Registered 4 years ago
    Ultra-NSFW - Shae (Sibel Kekilli)

;)

Edited by Geesh at 12:33:48 02-04-2013

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• oceanmotion 2 Apr 2013 11:13:58 15,820 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Enjoyed the opening episode, just as good already and so much more to show.

That women had amazing boobs, forgot the subtitles at one moment.
  • nickthegun 2 Apr 2013 12:21:19 59,492 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If thats what I think it is, thats ultra-nsfw

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Salaman 2 Apr 2013 12:29:43 18,959 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I could have done with a "previously on Game of Thrones". Every time they swapped to a new storyline I was sitting there thinking "wait .. where are we at again? What's going on?"

Maybe I need to rewatch a bit of S2. I was working on the assumption that they'd spoon feed me and provide a synopsis of S1-2 first. :-)
  • nickthegun 2 Apr 2013 12:40:19 59,492 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They did have a quick 'previously on..' but it wasnt exactly comprehensive but, to be fair, if they did that, it would have eaten into the running time considerably so im glad it was perfunctory at best.

He totally called it

• oceanmotion 2 Apr 2013 13:03:01 15,820 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    I could have done with a "previously on Game of Thrones". Every time they swapped to a new storyline I was sitting there thinking "wait .. where are we at again? What's going on?"

Maybe I need to rewatch a bit of S2. I was working on the assumption that they'd spoon feed me and provide a synopsis of S1-2 first. :-)
    Yeah, I can't remember half the people they mention or what side they are on but comes together eventually.

They did a 5 min recap of season 2 if that helps.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=eKmFKmITRkk

The dragon lady arc seems to mention so many names but I can't place them and not sure which side she falls ons if any. Think I need to get myself over to Wikipedia for some clarity.
  • Baihu1983 2 Apr 2013 13:11:25 3,415 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Very good opening episode. Always good to have GoT's on tv.
  • LeoliansBro 2 Apr 2013 13:19:27 43,818 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aeron Aegon Aeyon another Aeron Tywin Tyrion my mind is going.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• oceanmotion 2 Apr 2013 13:24:56 15,820 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So Daenerys and her bro were exciled, knew that. Has their father ever been shown, King Targaryen? He was killed by big fat King Robert Baratheon. His son was the one that tried to invade with ships last season and had that evil red haired women in his ear. Queen Cersei with Joffrey as son was married to King Robert. So easy to forget this stuff. Things are a little clearer.

Trying to figure out who plays who, Sansa actress is just 17.
  • glaeken 2 Apr 2013 13:32:44 11,143 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So where was that burned down castle then that Rob arrived at? Was that the Starks home castle that Theon raided or the one that Arya was hanging around at in series 2. I missed the explanation for that.
  • Nexus_6 2 Apr 2013 13:33:48 3,876 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    So Daenerys and her bro were exciled, knew that. Has their father ever been shown, King Targaryen? He was killed by big fat King Robert Baratheon. His son was the one that tried to invade with ships last season and had that evil red haired women in his ear. Queen Cersei with Joffrey as son was married to King Robert. So easy to forget this stuff. Things are a little clearer.

Trying to figure out who plays who, Sansa actress is just 17.
    N'UH UH

The mad king was killed by Jaime Lannister 'Kingslayer' who is the queens brother, and the one who invaded by boat at end of season 2 was Robert's brother Stannis.
  • nickthegun 2 Apr 2013 13:33:48 59,492 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Almost all of that is wrong

He totally called it

• LeoliansBro 2 Apr 2013 13:34:59 43,818 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Baratheons are brothers: Robert, Stannis, Renly.

The Targaryen King was called Aegon (I think) the mad, killed Ned Stark's father and brother after his son Prince Rhaegyr knicked a Stark sister for his own. Kicked off the whole problem. The Stark children are loosely the central characters. The Targaryen heirs are dicking around in another country dying or getting their tits out. Don't worry about what goes on over there, it's placeholder.

The Naval Greyjoy lot sided with the Targaryens and were trounced, the old generation hang around being damp and pointless and going on ten year voyages, the younger generation are not so lucky.

There are the desert Martells, all a bit Aladdin and the Tyrells, powerful and backgroundy and fat, the good Tullys and the bad Freys faffing about the midlands and the Watch in the far north, all set to be the central characters until GRR Martin got distracted for 15 years by other things.

