Game of Thrones (HBO TV SERIES) @ U.S. Pace - NO BOOK SPOILERS! Page 121

• Page

of 288 First / Last

• TarickStonefire 17 Apr 2013 15:59:22 3,038 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @LeoliansBro Yeah I heard there was a ridiculous amount of sex and nudity. To be honest, that gets boring in a TV show unless there's a point to it... At risk of introducing all *kinds* of innuendo, is there a point to it? ;)

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Mola_Ram 17 Apr 2013 16:02:28 7,205 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The boobs come along with a lot of expository dialogue. Sexposition, if you like.

So yes, they do have a point. To keep you entertained while people explain boring backstory.
  • LeoliansBro 17 Apr 2013 16:02:35 43,746 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It plays to the brutality and the primitive and fits well with a world in which people are feasting and drunkenly brawling and dying all the time. The fact that it's the one thing we question suggests rather that we are skewed as observers.

Plus ... TITS.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Mr-Brett 17 Apr 2013 16:05:38 12,758 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The supernatural stuff is pretty tame and not as prevalent as most fantasy and it actually has interesting characters instead of lazy stereotypes.

So I don't really think of it as fantasy because it's not awful :p

Portable view - Never forget.

• Buztafen 17 Apr 2013 16:20:13 16,156 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Plus Dwarves are better than Hobbits...just.
  • HoriZon 17 Apr 2013 17:38:43 13,527 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dunno if this has been posted or not but still good :)

Edited by HoriZon at 17:40:01 17-04-2013

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Shikasama 17 Apr 2013 17:39:44 6,741 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    It plays to the brutality and the primitive and fits well with a world in which people are feasting and drunkenly brawling and dying all the time. The fact that it's the one thing we question suggests rather that we are skewed as observers.

Plus ... TITS.
    Not really. It's a HBO show and HBO shows like having lots of tits and even a little bit of fanny because it gets viewers.

There are multiple points where it's all a bit unnecessary and it's purely there for the sake of being there. As is the case with all HBO shows.
  • twelveways 17 Apr 2013 17:42:42 3,971 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Apparently there are tits in real life too
  • Razz 17 Apr 2013 17:44:46 61,026 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They've really toned down the sex and gore this season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• BillMurray 17 Apr 2013 20:36:44 7,700 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Edit* Eugh, I give up. Does spoilering images not work?

Edited by BillMurray at 20:38:24 17-04-2013
  • RichieTenenbaum 17 Apr 2013 21:14:58 2,192 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think there's a big difference between spoilers and theorising. For instance, having only seen the TV show I'm 99% sure Jon is not Nedds son. We spend so much time with him compared to Theon etc that he MUST be some kind of magic dude. I think the entire series is basically leading to him and Dany leading a big attack against the white walkers. That's the point of the series, I assume. The other stuff is just filler before Dany takes the throne for good and helps Jon kill the WW and it turns out he's some amazing magic dude or a dragon man as well or something. I think it'll turn out he's noble in some way, too. And have robb and Tyrion on his small council.

None of these are spoilers. But hey, I've never seen the harm in spoilers anyway. People go WAY over the top about them. Someone was kickin off in the avclub newbies review because a book reader said that awesome stuff was coming up!
  • shamblemonkee 17 Apr 2013 21:40:55 14,319 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HoriZon wrote:
    Dunno if this has been posted or not but still good :)

as good as that is they really missed a trick not putting the best bit of Duel of the Fates under it!
  • shamblemonkee 17 Apr 2013 21:44:06 14,319 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @RichieTenenbaum As a book wanker I've made myself stick to just clarifying points from episodes shown as much as possible. to contribute anytihng else is just likely to ruin the experience for others.

as for your theory:

Edited by shamblemonkee at 21:47:56 17-04-2013
  • RichieTenenbaum 17 Apr 2013 21:52:37 2,192 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Haha

Well I've always thought of GoT as having 2 types of plot. Long term and medium term. Jon and Denys being the long term (they rarely interact with other characters) and the other stuff being the medium term. So those two I assume are going to be the most important eventually. They just have to go through a journey first.
  • sirtacos 17 Apr 2013 23:15:49 7,273 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I

Edited by sirtacos at 00:59:27 18-04-2013
  • RichieTenenbaum 21 Apr 2013 13:31:15 2,192 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Awwwww, man

After watching series 1-2 in 3 days, having to wait a week for an episode sucks!
  • Mola_Ram 21 Apr 2013 13:33:19 7,205 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm amazed you managed to digest all that in 3 days!

