Tribes Ascend Page 6

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• urban 24 Apr 2012 14:35:42 10,893 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Height appears to slow things down, ain't you ever flown before?
  • FogHeart 24 Apr 2012 14:48:00 911 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There should be an ability given to all players - if you go supersonic, you get a shockwave that will Crush Enemies Before You.

Of course, even 400kph is just a third of the way there ;-)
  • DUFFKING 24 Apr 2012 16:58:38 6,489 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The new Raider weapons are insane, they'll be nerfed pretty quickly. I got 12 air mails in half a match earlier :/
  • FogHeart 24 Apr 2012 20:59:48 911 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can anyone confirm trouble putting down sentries on Katabatic now? Sometimes it doesn't work, I have to inv station again and try. The ghost is there and it's green put fire button won't deploy.

Someone else try it in a practice map?

Edit: yes, it's reported on Hi Rez's forums. It's actually pack deployment so other active packs like walls and cloaks are affected. And it may be all maps!

Edit 2: Glad I'm off on holiday for 3 weeks, by the time I return I hope they've bloody sorted that raider and the deploy bug out. With that sentry bug it takes me a lot longer to sort out def so any raider attacks and I don't get the time to set up.

Edited by FogHeart at 23:42:30 24-04-2012
  • urban 28 Apr 2012 19:20:22 10,893 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah I'm having trouble putting down sentries. sometimes it works sometimes it don't, weird bug that musta sneaked in with the latest patch.

Was totally loving this last night, slightly drunk and slightly high but I got 8 blue disc specials in a match which is definitely my best yet. MVP too.

So you heard it here, you want focus and skill in Tribes? Get fucked up!
  • Hexagon 1 May 2012 17:42:28 351 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DUFFKING wrote:
    Temple Ruins has huge hills everywhere. Generally I do a route around the map from my base to the enemy base, making sure I use two impact nitrons and a disc jump around the route but leaving enough time so that my health recharges by the time I reach the flag. I've seen 400kmh grabs on Temple Ruins by some players.

Generally I know a 250kmh or so route on all the maps aside from Sunstar though. I've capped a flag on Drydock in under 10 seconds before :D I've been practicing a back to front route on Arx Novena that will be nice too.

For reference, here's a vid of someone practicing a 310 grab on raindance:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq444Fzt-so
    And fuck it, here's a 400kmh one on temple:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9noDp1MDqk
    Amazing stuff. I already pat myself on the back when I reach speeds exceeding 200. I also don't have a clue on how to use impact nitrons as they seem to slow me down if anything. Sure they propel me into the air, but I lose speed at the same time as well.

GOG for Linux!

• urban 8 May 2012 17:41:37 10,893 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tartarus Update

No more flag punting, custom loadout slots, reduced vehicle costs, XP on custom servers exceeding 8 players, couple new maps etc

I've started buying stuff for this game. Slippery slope. Though the extra VIP 50% bonus helps!

Edited by urban at 17:46:06 08-05-2012
  • urban 16 May 2012 14:50:53 10,893 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So I've pretty much assumed an all out flag grabber/chaser role. What's everyone else enjoy doing? I tried Doombringer but it's fucking hard!
  • FogHeart 17 May 2012 04:00:27 911 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Either Tech or Doombringer. The latter isn't very rewarding - the forcefield goes down when the gen does, or it gets destroyed by tactical or orbital strikes, or mortar fire from halfway across the map, or if the flag stand is out in the open the grabbers can just bounce over them. The missile launcher rarely finds a grabber that stays airborne for long enough to target and when the missile is launched it is easily avoided using geography. And even with super heavy I can get knocked away from the flag with a spinfusor.

The good news for defence is that now upgrading assets pays dividends - so keeping the gen and radar up, and improving the turrets, will trickle credits for you to use to upgrade assets further, a nice virtuous circle.
  • urban 17 May 2012 04:17:53 10,893 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah i was glad they added that investor badge credit trickle. An odd omission in the first place.

Forcefield doesnt bother me as a grabber now as i'll do a scout run before a first grab. See what they've got. Mines are undoubtedly a pathfinders biggest enemy. Very difficult to see at 200mph!
  • Hexagon 17 May 2012 17:02:54 351 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The investor badge credit trickle does me little good as I played the hell out of the technician already and thus don't play as one anymore, or rarely. Meh.

GOG for Linux!

• FogHeart 17 May 2012 19:51:43 911 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Damn you! Tech isn't some profession you just pick up and then leave behind! It's about the nobility of keeping machines in good nick! It's about putting thieves and vandals in their place! It's about facing up to bullies who can kill you with one shot and outwitting them time and again to prove that might is not right!

It's not a class, it's a philosophy!
  • urban 19 May 2012 14:02:28 10,893 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There really isn't a lot of people on here that play this is there?
  • Hexagon 19 May 2012 18:36:50 351 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FogHeart wrote:
    Damn you! Tech isn't some profession you just pick up and then leave behind! It's about the nobility of keeping machines in good nick! It's about putting thieves and vandals in their place! It's about facing up to bullies who can kill you with one shot and outwitting them time and again to prove that might is not right!

