Game of Thrones (HBO TV SERIES) @ U.S. Pace Page 105

• Page

of 220 First / Last

• nickthegun 12 Feb 2013 08:26:04 55,877 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:

TL:DR version: shut up about the books.
    To be fair, type A only occurred because type B just wouldnt shut up. You mention it politely, you keep asking them to not spoiler the series and every time they would ignore you and carry on so the next logical thing is to go nuclear. Still of the two biggest book wankers, genji has fucked off to aatg, so it remains to be seen if PazJohnMitch can keep his mouth shut and refrain from tapping his nose knowingly this year.

Now, to be fair, I appreciate that it cant be easy to discuss the series if youve seen the books so if everyone who hasnt can refrain from asking stupid questions like 'what happens to jon snow?' that would be great. It's like offering gazza a pint.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• gooner77 12 Feb 2013 08:27:16 652 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    1st April in the UK according to sky Atlantic
  • gooner77 12 Feb 2013 08:27:17 652 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    1st April in the UK according to sky Atlantic
  • Shikasama 12 Feb 2013 08:27:33 6,277 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    OH MAN YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS TO JON SNOW! HE TURNS INTO A CHOO CHOO TRAIN AND THEY RIDE HIM TO KINGS LANDING WHERE HE TRANSFORMS INTO MEGATRON AND BECOMES LORD OF THE TREASURY
  • Mola_Ram 12 Feb 2013 09:11:29 6,255 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    In my experience there are people on both sides who are pretty insensitive regarding these things.

Nobody usually means any harm - they just want to have a discussion like anyone else - but they get over-enthusiastic and say things about the books that others don't want to hear.

And while some people ask nicely to spoiler-tag or edit things, there are others who jump right in there aggressively and start insulting the person responsible. And that sometimes even extends, in a sort of pre-emptive spoiler strike, to people who even mention that there are books. Which isn't good for anyone concerned. It's just not nice.

So, I think that people could afford to be... well, to not be needlessly combatative. To not be cunts, basically.

Be cool to one another.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 09:12:06 12-02-2013
  • shamblemonkee 12 Feb 2013 09:47:54 14,041 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    and party on?

almost
  • LockeTribal 12 Feb 2013 10:07:24 4,443 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sorry to mention the B-word, but do we know if this series is going to cover both parts of A Storm of Swords or just the first part?
  • shamblemonkee 12 Feb 2013 10:11:01 14,041 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd presume (and hope) that the series roughly match the books per series. not sure how you'd fit everything that happens in to one season, i've just re-read both books of part 3 and i just can't see how they'd manage to shorten it all and not loose too much.

argh, sorry for sort of book talk!
  • Tryhard 12 Feb 2013 10:13:13 3,485 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Having just watched the box set of Season 1 for the 2nd time, and awaiting box set of Season 2 on March.Seeing the trailer of Season 3 with everyone aged was a shock.

My Fav character has to be the Dwarf Tyrion Lannister,especially in armour leading the charge of wildmen and gets knocked out by a dangling warhammer. He has the best lines to,and with the real name of Peter Dinklage.How could you not love him?
  • LockeTribal 12 Feb 2013 10:25:14 4,443 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @shamblemonkee I'd gotten it into my head that they were doing it all in the one series for some reason but as you say I can't see how'd they'd manage it.
  • Anthony_UK 12 Feb 2013 11:26:03 2,395 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They have said that the third series covers half the 3rd book, to much content to cover apparently. Not that I've read the books... Though I'm bloody tempted
  • PazJohnMitch 12 Feb 2013 11:38:22 7,276 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought it was in two halves?
  • LockeTribal 12 Feb 2013 11:45:47 4,443 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Anthony_UK Ah cheers, don't know where I got that idea from.
  • President_Weasel 12 Feb 2013 12:36:08 8,604 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    Having just watched the box set of Season 1 for the 2nd time, and awaiting box set of Season 2 on March.Seeing the trailer of Season 3 with everyone aged was a shock.

