Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Next weeks little preview video

Trial starts and Yara is in it
  • kinky_mong 6 May 2014 12:16:00 10,127 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    Hm, Lysa murdering Jon Arryn at Littlefinger's prompting HAS gone rather unremarked.
    Funnily enough I completely missed this until a book reading friend mentioned "Wow, massive plot event in this episode!" to me afterwards. I imagine many other people missed this too as they can't remember who Jon Arryn is due to him never appearing alive on screen, rarely being mentioned after series 1, and Lysa not appearing since series 1 either.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• killersrquiet 6 May 2014 12:16:23 1,960 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think some people confuse storytelling with filler. I love the slow nature of some episodes, pieces of the puzzle move around westoros while it seem like nothing is happening but in reality the wheels are in motion the whole time.

Such a fantastic series
  • macmurphy 6 May 2014 12:23:20 999 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • macmurphy 6 May 2014 12:25:04 999 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Littlefinger has such a shit accent. It went from English to full blown Irish. My wife asked where's he from, and I said he's American or English as he can't be Irish, his accent's shit.

He's Irish. How the fuck?

For those that want to see how much his accent's drifted, here's an early episode:

• Physically_Insane 6 May 2014 12:25:57 8,754 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It sounds more Welsh than Irish to me.
  • Baihu1983 6 May 2014 12:27:43 3,391 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm starting to think the poster who said he uses two voices a few pages back is right.

One for show in front of the Kings Landing lot and then the other we get now.
  • nickthegun 6 May 2014 12:32:29 59,425 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THAT WAS ME!

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• GuiltySpark 6 May 2014 12:34:55 6,356 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    geeza2020 wrote:
    Where the heck is Theons sister? Didn't she set off to find him about two seasons ago? Not seen her since...
    I've been thinking this, perhaps they are saving it for the 'event' episode of this season? Would still be good to have a catch up though, I guess many people would have forgotten about it by now.

Get bent.

• YenRug 6 May 2014 12:40:41 2,119 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Another filler episode, I get the reasoning behind establishing the whys and wherefores while budgeting for the grand finale but I just wish it wasn't so dull.
    Hate to point this out, but the show is called "GAME of THRONES", not "LOTS AND LOTS OF SWORDS TO THE HEAD/GUTS".

It's all about the intrigue, machinations and maneuvering (both physical and mental) involving the key players of "THE GAME". If the season consisted of 10 episodes purely of people being butchered, you would eventually have people asking, "But, why?"

I'm not saying that it's not long-winded, mayhap even boring, but you're complaining about the core concept of the show, the battle sequences (big and small) are purely the decoration on the top of the cake. If you've licked off the icing and decided to leave the cake, then maybe it's not the cake for you.
  • Furtive_Pygmy 6 May 2014 12:43:27 862 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    I like the new comedy duo of Brianne and Podrick too. :D

Edited by Furtive_Pygmy at 12:43:35 06-05-2014
  • macmurphy 6 May 2014 12:47:02 999 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    I'm starting to think the poster who said he uses two voices a few pages back is right.

One for show in front of the Kings Landing lot and then the other we get now.
    Sorry if it's been commented on before. Don't know about the two voices thing, I just remember watching it after a series break and thinking 'That bloke used to be English.' I will wait and see what accent he cracks next time he has a big King's Landing scene.

Can't believe an actor would be so shit at controlling an accent, especially if he's Irish himself. My guess is some half assed producer asked him to 'Oirish' it up for glamour, to hell with continuity.
  • Deleted user 6 May 2014 12:51:27
    @macmurphy

"Who taught you that shite."

"I bet his hair's greasier than Joffrey's cunt."

"Meryn Trant had Amrour. And a big fucking sword."

@GuiltySpark She didn't set off until the last episode of last season did she? Even given the time span, it must be over a month since they departed.

Edited by feeg86 at 12:54:03 06-05-2014
  • Baihu1983 6 May 2014 12:59:24 3,391 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    twelveways wrote:
    I'd be surprised if she did kill him. I'm expecting him to be killed by his brother and her being really upset and learning to fight with his sword...

Does he still have his helmet?
    Don't think he has worn it since the very first episode?

Not noticed it in any of the scenes with him and Arya.
  • DiddlerDo 6 May 2014 13:17:53 1,421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    ubergine wrote:
    Hm, Lysa murdering Jon Arryn at Littlefinger's prompting HAS gone rather unremarked.
    Funnily enough I completely missed this until a book reading friend mentioned "Wow, massive plot event in this episode!" to me afterwards. I imagine many other people missed this too as they can't remember who Jon Arryn is due to him never appearing alive on screen, rarely being mentioned after series 1, and Lysa not appearing since series 1 either.
    It was a holy shit! Moment for us and the missus completely missed it until I rewound it. He also looks directly at the camera after the reveal which is awesome. Proper forth wall breaking as he just revealed being the most important fucker in the whole show.
  • DUFFKING 6 May 2014 13:34:43 7,212 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I noticed not many people in here commenting on it. It's probably the biggest reveal that's happened in the show up until now.

I mean, it means LF was behind basically everything.
  • Mola_Ram 6 May 2014 13:38:41 7,215 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It didn't really seem all that surprising to me (even though, as a book wanker, I already knew). Littlefinger has been in on just about every plot there is.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 13:45:07 06-05-2014
  • Psychotext 6 May 2014 13:41:14 53,933 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    twelveways wrote:
    I'd be surprised if she did kill him. I'm expecting him to be killed by his brother and her being really upset and learning to fight with his sword...
    That would be worth seeing, seems like he can barely lift it so watching her use it would be interesting. :D
  • ubergine 6 May 2014 13:43:36 2,326 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You could go back and watch season 1 and wonder what ELSE he was lying about.