Plenty of others knocking about, hedge knights and the whimsical (but dangerous) idiots in the Eyrie, Littlefinger following his own plan (and having precious little to do with things as a result because his own plan seems to be 'settle down in a nice castle in the country'), strange occurrences and murders and foreshadowing that's never followed up on, and bastard children flying about the place, massively signposted.

And then there's the Lannisters, definitely the most interesting.

• Buztafen 2 Apr 2013 13:35:48 16,176 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    So where was that burned down castle then that Rob arrived at? Was that the Starks home castle that Theon raided or the one that Arya was hanging around at in series 2. I missed the explanation for that.
    I think it was the one Arya was at with Dance. Though Winterfell was set on fire by Theon last season which is why it was all smokey in the opening credits bit...i think.
  • mcmonkeyplc 2 Apr 2013 13:35:52 39,440 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's Harrenhal. Where the Lanister's were biding their time before they joined forces with the Tyrels to defend Kings landing from Stannis. Also where Arraya was taken too and then escaped.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• LeoliansBro 2 Apr 2013 13:37:50 43,818 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Harrenhel was fucked by dragons wasn't it?

• glaeken 2 Apr 2013 13:40:09 11,143 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cool. I thought it was Harrenhel but then they recognised one of the dead and I was unsure how they got hold of those northmen so that set me thinking it might be Stark castle
  • Buztafen 2 Apr 2013 13:41:14 16,176 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    This^. Though hasnt it been like...fucking donkeys years since anyone has seen a dragon (till Danny B Cup turned up with 3), why is the place still smoking!

EDIT: Are we spoilering things in here. I thought this was the sky/pirate bastards thread?

Edited by Buztafen at 13:46:38 02-04-2013
  • Salaman 2 Apr 2013 13:42:47 18,959 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    Nope. That's euhrm ... Harrenhall, I think it's called.
    It's a ruin from the time of the Targaryens. I think it was given to some loyal knight but it was soon after attacked by a dragon and it's been a bit of a ruin since. It keeps been "given" to people but it's a bit of a poisoned chalice as it's supposedly cursed.
    If I'm not getting mixed up, in season two the tickler and consorts resided there until Jamie, the kingslayer showed up. He's apparently moved on now.

edit: should've refreshed before replying. :-)

Edited by Salaman at 13:45:33 02-04-2013
  • LeoliansBro 2 Apr 2013 13:43:26 43,818 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It is, but I can't remember where the series has got to vs the books and what info I get from either.

• oceanmotion 2 Apr 2013 13:45:40 15,820 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Almost all of that is wrong
    Yeah, forget that. I even put sons instead of brothers.Was just a quick skim, will read it properly later.
  • LeoliansBro 2 Apr 2013 13:52:05 43,818 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Buztafen wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    This^. Though hasnt it been like...fucking donkeys years since anyone has seen a dragon (till Danny B Cup turned up with 3), why is the place still smoking!

EDIT: Are we spoilering things in here. I thought this was the sky/pirate bastards thread?
    Anyway there are plenty of dragons - they're just asleep pretending to be Stannis's castle ;)

• Salaman 2 Apr 2013 13:53:09 18,959 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know it's hardly the main plot but what's Danaery's deal so far.

Off the top of my head and probably wrong:
    She's at Master Ilirio's house with her brother. She gets married off to Khal Drogo. They ride off to the horselord's city (forgot the name), she passes some horse heart eating initiation, her borther gets his gold crown and the happy couple move out. Khal dies of some stupid infection and her khalasar disbands except for a few people here and there.
    She hatches her dragons in her dead hubby's funeral pyre and then marches the people that stick with her through the desert. Finds some town where they have lots of slaves but are willing to treat her like royalty on accounts of her having dragons. Then what happens?
    Something goes wrong and she sets off by ship and goes to buy herself a slave army at a different slave town?

Also .., unrelated.No Arya last night. Boo!
  • shamblemonkee 2 Apr 2013 13:54:37 14,320 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Show is pretty much exactly the first third of book 3 pt1 so far. although it is starting ot deviate more from the books as the strands get more diverse, drawing in big plots that in the books cover a book or more to a more plot over a few episodes, it seems
  • nickthegun 2 Apr 2013 13:56:24 59,492 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    She kills the dude with the bank vault and nicks his money and then sails to slavetown to buy herself an army to go and regain the throne with all the money she stole from him, him being very rich.

