Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous
  • bobmar360 9 Mar 2011 17:23:52 883 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So Tiger Woods still gets his name on the title of the yearly EA franchise, this time without his face on the front though, and a strategic 'The Masters' being the main item on the cover

The Demo is up on xbox and ps3 now

I am hoping it's as good as - and better than last years....

And that I don't play like Tiger has the last 12 months'
  • Deleted user 9 March 2011 17:36:41
    I hope they've kept that extra difficulty level they added last year (true-aim I think). Otherwise it's just too easy and not worth playing. However, when you don't have a circle and have to work out the distance yourself - can be tricky, especially approach shots.
  • dutchspeededup 9 Mar 2011 17:45:16 4,376 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I love the Masters, so this is a definite for me.

I wish they'd fix the poxy atmosphere-breaking crowds though. 15 people clapping in perfect unison is not impressive. And the commentary... "This one is headed straight for the dancefloor!"

Do one.
  • LionheartDJH 9 Mar 2011 17:47:12 19,359 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You can turn the commentary off dutch.

She dives for cheese pasties

• dutchspeededup 9 Mar 2011 17:54:09 4,376 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:

Ideally I'd like it on, but the repetition is maddening.
  • bobmar360 9 Mar 2011 17:59:10 883 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dutchspeededup wrote:
    LionheartDJH wrote:

Ideally I'd like it on, but the repetition is maddening.

I agree,

I wish they would bring back options like being able to design logos for caps, shirts etc, and tattoos

They had it on the old xbox in 2005 I think it was, my player looked awesome as it was a complete replica! (I didn't look like a complete hooligan lol)

Looking forward to online play, it's relaxing and fun instead finger on the trigger all the time
  • Deleted user 9 March 2011 21:30:33
    Well, this is ruined.

It doesn't even let you select clubs properly now, or tell you the distance of those clubs. Just gives you a percentage. And the caddy is annoying.
  • Gibroon 24 Mar 2011 23:02:43 1,314 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been playing the demo with Move quite a bit now and starting to love it. Took me a while to realise you really need a normal controller for selecting types of shot. It's unworkable with just Move.

The trickiest thing I find is the putting. Watching the screen while moving my club back to where the line for optimum power is, all the time trying to retain a normal putting stroke, takes a bit of getting used to and not nearly as natural as playing regular shots.

The controller is very good at picking up wrist movements, which, is probably good and realistic for real golfers but I'm worried it might put off some people because it can be unforgiving. I've managed to quite deliberately hook and slice shots, so if your swing is a bit sloppy your shot will reflect it.

A lot of that sloppiness will be countered as you level up, but I predict quite a tricky start to the campaign for some people if you only use Move.

I'll definitely be picking this up, it has all the challenge and satisfaction when playing the real game(almost).

• dutchspeededup 24 Mar 2011 23:09:40 4,376 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Does this have the three click function, or do you have to swing with the analogue stick?
  • StrayBezza 28 Mar 2011 18:14:27 202 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mmm............PS3 or Xbox???
  • thedaveeyres 29 Mar 2011 11:48:48 10,686 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Completely forgot this was out this week... colour me excited. I rate Everybody's Golf as a better game, but the opportunity to play Augusta is too great for me. One of the few courses in the world where playing the videogame is literally the closest you'll ever get to the real thing... unfortunately.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• StarchildHypocrethes 29 Mar 2011 11:50:50 25,412 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm definitely grabbing this. Augusta ftw!
  • cianchristopher 29 Mar 2011 12:12:40 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Jeez, these games are coming out earlier and earlier now.

Fucking hell, it's March 2011 - and we're getting PGA 2012 already?

I know it's a minor quibble, but that's completely ridiculous.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 29 Mar 2011 12:34:01 25,412 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Seeing as the Masters kicks off on 7th April though, it's fairly understandable.
  • Gibroon 29 Mar 2011 12:58:14 1,314 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll be picking this up on Friday. It has been a while since I bought a TW game but with Move support and Augusta in the game I can't resist.