My Fav character has to be the Dwarf Tyrion Lannister,especially in armour leading the charge of wildmen and gets knocked out by a dangling warhammer. He has the best lines to,and with the real name of Peter Dinklage.How could you not love him?
    It's one of the few scenes where I noticed the show suffering for its budget constraints. The original story outline for the show called for Tyrion to lead his wildmen in the battle, and for his dad to base his battleplan on Tyrion being shit and his wildmen and the trash troops he'd been given collapsing, sucking the enemy into a trap. It said a lot about the relationship between Tyrion and his father - trying to impress him yet being despised and used as bait in a plan that had a decent chance of him being killed.

Instead, since they only had the budget for one big battle scene in the series, they wrote a "comedy moment" where he gives an inspiring speech and gets knocked out by accident.

It seemed a bit like lazy writing, and the "ha ha he is small he got knocked out and nobody noticed" joke didn't really fit with the rest of the show.

Edited by President_Weasel at 12:37:52 12-02-2013
  • PazJohnMitch 12 Feb 2013 16:09:47 7,276 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @President_Weasel

I thought that was a separate battle entirely?

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it further / correct my memory of events.

I think it would be best not to elaborate further here even if it is discussing events that already happened within series 2.
  • Flying_Pig 20 Feb 2013 20:49:58 10,281 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just finished series one last night. Really pleasantly surprised about how good this is - Looking forward to season 2.
  • Deleted user 22 February 2013 00:14:27
    @PazJohnMitch A Game of Thrones of Two Halves?

I'm deeply sorry...
  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 23 Feb 2013 07:16:02 6,999 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Season 3: www.youtube.com/embed/RzI9v_B4sxw
  • Mola_Ram 23 Feb 2013 08:29:12 6,255 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Holy fuck that looks good. DRAGONS
  • Frogofdoom 23 Feb 2013 09:20:00 801 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Anthony_UK The books are so much better than the series and im not really much of a bookworm. The series is still easily one of the best things on tv though so that speaks testament to how good the books are (apart from one of them which is a bit slow, but still very good).

I cant really speak much about what has happened in the series as i worked my way through the books really fast and wouldn't want to spoil anything. So i will just say that there are some truly brilliant things on the horizon that eclipse anything from the first 2 series.
  • graysonavich 23 Feb 2013 11:01:48 6,805 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh good I'd hope so! Thanks for letting us know, I was a little worried then.
  • Tryhard 2 Mar 2013 14:48:50 3,485 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Season 2 box set has been dispatched from Amazon.Time to catch up with my favourite Dwarf.
  • TOOTR 2 Mar 2013 16:10:55 9,473 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    Season 2 box set has been dispatched from Amazon.Time to catch up with my favourite Dwarf.
    Who's your second favourite dwarf? ;)

Apart from Warwick Davies?

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Tryhard 4 Mar 2013 21:49:24 3,485 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well if episode 1 & 2 of season 2 is anything to go by my fav dwarf is really putting the cat amongst the pigeons.Great start.
  • liamthemaster 4 Mar 2013 22:04:01 1,411 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I thought season 3 started at the beginning of march, it's april. balls!
  • PazJohnMitch 5 Mar 2013 12:07:40 7,276 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My favourite dwarf is Red Dwarf!
  • President_Weasel 5 Mar 2013 13:52:56 8,604 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:
    Tryhard wrote:
    Who's your second favourite dwarf? ;)

Apart from Warwick Davies?
    The grumpy racist one out of In Bruges.
  • gooner77 5 Mar 2013 15:17:37 652 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had season 2 blu ray preordered for 36 on amazon lo and behold Tescos are selling it for 30. Amazon Returns dept have been informed
  • Salaman 5 Mar 2013 15:53:11 18,249 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think I'm might try and re-read the books in order prepare for season 3.
    I flew through them the first time just to see where the story was going and didn't bother holding back if things got a bit confusing with all the names, houses, locations, plot lines, etc.

Having powered through the books and watched series 1 and 2, hopefully the story will be more coherent on a read through.
  • BinaryBob101 5 Mar 2013 16:28:04 21,966 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    THE BOOKS!

Goose fat is sponsored by:

Lens Flare

• Page

of 220 First / Last