Game of Thrones (HBO TV SERIES) @ U.S. Pace - NO BOOK SPOILERS! Page 138

• Page

of 288 First / Last

• Tonka 7 May 2013 07:54:48 20,238 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Jesus christ. Pay attention to what you're watching and you won't sound quite so retarded
    Whilst your contribution to the thread paints you in the most favourable light.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Salaman 7 May 2013 08:29:48 18,959 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Ack spoilers!
    Yeah, so the idea is. If you see this thread bumped on a Monday, make a mental note not to forget in the evening to watch it and then come back here.

Actually entering the thread will mean you step into the middle of a discussion on the latest episode, by people who just finished watching it.

So don't do it.
  • Salaman 7 May 2013 08:37:11 18,959 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Oh noes... but now he has nothing to gain from leaving...Where is he going btw? I cant keep track of all the castles.
    He's been promoted master of Harrenhal I think and has now received permission to go to the Eeyrie or however you spell the thing.
    Some old castle high up on the Vale. Some halfway place between King's Landing and Winterfell (east coast).

It's where Jon who was hand of the king two hands ago (pre-Eddard) was from and where his widow, Catelyn's suster (Lysa I think?) is holed up with her sickly son. Mourning her Jon.

I think you need to rewatch 2 episodes ago (or is it three?) for the conversations where he is told he gets to go off to the Vale and Tyrion is appointed master of coin in his place.
  • Shikasama 7 May 2013 08:41:12 6,759 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He's been told to marry Lysa Aryn which makes him Lord of the Vale AND Master of Harrenhal which makes him seriously powerful. He'll be one of the highest ranked nobles in the Seven Kingdoms.

He plans to take Sansa with him because he, as with everyone else, knows that she is the 'key to the North' and with her he'll basically have two of the seven kingdoms rightfully his.
  • Salaman 7 May 2013 08:56:54 18,959 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Except he's now sailed off sans Sansa, as she's to marry Tyrion. Which is what that scene was about. Her frustration at going from "Yaaay, I get to leave this dreaded place and go to the Vale to my aunt and nephew with this kind guy who seems to mean well." to "holy shit I get to marry Loras!?! OMFG!" to "No there must be a mistake? Marry Tyrion!?" and as she's trying to get over that shock, the ship that should have taken her to the Vale leaves.

She'd probably settle for no marriage and a stay the Vale at this point.

Edited by Salaman at 08:59:42 07-05-2013

Edited by Salaman at 10:23:09 07-05-2013
  • Tonka 7 May 2013 09:35:43 20,238 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thanks. I personally don't understand why people seem to actually like Harrenhal. Seems like little more than a huge damp ruin to me.

Sad to see Littlefinger go. I'm hoping he stayed but if he's to be married then I guess it's tata for a while.

• President_Weasel 7 May 2013 09:37:39 9,208 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lysa Arryn is Catelyn Tully's sister, the mad breastfeeding lady from season 1 who tried to have Tyrion killed but had to let him go when Bronn killed Ser Vardis Egan. She's the widow of Jon Arryn who was Lord of the Vale (and Hand of the King before Ned Stark); the Vale is a great big chunk of the east of Westeros, one of the original seven kingdoms. If Littlefinger marries her he basically gets a kingdom.
  • Deleted user 7 May 2013 09:45:38
    Thank for clearing that up, i was going to rewatch the episode tonight, or the last half hour anyway. I got a bit confused with that myself.
  • Shikasama 7 May 2013 09:47:10 6,759 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Thanks. I personally don't understand why people seem to actually like Harrenhal. Seems like little more than a huge damp ruin to me.
    Neither do most people in the book. Lord of Harrenhall is an old title that has some serious gravitas and presitge to it, also a fair bit of land. Harrenhall itself is rumoured to be cursed however and is generally avoided.

It provides a useful way to give someone something with a lot of reward but with no real power behind it. Hence Slynt/Littlefinger getting it.

As Littlefinger said, titles breed titles and he is an expert in using such gains as a ladder
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 7 May 2013 10:01:46 2,433 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tonka wrote:

Glad to see the conexions between Friar tuck and Red Ridinghood being clarified. Taliban invaders eh? Who'd a thunk it.
    What, exactly, are you on the fuck about? Any chance you could pay attention and learn some fuckin names, son-of-ronuds?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 7 May 2013 10:05:42 2,433 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    Except he's now sailed off sans Sansa, as she's to marry Tyrion. Which is what that scene was about. Her frustration at going from "Yaaay, I get to leave this dreaded place and go to the Vale to my aunt and nephew with this kind guy who seems to mean well." to "holy shit I get to marry Renly!?! OMFG!" to "No there must be a mistake? Marry Tyrion!?" and as she's trying to get over that shock, the ship that should have taken her to the Vale leaves.

No.....She was going to marry Loras Tyrell, not Renly. Renly Baratheon died last season. Loras was the one she had the awkward conversation with next to the pond.

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 7 May 2013 10:19:51 2,433 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyways...
    Loved this episode. Yeah the stuff with Bran is kicking its heels, but we'd moan if they left him all season then he suddenly popped up.
    Tywin 1, Olena 0 so far. Great conversation, very well written and even better acted by perfect casting.

It was a slightly packed episode and I nearly paused it a couple of times to keep up and get things in order in my head, but just about managed not to.

Lots of things moved forward nicely. Loved Melissandre looking into Arya's eyes and seeing Ilyn Payne, Jeoffrey, The Hound and Cersei dead. Shame Ilyn's not been in it much to show the reason why Arya's got him on her list. Everyone I talk to about him says, 'Who's he?'