It did kind of gloss over all that but, yeah, she is wedged after killing the merchant dude.

He totally called it

• Salaman 2 Apr 2013 14:02:04 18,959 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Right ... that rich dude that was keen to marry her to get her dragons.
    Oh yeah and warlocks. There was them too.
  • mcmonkeyplc 2 Apr 2013 14:02:39 39,440 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'd forgotten about that!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• nickthegun 2 Apr 2013 14:05:46 59,492 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And you call yourself a book wanker?

He totally called it

• President_Weasel 2 Apr 2013 14:09:01 9,195 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Buztafen wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:

It's cursed. But also, because people live there and they're cooking their dins.

But when the Stark army turned up, it was smoking because the Mountain couldn't hold the place since Tywin had taken the bulk of the army to defeat Stannis at King's Landing, so he'd slaughtered a bunch of prisoners and burned whatever was burnable (roofs, for instance) to make the place less useful to the Northerners, and then buggered off.

King Robert Baratheon was Eddard (Ned) Stark's mate, they'd been fostered together back in the day at the big castle in the Vale with Jon Arryn (hand of the King just prior to the start of series 1, his death was the final spark that kicked off the whole thing). Robert Baratheon went North to get ned to be hand of the king, since he was pretty much the only man he could trust.

The mad king (Aerys?) Targaryen killed Ned Stark's dad and older brother because he thought they were plotting against him (they might actually have been, a little bit, there are hints that Ned's dad was building bridges to the other great families what with fostering Ned and Robert together at the Vale and arranging for Robert to marry Ned's sister and arranging a marriage for Ned's older brother with the Tullys - that's the North, the Vale, the Riverlands, and the Stormlands in a sort of alliance, and that's 4 kingdoms out of seven. However, Mad King Aerys was bonkers paranoid so maybe they weren't or maybe it was normal politicking, not a plot)
    Then the Mad King's son nicked Ned's sister who Robert was supposed to marry and was in love with, and there was a massive civil war.

Tywin Lannister aka Charles Dance sat it out til the last moment then came in on the rebel side and treacherously took King's Landing. Jamie Lannister was supposed to be guarding the Mad King but killed him instead.

Robert had two brothers. Stannis was older and was rigid and inflixible and an unlovable hardcase, Renly was the younger one and easy to like.
    Robert married Tywin's daughter Cersei but she never liked him and secretly shagged her brother and then conspired to have Robert killed before it came out. Then Joffrey killed Ned Stark when he was supposed to exile him to the Wall - and there was a massive civil war.

Renly tried to take the throne for himself because Loras Tyrell told him to, Stannis wouldn't let him because he was all about the law and the law said Stannis was the rightful heir. Renly got killed by magic and his army fell apart, Stannis nearly took King's Landing but lost because of a mixture of Tyrion using WMDs and the Tyrells changing sides and joining Charles Dance, and them hitting Stannis from behind.

It's about this point I usually say "and there was a massive civil war" but we're still doing the same one from a paragraph ago.

Stannis is brooding on Dragonstone (big island off the coast, where Daenerys was born) having lost much of his fleet and army.

Robb Stark and the Northern army is wandering around the Riverlands trying to find Lannisters to fight and not achieving very much.
    Everyone's pissed off at Robb Stark's mum because she let Jaime Lannister go in some ill-conceived attempt to swap him for her daughters.

Tywin's in charge at King's Landing.
    Tyrion saved the city but got no thanks for it because his dad doesn't like him.
    Cersei's the Queen but is losing her grip on power - the new Queen is Loras Tyrell's sister and the people like her a lot more than they like the Lannisters because she has better PR advisors, also she's not got much control over King Joffrey and it looks like the new Queen is winning him over.

Dany is wandering around on the Sub Plot Sub Continent, slightly less poor than last season but still without much of an army.
    She pissed off the warlocks in the last town by killing at least one of them when they tried to nick her dragons. Also the "richest man in town" turned out to be all hat and no cattle, but she got some ships and a bit of cash when she killed him.

Who did I miss?

Edited by President_Weasel at 14:11:34 02-04-2013
  • Page

of 288 First / Last