Just another day to wait. Can't wait to see what they do with Brienne and Jaime. And Theon.

Hell, I like most of the storylines so far. Except the Bran and Jon ones, and what little they've shown of Stannis.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 13:37:15 21-04-2013
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 21 Apr 2013 18:42:43 2,433 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is there anywhere you can watch it live in the u.k? What channel is it on and when?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• M83J01P97 21 Apr 2013 18:43:45 6,595 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sky Atlantic, Monday nights at 9 pm
  • Mola_Ram 22 Apr 2013 03:33:39 7,205 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Varys is back! \o/
  • Mola_Ram 22 Apr 2013 04:38:56 7,205 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh my god, best episode of the season so far. And one of the best ever.

There are so many great scenes that I can't even count them. There's more Varys, more Jaime, more Cersei, Joffrey, Olenna, and the return of Awesome Dany. The only sore spot was Bran's bit, which still feels kind of pointless.

But overall... wow. Absolutely phenomenal, and one of the best episodes of TV I've seen in the last year.
  • tonyferrino 22 Apr 2013 08:27:22 179 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep, got some shivers as Dany put her plan into action. Having not read the books it's all new to me, which I'm quite grateful for to be honest.
  • BillMurray 22 Apr 2013 10:55:41 7,700 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yup, great ending. Saw her plan coming a mile off but was still excited when it happened.
  • mcmonkeyplc 22 Apr 2013 11:30:03 39,435 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's one of my favourite bits in the BOOKS :)

Can't wait to watch it.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Mr-Brett 22 Apr 2013 11:36:38 12,758 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's good to see an army that actually looks like a proper sized army. I take it the budget got increased for this season?

Portable view - Never forget.

• ronuds 22 Apr 2013 13:00:10 21,788 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought the scene with Dany was poorly done, tbh. As in, low budget. It got the point across, though!

Also, I knew the fat kid would run!
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 22 Apr 2013 13:24:16 2,433 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Brilliant episode. Loved every minute. Varys is great. Still don't like Cersie's character. It's not that she's a bad guy, its just she doesn't seem to do a lot these days but brood and pout.
    Loving Jaime and Briannes storyline. Still think Greyjoy should just fuck off and die the whinging little twat. And again, even though I think Bran's storyline is important for the end game, it's taking up time we could be spending with Dany or Varys at the moment.
    But think it was Danys week this week. We saw it coming, but that fucker didn't. Thought it was well done. They looked like they upped the budget, but still couldnt spend the sort of cash Hollywood throw at this sort of thing. Still did the job and gave me goosebumps.

I've just started re watching it from the beginning with the wife this time. She loved the first episode, even though I had to do a little explaining along the way. She doesn't like the fact that it takes a few episodes to properly follow who is who with a program with a large cast and complicated plot. She wanted to know as we were going rather than waiting for things to come out during it.

Looking forward to next weeks!

• Shikasama 22 Apr 2013 13:29:22 6,741 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Brilliant episode. Loved every minute. Varys is great. Still don't like Cersie's character. It's not that she's a bad guy, its just she doesn't seem to do a lot these days but brood and pout.
    There is an element of 'thats the point' in there. A big theme of this book is her being increasingly marginalised by a more independant Joffrey and unassailable Tywin.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 22 Apr 2013 13:36:59 2,433 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I guess so. I think it could just be that others storylines seem to be moving along now after a couple of slow burner episodes, whilst she's still milling about getting pissed off.
    Having said that I've never liked her character. She just seems to be...there. Not doing a lot, seeming a bit useless. As Tywin says, she's not as clever as she thinks she is.

• Page

of 288 First / Last