The collector edition looks like it has 5 extra courses, might be worth going with that one.

edit: 5 extra courses not 12
  • StarchildHypocrethes 29 Mar 2011 13:16:13 25,412 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Looks like the Collectoers Edition is PS3 only annoyingly. I'd imagine it'll be DLC on 360.
  • thedaveeyres 29 Mar 2011 13:27:53 10,686 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers for the info on the Collectors Edition, seems well worth it.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Deleted user 29 March 2011 13:54:30
    Did I miss something in the demo - you can't choose your own club now, or calculate the distance, as the caddy does it all for you - rather than yardage it just gives you a percentage?
  • figgis 29 Mar 2011 14:07:00 7,383 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are you a blonde waitress Fluffy?

It's going to be exactly the same as the last 6 versions.
  • Gibroon 29 Mar 2011 14:07:19 1,314 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Greggywocky... wrote:
    Did I miss something in the demo - you can't choose your own club now, or calculate the distance, as the caddy does it all for you - rather than yardage it just gives you a percentage?

If you are doing the Road to Masters in the demo, the caddie does it all for you. Once you have completed the 18th hole with Tiger Woods, you start your own path and begin a 5 hole pre amateur event. You can change clubs, stroke style etc. There is a yardage on the cursor as well although it is small compared to the percentage number.
  • Harmonica 29 Mar 2011 14:26:14 966 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Probably going to jump on the 'it's got Augusta so hell yes' bandwagon, unless some awful reviews arrive.

FluffyTucker wrote:
    Wish they'd replace him with someone else, haven't been able to buy a golf game in years now

Yeah I heard that for every thousand copies of the game sold, Woods goes out and has an affair with someone. So you're directly sponsoring his philandering if you buy this game.

What
  • StarchildHypocrethes 29 Mar 2011 14:38:23 25,412 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone got any idea what the DLC courses are going to be priced at?
  • pinhead 29 Mar 2011 14:48:22 8 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I will be picking this up. Mainly due however to the fact that the live servers were switched off for TW09. This version will support my online golf gaming habit out until the new consoles are released. Unless EA get a twitchy server power socket finger again...
  • Rigu7 29 Mar 2011 14:49:38 112 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Greggywocky... wrote:

You can choose to play a custom shot which allows you to select your club and shows the yardage for a 100 percent swing with that club. e.g on tee press L1 and R1 to cycle between the caddie's recommendations or your own preference.

The caddie gives you a couple of safe options, but you can set the shot up completely yourself, changing clubs with L2 and R2 and moving direction with the d-pad. You can also alter 100 percent distances by moving the right stick for your grip and pressing r3 to choke the club. Part of the game, apparently, is that when you start out your caddie knows jack shit about some courses until you play them frequently and he levels up his "Mastery", so often your own shot needs to be calibrated.

According to this you can disable the caddie stuff.
    http://www.ea.com/uk/news/tiger-woods-12-getting-along-with-caddie

I've not bought a EA golf game in years because of the nu-metal presentation, but Augusta and the soothing tunes have suckered me into pre-ordering.
  • StrayBezza 29 Mar 2011 17:38:18 202 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just ordered the Collectors Edition PS3 - Gameplay 37.99.............Nice.
  • ronuds 29 Mar 2011 17:48:43 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is there a demo on 360?

I had the one from 2009 or so and it was gash. I had never played a TW game and I was getting birdies on every hole straight away.
  • LionheartDJH 29 Mar 2011 17:51:43 19,359 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm pretty sure there is, think I saw it on there the other day. You can make the game harder you know, there's difficulty sliders in the proper game. You should buy this game anyway, cos you can use Gameface to scan yourself in, so you can see what you look like with hair! :p

She dives for cheese pasties

• ronuds 29 Mar 2011 17:56:12 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My 360 avatar looks surprisingly close to what I look like!

I know you can make the game more difficult, duh! I was playing on normal and it was just way too easy. Besides that, it wasn't that great.
  • Deleted user 29 March 2011 17:59:40
    Ah, cheers chaps. Might pick this up now. The 'realistic' difficulty level last years was a vast improvement - was worried for a moment they'd dumbed it down again.
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous