Game of Thrones (HBO TV SERIES) @ U.S. Pace - NO BOOK SPOILERS! Page 132

  • Page

    of 288 First / Last

  • Salaman 30 Apr 2013 13:49:04 19,069 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    w00t, you should add a shot for each "For the night is dark and full of terrace!"

    Weird for a religious motto but hey, ho. To each god their own.
  • Mola_Ram 30 Apr 2013 13:59:27 7,404 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    w00t wrote:
    I think the sheer volume of information the show chucks at you can be overwhelming at times. I sometimes find myself forgetting entire scenes when discussing the episodes the next day.

    This is definitely a series that benfeits from rewatching episodes.
    Personally I think the show's at its best with a hectic pace. Although I wish some scenes were given a little more time. The Karstark thing, for example.
  • w00t 30 Apr 2013 15:03:17 11,120 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Salaman

    We started to drink and decided to finsish, because JON SNOW DOES KNOW SOMETHING, YGRITTE

    The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

    (the mic was OK in the end)

  • ronuds 30 Apr 2013 15:05:12 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm with w00t, but don't have the attention span to watch multiple times. Unless there's lots of gore...

    ...or bewbs.

    Edited by ronuds at 15:05:27 30-04-2013
  • Deleted user 30 April 2013 15:08:18
    w00t wrote:
    I think the sheer volume of information the show chucks at you can be overwhelming at times. I sometimes find myself forgetting entire scenes when discussing the episodes the next day.

    This is definitely a series that benfeits from rewatching episodes.
    Yeah i might rewatch this week episode. Alot to take in, it seemed to be madking central this week and i had to sive through my head to remember points of that plot thread and catch up with what was being said as well.
  • w00t 30 Apr 2013 15:10:36 11,120 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I find first watch is good for mainly enjoying the spectacle, second watch is for focusing on details (and replaying conversation that you couldn't hear properly the first time around).

    I like to rewatch the previous episode just before the new one, so it's fresh in my mind. Also helps alleviate the waiting frenzy.

    The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

    (the mic was OK in the end)

  • Baihu1983 30 Apr 2013 15:19:04 3,444 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    there's tons going on but it doesn't help that they can't afford to show the battles and therefore don't talk about them very much. Beccause of that it can be easy to forget there's a bunch of major wars going on.

    I actually have felt the series is moving too fast at times

    most of what's going on is intrigue rather than action. jamies revelation to brienne last night being a case in point of a massive reveal (it casts a totally new light on his character) delivered without much action.

    Edited by shamblemonkee at 12:20:32 30-04-2013


    Most the battles happen off page anyways
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 30 Apr 2013 16:18:11 2,434 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    I feel like we already had this discussion a little while ago with the Spartacus thing.
    Indeed, Game of Thrones for intriguing dialogue and characters, Spartacus for blood, tits, gore and action.

    Both very good, both very different.
    Tried Spartacus the other day. Fuckin hell its awful. I got about half way thru the first episode and turned it off. I've never seen anything so cringe worthy, even from the US. The effects area very bad 300 rip off and the script is just...god awful. So, so bad.

    Anyway, loved this episode. Plenty moving forward, the momentum gained in the last episode is still there. No Bran this time, which is a plus.
    Are we allowed to find Brianne a little bit fit now or no? She does have a nice ass.
    Tywin continues to amaze. Yet again gagging for the next episode!

    You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

  • w00t 30 Apr 2013 16:20:03 11,120 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If you don't find a 6'3" lady who can kick the shit out of you attractive, then you're not welcome in my dungeon.

    The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

    (the mic was OK in the end)

  • President_Weasel 30 Apr 2013 16:31:37 9,336 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Goodfella wrote:
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    I feel like we already had this discussion a little while ago with the Spartacus thing.
    Indeed, Game of Thrones for intriguing dialogue and characters, Spartacus for blood, tits, gore and action.

    Both very good, both very different.
    Tried Spartacus the other day. Fuckin hell its awful. I got about half way thru the first episode and turned it off. I've never seen anything so cringe worthy, even from the US. The effects area very bad 300 rip off and the script is just...god awful. So, so bad.

    Anyway, loved this episode. Plenty moving forward, the momentum gained in the last episode is still there. No Bran this time, which is a plus.
    Are we allowed to find Brianne a little bit fit now or no? She does have a nice ass.
    Tywin continues to amaze. Yet again gagging for the next episode!
    I'd actually recommend giving Spartacus another go. The special effects aren't meant to be realistic, it's a deliberate style choice. The plot gets better too (by which I mean there does turn out to be something of a plot) and John Hannah's better in this than he's been in ages, gnashing away at the scenery like a man possessed.

    I had the same reaction as you, including giving up half way through the first episode, but eventually gave it another go and was glad I did. The other series weren't very good though - although I hear the third one turns out to be a return to form.
  • Baihu1983 30 Apr 2013 16:34:53 3,444 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I had the same thing Daddy-Doom-Bar. Everyone says keep going as it gets good from episode 5.

    But that opening episode was dire.

