Wants opinions on where to sell PS2 (original) and games. Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • spamdangled 6 Mar 2011 17:29:55 27,269 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Be best off using Ebay tbh. CEX are a ripoff, and the stores dont stick to the website prices.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• LionheartDJH 6 Mar 2011 17:55:44 19,359 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As already pointed out dm there's a point where things aren't worth listing on eBay, which includes most of that stuff I would imagine. I've always found CEX's prices to be pretty good, for cash and trade at least. Have been there occasionally and have always got the same prices in store as I found online.

She dives for cheese pasties

• spamdangled 6 Mar 2011 18:31:30 27,269 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well looking at the prices on ebay for the games the OP is wanting to get rid of, he can easily get close to a hundred for that lot.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 6 March 2011 18:48:47
    Your best off keeping the lot because you'll be lucky to get more then £20 for it altogether.
  • Load_2.0 6 Mar 2011 20:07:08 18,873 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A second hand PS2 with damaged tray and a bunch of PS2 games?

Maybe 20 or 30 quid tops.

But I doubt CEX or Game will actually buy it.
  • LionheartDJH 6 Mar 2011 20:10:11 19,359 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yep agreed Load, don't think it's worth much at all myself, and I already pointed out that they might not even take it for cash. Do Game even do PS2 game trades anymore?

@dm, I believe it's a lady actually ;)

• spamdangled 6 Mar 2011 20:21:01 27,269 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Some of those games are going for over a tenner each on ebay.

• LionheartDJH 6 Mar 2011 20:24:34 19,359 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shall we set up a betting pool on how much she'll get for them then?

• heyyo 6 Mar 2011 21:11:17 14,374 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oneeee hundreddddddddddddddd and eighttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttTTTTTTTy

pence
  • LionheartDJH 6 Mar 2011 21:21:38 19,359 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is that a bet or a reply to the OP?

• heyyo 6 Mar 2011 21:32:07 14,374 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    hmm, a reply - but I suggest people bet on my estimate because I am a professional at evaluating PS2 games.
  • Trent_Steel 7 Mar 2011 13:42:21 125 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Slightly urelated, but was considering firing some of my Gamecube / PS3 unwanteds up on Ebay as I'm having a massive clearout of all my old stuff. Was amazed to find that Viewtiful Joe and Metroid Prime 2 were worthless on GC, and on PS3 Ratchet and Clank, GTA IV, Eternal Sonata, and Modern Warfare 2 were the same.

It seems with games that if it's not obscure and Japanese (and even if it is in Eternal Sonata's case), it will quite quickly become as valuable as a Zimbabwean tenner.
  • AceGrace 7 Mar 2011 14:22:23 1,021 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Eternal Sonata is one JRPG which is pretty easy to find, there are lots of copies floating about.
  • Collymilad 8 Mar 2011 05:13:09 1,266 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hi, I'm a typical Eurogamer dickhead so fuck you!

Serious answer though:

Ebay is probably the best place. Search any of the games you think might be worth anything more than £5 for prices, sell them seperately then put the rest in a bundle with the hardware.
  • harhol 8 Mar 2011 22:39:51 156 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    eBay is your best bet, imo.

Try selling games from the same series together in a Buy It Now bundle for £15-20. Don't underestimate the value of convenience on an impulse buy site like eBay.

Don't put anything up for auction unless it's still in demand like Dark Cloud or Okami, otherwise you won't get anything decent for them.

If you're patient you could easily get up to £5 for the crap games and anything up to £10 for the well known ones on Buy It Now. Just make sure to take a nice photo, have a good description, etc.

If everything always sold for what it was worth then there wouldn't be thousands upon thousands of full time eBay traders. ;)

Oh and don't bother trying to sell the PS2. It's worthless.
  • FortysixterUK 9 Mar 2011 10:14:54 390 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wouldn't sell it.

I find hours of fun going back to old consoles a few years later.
    I recently started FF12 for the 2nd time and have been buying up UK versions of usa RPGs I bought at full price 5/6 years ago for £3/£4 now. Plus there are all the other games you alway meant to get round too but didn't quite manage, again, they sell for £2/£3 a pop. Brilliant.
    Will be cracking out my PS1 soon to replay FF7/8/9 and I defo want another pop at FF3 (FF6), so will be breaking out the Snes as well.
  • November_Rain 10 Mar 2011 14:02:16 8 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    harhol wrote:
    eBay is your best bet, imo.

Try selling games from the same series together in a Buy It Now bundle for £15-20. Don't underestimate the value of convenience on an impulse buy site like eBay.

Don't put anything up for auction unless it's still in demand like Dark Cloud or Okami, otherwise you won't get anything decent for them.

If you're patient you could easily get up to £5 for the crap games and anything up to £10 for the well known ones on Buy It Now. Just make sure to take a nice photo, have a good description, etc.

If everything always sold for what it was worth then there wouldn't be thousands upon thousands of full time eBay traders. ;)

Oh and don't bother trying to sell the PS2. It's worthless.

^This, really.

You can pick up the old-style PS2 consoles for around £20 each now in the likes of Cash Generator. Since yours is damaged I'd say you'd be lucky to get a tenner for it. Personally I would give it away.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next