New extra terrestrial discovery Page 2

• Page

of 3 First / Last

• Deleted user 5 March 2011 22:54:01
    Not a day goes by without the internet surprising me. I saw a site advertising those fleshlights, is it? You can now buy alien ones. I mean, firstly having a fleshlight in the first place what the fuck, but an alien one? double what the fuck. I really need to stick to just browsing the BBC and Eurogamer.

utterly tragic... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcusl4jv2_U

• TechnoHippy 5 Mar 2011 22:56:13 14,719 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You think sticking to Eurogamer is going to save you from encountering internet perversion?

:-)

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• mal 5 Mar 2011 22:59:50 22,677 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:

Exactly my thoughts.

Although Ceres is thought to have liquid water under the surface. Mass creates gravity which creates energy which creates endothermic heat after all.

I'd have thought it more likely that the weight of the ice at the surface (due to gravity) would cause the ice at the bottom to melt, since pressure reduces the melting point, but I didn't know Ceres had that much water, ta.

I guess that makes it unlikely the meteroite came from Ceres - take a chunk out of Ceres and all you get is a block of ice that'll melt soon as it touches the Earth's atmosphere. But I guess many of the meteroites in the asteroid belt came from other solar systems, the belt acting like a sort of massive fly trap, knocking them into orbit.

I think it's Saturn, and maybe some of the moons of gas giants that are thought to generate heat (exothermic, if you like ;) due to gravity and the rotation of the core - friction generating heat.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Deleted user 5 March 2011 23:01:17
    Techno Hippy wrote:
    You think sticking to Eurogamer is going to save you from encountering internet perversion?

:-)

Good point.

Clicking links on this forum is like russian roulette :D
  • Metalfish 5 Mar 2011 23:05:12 8,830 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Livetext_beta_tester wrote:
    There is no doubt that life exists throughout the entire universe.
    There's so much to be pedantic and misrepresent in this sentence that I don't know where to start. :-)
  • Deleted user 5 March 2011 23:09:11
    Metalfish wrote:
    There's so much to be pedantic and misrepresent in this sentence that I don't know where to start. :-)

Go back a few hundred years and humans believed everything revolved around Earth. It's interesting this condition that the human race think they are the special ones in the entire universe. They are the only intelligent life in the entire universe, do me a favour love.
  • LetsGo 5 Mar 2011 23:43:07 5,270 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So its officially fake, what a shame :(.
  • mal 5 Mar 2011 23:50:18 22,677 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Link?

• LetsGo 5 Mar 2011 23:55:55 5,270 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Here
  • Lexx87 5 Mar 2011 23:57:13 20,863 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah it doesn't say that what so ever.

It says fake 'exclusive' not fake story, as in they didn't get there first.

"As much as we love aliens, this is not news. Hoover has been claiming to have fossil evidence of alien bacterial life for years. Here he is in 2004, on some website called panspermia.org, with the exact same 'discovery' reported in today's Fox News article:"

Speak the truth hussy!

• LetsGo 5 Mar 2011 23:58:23 5,270 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would love it believe it but its no surprising news like this always come from dodgy people.
  • Lexx87 5 Mar 2011 23:59:43 20,863 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You were talking shit accept it.

Speak the truth hussy!

• LetsGo 5 Mar 2011 23:59:45 5,270 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    Yeah it doesn't say that what so ever.

It says fake 'exclusive' not fake story, as in they didn't get there first.

"As much as we love aliens, this is not news. Hoover has been claiming to have fossil evidence of alien bacterial life for years. Here he is in 2004, on some website called panspermia.org, with the exact same 'discovery' reported in today's Fox News article:"

So NASA have known about it for years and its never been proved to be ET life.
  • Metalfish 6 Mar 2011 00:09:30 8,830 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Metalfish wrote:

Go back a few hundred years and humans believed everything revolved around Earth. It's interesting this condition that the human race think they are the special ones in the entire universe. They are the only intelligent life in the entire universe, do me a favour love.
    Erm, right, read what was said again. Specifically, there is doubt that life exists throughout the entire universe because we've only seen it in one place. This doesn't mean that it isn't astronomically improbable that it can only exist in one place. Hence being pedantic. Also, 'throughout the entire universe' can also be misinterpreted because, again pedantry, it can only exist, as far as we're aware, in fairly specific circumstances. All in all, it was such a spectacularly bad sentence stating something I broadly agree with that I thought I'd poke some lighthearted fun at it.
  • LetsGo 6 Mar 2011 00:32:09 5,270 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think we are all in a game like 'the sims'.

Infact someone is clicking on a character now and saying 'post on forum'.
  • phAge 6 Mar 2011 11:50:56 24,386 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Metalfish wrote:

"Do me a favour, love"?

Do you have anything, anything at all, to back up that facepalmingly stupid and arrogant attitude?

The general consensus in the SETI community is that intelligent life in the universe is either exceedingly likely, or highly improbable - but we have zero idea which is true. But I guess they could just give you a call, eh?
  • NOSAVIOUR 6 Mar 2011 12:10:11 2,804 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd like an explanation for this
  • LetsGo 6 Mar 2011 12:13:18 5,270 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:

Lololololol.
  • Deleted user 6 March 2011 12:29:46
    LetsGo wrote:

If that is true, my player is a fuckin tard.
  • sirtacos 6 Mar 2011 14:20:31 7,316 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LetsGo wrote:

There's actually a "troll on forum" button in Sims 3. Which is depressing on too many levels to list
  • SpaceDave3000 6 Mar 2011 14:30:15 78,388 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    I fucking LOVE Destination Truth.

Couldn't care less how truthy it is, it's a great show regardless. Busting third world retards' myths is worth the watch and it's pretty funny to boot.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• FWB 6 Mar 2011 14:34:10 44,832 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Haaaaaaaaaaallo researcher Jael!
  • LetsGo 6 Mar 2011 14:41:28 5,270 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sirtacos wrote:
    LetsGo wrote:

There's actually a "troll on forum" button in Sims 3. Which is depressing on too many levels to list

Haha! Really?

My guy keeps spamming that button.
  • Lamb 28 Aug 2012 14:54:17 474 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Meet our new alien overlords the "Peacock Mantis Shrimp". :p :D

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=peacock+mantis+shrimp&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=-ss8UOKNIKHU0QWN0YGoBg&sqi=2&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1837&bih=952

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2194696/What-learned-year---pictures-New-Scientist-shows-stunning-Top-10-images-discoveries-2012.html
  • sirtacos 29 Aug 2012 02:38:52 7,316 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There are many bacteria/microscopic organisms here on Earth that can supposedly survive the vacuum of space. Whether any of them can survive long enough to make it to another star system - or reproduce in space? - is another question entirely. Such a journey, unless it occurs within a system - say, from Mars to Earth - could take many hundreds or thousands of years.
    I'm no scienticisist, but it seems possible. Especially given the size of some space debris (some of which carry ice - perfect for preserving interstellar hitch-hikers).

Wait, I posted in this thread before... never mind then

Edited by sirtacos at 04:46:29 29-08-2012
  • mal 29 Aug 2012 03:10:27 22,677 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Given the bacteria they dug up from the bottom of Antarctica was successfully revived after millions of years, I don't see any reason why certain bacteria frozen into a bit of ice on a rock and sent into space couldn't successfully revive if they landed on a temperate planet. Biggest danger would probably be the melting and refreezing that occurs when an asteroid orbits close to a star and becomes a comet.

• Page

of 3 First / Last