    Edited by Baihu1983 at 16:51:29 30-04-2013
  • Popzeus 30 Apr 2013 16:39:54 8,330 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    There is a very real possibility it will go to shit after they run out of novels to adapt.

    There's a very real possibility this will fuck up the novels as well.
    Novel 6 of 7 is meant to be out this year sometime isn't it?

    Pretty sure the last book will be out (or at least drafted far enough for the show writers to see it) in plenty of time for the show to catch up. Bearing in mind that some books are being adapted as more than one season (novel 3 is going to be seasons 3 & 4, for starters).

    Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

  • Baihu1983 30 Apr 2013 16:52:36 3,444 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rose Leslie don't look too bad either.
  • LeoliansBro 30 Apr 2013 16:57:33 44,248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Popzeus wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    There is a very real possibility it will go to shit after they run out of novels to adapt.

    There's a very real possibility this will fuck up the novels as well.
    Novel 6 of 7 is meant to be out this year sometime isn't it?

    Pretty sure the last book will be out (or at least drafted far enough for the show writers to see it) in plenty of time for the show to catch up. Bearing in mind that some books are being adapted as more than one season (novel 3 is going to be seasons 3 & 4, for starters).
    He delayed Book five for 6 odd years. It was promised right after the fourth.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Popzeus 30 Apr 2013 17:04:11 8,330 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    He delayed Book five for 6 odd years. It was promised right after the fourth.
    He must be getting too old for them kind of shenanigans now, surely. Sooner he churns out the rest of the series, sooner dude can retire.

    Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

  • LeoliansBro 30 Apr 2013 17:05:37 44,248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Or he never finishes them.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Baihu1983 30 Apr 2013 17:10:38 3,444 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    See the book topic for why it took so long. I really don't think he will have that problem again.


    Diana Rigg continues to be awesome in this.
  • Popzeus 30 Apr 2013 17:11:08 8,330 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah there is that option.

    It's unlikely there's really an "ending" in the offing whatever happens, given how woolly the later books are getting.

    Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

  • Baihu1983 30 Apr 2013 17:26:44 3,444 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    :lol: Yeah she just nails the role every scene. Trailer showed her with Tywin at one point so i really look forward to that!

    Not sure if posted but episode 6 preview looks great

  • ronuds 30 Apr 2013 17:36:35 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So what's the giant ice wall all about?
  • Baihu1983 30 Apr 2013 17:37:59 3,444 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ronuds Its a test to see if you really want the loo that's at the top.
  • brokenkey 30 Apr 2013 17:56:07 7,033 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:

    Tried Spartacus the other day. Fuckin hell its awful. I got about half way thru the first episode and turned it off. I've never seen anything so cringe worthy, even from the US. The effects area very bad 300 rip off and the script is just...god awful. So, so bad.
    Its like what I understand smoking to be like. Bad, but if you just keep watching it you'll think it the best thing ever. Really, give it 3-4 episodes.

    3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 30 Apr 2013 18:03:18 2,434 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    So what's the giant ice wall all about?
    Seriously? You dont know what The Wall is? Have you watched the first season?

    You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 30 Apr 2013 18:06:01 2,434 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Goodfella wrote:
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    I feel like we already had this discussion a little while ago with the Spartacus thing.
    Indeed, Game of Thrones for intriguing dialogue and characters, Spartacus for blood, tits, gore and action.

    Both very good, both very different.
    Tried Spartacus the other day. Fuckin hell its awful. I got about half way thru the first episode and turned it off. I've never seen anything so cringe worthy, even from the US. The effects area very bad 300 rip off and the script is just...god awful. So, so bad.

    Anyway, loved this episode. Plenty moving forward, the momentum gained in the last episode is still there. No Bran this time, which is a plus.
    Are we allowed to find Brianne a little bit fit now or no? She does have a nice ass.
    Tywin continues to amaze. Yet again gagging for the next episode!
    I'd actually recommend giving Spartacus another go. The special effects aren't meant to be realistic, it's a deliberate style choice. The plot gets better too (by which I mean there does turn out to be something of a plot) and John Hannah's better in this than he's been in ages, gnashing away at the scenery like a man possessed.

    I had the same reaction as you, including giving up half way through the first episode, but eventually gave it another go and was glad I did. The other series weren't very good though - although I hear the third one turns out to be a return to form.
    Well its obvious the effects arent meant to be realistic, which is why I said they were a poor 300 rip off. Its like someone gave the makers a tenner and said, "make a series that looks like 300."
    They spent the tenner on pastys for lunch.

    You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

  • teamHAM 30 Apr 2013 18:07:53 2,947 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Absolutely loving this season so far, my only gripe is that it's just too damn short. Already nearing the end of the season and staring at another year wait for next season. Of all the shit that my missus has on her Sky Planner this is pretty much the only thing I look forward to.

    XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

  • ronuds 30 Apr 2013 18:12:18 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    So what's the giant ice wall all about?
    Seriously? You dont know what The Wall is? Have you watched the first season?
    Well, excuuuuuuse me. I didn't know it was the same wall. Don't they have an elevator thing then?
  • Page

    of 288 First / Last

Log in or register to reply