Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

• Page

of 26 First / Last

Previous
  • Machetazo 11 Mar 2011 18:25:48 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Official page. This game is going to get some more exposure at PAX over the weekend, and from the enthusiasm from the assembled guests for it as they were chatting on this week's edition of G4TV's webshow, Feedback (two-thirds through). It definitely sounds deserving of it.

Screen-laden article. There was an air of malevolence, from what was demonstrated, along with, as the screens show...Colour :p There's a dynamic presentation, and as suggested in the article, that carries through to the character building aspect of the game. It would be brilliant, if PAX event saw the release of first gameplay for this game.
  • Machetazo 11 Mar 2011 21:13:13 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Preview by Shacknews. It includes combat and other details.
    It should be noted that what was shown at GDC was an one hour long, guided demo of a much larger experience. There's still a lot of work to be done on Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, but the passion for making a quality title and the potential for something special was clearly evident in what I was shown.
    Accompanied by Interview, with Big Huge Games' studio GM. Staff workling on the PC/360/PS3-bound 2012 release, include:
    Ken Rolston, lead designer on Oblivion and Morrowind. Also shining a spotlight on the upcoming title are names like best-selling author R.A. Salvatore and comic book legend Todd McFarlane.
  • Machetazo 28 Oct 2011 01:02:42 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This latest trailer features a good amount of gameplay footage, and is all about Fate and Destinies, and basically explains how you build your character in Kingdoms of Amalur as you play.
  • Blerk Moderator 28 Oct 2011 08:44:26 48,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I could've sworn I'd posted in this thread several times in the past.... Suspicious.

Anyway, this doesn't seem to be getting much attention but I think it looks pretty damn good. Fingers crossed it turns out great and is a surprise hit rather than just flying completely under the radar.
  • coomber 3 Nov 2011 18:05:07 337 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just discovered this game. I can't believe I haven't heard more about it. Looks amazing. I guess Skyrim is all anyone wants to hear about at the moment in terms of RPGs but this has the potential to be as good, judging from what I've read.
  • JBlokeUK 4 Nov 2011 04:29:04 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I too have only yesterday seen a few trailers for this and it does look and sound very good.

However with the release date scheduled for February 2012 it may have to wait for me as I'm planning on getting FFXIII-2 and Starhawk that month.

I like it when he's angry.

• Machetazo 23 Dec 2011 18:10:00 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A new spotlight video was released, Inside Reckoning: Combat. It focuses a lot on the impressive animation and combat flow, which emphasises player choice and character build, along with a look at the design practice that has gone into this aspect of the game's creation.
  • tendollarlameo 23 Dec 2011 18:46:43 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah I saw an episode of Reiner and Phil from GameInformer where they were playing this, and the game looks fantastic. An RPG with GoW-ish combat, awesome weapons and loot, just very awesome.
  • coomber 26 Dec 2011 16:16:00 337 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Combat looks like it's Fable-inspired (although presumably you can actually die in this game, so combat isn't a waste of time, like it was in Fable II/III). I have very high hopes for this.
  • robthehermit 14 Jan 2012 12:28:59 4,156 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Watched some videos of this today, it's definitely on my wanted list.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• tiger45 15 Jan 2012 13:04:31 4 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    coomber wrote:
    Combat looks like it's Fable-inspired (although presumably you can actually die in this game, so combat isn't a waste of time, like it was in Fable II/III). I have very high hopes for this.
    which emphasises player choice and character build, along with a look at the design practice that has gone into this aspect of the game's creation
  • UncleLou Moderator 17 Jan 2012 16:09:01 35,712 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This seems to be quite a big one, yet I've only heard about it recently, and this thread isn't exactly on fire, either. Weird!

Anyway, there should be (or already are) demos today for all three platforms. Looking forward to some impressions, I am not really near my PC these days.
  • Blerk Moderator 17 Jan 2012 16:12:36 48,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Going to grab the 360 demo and have a pop at this tonight. Hopeful that it'll be as good as it looks....

As for the 'no buzz' thing, I blame the name. It's terrible.

Edited by Blerk at 16:13:02 17-01-2012
  • neilka 17 Jan 2012 16:22:34 16,247 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Madingdong

Edited by neilka at 16:24:41 17-01-2012
  • robthehermit 17 Jan 2012 16:25:31 4,156 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Downloaded the demo lunchtime and watched a couple of videos. I'll give my thoughts on the demo once I've played it, but suspect it will be a definite purchase for me. It looks right up my street, bright, colourful action rpg. Mrs Hermit said it looks like Fable, but then she thinks everything is just like Fable. In her world there are only 3 games and everything else is just a copy. Fable, Doom and Crash Bandicoot. That's it. There are no other games. I suppose it doesn't help that all my games with the exception of the the occasional vehicle based game, fir broadly into those 3 templates.

All that aside though it does bear more than a passing resemblance, which can only be a good thing. On paper it sounds like a dream. R A Salvatore, Todd McFarlane, and some bloke who worked on Oblivion. I'm actually quite excited

• Machetazo 17 Jan 2012 16:38:17 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's coming out today! Stay tuned for more info on when the downloads are available.
    2 minutes ago via HootSuite
    - in response to a twitter question about PC/PS3 demos. Late breaking: No plans for Reckoning co-op, all multiplayer energy focused on "Project Copernicus" Amalur mmo.

Edited by Machetazo at 16:39:53 17-01-2012
  • glaeken 17 Jan 2012 16:38:35 11,221 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There does seem to be a lack of buzz around this one. Only heard about it a month or so ago and having watched some video's it looks really promising. I am getting the impression its going to be like Fable but in a more open world and with much more complex combat which sounds great to me. I will have to check out the demo when I get chance.
  • Deleted user 17 January 2012 16:43:06
    Recent Giant Bombcast interview with the developers:

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast/?podcast_id=274
  • Reacher 17 Jan 2012 16:45:13 854 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    What's the expected release date?
  • UncleLou Moderator 17 Jan 2012 17:00:44 35,712 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    February 9, I think.
  • philreeduk 17 Jan 2012 17:04:38 314 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So played the demo today, was looking forward to this but now im not so sure. Combat is serviceable, different play styles is cool and yet it still left me feeling completely indifferent about it! Art style isn't very good either imo :(
  • coomber 17 Jan 2012 17:33:01 337 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216517p1.html

IGN review in progress...
  • YenRug 17 Jan 2012 17:44:42 2,312 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thing I'm finding interesting is the way it allows you to completely respec your skills tree whenever you want, or at least that's what has been implied, allowing you to switch between combat, rogue and magic focus when you desire/need. It's a shame we've been screwed over on the pre-order bonuses in the UK, though; in the US they've got it so that nearly all pre-order stores give you the weapons of fate pack (9 weapon pack which give you rewards for using the weapon-shifting feature in combat), then Amazon get a bonus dowsing rod item for locating crafting/recipe items and GameStop (I think) get the token of fate which gives you a level boost at the start of the game. In the UK all three items have been individually split across GAME, Play and The Hut group, leaving The Hut giving you just the crappy dowsing rod by itself...
  • Deleted user 17 January 2012 17:50:25
    I only downloaded it because you get some items in Mass Effect 3 if you finish the demo apparently....
  • Peew971 17 Jan 2012 18:29:39 4,936 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Two guys from the dev team were on Weekend Confirmed and I hated their guts. One in particular sounded like a giant douche that knows it all.
    I secretly hope the demo will be shit.
  • uiruki 17 Jan 2012 18:31:35 3,708 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PC demo is up on Origin. 2.8 gigs.
  • natec87 17 Jan 2012 23:19:45 3 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DisneyJon wrote:
    I only downloaded it because you get some items in Mass Effect 3 if you finish the demo apparently....
    Mainly the same reason I'm going to download it, and my 360 friends has hyped it a lot so I'm going to see what all the fuss is about tomorrow.
  • robthehermit 17 Jan 2012 23:27:39 4,156 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I quite enjoyed the demo. It doesn't scream essential purchase, but it was good fun and I will probably have another crack it on Thursday and see how I get on with magic.

• uiruki 17 Jan 2012 23:39:58 3,708 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's pretty fun. I like the combat. The voice actors need to be rounded up and beaten with sticks, though. Sticks which may, in fact, do more convincing Celtic accents than they can.
  • Page

of 26 First / Last

Previous