Game of Thrones (HBO TV SERIES) @ U.S. Pace - NO BOOK SPOILERS! Page 110

• Page

of 288 First / Last

• TOOTR 2 Apr 2013 15:30:18 9,498 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    'All hat and no cattle' :D

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• President_Weasel 2 Apr 2013 16:00:34 8,984 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    the white walkers and the ice zombies are different but related. The white walkers use their evil ice magic to make the ice zombies.
  • Baihu1983 2 Apr 2013 17:37:29 3,312 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
  • President_Weasel 2 Apr 2013 18:10:33 8,984 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Buztafen wrote:
    Ok, so what happened to the pretty boy that was bumming Renly? Is that Loras?
    Yeah, that was Loras. Last seen turning up at the battle of King's Landing wearing Renly's armour, then striding into the room with the queen and the ladies in waiting and taking off the helmet for an "it's me, Loras, I was only pretending to be the ghost of Renly" scene.
    Seen in this episode at a dinner party. Not quite so exciting.
  • Baihu1983 2 Apr 2013 18:42:32 3,312 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I loved the looks he was giving in that scene.
  • spamdangled 2 Apr 2013 18:50:07 27,271 posts
    Seen 44 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is Loras being played by a different actor now?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• sirtacos 2 Apr 2013 19:19:45 7,271 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is Loras the elf-looking Orlando Bloom guy?
    Edit: google says yes.

Edited by sirtacos at 19:20:25 02-04-2013
  • M83J01P97 2 Apr 2013 19:20:04 6,553 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Is Loras being played by a different actor now?
    Nope, think he just had a hair cut.
  • President_Weasel 2 Apr 2013 20:47:31 8,984 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Same blokey I think, although he's not particularly remarkable looking. I mostly remember the "look at my hair" foppery.
  • M83J01P97 2 Apr 2013 20:49:08 6,553 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I mostly remember him for cutting a guy and then giving him head... *sigh* if only we could all find someone like that?
  • Vortex808 2 Apr 2013 21:20:56 6,975 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Enjoyed that very much. Shame it's a week's wait for the next one.

I winced at *that* scene.
  • ZuluHero 4 Apr 2013 14:24:41 4,030 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry if this has been posted before - made me laugh though - If Game of Thrones had Facebook:-

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/01b3ff3445/game-of-thrones-on-facebook
  • Architect_z 4 Apr 2013 16:56:12 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Spartacus is way better than Game of Thrones.
  • Gambit1977 4 Apr 2013 17:54:29 9,583 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you're 12!
  • Mr-Brett 4 Apr 2013 17:59:12 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't let a stupid attention seeking post derail the thread, lets head it off at the pass.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Architect_z 4 Apr 2013 18:04:52 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    What do you mean attention seeking, I could have written it in caps.
    Like Goodfella said, I like both for different reasons. Spartacus is just really funny.

Does anyone else think Game of Thrones is abit too slow?
    I mean I know in some ways it has to be due to there being many characters and kingdoms, but although the story is solid its just abit boring?

Whether Spartacus is all action and cock!
  • Baihu1983 4 Apr 2013 18:13:04 3,312 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Coming into a topic just to say something is better is trolling.

And slow? no it does character development.
  • Mr-Brett 4 Apr 2013 18:15:18 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So you don't mind the post being called stupid? ;)

Ok well it was a flippant remark made without any context or even the most basic of qualifiers such as 'imo'. It states only that one is better than the other which is hardly a great starting point for any meaningful debate. Which suggested to me it was an attention seeking or trolling post, maybe it was just not thought through.

Anyway, I like Sparticus but as you have clearly noticed it's quite different. Sparticus is largely blood, tits and fighting with a disposable story, which is fine. Game of Thrones focuses more on characters, politics etc so if you're in it for the fights then yeah it's going to seem a bit slow. Compared to the source material it's actually moving at lightning speed so you might want to avoid those :)

• ronuds 4 Apr 2013 18:24:40 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd agree that it's a bit slower than I'd like, but it's still the best thing going on TV, imo. You feel like the conclusions to all of these story lines will be worth it.