Also, Littlefinger explains that his natural accent from The Fingers (where he is from) is common, and he puts on a posh accent in King's Landing, in some ep or other.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• DiddlerDo 6 May 2014 13:45:51 1,421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Littlefinger's odd accent just fits perfectly into his entire persona. You don't know who he is or what he's up to. It is perfect acting-whether accidental or not! - that his accent is the way it is imo.
  • Deleted user 6 May 2014 13:45:52
    Missed him looking at the camera as I was pretty open mouthed when Lysa started talking about Jon Arryn. That shit cray.
  • PazJohnMitch 6 May 2014 13:49:23 7,997 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Little finger probably has 2 accents.

Apologies if his history has not been discussed in the show. So the following spoiler is an explanation as to where the term Little finger comes from for anyone interested. (History only. No future).

Lord Baelish is from the smallest estate in the whole of Westeros. There a 5 small juts of land referred to as the fingers. Baelish is from the smallest of these. Hence little finger.

In Westeros power is general determined by the size of your estate and the number of people below you. This in turn is linked to the army you can form. Baelish can pull together about 10 sheep farmers. That's it he is the laughing stock of the established aristocracy.

So Baelish has gone from position of lowest aristocrat in the whole of Westeros to fiancÚ of one of the 7 major kingdoms. This is quite a change of station.

Given his relatively very low upbringing it is possible the one voice is his supposed real voice and the other is the one used to sound posh. And therefore deserved of his current title.

Edited by PazJohnMitch at 13:49:50 06-05-2014
  • Dirtbox 6 May 2014 13:50:21 77,686 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Another filler episode, I get the reasoning behind establishing the whys and wherefores while budgeting for the grand finale but I just wish it wasn't so dull.
    Hate to point this out, but the show is called "GAME of THRONES", not "LOTS AND LOTS OF SWORDS TO THE HEAD/GUTS".

It's all about the intrigue, machinations and maneuvering (both physical and mental) involving the key players of "THE GAME". If the season consisted of 10 episodes purely of people being butchered, you would eventually have people asking, "But, why?"

I'm not saying that it's not long-winded, mayhap even boring, but you're complaining about the core concept of the show, the battle sequences (big and small) are purely the decoration on the top of the cake. If you've licked off the icing and decided to leave the cake, then maybe it's not the cake for you.
    Stop being precious about it, it's a TV show and it's meant to have entertainment value. Without exception, these establishing episodes have almost no substance beyond explaining where people are and it's frankly dull.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Darren 6 May 2014 13:57:30 8,776 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    I think some people confuse storytelling with filler. I love the slow nature of some episodes, pieces of the puzzle move around westoros while it seem like nothing is happening but in reality the wheels are in motion the whole time.

Such a fantastic series
    Completely agree but I do think this series is best enjoyed as 2 or 3 episodes per night over the course of the week when it is far easier to follow all the different sub-plots and characters. As a weekly show that often skips characters for two or even three weeks then it is harder to follow IMO (as someone who has not read the books). I guess this is why I always enjoy rewatching the previous season BD boxset ahead of the new season being shown. I also think the series would work better as a 13 or 15 episode season as I'm sure there are many sub-plots left out of the TV series that are in the book.

Edited by Darren at 14:01:25 06-05-2014

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• DiddlerDo 6 May 2014 13:58:29 1,421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Well if you ignore all the stuff that happened alongside the series defining exposition then yeah, I can imagine it wasn't very entertaining.

Edit: not meaning to sound precious, I'm just completely at a loss how anyone could be following the series and not have found that episode to be fucking tits.

Edited by DiddlerDo at 14:04:17 06-05-2014
  • Darren 6 May 2014 14:00:28 8,776 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    geeza2020 wrote:
    Where the heck is Theons sister? Didn't she set off to find him about two seasons ago? Not seen her since...
    I've been thinking this, perhaps they are saving it for the 'event' episode of this season? Would still be good to have a catch up though, I guess many people would have forgotten about it by now.
    Yes, she was seen in the last episode of season three saying she was off to rescue her brother and nothing has been seen of her since. But then Theon has hardly been seen this season either. I think the 10 episode per season format is to blame for this though; there's simply so much stuff to cram in that it's not possible to follow every character or sub-plot even every two weeks.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Baihu1983 6 May 2014 14:04:32 3,391 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    feeg86 wrote:
    Missed him looking at the camera as I was pretty open mouthed when Lysa started talking about Jon Arryn. That shit cray.

Its a blink and you miss it type deal. Might not even have been deliberate breaking the 4th wall.
  • PazJohnMitch 6 May 2014 14:07:45 7,997 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They cannot kill someone every episode as it would spoil the show as you would be expecting it.

There needs to be episodes where less happens so that the big things carry more gravitas.
  • DiddlerDo 6 May 2014 14:09:03 1,421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I've completely forgoten about Ricken...?
  • DiddlerDo 6 May 2014 14:11:14 1,421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    feeg86 wrote:

Its a blink and you miss it type deal. Might not even have been deliberate breaking the 4th wall.
    Yeah it could have been accidental but given it is the biggest reveal of the entire show I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt!
  • Page

of 288 First / Last