For ronuds and Tonka - he's the royal executioner. He lopped off Eddard Starks head. He's a mute as the Targaryen king before Robert cut his tongue out with hot tongs. (That's not a book wanker thing, The Hound told Arya about it during the trip from Winterfell to Kings Landing just before Nymeria (Arya's Direwolf) took a chunk out of Joffrey.)

A friend at work who's watching it only watches it for the action. He always watches each new episode before I do. Whenever I see him at work and ask, 'This weeks any good?' If he reply's with, 'It was shit fuck all happened, just loads of yapping.' I know it's going to be a good episode. He really shouldn't watch it. The episode with Dany setting her dragon and army lose was the only episode he liked. Bloody philistine. Some people say they tried watching it but fuck all happens, just loads of talking and not much action.

Too many people go into it thinking its Lord Of The Rings. Does the name not give them some idea of what its about?

Edited by Daddy-Doom-Bar at 10:20:31 07-05-2013

• Armoured_Bear 7 May 2013 10:20:52 10,608 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    Except he's now sailed off sans Sansa, as she's to marry Tyrion. Which is what that scene was about. Her frustration at going from "Yaaay, I get to leave this dreaded place and go to the Vale to my aunt and nephew with this kind guy who seems to mean well." to "holy shit I get to marry Renly!?! OMFG!" to "No there must be a mistake? Marry Tyrion!?" and as she's trying to get over that shock, the ship that should have taken her to the Vale leaves.

No.....She was going to marry Loras Tyrell, not Renly. Renly Baratheon died last season. Loras was the one she had the awkward conversation with next to the pond.
    All bufties are the same, init?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 7 May 2013 10:21:59 2,433 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    To homophobics, yes.

• Razz 7 May 2013 10:23:48 61,091 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    Ack spoilers!
    Yeah, so the idea is. If you see this thread bumped on a Monday, make a mental note not to forget in the evening to watch it and then come back here.

Actually entering the thread will mean you step into the middle of a discussion on the latest episode, by people who just finished watching it.

So don't do it.
    In other TV threads we usually use spoiler tag for the first day and a bit to give people time to catch up. You should know this being an EG regular.

Edited by Razz at 10:23:58 07-05-2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Razz 7 May 2013 10:25:16 61,091 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Mola_Ram Historically, Eurogamers use spoiler tags for episodes that have just come out to give others a chance to catch up. But I suppose you weren't to know that being quite fresh to these shores. Yes.

Edited by Razz at 10:26:03 07-05-2013

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Salaman 7 May 2013 10:25:27 18,959 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Salaman wrote:

oops, yeah. Renly's sword swallower. Not Renly himself. My bad.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 7 May 2013 10:29:28 2,433 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    @Mola_Ram Historically, Eurogamers use spoiler tags for episodes that have just come out to give others a chance to catch up. But I suppose you weren't to know that being quite fresh to these shores. Yes.
    But...why would you read a thread about a show you know others will have watched but you haven't yet? That's a bit silly, really. Just...don't...read it till...you have? Or is that a bit too sensible?

• Salaman 7 May 2013 10:37:16 18,959 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    Ack spoilers!

So don't do it.
    In other TV threads we usually use spoiler tag for the first day and a bit to give people time to catch up. You should know this being an EG regular.
    I don't hang around any TV threads. Except Breaking Bad.
    Even there. If it's a US pace thread and it starts buzzing with activity because people saw the latest episode and you haven't ... why on earth would you go in there. You have nothing to add to the discussion until you've seen the latest. The only thing you could do would be to spoil the episode for yourself. Seems rather silly.

So anyway. For your future reference:
    This thread doesn't use spoilers. You're best off watching the latest episode before you pop in.
    :-)

Edited by Salaman at 10:37:43 07-05-2013
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 7 May 2013 10:43:45 2,433 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    sajasanman wrote:
    oh ffs did ij ust read the most monumental spoilers daddy-doom-bars post.

dont read
    ....Wha....?

• Tonka 7 May 2013 10:46:57 20,238 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:

What, exactly, are you on the fuck about? Any chance you could pay attention and learn some fuckin names, son-of-ronuds?
    Why I never! If anyone is the father of someone else it's me!

I suck at names in real life as well. If I tried to use the real names of the characters I'd cause even more confusion. At least now people can figure out who I'm talking about.

Alas, their cult have more in common with Christianity than Talibanism. So yeah..

Edited by Tonka at 10:47:36 07-05-2013

• Tonka 7 May 2013 10:49:43 20,238 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    This has gone to the winds lately. I just stay out of threads until I've seen the latest episode.it's even worse now that every other TV-show is an adaption so you end up having "learned" people spoiling things to high heavens even between shows.

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 7 May 2013 10:50:11 2,433 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mind you, I probably only know everyone's name because I'm reading the book as well. When they're all mentioned so many times its easier to remember.

• nickthegun 7 May 2013 10:52:22 59,526 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It clearly says US pace, so spoilering it is absolutely pointless.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• urban 7 May 2013 11:07:58 10,942 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Salaman Sans Sansa...very clever *applauds*
  • Tonka 7 May 2013 11:12:02 20,238 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @nickthegun as are most courtesies

• Salaman 7 May 2013 11:12:30 18,959 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    urban wrote:
    @Salaman Sans Sansa...very clever *applauds*
    :-)
    Ta,

/curt nod
  • mcmonkeyplc 7 May 2013 11:32:26 39,447 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Why the fuck isn't the latest episode on sky catch up yet?!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Page

of 288 First / Last