is going to help defend the generator room on certain maps.
  • Hexagon 18 Apr 2012 02:25:23 352 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Yeah I understand the rock paper scissors, but I'm talking about public CTF games here. A fairly decent Infiltrator can make my life hell (as Tech) just by relaying on teh fact that no one else in my team is going to help defend the generator room on certain maps.
    Don't see how public CTF games make a difference. CTF is all I play really. I deem myself to be a fairly decent Infiltrator and my life becomes hell when dealing with fairly decent Raiders or fairly decent Technicians. Team members failing to be good team members will impact everybody negatively.

GOG for Linux!

• graysonavich 18 Apr 2012 02:46:15 7,309 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    "Guys there's an Infiltrator in the gen room, rather than all rush to repair it at the same time, why not 1 person repair it and the other wait for him to come out of stealth?"

"SHAZBOT!"
    "SHAZBOT!"
    "SHAZBOT!"
    "SHAZBOT!"
    "SHAZBOT!"
    "LOOOOOOL CHAINGUN NOOB"
    "SHAZBOT!"
    "SHAZBOT!"
    "SHAZBOT!"
  • Load_2.0 18 Apr 2012 08:27:32 18,876 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    urban wrote:
    Tribes 2 was and still is one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had, alongside the likes of battlefield 1942. It still confuses me how we managed to take steps away from that sort of game play and ended up with small map heavily close combat affairs.
    Loved it! The exhileration of a really skillful highspeed flag grab then making it almost all the way back only to be cut down by a disc. Hah. Awesome.

Plus there were absolutley golden comedy moments with noobs flying gunships.
  • magicpanda 18 Apr 2012 08:59:31 13,262 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is fucking ace. Going to be spending a lot of time on this.

I am themagicpanda.
  • urban 18 Apr 2012 09:06:14 10,923 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone ever play the construction mod? That was fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usizf9NP3y8
  • urban 18 Apr 2012 09:08:23 10,923 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also. I think some of us got our player names wrong. I thought I was thescuz but my in-game name is just Scuz.

Mistermorriss I couldn't add you either...
  • DUFFKING 18 Apr 2012 09:21:00 7,085 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Potioninmypants wrote:
    I had a go and I'd say it could be great with clan matches. Just lost a match of capture the flag 4-0 where no one seemed to be taking out the enemy turrets.
    I'm not as into the fast unreal tournement type games like I used to be when I was younger but it's a very solid game and incredibly it's free to play. I presume it'd take ages to level up to justify paying for xp boosts. Won't be tempted myself. World of Tanks won't get me either.
    It helps once you break out of the beginner pool and get placed with higher ranks more often, up to rank 6 it usually matches you with beginners.
  • Grom 18 Apr 2012 11:17:20 14 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My ingame name is Kerans so hello to anyone I see online - add me if you like.

I normally play TCN which can be quite easy to rack up the frags, but I feel it's necessary for there to be a really strong base defence class. If TCN was underpowered it would make it virtually impossible to defend the gen/turrets against a reasonable team of attackers. As it is, the Jackal makes a good infiltrator extremely difficult to shift. Not so tough with most players though, as people tend to attack in exactly the same way each time which is trivial to counter.

TCN is a very busy class anyway, I work harder for the kills in that class than any other, and it does have its limitations. If you don't have some PTH flag chasers the TCN is powerless against enemy cappers.
  • magicpanda 18 Apr 2012 11:31:27 13,262 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The free 250 gold you from facebook is pretty easy to get and doesnt spam shit all over your account.

No idea what to spend it on though...
  • magicpanda 18 Apr 2012 11:31:27 13,262 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Hexagon 18 Apr 2012 11:39:20 352 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am FutureSuture by the way. I will add some of you when I get on the game later. :)

GOG for Linux!

• Page

of 7 First / Last