It's not a class, it's a philosophy!
    Bro, you induce in me what I believe to be an exceptional felicity so keep up this technician spree of jollytivity or else I will put an end to thee.

GOG for Linux!

• Hexagon 19 May 2012 18:38:25 351 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    urban wrote:
    There really isn't a lot of people on here that play this is there?
    Quality over quantity, my friend. I am on the game every single day for numerous hours like a fly on poo, so why not join me? Don't worry, there will be breaks for the loo.

GOG for Linux!

• urban 20 May 2012 13:58:48 10,893 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Hexagon What's your tag?
  • DUFFKING 20 May 2012 15:03:46 6,489 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I play every day as well. Top, top game.
  • Zaiz 20 May 2012 16:59:20 370 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah, I used to play I just got burned out on shooters really hard recently, so I ended up playing ME3's multi.
  • urban 21 May 2012 14:31:13 10,893 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is it just me or do Blood Eagle seem to win more games? Could be being loopy but in CTF games Blood Eagle seem to dominate more often than not.
  • FogHeart 21 May 2012 17:09:39 911 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It was inevitable that team stacking was going to creep into this game, and I've noticed it taking place. And yes, I think BE seems to be the stack side of choice. It's not deliberate-whole-team-stacking, just two or three friends choosing the same side every time. Ever watch the sides fill up, and it's one up on BE for a few seconds, then DS get a player and a split-second later BE gets another? That's friends clickclickclicking on BE to join it as soon as a slot is free. If you get a couple of groups like this it'll lock down the opposition easy.

There are more shutouts than when I first started. The game design makes shutouts more likely as success gives credits which gives more resources which gives more success, a positive feedback loop. Teamplay between friends will start off this loop.

I can only hope that auto-team gets implemented soon and some servers run it.

Edited by FogHeart at 17:20:09 21-05-2012

Edited by FogHeart at 17:30:47 21-05-2012
  • urban 21 May 2012 17:16:52 10,893 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good, I was on a server earlier that had EIGHT sentry guns placed around the flag point and two doom bringers and they had 4 flag chasers who were extremely good. We didn't stand a chance.

Also how the fuck do you actually use the DB's Chain Gun. I can't seem to hit a single thing with it!
  • FogHeart 21 May 2012 17:24:33 911 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I purchased heavy bolt immediately, I don't get on with machine guns. But I'd suggets using the sabre to determine what's on its way and judge whether to wait for a lockon or switch the machine gun and begin to fire.

Protip: If the PTH does grab the flag, pull out the sabre and target and jet as high as you can. The higher the missile is when launched the less likely it will crash against a hill between the grabber and the missile.
  • DUFFKING 22 May 2012 12:47:23 6,489 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heavy Bolt is a nice weapon, but for a Doombringer it's just the wrong weapon IMO. Doombringers are supposed to stand bang on the flag using superheavy. With the bolt launcher, you've got one chance of hitting someone as they land. Chaingun lets you pepper them as they fly in AND out, meaning you're far more likely to get a kill. If you want to kill shit brute and jug are beter choices for a heavy.

Chasers are being buffed in today's patch, Rage perk now has larger radius and improves disc jumping massively. Apparantly makes it possible to DJ over the central bit on Drydock from the flagstand.

New Broot items too which should make him less shit.

Edited by DUFFKING at 15:01:05 22-05-2012

Edited by DUFFKING at 15:02:37 22-05-2012
  • FogHeart 22 May 2012 16:02:32 911 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I hear what you're saying, but I'm so shit at leading targets it's embarrassing. :redface: I'm pretty good at hitting enemies as they land but who isn't? It's an easy skill to obtain. I'm no dueller. I tend to win through dogged persistence (mines, sensors, turrets and fields going back up as soon as they're destroyed) and doing the unexpected ("Oh bugger he's moved the sentry again!")

As far as the Brute update goes, I'm hoping he becomes a support-defender - helping out at flag or gen room as he is needed. But doubtless for the first few days we'll see the usual four-of-the-updated-class attacking while everyone else screams about nerfing the new guns (not that last time they didn't have a point!). Prepare for some serious llama grabbing.

Edited by FogHeart at 16:08:00 22-05-2012
  • Hexagon 26 May 2012 20:45:48 351 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    urban wrote:
    @Hexagon What's your tag?
    FutureSuture I believe.

GOG for Linux!

• urban 28 May 2012 22:07:47 10,893 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    oh yeah, got you on already. me Scuz
  • munki83 28 May 2012 22:11:15 1,332 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just started playing this today and was suprised by how much fun it was scooting about as a soldier. Didn't top the leader boards but will be playing again and mite buy some booster packs or weapons
  • urban 28 May 2012 22:18:00 10,893 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Hexagon 3 Jun 2012 21:21:03 351 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    urban wrote:
    oh yeah, got you on already. me Scuz
    I won't be available for a while so don't delete me!

GOG for Linux!

• urban 13 Jun 2012 14:21:15 10,893 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not sure if the new content is a good or bad thing, they need to keep it clean. I'm worried it's going to become a bit of a cluster fuck!
  • Page

of 7 First / Last