They better be!

Edited by ronuds at 18:24:57 04-04-2013
  • Architect_z 4 Apr 2013 18:46:27 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The problem I have with Game of thrones (and forgive me because my memory isnt excellent) is not much really progresses.
    In Spartacus its basically a section of story, a section of action, a section of softcore pron and ends on a ok cliffhanger which makes you want more.

I'll admit Game of Thrones is very well made (way better than Spartacus). But alot of the characters are forgetable, it doesnt always clearly state whos who, or what kingdom theyre from, and who their enemies and allies are.

I just feel I watch 3 game of thrones episodes and think, they could have actually filtered that into one and progressed alot faster with the story.
  • thedaveeyres 4 Apr 2013 18:59:14 10,705 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Game of Thrones flys along at a cracking pace. Each episode is near enough 70-100 book pages. Stop trolling, or at least troll in a semi-convincing manner.

Edited by thedaveeyres at 19:01:28 04-04-2013

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• RyanDS 4 Apr 2013 19:09:46 9,067 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    The problem I have with Game of thrones (and forgive me because my memory isnt excellent) is not much really progresses.
    In Spartacus its basically a section of story, a section of action, a section of softcore pron and ends on a ok cliffhanger which makes you want more.

I'll admit Game of Thrones is very well made (way better than Spartacus). But alot of the characters are forgetable, it doesnt always clearly state whos who, or what kingdom theyre from, and who their enemies and allies are.

I just feel I watch 3 game of thrones episodes and think, they could have actually filtered that into one and progressed alot faster with the story.
    alot is not a word. It is two. A lot.
  • Baihu1983 4 Apr 2013 19:44:14 3,312 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:

Yeah it does. Maybe you should pay attention? O maybe you like like the blood and tits Spartacus relies on to ''progress'' its story.
  • sirtacos 5 Apr 2013 01:02:53 7,271 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    GoT makes it fairly obvious who's who/who's fucking whom etc. The use of expository (hopefully that's a word) dialogue takes care of these things, so if you're still confused, I wouldn't fault the show for it. Maybe staple a character map to the bottom of your TV?
    Granted, it can be a tad confusing, at least where minor chracters are concerned. However, I enjoyed it greatly even when I knew Tyrion only as 'the dwarf from that evil blonde family'. Intimate knowledge of the lore enhances viewing but is far from necessary.

As for it being too slow, we don't seem to be watching the same series. If anything, GoT could benefit from slowing it down. The new season, for instance, has way too much shit to deal with and as a result flits about between plot strands like a squirrel on meth. Running time could easily be doubled IMO.

Edited by sirtacos at 01:34:45 05-04-2013
  • Mola_Ram 5 Apr 2013 01:24:26 6,997 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mr. Baihu. I will not have any word spoken against Spartacus, thank you.
  • Architect_z 5 Apr 2013 11:03:14 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nah see, i'm talking about normal people who watch the show. I think all you guys read the books, and research the show and the plot and characters etc.
    I have a life theres a difference.

O this trolling stuff is ace. I'm gonna do more of this. TO THE COMMENTS SECTION!!!

By the way guys, i'm not saying GoT is bad, is f**king amazing. Just not as good as Spartacus.
  • Mr-Brett 5 Apr 2013 11:07:29 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    *sigh*

Oh well, new episode in a couple of days, then we can talk about that instead.

• Architect_z 5 Apr 2013 11:30:30 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Can't wait.

Awwwww Mr-Brett, don't worry, I'm just one of those wankers you come across from time to time. I won't ruin your guys time anymore. I will talk serious about Game of Thrones from now on. My trolling doesnt go down well in this forum. :(
  • Page

of 288 First / Last